TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Okay, so let me just make sure that we all agree on the shape of the tool. Does everyone see this shape (see above) in the photo below?

attachment.php

Yes, I agree on shape. Although it looks smaller and more like a normal hammer to me, but blown up, it looks more like the geology tool....

It seems like we all generally agree that the tool was perhaps a rock-hound tool or maybe a laborer's tool (perhaps roofer).

But what about that helmet? Real motorcycle helmets are expensive unless you could get one used or borrow one. The the lack of a visor (there was no visor, correct?) leads me to think of paintball helmets. They're not exactly cheap either, but I found an image that looks similar when searching 'paintball helmets'.

www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=93214&stc=1[/IMG]

Good find! But I wouldn't discount motorcycle helmets yet. There is nothing to say that this person can't ride...especially if, as I strongly suspect, it's a man. Motorcycle helmets sometimes come with face masks, too. I wonder why the bottom of the face is so obscured? Most thieves will slap on a hat and sunglasses, knowing it's hard enough to id someone with just the hair, head and eyes covered. Is there a defect in his face, or maybe he's got facial hair he wants to obscure?

Snipped by me to address your question re: men at CG camp.

I attend early morning CG camp and they are co-ed. I can't speak for her specific camp, but every one I have attended has had both men and women. I can also say that seeing and starting the day everyday with the same group of people/encouraging each other/partner workouts creates bonds between campers. To me, it's a "family type" bond, but I could see how the environment could be a catalyst for "romantic type" bonds, as well. Hope that helps! :) also - all of this is JMO based in my personal experiences.

ETA - sorry I somehow messed up the formatting on the quotation. Typing on my phone 😬

It seems like we all generally agree that the tool was perhaps a rock-hound tool or maybe a laborer's tool (perhaps roofer).

But what about that helmet? Real motorcycle helmets are expensive unless you could get one used or borrow one. The the lack of a visor (there was no visor, correct?) leads me to think of paintball helmets. They're not exactly cheap either, but I found an image that looks similar when searching 'paintball helmets'.

attachment.php

I don't really know what to make of the face equipment. If you watch the video you'll see that the headlamp used is coming from underneath the visor of the helmet looking somewhat recessed, so I don't know if the headlamp is built into the helmet or as part of the eyewear and in either case where such equipment would come from. I've found something that you could be attached to a hat underneath the visor, but it's not the same thing as the perp used a single bright light rather than rows of lights. The closest thing I've been able to find is a motorcycle helmet with a built-in 'map light,' but the problems with this type of helmet is that it looks like the wrong shape and the light is off-center rather than in the middle:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/akuma-helmet/akuma-ghost-rider-led.jpg

View attachment 93220

http://www.breachingtools.com/files/halligan.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halligan_bar

"A Halligan bar (also called a Halligan tool[1] or Hooligan tool in Australia) is a forcible entry tool used by firefighters and law enforcement.[2]"

" The firefighter holding the Halligan can use a "baseball bat swing" to sink the pick into the door frame near the door handle and then force the door by applying pressure to the adze.[8] Another option is to use the Halligan to pry the door off the top hinges.[8]"

"One variant of the Halligan has a heavy sliding collar on the shaft. Once the prying end of the tool is wedged into position, the sliding 'hammer' is used to force the wedge, allowing for proper seating before prying. "

I don't get why nobody's talking about the radio interview, did nothing new come of it?

I feel like I'm falling behind with this case....

View attachment 93216

Okay, so let me just make sure that we all agree on the shape of the tool. Does everyone see this shape (see above) in the photo below?

View attachment 93217

I agree with the outline, but as far as saying whether it was a burglary tool, breaching tool, rock tool or any other specialty tool I'm not with conviction to say with certain it was one type or the other. I lean towards it being a breaching tool, but not with conviction, like with the perp having a breaching tool kit that they're reaching into during the video. Also on the video there appears to be multiple hammers as there is the hammer object the perp carries plus there is something else that looks like it could be some other type of hammer that stays in their right pocket but we never see removed, which it's also possible that they switch between these two hammers off-camera where they hammer used on the first door may not be the hammer used at the end of the video...along with that I'm not sure that the video with the door opening at the very end is necessarily the same door we see the perp at with the other camera just prior in the substantially edited footage provided by LE.

I don't get why nobody's talking about the radio interview, did nothing new come of it?

I feel like I'm falling behind with this case....

Tricia's interview with Mr. Brooks? Or a different interview??

One of the reasons I doubt this is a woman is because the murder was a well thought out plan (I believe she was targeted). Statistically, men account for a huge majority of known murderers. If a women were to kill like this, it would probably be spontaneous crime of passion.

And then there's the strength it would have taken. You'd have to be a fit, strong woman to get the jump on MB. And yet the figure looks doughy, not buff.

Maybe the perp stuffed the belly with a clean set of clothes to a) disguise his physique; and b) to change into before leaving. He may even have had a napsack underneath his chest protector to hold the tools.

Could the helmet be some kind of climber's helmet? Let's say this guy is into rockhounding; he may wear a helmet for climbing. It's definitely a different shape...

One of the reasons I doubt this is a woman is because the murder was a well thought out plan (I believe she was targeted). Statistically, men account for a huge majority of known murderers. If a women were to kill like this, it would probably be spontaneous crime of passion.

And then there's the strength it would have taken. You'd have to be a fit, strong woman to get the jump on MB. And yet the figure looks doughy, not buff.

Maybe the perp stuffed the belly with a clean set of clothes to a) disguise his physique; and b) to change into before leaving. He may even have had a napsack underneath his chest protector to hold the tools.

I agree; I also don't think this is a woman b/c of the various tools and gear he brought with him. I hate stereotyping, b/c of course there will be people who are the exception, but statistically speaking, women aren't 'the type to be really into all of this kind of gear. Again, I am sure many of you will know women who ARE like this, but in my experience, men are more likely to take up hobbies where a bunch of tools and gear are needed. If a woman takes up a hobby, she's more likely to get the bare necessities, or to use one tool for multi purposes, etc. Men seem to have a thing for tools and gear -- even if they wind up never using half of the stuff!! This guy had a crowbar, what looks like a rock hammers, another thing that looks like a ball peen hammer, some type of front pack with holsters on it for carrying the gear, a helmet with a light, etc.

I don't really know what to make of the face equipment. If you watch the video you'll see that the headlamp used is coming from underneath the visor of the helmet looking somewhat recessed, so I don't know if the headlamp is built into the helmet or as part of the eyewear and in either case where such equipment would come from. I've found something that you could be attached to a hat underneath the visor, but it's not the same thing as the perp used a single bright light rather than rows of lights. The closest thing I've been able to find is a motorcycle helmet with a built-in 'map light,' but the problems with this type of helmet is that it looks like the wrong shape and the light is off-center rather than in the middle:
http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motorcycle-helmet/akuma-helmet/akuma-ghost-rider-led.jpg

I didn't know that there was a headlamp coming from the perp's forehead area - good catch. Have you ever seen those beanies/knit-caps with a built-in LED light on the forehead? You turn it on or off with a simple squeeze. It could even have been a full face cloth with a built-in LED light on the forehead.

Well said. And the perp is probably happy as can be that people are really divided about the gender.

I didn't know that there was a headlamp coming from the perp's forehead area - good catch. Have you ever seen those beanies/knit-caps with a built-in LED light on the forehead? You turn it on or off with a simple squeeze. It could even have been a full face cloth with a built-in LED light on the forehead.

You know what? This perp shops on the internet a lot I'm thinking. My husband purchased beanies/knit-caps with built-in blue tooth speakers from a website called Geek. The stuff all comes from China. That's a great place to get some unique items. Also where he could have purchased the POLICE patch that he stuck on his chest protector/vest and the beanie with the built-in LED light at the forehead.

Wasn't there talk of some kind of rock tool or geology tool or something?! So far, Google hasn't brought up what I'm seeing.

What I see is a hammer-like tool with the wing shape at the top (it dips down) with both sides having a claw. One side is longer like a typical hammer but not as thin--thicker at the top? The other side looks like a shorter, "stubbier" part that also dips down like a claw somewhat. It doesn't look like the typical hammer end that is rounded, but maybe pointier??

I have NO idea if this is any help at all. Every search I've done has resulted in nothing comparable. My eyes may be playing tricks on me.

Google rock climbing tools.

https://www.google.com/search?q=roc...ved=0ahUKEwitp7LLnbTMAhUX6WMKHatuD48Q_AUIBygC

attachment.php

I'm leaning more towards stolen ('borrowed'?) and real gear. In some of the video it can appear at times that he even has a headlamp attached. I figure if he has access to the gear at all (without purchasing it), he has access to ALL the gear. The complete outfit.

I agree that he didn't look entirely comfortable in the gear...that he wasn't someone who was accustomed to wearing it. Agree, too, that he had several tools attached to it (that, and some of the screenshots, make me think it could be real gear).

I am undecided on if the boots were too large, though if borrowed and part of someone else's SWAT uniform they might be, at least slightly. I think this is a guy, and at 5'7" to 5'9" range that makes him shorter than average, with likely smaller than average feet. In the clip at the end (after coming out of room 12) where he is standing still, his feet and boots do not look excessively large or floppy to me, and I'm inclined to believe a still shot over a moving freeze frame, which can be blurry. In any case, if I were going to commit a murder, and anticipated running or struggling on my feet, I'd make sure I could at least manage to do that in my chosen footgear.

How about self defense training gear for the entire outfit?

Can someone confirm something for me? Is this timeline correct? Students arrived at 4:35 but the 911 call wasnt until 5:00?

Is that true? If so...WHY? If it was me, Id be scared out of my witts that I was the next victim and call right away I think?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member