TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have missed it, prior to today. I only jut read that LE has video of MB arriving from video taken from buisness across the street. Please someone confirm if this is correct or not? If so, wouldn't they also have video of the suspect arriving.

I could be wrong, so hopefully someone will correct me if I am. But, I believe the surveillance video is from a gun shop down the street and it does show Missy's car arriving, but I don't think LE has any shots of the suspects car (unless they haven't publicized it). But, we do know that the suspect drove there, I believe, as in one of the surveillance images from inside the church you can see a very grainy/unclear shot of a car parked outside through the church window as the perp is walking around.

Arlington is a "big city" PD, prob has more experience with homicide and a greater amount of resources, and close in physical distance to Midlothian. I don't find it that odd that they are helping. MOO. Can you explain why you find this to be weird?

...or someone on LE's radar has a connection to Arlington.

I have been thinking about that a lot - if this was someone Missy knew, or someone that knew Missy's routine well, why pick that exact time? It would provide a very short window for the killer to escape, among other things.

This takes me back to my theory that the killer is a jealous wife. Missy's classes were said to be co-ed. I believe that there is a wife of one of the men who attend her camps who believes that Missy and the woman's husband are having an affair. Whether or not they actually were, who knows, but that is what the suspect in my theory here believes. She doesn't like the fact that her husband wakes up early each morning and goes to work out with Missy. Maybe they also attend the same gym together, who knows. Regardless, this woman is not happy and believes there is more going on. So, she snaps.

She knows that her husband will be arriving that morning for the camp, as will others who may have witnessed what the wife considers to be inappropriate behavior between her husband and Missy, even if nothing is really going on (that is her perception). So, she chooses this time frame. It's risky, but she knows that her husband (and other campers) will see Missy dead and that is what she wants - to hurt or psychologically damage her husband. The only way she could do that is by ensuring that he showed up to what she thinks is his mistress being found dead.
Very good point. It IMO has to be something major. An affair(or perceived one). Or what I have thought is a young girl who miscarried or had a stillborn child and somehow blamed Missy. Revenge. Deep hatred. I am leaning away from former camper just "mad" about how they were treated. I know people kill for simple reasons at times. But this seems to me a case with some major major deep resentment IMO.

At 5 ? If the class was to be held at 5 , then I would think more than 2 campers would have shown up by then. Maybe some were not coming in due to the rain that morning. But it also explains why perp is milling around waiting so long. That is cutting it really close. Maybe Missy was even running a few minutes ' late' that morning herself or later than normal. Maybe during those 30 minutes, on a normal day with good weather, Missy would have already been there and setting up and perp knew this. Perp's gotta be a camper , ex camper , spouse of a camper IMHO.
Well, let me change that last bit. I guess anyone who knew her schedule closely could be a perp, especially since she posted regularly about the time she would be doing things. Definitely someone in her trusted group of ' friends'.
Actually, in a fb post from Missy in March, she said she had two members who regularly show up for workout at 4:30, and who leave 30 minutes earlier than the rest. To me, that accounts for Missy arriving so early, at 4:15 a.m. Missy posted a pic of herself and of the two women who show up for class at 4:30 a.m., but it has been removed. On that post, Missy invited people to show by 4:30 to join her early birds. The regular schedule may have been for 5 a.m., but at least a month before, two members were regularly showing up for a 4:30 a.m. early start on class.

My sticking point with the jealous spouse is that they would have to explain their getting up and leaving the house at that time. If I suddenly packed up and left the house at 3 something AM my spouse would want to know why. So either this was normal for the perp, they are single, or their spouse was not home to witness them leaving.

Very good point. It IMO has to be something major. An affair(or perceived one). Or what I have thought is a young girl who miscarried or had a stillborn child and somehow blamed Missy. Revenge. Deep hatred. I am leaning away from former camper just "mad" about how they were treated. I know people kill for simple reasons at times. But this seems to me a case with some major major deep resentment IMO.

I think the miscarried/stillborn child theory is another good one. That may fit well with the fact that the suspect appears to be overweight (some have even speculated pregnancy). Maybe she just lost a baby.

I agree with you that this was a deep hatred, especially the manner in which she was killed. This was an attack that was pre-planned. A lot of thought, effort, and planning went into this. This wasn't a person who woke up, decided "today I am going to rob a church", happened to stumble upon Missy, and murders her.

My sticking point with the jealous spouse is that they would have to explain their getting up and leaving the house at that time. If I suddenly packed up and left the house at 3 something AM my spouse would want to know why. So either this was normal for the perp, they are single, or their spouse was not home to witness them leaving.

I have insomnia a lot and have been known to head off to Wal Mart to do grocery shopping at 3 or 4 am. None of my 3 kids or hubby have ever woken up and noticed I was gone lol.

Maybe everything was packed and ready to go. Jmho

The jealous spouse theory is what I am strongly leaning towards. But, as for leaving in the morning (at such an odd hour) there are a few possibilities..

1) Maybe the suspect works nights (and therefore is already out of the house). Went to work, left early. Or, didn't show up at all. Spouse would have no idea, and thinks his wife is at work the entire time.

2) The spouse may work nights and get off work and go straight to Missy's camp in the mornings before heading home. My husband occasionally works nights, and usually hits the gym before coming home in the mornings, so it isn't that unheard of for me. In this scenario, he wouldn't be home to know that his wife left at 3AM to head to the church.

There could be more scenarios, but these are the two that I am working off of right now.

ITA nowhere is a fourth child mentioned or pictured so when he said "all four of my kids," like everyone else I was surprised. My hinky meter went up the first time I heard BB speak. I would have expected him to be enraged and say he would hunt the killer down like a dog, etc. Nothing. Yet everyone handles grief differently, I guess! JMO

There were several things like that in the first presser. Didn't know her exact age. Said she texts him every day for 10 months to tell him she loves him. That the perp is 6 feet tall. That she wasn't targeted. That he doesn't want to "sensationalize" this (most want media attention in order to catch the murderer, but he is concerned with too much media). Spends quite a bit explaining that he was out of town. Shows no emotion. Talks about Missy's body, fitness, etc., but not as a good mother and wife (other than a mention of the fact that she WAS one- no details). Mentions the odd gait as if he has never seen anything like it when there are now two videos (after the "dog blood" situation) showing his parent with the same gait.
But I blew it off. Thinking "everybody grieves different" but then this stood out to me suddenly.
HE SAID THE JACKET OF THE PERP LOOKED VELOUR. He obsfucated as many details as possible.
the detail in the video just isn't clear enough to see that.
The bloody shirt is really bothersome. Because if it had blood on it and an attempt was made to launder it (as stated by someone, I think LE) - what is to say the animal blood wasn't added after the fact in an attempt to cover up human blood. A search warrant was obtained to rule this out.

The gait in the press conference outside the police station (to explain bloody blouse) made my hair stand on end- because the walk into and out of that presser has a very very distinct walk, including the arm swing and feet out waddle. BB inherited a bit of this gait, and I'd noticed some similarity there but not so much that I could overcome my reticence to cast a sceptical eye toward a grieving family member. But when I saw his father walk, it just seemed too obvious.
His mother's quick forgiveness when Missy's family has been radio silent also speaks volumes.

i looked at it on Monday and it was not there. He must of put it back because someone said something to him about it.

The mistake I made was not rechecking it last night. I saw it and it upset me. I was not trying to start rumors. I am new and hardly ever post because I am so afraid of saying the wrong thing. Guess I will go back to just reading.

Sorry, just was going by your post. Just ask Mods to fix if for ya. Had to do many times myself. Tricia has given us some leeway to discuss and speculate on others social media , and I dont want us to loose that ability. Please continue to join in and contribute.

Thanks. Ok, i remember that, but somthing i read earlier on this thread referenced across the street and i thought it was new info. So depending on what direction the suspect came from, it is possible LE has video of suspect's vehicle.
I tend to believe they have established a motive and possibly a POI by now, but are probably not releasing that info in hopes of the suspect tripping themselves up and being able to pu their hands on some hard evidence. Unless they have somthing physical they are not releasing, that ties a suspect to the crime, short of a confession, and considering the absence of any identifiers on the video, they could not get a conviction even if they knew for sure who did it. I live in Houston and I have a few close friends who are in LE here and some of the surrounding areas, and it often suprises me how they go about investigating things. For instance, if LE has a good lead and even solid motive, but think for some reason this person may have stashed the clothing or other crime related items somwhere other than where LE knows the suspect to be. They may follow suspect for days, or weeks, in hopes of them leading LE to evidence they can actually build a case around. I won't go into detail, but I was told first hand by somene i know in LE that they were following a suspect for weeks for similar reasons related to a narcotics investigation. Somthing they didn't think much of at the time was a place he stopped every few days to eat

I could be wrong, so hopefully someone will correct me if I am. But, I believe the surveillance video is from a gun shop down the street and it does show Missy's car arriving, but I don't think LE has any shots of the suspects car (unless they haven't publicized it). But, we do know that the suspect drove there, I believe, as in one of the surveillance images from inside the church you can see a very grainy/unclear shot of a car parked outside through the church window as the perp is walking around.

Can you link to the grainy/unclear shot of the car parked outside the church window?

I get what you're saying, Snow. Like many others, I've pored through Facebook accounts of relatives on both sides, compared and scrutinized comments made in press conferences and have a lot questions and observations, but it seems to work out better to just get my husband's feedback (even though he's only moderately interested, lol) rather than ask or comment here. I agree wholeheartedly with the site's rules and vigilance protecting innocent citizens and I wouldn't even read these boards if it were a free-for-all and innocent people could be dragged through the mud. I also sympathize with the rule-makers and the moderators because it's a real challenge to manage these discussions when the stakes are so high and the policies can't be one-size-fits-all.

I'd love to have input, feedback, or even get set straight by comparing notes with others on this board, but out of respect for the fuzzy (understandably so) guidelines, I'm holding back for now. It's even hard to comment on Gaitgate (and we've been given the go-ahead, haven't we?) without breaking other rules.

. . .
Locally, our theories have flipped over and over. HOWEVER, one thing has NEVER changed: the manner in which Missy died. We heard from the beginning that she was shot once, then bludgeoned with a screwdriver & hammer. I'm connected to many different circles and I've yet to hear another version. LE & MSM confirmed that several tools were found at the scene; for this reason I believe more and more the first story was the correct one.

If this manner of death holds true, it sickens me to think what kind of deranged killer is out there. Who mutilates a young mother of 3 so callously? He/she could have killed her at any point from her rural home to the time she stepped out of her truck at the church. Instead he/she took a calculated approach to perform on camera and then knowingly murdered Missy out of camera sight. In my opinion, this is the worst kind of human being and we have to find them. They will be caught.
. . .
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully SBM. I have followed cases for more than 15 years now. Usually if someone is overkilled ( one method could have killed but murderer kept attacking) and damage to identity (face heavily damaged or other distinguishing aspects attacked) the murderer is known to them.

Usually, not always but usually, when identifying areas are attacked, it's personal. Anger makes the killer want to remove the victim and that includes their identity.
If it's a stranger, for example if Missy truly just interrupted a burglary, the perp's motivation is to stop the witness so killing them once suffices.

One fact has always stuck with me: even though the police arrived within minutes of Missy's attack there was no attempt to revive her. There was nothing they could do and she was obviously passed.

And before people bring up the initial report of her being unresponsive, the 911 operators said the same thing about Prince, even though the person calling in told them he was dead, not just unresponsive. This appears to be a standard for 911 operators.

For instance, if LE has a good lead and even solid motive, but think for some reason this person may have stashed the clothing or other crime related items somwhere other than where LE knows the suspect to be. They may follow suspect for days, or weeks, in hopes of them leading LE to evidence they can actually build a case around. I won't go into detail, but I was told first hand by somene i know in LE that they were following a suspect for weeks for similar reasons related to a narcotics investigation. Somthing they didn't think much of at the time was a place he stopped every few days to eat
if they specifically mentioned clothing in an interview/interrogation, it might explain a panic move like taking clothing to a dry cleaner. defendants often use the "if i was the murderer, why would i do something that stupid and obvious?" defense.

also, someone mentioned other law enforcement involvement: other law enforcement (like Arlington) may be involved because of checking into rental cars and similar evidence.

There are so many here that have looked through mainstream media social media that i haven't seen- has anyone seen or read any statement by Missy's family?

Can you link to the grainy/unclear shot of the car parked outside the church window?

There was a discussion about it in one of yesterday's posts. I'm not sure if it is in a video that LE hasn't released, or if it is in the one that they have released. Let me rewatch and see if I can find it.

There are so many here that have looked through mainstream media social media that i haven't seen- has anyone seen or read any statement by Missy's family?

Not a written statement, just the interview that her husband gave (the 20 minute or so Fox interview).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie