OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would she be convicted if her ex husband was the one growing, there's nothing specifically tying DR to the operation imo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
If it is where she is living and she knows, it is in her lap.

Why would she be convicted if her ex husband was the one growing, there's nothing specifically tying DR to the operation imo.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
We have said, it doesn't seem the grow op was at Dana's, that is what started all this questioning you have been doing. I said I believe a grow op at her house would be a huge risk for her.

A grow op where you live that you know about, you are involved legally. It seems the grow ops were likely at the other three locations.

Yes, I just read the qualifications and she did have to take a test to be certified by the state. They also have to be drug tested and pass a psychological exam.

That's not true. I obtained my CNA in high school. No drug test was done. For most, the background check at that point is unremarkable. The only job I've had to take a drug test for and a background check in my country life is working at the hospital. I worked as a home health aide for years and my background was never checked, I never took a drug test. I had my CNA before I graduated high school. There was just the certification exam at the end of my classes and my recertification test years following, which never required a background test to re certify to do my CEC's. This is not a highly thought of certification. It's easy to obtain, easy to keep, and easy to get a job. Out in these parts it's common for the woman to obtain this while they go through HS.

ETA: let's also remember, DR could have obtained this certification 20 years ago when things were way different. JMO.

This article indicates that Kenneth was shot last....not sure how true that is, but it's the first time I had seen that. I know he was FOUND last. I have had suspicious feelings about Donald ever since the 911 call he made. He just seemed too calm. Then learning that he took so long to check on Kenneth, considering he was suppose to spend the night and be there to help him with cars early that morning sent my hunky meter up. Why wasn't he there as planned? I wonder if he had an alibi of where he was that day before he found the body. He seems to be close to Kenneth, so wouldn't you think he would have gone to Kenneth's as soon as he heard about the other murders? Why hours later? And now he mentions the cameras, so he is one who knew about them and the need to remove them. Do we know how closely Kenneth associated with the other Rhodens who were killed? I wonder if they hung with each other and were close. One person dead miles away from the others tends to give me suspicions of that person. I wonder if any guns were missing from his trailer. Kenneth could have been a double crossed perp. Why was he painted as "paranoid"? What was making him so paranoid? Had he been threatened or been feuding with someone? I wish we knew more about Kenneth and Donald and what their relationship with the others were like.

Mr Rhoden, a divorced father of two, was the last to be gunned down last Friday and lived off Long Fork Road, Piketown, about three miles from where the seven other murders took places in a cluster of homes on Union Hill Road.

This article indicates that Kenneth was shot last....not sure how true that is, but it's the first time I had seen that. I know he was FOUND last. I have had suspicious feelings about Donald ever since the 911 call he made. He just seemed too calm. Then learning that he took so long to check on Kenneth, considering he was suppose to spend the night and be there to help him with cars early that morning sent my hunky meter up. Why wasn't he there as planned? I wonder if he had an alibi of where he was that day before he found the body. He seems to be close to Kenneth, so wouldn't you think he would have gone to Kenneth's as soon as he heard about the other murders? Why hours later? And now he mentions the cameras, so he is one who knew about them and the need to remove them. Do we know how closely Kenneth associated with the other Rhodens who were killed? I wonder if they hung with each other and were close. One person dead miles away from the others tends to give me suspicions of that person. I wonder if any guns were missing from his trailer. Kenneth could have been a double crossed perp. Why was he painted as "paranoid"? What was making him so paranoid? Had he been threatened or been feuding with someone? I wish we knew more about Kenneth and Donald and what their relationship with the others were like.

Mr Rhoden, a divorced father of two, was the last to be gunned down last Friday and lived off Long Fork Road, Piketown, about three miles from where the seven other murders took places in a cluster of homes on Union Hill Road.

CRsr being shot last could explain why he looked beat up, perhaps he heard all of the other shots and was up ready to take it on, it may have woken him from a dead sleep though and he wasn't as fast as he needed to be.

I'm curious about DS and KR. too. He certainly appeared to be more paranoid than the others, and DS probably knows WHY KR was so paranoid. Who was KR expecting? JMO....................could that be why DS did not show up at KR's in the am to work on cars?

I'm sure almost everyone in that community knew she moved in that house and when she was getting ready to move in.

When I moved to the country and people called me while unpacking, they got my name and phone number from such and such at the pharmacy while they were eating lunch at the Double Q restaurant, as I had transfered records. Took that info getting to one, before the day was out I had calls welcoming me, I had calls asking me if I knew other people in parts of my large city, I had people stopping and bringing food over.

Didn't know a single one of them.
I know it's kind of nice, but that's also just a wee bit creepy lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

CRsr being shot last could explain why he looked beat up, perhaps he heard all of the other shots and was up ready to take it on, it may have woken him from a dead sleep though and he wasn't as fast as he needed to be.

No, the article stated that Kenneth was the last to be shot.....not Chris. The "Mr. Rhoden" it speaks of is Kenneth. I just found it interesting that they stated that, even tho I don't know where they got that information. Of course the killer would know what order they were killed in. Did the killer let that tidbit slip out? Seems they have been talking to a certain family member a lot.....a family member who knew about the security cameras. Just an observation.....

LOL would've freaked ME out, but sounds like KK just takes it in stride....ha ha!

It's hard to explain.. It isn't creepy but hard to get used to, but irritating. You can not do anything, good or bad without everyone knowing. If you are late paying a bill that month, everyone knows. Good thing.. You can set up a charge account at the pharmacy or gas station by giving your name or address only, they don't care about your credit lol.

Well also the chaining makes a difference and you could see by the worn area, they had long chains.

That's one thing many don't realize, when people in the county or a farm have a working animal, it is for a purpose. If someone has cows or sheep and they have a herding dog, they have it for a reason and it is to do its job. I've seen shows where people have a purebred dog and have behavior issues and get an expert. The expert will tell them the animal isn't doing the thing it needs to do.

If you have a herder dog in the city, you are going to have to work hard to find activities to satisfy that dog or they will act out and be unhappy.

Throw a herding dog out in the field with a bunch of cows and they couldn't be happier.

Ahh, the worn areas...is that what the cement-colored looking circles are on the ground? I haven't been able to figure out what those were.

LOL would've freaked ME out, but sounds like KK just takes it in stride....ha ha!
But if my car broke down or the AC stopped working, 15 people would have been there to fix it for the cost of a cup of coffee and a snack lol

I doubt anyone had a safe more like money in paint cans buried in the yard or hidden next to paint cans in a garage, barn ETC. That how country folk do it from what I have seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious about DS and KR. too. He certainly appeared to be more paranoid than the others, and DS probably knows WHY KR was so paranoid. Who was KR expecting? JMO....................could that be why DS did not show up at KR's in the am to work on cars?

Yes he did! Nothing has been said about the others being paranoid. Add to this, the fact that DS said he would padlock his trailer when he left. So, the regular trailer lock was enough while he slept....I guess he figured he would be there to protect whatever he was trying to protect. But, when he left his trailer he padlocked it. What was in that trailer that he was trying to protect from theft? Drugs? Pills? Heroin? Marijuana was found, but it doesn't mean it was all they were selling. And, just like the cameras being removed, drugs could have also been removed.

Ahh, the worn areas...is that what the cement-colored looking circles are on the ground? I haven't been able to figure out what those were.
Yes and could actually be cement. Usually you will see a worn area but they could have set up pads.

Whoa... Kenneth, 44, was the older brother and Chris Sr, 40, inherited all of Grandpop Clarence's land??? Interesting.
No.. A sister had some at one point and transferred to their name. I think it was technically a sale, but it was very little money if any.

What if the person(s) was (were) looking for enough money to flee the area and establish a new life somewhere out of reach? What if that person had attempted blackmail first, but it didn't work. Suppose the blackmailer's message was delivered to and through Dana sometime towards the end of January. Subsequent threats are made and Dana moves back to the family compound. The killer(s) have a short window of time to get out of the area before they lose that possibility. Why the Rhoden family if everyone was growing? Because the perp(s) knew about the indoor operation and that big money was kept on site. Supposing the killer(s) were paranoid and fearless, they wouldn't take the chance that someone who could possibly know about the extortion would live to talk. If that was the case, and the killer(s) got the money, they would either be gone - or bidding their time to eliminate suspicion.

I know a man who was hiding money in his garage from his wife, forget what kind of cans the money was in might have been old paint cans, so one day he took the money to a friends house (who was also friends with his wife) friends didn't want the money around 50,000.00 at their house so they took it back to his wife. Wife had no idea about the money. Didn't go over too well. He was a success builder money was legal I might add. I remember his wife telling me about it she was livid. Crazy stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes he did! Nothing has been said about the others being paranoid. Add to this, the fact that DS said he would padlock his trailer when he left. So, the regular trailer lock was enough while he slept....I guess he figured he would be there to protect whatever he was trying to protect. But, when he left his trailer he padlocked it. What was in that trailer that he was trying to protect from theft? Drugs? Pills? Heroin? Marijuana was found, but it doesn't mean it was all they were selling. And, just like the cameras being removed, drugs could have also been removed.

And this weird story about the $$$ strewn that LE will not confirm.....but why would DS say such an outlandish thing if it was so obviously an embellishment to his story ????JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucius79