TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a local and the weather had cleared that morning By 6 am. That day was nice there wouldn't have been any issue here either. I posted the same historical weather link for our area last night in this thread [emoji4]

I'm local too (not to Midlo but to the area) and my point was really about the weather in Biloxi not having anything to do with what the weather in DFW was. But besides that we all have to remember--we did hear that BB was phoned from the scene by one of the campers so we don't know the exact time that he found out that Missy was hurt/in an "accident".

So this kinda shows that it's plausible that BB didn't fly because:

-He didn't realize the weather in DFW had cleared up. This was the reason why he left a day later than planned for his fishing trip so that would make sense.
-Maybe at the time he found out about Missy being hurt/in an "accident", the weather hadn't cleared up. (In other words, it was before 6:00am as the information you provided states.)
-Maybe he just high-tailed it out of there because he was in the car. Gut reaction kinda thing instead of trying to figure out flights. I'm not sure where he was when he left the area but do we know for sure he wasn't far from an airport when he got the call and this is why he just drove?

I hear ya on what you are saying though....it's not that I'm disagreeing with you. :) I'm just saying that some of these things are a little "muddy" in terms of what information we have and some things may be easily explained.

also, the search warrant states that this is a narcotics/drug investigation.
i have seen search warrants prepared inaccurately, however- with a cut-n-paste issue- where the previous search warrant's information would be included.

but it is odd nonetheless that it says this is a drug investigation.

IMO I would not be one bit surprised if BB had a certain amount of jealousy and suspicion regarding MB. Sometimes, and this is purely speculation in this case, when a spouse starts working on themselves the other spouse begins to wonder if they are having an affair. The spouse could start to imagine things each time the partner would be a little late, etc. MB spent a lot of time working. You can see that from her FB postings. She did CG, Thrive and at one time an online designer jeans distributor. I wonder if the text messages she had been sending for 10 months were nothing more then her way of trying to convince BB of her love for him, regardless of her spending a lot of time working. Maybe his health problems were sort-of his way of getting her attention??? Some people have no trouble with a spouse working a lot but others take it personally. Here he was taking a guys only fishing trip to rest and relax. If anyone deserved a vacation away from family and stress,from what I see, it was her. JMO

I'm local too (not to Midlo but to the area) and my point was really about the weather in Biloxi not having anything to do with what the weather in DFW was. But besides that we all have to remember--we did hear that BB was phoned from the scene by one of the campers so we don't know the exact time that he found out that Missy was hurt/in an "accident".

So this kinda shows that it's plausible that BB didn't fly because:

-He didn't realize the weather in DFW had cleared up. This was the reason why he left a day later than planned for his fishing trip so that would make sense.
-Maybe at the time he found out about Missy being hurt/in an "accident", the weather hadn't cleared up. (In other words, it was before 6:00am as the information you provided states.)
-Maybe he just high-tailed it out of there because he was in the car. Gut reaction kinda thing instead of trying to figure out flights. I'm not sure where he was when he left the area but do we know for sure he wasn't far from an airport when he got the call and this is why he just drove?

I hear ya on what you are saying though....it's not that I'm disagreeing with you. :) I'm just saying that some of these things are a little "muddy" in terms of what information we have and some things may be easily explained.

Yes I see your point and am slowly backing away from BB. I do not believe it was anything other than a series of unfortunate events and odd timing. I will be praying for all those involved.

Me, I'm finished with the bloody shirt trail. The father-in-law and his wife were in Oceanside, CA at the time of the murder. They don't even live in Texas and travelled there after the murder and were staying at his daughter's house when the dogs got into a fight.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...-to-Dry-Cleaner-Search-Warrant-377343901.html
that's true- but it didn't stop LE from obtaining a search warrant to get the shirt tested.
because its possible to travel from california to texas and claim to be in california.
until LE verifies the alibi or testing from the shirt, it's an open question.

Yes I see your point and am slowly backing away from BB. I do not believe it was anything other than a series of unfortunate events and odd timing. I will be praying for all those involved.

I am starting to back away for this reason. IMO he for whatever reason, does not show "typical signs" of grieving spouse. That said, that doesn't make him a murderer or a hirerer of one either. We don't know marriage dynamics.

I am starting to back away for this reason. IMO he for whatever reason, does not show "typical signs" ot grieving spouse. That said, that doesn't make him a murderer or a hirer of one either. We don't know marriage dynamics.

Correct and we all grieve differently.

It was closed casket for Missy's funeral.

As for BB, it's my understanding locally that he was up early to go golfing that morning. I'll try to get confirmation to find out who all returned with him, but I believe one of those friends came back.

BB was up early to go golfing the morning of Missy's funeral or the morning he was called with regards to Missy being murdered? And I thought he had health issues? I guess golf is a low impact sport, right?

Again, just wanting to rule BB out 100% which will happen once LE states for a fact that he was definitely in Mississippi when Missy was murdered.

BB stated in the second to last presser I believe that he drove back from the trip Ina rental car and that it had Mississippi plates which I do not get. WHY drive, why not fly? That really bothers me and I personally can not imagine driving back for 8.5 hours. I know that even if every flight was booked the airline would have bumped a passenger to get him home immediately.

jmo

This isn't neccesarily true in my experience. I know someone who drove 13 hours from where we live to where her son was killed in a motorcycle accident. It was faster than flying when they took into account when they could get a flight (the soonest ones were full), how long they had to drive to actually get to the airport and how early they had to get there for security reasons. Plus the time from the airport to the base (their son was military.). They also stood the risk of weather delays and as bad as the weather was during that time, that was a very real possibility. (By that time, I'm referring to this case.)

There was no way the airlines were going to bump someone and the emergency, last minutes flights were not that cheap, even though they usually have a discount. Not that money is the most important thing at all, but combining all of the above issues and variables, driving was the quickest was to get there.

ETA: I'm sorry. I see a lot of this was addressed above. I'm slow having posts pop up and responding!

Correct and we all grieve differently.

I would hate to be this guy, if I could tell him anything it would be to just shut up and forget trying to corral social media, the more you stir this the more it stinks.. and always have a pocket lawyer handy lol

that's true- but it didn't stop LE from obtaining a search warrant to get the shirt tested.
because its possible to travel from california to texas and claim to be in california.
until LE verifies the alibi or testing from the shirt, it's an open question.

I would have thought that LE would have confirmed RBs physical location in order to publicly clear him. Same with BB. At this time, I have not heard it officially stated that both were where they stated they were at the time of Missy's murder. I'm sure they will clear them next week and focus on the real perp. So much speculation until then.

It was closed casket for Missy's funeral.

As for BB, it's my understanding locally that he was up early to go golfing that morning. I'll try to get confirmation to find out who all returned with him, but I believe one of those friends came back.

He was up to play golf in Mississippi when he received the call regarding Missy? Just wanted to clarify that he wasn't up early to play golf the morning of her funeral.

This isn't neccesarily true in my experience. I know someone who drove 13 hours from where we live to where her son was killed in a motorcycle accident. It was faster than flying when they took into account when they could get a flight (the soonest ones were full), how long they had to drive to actually get to the airport and how early they had to get there for security reasons. Plus the time from the airport to the base (their son was military.). They also stood the risk of weather delays and as bad as the weather was during that time, that was a very real possibility. (By that time, I'm referring to this case.)

There was no way the airlines were going to bump someone and the emergency, last minutes flights were not that cheap, even though they usually have a discount. Not that money is the most important thing at all, but combining all of the above issues and variables, driving was the quickest was to get there.

Yes I retract my statement and apologize for jumping on the BB bandwagon

Since it's public knowledge from the latest press conference can I give my opinion on the statements? Here goes:

At first I was genuinely thinking:

Well BB is working closely with LE and even feels comfortable with this "wide net" of suspects that has been cast that includes him and he even says he doesn't mind that he is a suspect if it helps catch the killer bc they slip up and think LE isn't onto them. Thinking he's an innocent husband who just does not have a career in public speaking.

Then I thought if LE does in fact suspect him, they just did a brilliant job of feeding him the best pitch I've heard in ages and he bought it. He would have been cleared by now. His alibi should have been verified by airline tickets, hotel and restaurant receipts, friends, SM postings as well as character witnesses who would know that he and MB were not having any problems, life insurance policies, bank transactions etc. Why hasn't he been cleared publicly?

IMHO.

I'm sorry for adding on to it! I saw other posts and your responses after I posted. New posts sometimes are slow to show up for me and I'm slow at typing responses.

And, now I messed up quoting. UGH! This was for Glammie. (I hope I spelled the name right; I'm scared to go back and look.)

IMO I would not be one bit surprised if BB had a certain amount of jealousy and suspicion regarding MB. Sometimes, and this is purely speculation in this case, when a spouse starts working on themselves the other spouse begins to wonder if they are having an affair. The spouse could start to imagine things each time the partner would be a little late, etc. MB spent a lot of time working. You can see that from her FB postings. She did CG, Thrive and at one time an online designer jeans distributor. I wonder if the text messages she had been sending for 10 months were nothing more then her way of trying to convince BB of her love for him, regardless of her spending a lot of time working. Maybe his health problems were sort-of his way of getting her attention??? Some people have no trouble with a spouse working a lot but others take it personally. Here he was taking a guys only fishing trip to rest and relax. If anyone deserved a vacation away from family and stress,from what I see, it was her. JMO

I can see this too, but that may only explain his emotional state. Probably not a motive to kill anyone? Glad you're still posting!

I find a lot of these comments about "BB said this -- which is a red flag to me" or "BB did that -- which is a red flag to me" represent no sleuthing whatsoever. Some people seem to start from an assumption that he's guilty, and then basically anything he says or does is and has been seen as evidence of guilt. He could say "I like coffee" and someone here would say that their hinky meter is going off. And the same thing if he said he liked tea.

I understand what you're saying and I definitely fall into that category but hunches based on comments and behavior shouldn't be completely dismissed. Obviously, a full case based on someone making suspicious comments or acting strange would be ridiculous but there can be clues in behavior that point in a certain direction. I was as open-minded as can be about this crime until one particular incident, a moment that I think moved a lot of people toward a certain direction. Since that happened, these other red flags started making some sense. And of course, I know I absolutely, easily could be w-r-o-n-g.

However, if it walks like it duck, it's probably a duck. Literally.

Since it's public knowledge from the latest press conference can I give my opinion on the statements? Here goes:

At first I was genuinely thinking:

Well BB is working closely with LE and even feels comfortable with this "wide net" of suspects that has been cast that includes him and he even says he doesn't mind that he is a suspect if it helps catch the killer bc they slip up and think LE isn't onto them. Thinking he's an innocent husband who just does not have a career in public speaking.

Then I thought of LE does in fact suspect him, they just did a brilliant job of feeding him the best pitch I've heard in ages and he bought it. He would have been cleared by now. His alibi should have been verified by airline tickets, hotel and restaurant receipts, friends, SM postings as well as character witnesses who would know that he and MB were not having any problems. Why hasn't he been cleared publicly?

IMHO.

And to add to this, if he really was in Mississippi at the time of MB's murder it still does not mean that he had nothing to do with it.

the cops are usually all over the spouse that is why IMO it is so foolish to chat up the press ! and not hire a lawyer ! I recall this case where a lady was killed in Texas, her 3 yr old son was home and said the monster with a mostashe did it. Hubby was at work, clocked in and had many witnesses to this fact, still they got him and he spent 25 years in the pen before someone found evidence the DA had supressed which was abandanna that had the real killer's DNA on it. Anyone remember who that guy was > He got out but lost 25 years of his life, raising his kid etc etc it was so sad and all too common, especially in Texas seems to happen there more often, maybe its just cause that is the state I grew up in, I dunno

I agree with you on the lawyer and chatting with the press. However, the only reason I even know that is because I lurked on WS for about 3 years before getting up the nerve to join and post. I've been here for a long time so I've learned from this forum what to do and what not to do when something happens. I was completely delusional before WS showed me what the real world looks like. My glass isn't so half full anymore.

(FTR, I've also learned that it's important to tell hubs that if I go missing, he is to post on WS first and then call LE. No excuses for doing it the other way around. I want WSers on my disappearance immediately. And also--I've learned it's important that someone know about my Google searches. :) The searches on Google for cases I follow would send LE, WSers, the media and crazy Nancy Grace into a full blown heart attack.)

My point is....BB doesn't have anyone on his side to give him this advice, IMO. I just really don't think he does. He is new to this and he is trying to be available for questions. IMO, he's just completely winging it. We can easily pick him apart for everything he does. I'm just not convinced yet that there is a reason to. Much like the case you brought up (the mustache sounds familiar but I can't think of the case, I'm sorry. I will look it up though!).

I see your points too though, Glammie! You definitely make me think. ;) I think I'm just not ready to give up on my strong belief that BB wasn't involved in this. I haven't seen enough information that points to him and so much can be easily explained IMO.

I'm praying for everyone involved too. I know we all just want Missy to get the justice she deserves regardless of who ends up being right about BB.

And to add to this, if he really was in Mississippi at the time of MB's murder it still does not mean that he had nothing to do with it.

Ding ding ding. Mark Sievers was in another state when Teresa was killed but was never cleared as a suspect. Allison Feldman's boyfriend was the last person to see her alive and was cleared right away even though her killer has never been caught.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member