OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see the rest of the incident reports, the warrants, know the pieces of evidence. I'm seriously the most impatient person ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh man I was in the area yesterday if I had been able to check in, I would have definitely went to the vigil.

I tend to think that money story is made up. And, $1000? Who would leave behind $1000 in such an impoverished area? And how would DS know it was $1000? That story of the money around his feet is hinky to me. IF it was there, then I think it was planted to point to some cartel/gang sending a message instead of someone closer to home.
I thought the same thing. $1,000 in $1.00 bills? That's an awful lot of dollar bills. It would cover a pretty big area, kwim? In thread 2 or 3 I compared it to several decks of playing cards scattered about. It's just too crazy.
If there WERE 1,000 single dollar bills, how did Mr.S know the exact denomination?
If he was right, what does the money signify?

And this weird story about the $$$ strewn that LE will not confirm.....but why would DS say such an outlandish thing if it was so obviously an embellishment to his story ????JMO

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Is there anyone local on the board? I'd like to ask a question in private (TOS)

I could give you personal life stories to backup every single thing your talking about. Instead I am going to just pick one.Family took care of family. If one member for whatever reason were down on their luck;family helped them out. Now,would they bad mouth them. Well, let's just say some things were said about,"certain individuals who made it a way of life" under their breath.

To close, the people from the Mississippi Delta have pride. Hard times scrapping by sure but never public assistance ever. To my knowledge my aunt who had cerebral palsy & lived with moma and papa. After they were gone collected Social Security Disability but never Welfare ever. Funerals everyone chipped in no questions and no handouts.

:cow:

That pretty much describes where I grew up in the rural Midwest. I think it describes a lot of rural America.

I thought the same thing. $1,000 in $1.00 bills? That's an awful lot of dollar bills. It would cover a pretty big area, kwim? In thread 2 or 3 I compared it to several decks of playing cards scattered about. It's just too crazy.
If there WERE 1,000 single dollar bills, how did Mr.S know the exact denomination?

And you'd think there would be DNA all over that money. I'm still not sold on it. Even if they had gloves during the incident, did they have gloves on every time they touched 1,000 $1.00 bills, I don't know.. Something is weird with that.

ETA: you'd also think that would have provided significantly more pieces of evidence. They initially sent 18 IIRC. This would have obviously been noticed and sent the day of?

If there was an active protection order in place, that could have something to do with it why it was dismissed so quickly. Depending on what is in the order. A lot of orders prohibit both parties from being at certain locations at certain times. Especially if both parties had protection orders against each other.

Just gonna go ahead and jump back in, here.

Just came across this quote:

Hmm. That certainly carries a different connotation than the assertion that this was a "sophisticated operation." Have they moved away from the cartel theory they were dancing around, and towards a more personal motive?

By sophistcated, I thought he meant planned (not in the heat of the moment) and that they did what they could to cover tracks. Dewine said "It was a sophisticated operation and those who carried it out were trying to do everything they could do to hinder the investigation and their prosecution."

Is a gunshot wound to the head obvious? I mean, I know there would be blood, but could you KNOW it was a gunshot versus being hit with a ball bat or something? Donald told the 911 operator that Kenneth had a gunshot in his head. Would he know? And would he know it was only one? I guess he could have assumed it was a gunshot since the rest of the family had been shot. Oh, and was Kenneth's door locked or did DS have a key to it? Do we know? Obviously the dog knew him, since he held it back for the police to enter.

Answering my own question.....just re-read the article and Donald says the door was unlocked.

Also, another thought that is totally random. They may be having difficulty obtaining phone records because it's possible they had Pay As You Go phones as the "unlimited everything" plans on those are typically around $50 per phone, far cheaper than a contract, and the phones are cheaper to buy too.. No fees to reconnect if you can't pay your monthly fee on time, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see what you were saying, as it relates to business and money. But these were not quiet little church mouse women. Two of the women in the story have had domestic violence arrests and been sentenced to anger management counseling. I still don't think this was about money. The family may have had a little bit of money, but nothing worth murdering eight people for. I think this was about pure rage and jealousy, related to love/sex. To me, that says WOMAN all over it.

It's interesting to note the domestic violence is against another woman. You would rarely find it against a man or a kid.

Is a gunshot wound to the head obvious? I mean, I know there would be blood, but could you KNOW it was a gunshot versus being hit with a ball bat or something? Donald told the 911 operator that Kenneth had a gunshot in his head. Would he know? And would he know it was only one? I guess he could have assumed it was a gunshot since the rest of the family had been shot. Oh, and was Kenneth's door locked or did DS have a key to it? Do we know? Obviously the dog knew him, since he held it back for the police to enter.

I think it would depend on the caliber, where exactly he was shot, forehead, back of the head, etc. Perhaps KR's place had forced entry? Or the door remained unlocked when the killer(s) left?

A single shot to the head will leave a small hole on the way in, with some blood in the area if they died quickly.
Assuming a shot in the face or forehead it would be obvious what happened. Somewhere with hair less obvious.

Maybe he did mention there was money in the house, but it wasn't taken. So not a robbery?

Thank you all for your stories about the coon dogs!! I had no idea!! Here, dogs tend to be the tiny fluffy variety that you put in your purse to go to Whole Foods. (I don't have one. We are cat people.) My Ohio family just has the kind of dogs that stay inside as pets, bulldogs and labs and such. I had no idea why a dog would be chained up. Makes sense to me now!! I'm learning so much!
Yes and you wouldn't chain Fifi up as she couldn't defend herself:). Coon dogs actually don't like being in the house. I have a sheltie and although not a typical work dog for our area - he is great. He's in the house at night, barks at strangers - but when we get up in the morning he has to get OUT. He's got stuff to check. Any rabbits in the yard that need to be chased off? Any chickens get out of the coop (or worse) ....gotta smell the whole six acres. He won't leave out property and is very territorial but with six acres, he's a pretty busy fellow :)

I find myself going to bed thinking about this case and waking up thinking about it and the one thought that keeps repeatedly coming up for me is this; the person(s) who did this - likely motivated by revenge and/or envy - are NOT devoid of ALL empathy and compassion. I know that seems crazy to say considering the fact that they killed eight people; however, they did not kill the children, so they have some moral code, as bizzarre as that may be. A "normal" person would ask how is it caring for/about a child to kill the child's parent? And with the child in the home when the parent is being killed? I wonder if this person or persons, for some reason, convinced themselves that these children were somehow better off without their parents? Perhaps the key to finding the killer(s) is not so much in looking at those they killed, but who they allowed to live; the children. There was a rationale for letting the kids live. IMO, The killer(s) will not be able to simply go on with business or life as usual. They will exhibit signs of emotionally distress. Those close to them will notice these changes and be tempted to write it off as nothing. I hope they don't. JMO .

A single shot to the head will leave a small hole on the way in, with some blood in the area if they died quickly.
Assuming a shot in the face or forehead it would be obvious what happened. Somewhere with hair less obvious.

In re-reading the article, DS says there was blood everywhere, but indicated LR was in bed with a single shot to the head. So, that makes me curious why there would be blood everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member