OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wouldn't be shocked if we find out the motive we will say, "really? Eight people killed over this?"

Unless it ends up being something to do with some LE that are actually corrupt.

Just throwing thoughts out there. There is nothing cohesive happening in my brain right now.
But what are the chances that Bobbi came over to feed the animals every day, knew where the spare key was, etc., and didn't know about the giant grow op? I'm not accusing her of being involved the murders at all, but I do wonder if her services for this family were restricted exclusively to feeding the animals, or if she was further involved in the family business.
If she was involved to any extent with the family business, would she have had reason to tamper with the crime scene?

I know a head wound produces a lot of blood, but if he was shot in bed, would the blood be "everywhere" or just around his body?
All over, especially because he was in a camper and the bed was up and in an enclosed space.

Yep, that really does happen and we still use a lot of the vets prescriptions. If you look it up many of the animal meds are the same as for humans, only a whole heck of lot cheaper. We can go to the feed store and pick up rabies vaccinations, and syringes so we can treat our dogs without a vet, again much cheaper. That is just how we roll out in the country. l
My country family has many lol. One day maybe I'll tell about many in the community actually getting medication for themselves when the vet came out to treat the farm animals. That old joke about the vet treating humans also is based on things that actually happens lol

I have ruled out family being involved over land, money whatever. Children alive who would inherit.

I have ruled out cartel.

What I haven't ruled out

No leaks from LE at all
Jeff Ruby withdrawing reward money
People other than MR Manley not talking about anything of substance. I think everyone is scared of some one/someone's.

Who???

Maybe LE!!!

Why???

Don't know the answer!!

Another question

Why has no one been arrested in the Jan killing of the mom and dau?

Jmo and thought for today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Retribution, whether for drugs or something else. I also doubt it was cartel related unless we find later they were dealing in chemicals. Whether its young street gangsters or MC club with some beef or something of the like, dealing out their own Justice. I sure they were threatened and LE probably knows who they suspect,
They probably held Chris Senior and his cousin hostage while his cohorts prospects videoed taking out everyone in his family, even while they were sleeping, showing him as torture the whole time. Prove loyalty, Hence the beating of them and the amount of gunshots to each victim, getting everyone involved, involved. Maybe took one of them along to calm the dogs.

It is a good theory. Dana posted two flipagrams Oct/Nov 2015 of pics of her and Chris. I think it's an unusual thing to do after being divorced so long, even if you are on good terms. Made me wonder if they were seeing each other again or made an attempt to get back together.

They were "dating". Can't say how I know due to TOS

I know a head wound produces a lot of blood, but if he was shot in bed, would the blood be "everywhere" or just around his body?

Again, depends on the caliber, the range (which couldn't have been to far with the living conditions, but still would make a difference.)

Yep, that really does happen and we still use a lot of the vets prescriptions. If you look it up many of the animal meds are the same as for humans, only a whole heck of lot cheaper. We can go to the feed store and pick up rabies vaccinations, and syringes so we can treat our dogs without a vet, again much cheaper. That is just how we roll out in the country. l
Yup.. I bought a name brand bag of Keflex for my horse from the vet for $10. It was a ziplock bag, about 100 capsules. The generic for me was about $40 for 14 days, 28 capsules. That was with good insurance.

I doubt anybody who was willing to kill on this scale would have been bothered by killing children, they only killed 8 as their were only 8 people there, if there had been other people staying in the four homes they too would have been killed, to me this shows that it is personal, the children were spared because the killer/s knew them and whatever motive they had for killing all the others it did not extend to the children,

I cannot keep up with this case; I read all of threads 1-4 and most of 5&6; please forgive me if these points have already been made.

Regarding the dogs:

Who can get past vicious dogs without getting hurt or drawing unwanted attention? Only people who know them.
Who can do that on the same day 8 people are killed? Only someone who is not out of place when seen at the home.
Whomever did this may have gotten someone who knew the dogs and was there every day to distract or feed them while they did the shooting.
It's likely that LE is not talking about the dogs because their location, condition, and reaction is material to the case. For all we know, the dogs might be dead and LE isn't saying.

Regarding the reward: Is it possible the reward has been paid or they know who is going to get it but they would be endangered by collecting it? Therefore, the easiest thing to do is say it was withdrawn?

Regarding the 9-11 call: Perhaps there is a second call, or a portion of the first, that has not been released because it contains material details. If Frankie was the person shot nine times, I imagine the details on the call would be a lot more gruesome and a lot more specific. Investigators may want to keep that private.

Questions I still have:
Are they on septic tanks or city sewer?
What was the power source for the grow op?
Who was shot nine times?
Why did BJM go out of her way to talk about the key?
Why did it take Donald Stone so long to find/call about Kenneth Rhoden? Where was he? why didn't he spend the night? Why didn't he check on him sooner?

edited for typo.

Another thing with the silence striking me as odd is even no friends of the younger ones FR, HG, HR, nothing from HR's boyfriend.. Can come up with multiple theories for that, is everyone fearing because they know something to one extent or another? I know they had some enemies, but certainly they had friends.. Friends of theirs on FB are riddled with profile pictures of them deceased..

I remember years ago someone told me to get udder cream/salve to put on my husband. Can't remember where or why I used it but I think it worked.

I remember years ago someone told me to get udder cream/salve to put on my husband. Can't remember where or why I used it but I think it worked.

It definitely works! Lol

I have not ruled out gang. When you throw the "n" word around in this volatile time you better be careful. I've spent the better part of the last 2 yrs following gang activity. I'm not sure if it would be breaking the rules to explain how I think the gang got involved but I don't think it's breaking the rule to say that we know of one instance where a victim used the n word. If Chris sr or Gary used it or were the first victims it would explain a beating. I've spent the better part of the last 3yrs studying gangs and gang activity. They are brutal. While it may seem unfathomable to us for someone to just waltz in and start killing, it happens. Everyday. In populated areas. Look at the Lester street murders in Memphis. That was all in one house in a close residential neighborhood. People are getting shot in their sleep all the time. Here we now have a four county joint task force that works across county lines. Do you know why? Because when gangs pull off robberies and killings they have members across county state lines do it for them. "You know call in thier people". Breaking into houses armed in broad day light is now common. "All of them" killed so tragically. Another thing even amongst most of the gang/prison population crimes against children are frowned upon. If your peeps are watching you aren't going to want to cross that nono line of killing babies. PS note what is said in quotation marks.

I doubt anybody who was willing to kill on this scale would have been bothered by killing children, they only killed 8 as their were only 8 people there, if there had been other people staying in the four homes they too would have been killed, to me this shows that it is personal, the children were spared because the killer/s knew them and whatever motive they had for killing all the others it did not extend to the children,

Another possibility is that whoever killed the Rhodens just wanted to kill the grow op. The people who were killed were all old enough to likely have been involved. The tiny kiddos obviously weren't. I don't think that the issue of recognition is necessarily one that needs to come into play. Face masks, jackets, etc., are easy to come by.

So have I from a very long time ago just because of the supposed "sophisticated" nature of the attack and wondering who would have all that information on the family and who would potentially stand to lose the most if - let's say they are informants - something big fell apart for somebody.

But when I put that totally speculative theory up close to the beginning, saying I didn't believe it at all (!!), the post was removed by the moderator. Now it seems the LE speculation is more tolerated. I guess there's evidence of some issues there in Pike County so maybe now we can mention the possibility. ;)

Correct. It can be discussed that there have been issues with LE in the area. That is in the press and is a fact.

RE LE ISSUES IN THE AREA

While the sheriff's office continued its investigation into the Rhoden family murders on Thursday, Newberry and other residents defended Reader, who took over the sheriff's post last year.

"Charlie didn't have anything to do with (crimes by deputies). That was past tense," Newberry said.

[,...]

The sheriff at the time of these incidents, Henderson, resigned last year.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state-ohio/four-pike-county-deputies-run-afoul-of-the-law-in-recent-years

Theorizing that someone from LE may be involved is tricky. Because there have been past issues with the department prior to this sheriff's term it is not outside the realm of what is possible. But there have been no indications in the press that the department under Sheriff Reader is anything other than a law enforcement agency attempting to investigate a horrible and overwhelming case of mass murder in this small town. The area residents seem to put their faith in him and don't appear to associate him with the department's prior problems. So please keep theories broad and non specific.

I cannot keep up with this case; I read all of threads 1-4 and most of 5&6; please forgive me if these points have already been made.

Regarding the dogs:

Who can get past vicious dogs without getting hurt or drawing unwanted attention? Only people who know them.
Who can do that on the same day 8 people are killed? Only someone who is not out of place when seen at the home.
Whomever did this may have gotten someone who knew the dogs and was there every day to distract or feed them while they did the shooting.
It's likely that LE is not talking about the dogs because their location, condition, and reaction is material to the case. For all we know, the dogs might be dead and LE isn't saying.

Regarding the reward: Is it possible the reward has been paid or they know who is going to get it but they would be endangered by collecting it? Therefore, the easiest thing to do is say it was withdrawn?

Regarding the 9-11 call: Perhaps there is a second call, or a portion of the first, that has to been released because it contains material details. If Frankie was the person shot nine times, I imagine the details on the call would be a lot more gruesome and a lot more specific. Investigators may want to keep that private.

Questions I still have:
Are they on septic tanks or city sewer?
What was the power source for the grow op?
Who was shot nine times?
Why did BJM go out of her way to talk about the key?
Why did it take Donald Stone so long to find/call about Kenneth Rhoden? Where was he? why didn't he spend the night? Why didn't he check on him sooner?

We know at least KR's dog was alive. DS said he had to hold it back when LE came up. Haven't heard anything about the others.

The reward he said he withdrew out of fear for endangering his family, then subsequently posted a picture of his family. Weird.

I'm not convinced we have heard all of the 911 calls and/or all of the portions of the 911 calls.

We don't know who was shot 9 times.

They were likely on septic being located where they were, but that's just my suspicion on country life. That's not a fact.

DS not staying the night is weird OR not going there in the morning as planned is strange. JMO.

Another possibility is that whoever killed the Rhodens just wanted to kill the grow op. The people who were killed were all old enough to likely have been involved. The tiny kiddos obviously weren't. I don't think that the issue of recognition is necessarily one that needs to come into play. Face masks, jackets, etc., are easy to come by.

I also feel that this was obviously not random, someone that knew them, which could be why the kids were spared.

You,certainly speak for my experience also. I think most of us who come from a common rural ancestry are protective of being misrepresented or misunderstood. I'm proud of who I am. Hey,I tell everyone I never wanted to be ordinary and I'm proud to say I'm not!
:welcome4:

I descend from a similar rural ancestry as well, out of Kentucky, though I wasn't raised there. I knew several of my ancestors and I know several of my country cousins. The family name is everything. The interview given by Mr. Rhoden, the father of Gary, reminded so much of my country relatives and if faced with a huge tragedy like this, they would very similar to how Mr. Rhoden responded. Proud, composed, short answers that are measured, yet respectful at the same time. I also see in Mr. Rhoden something I've seen in all of my country relatives and that is a look in their eyes that is reminiscent of Clint Eastwood. It is not a put on - it is real.

I'm extremely proud of the people I come from and knowing them helps me to understand a lot about myself and how I feel about things, which tends to be quite a bit different than those who do not come from this kind of background.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Curious.tea