OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The udder cream.. Doesn't everyone remember the "horse mane shampoo" craze? Women had been buying that shampoo and using it at Tack Shops for years, it was just cheap.

To me, it seemed she wasting out of her way to mention it because the operator didn't say anything about how she got into the house. Also, if you look at the transcript, the information about the key is the longest group of statements she makes and the most complex sentence structure. It sounds rehearsed and seems out of place for the tone of the rest of the call.

I know I'm going to bop my forehead when I read the answer but what does "BBM" mean? "Big Bolding Mine"? "Bigger, badder, Meaner"? "Bacon, Bacon, Morebacon"?

Bolded By Me lol. But you're onto something with Bacon Bacon Morebacon. [emoji23]

Maybe this has been answered before, but I'm new here. Kenneth was found hours later. I don't understand why someone wasn't trying to contact him right away to notify him of his brother's death, along with all of the others. I wonder if it took hours to notify the Manleys and CR1's mother or the two surviving brothers. Just seems odd to me that no one tried to notify the family sooner. I can't even imagine what Chris Sr.'s mother is going through. She has buried two sons, husband, ex-daughter-in-law, and three grandchildren.

Retribution, whether for drugs or something else. I also doubt it was cartel related unless we find later they were dealing in chemicals. Whether its young street gangsters or MC club with some beef or something of the like, dealing out their own Justice. I sure they were threatened and LE probably knows who they suspect,
They probably held Chris Senior and his cousin hostage while his cohorts prospects videoed taking out everyone in his family, even while they were sleeping, showing him as torture the whole time. Prove loyalty, Hence the beating of them and the amount of gunshots to each victim, getting everyone involved, involved. Maybe took one of them along to calm the dogs.

This is what I've been thinking as well. Not necessarily a cartel, but an organized gang of some kind that had the ability to call in a "professional" team. The large number of victims and brutal deaths was as much to send a message to others in the business as it was for justice or revenge. IMO, it was about someone working with LE and/or turf wars, more likely the former. If it was talking to LE, then it's possible someone in LE or working as an informer told the killers who was talking.

Sad to think about the torture, but it's probably accurate. Sending a message - "talk to LE and this will happen to your family, too." In the dark of night, in your sleep...

The reason no one in town is talking is fear of further retribution. Not everyone in town is in the business, so to speak, but many of them are probably acquainted with someone who is. LE has likely asked the victims' friends, relatives and acquaintances not to talk publicly, for their own safety as much as anything. The people who did the killing are probably long gone, but those who ordered the killing are still around, not in town, but probably in the tri-state region. JMO.

Correct. It can be discussed that there have been issues with LE in the area. That is in the press and is a fact.

RE LE ISSUES IN THE AREA

While the sheriff's office continued its investigation into the Rhoden family murders on Thursday, Newberry and other residents defended Reader, who took over the sheriff's post last year.

"Charlie didn't have anything to do with (crimes by deputies). That was past tense," Newberry said.

[,...]

The sheriff at the time of these incidents, Henderson, resigned last year.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/state/state-ohio/four-pike-county-deputies-run-afoul-of-the-law-in-recent-years

Theorizing that someone from LE may be involved is tricky. Because there have been past issues with the department prior to this sheriff's term it is not outside the realm of what is possible. But there have been no indications in the press that the department under Sheriff Reader is anything other than a law enforcement agency attempting to investigate a horrible and overwhelming case of mass murder in this small town. The area residents seem to put their faith in him and don't appear to associate him with the department's prior problems. So please keep theories broad and non specific.

Got it. Thanks. That's kind of what I assumed. :)

We know at least KR's dog was alive. DS said he had to hold it back when LE came up. Haven't heard anything about the others.

The reward he said he withdrew out of fear for endangering his family, then subsequently posted a picture of his family. Weird.

I'm not convinced we have heard all of the 911 calls and/or all of the portions of the 911 calls.

We don't know who was shot 9 times.

They were likely on septic being located where they were, but that's just my suspicion on country life. That's not a fact.

DS not staying the night is weird OR not going there in the morning as planned is strange. JMO.

Septic would be my guess, with outhouses second. The chances of them being on a sewer system is virtually zero. A new development went in outside the city I live in, it was well over $1M dollars to run the sewer line. These are homes valued between $500,000 and $3M and they ran the lines along an arrow straight, fairly flat highway so it was feasible. Running sewer lines from any city or village to these homes on union hill rd would likely cost tens of millions of dollars.

Maybe this has been answered before, but I'm new here. Kenneth was found hours later. I don't understand why someone wasn't trying to contact him right away to notify him of his brother's death, along with all of the others. I wonder if it took hours to notify the Manleys and CR1's mother or the two surviving brothers. Just seems odd to me that no one tried to notify the family sooner. I can't even imagine what Chris Sr.'s mother is going through. She has buried two sons, husband, ex-daughter-in-law, and three grandchildren.

And it seems that DR may have been close with the Rhoden's as it is, so just being ex daughter in law might not even cover it, they could have still had a very good relationship. JMO.

Septic would be my guess, with outhouses second. The chances of them being on a sewer system is virtually zero. A new development went in outside the city I live in, it was well over $1M dollars to run the sewer line. These are homes valued between $500,000 and $3M and they ran the lines along an arrow straight, fairly flat highway so it was feasible. Running sewer lines from any city or village to these homes on union hill rd would likely cost tens of millions of dollars.

Yeah, there is not a chance in hell we will have sewer out here in the middle of nowhere. Everyone is on septic, which is why that's my suspicion. They were not in a well developed area, like myself.

I think there is a reason for the murders of these particular people. Not a justification for the murders, just not random killings and the killer had a reason that wasn't just "go kill someone".
Scariest scenario possible. Completely random targeting of a family. Saw them somewhere (at the hospital?) together, followed them, killed them.

Yes I've wondered if the multiple shots were torturous before being killed completely. (Not that they wouldn't have bled out eventually anyway) JMO.

I think the multiple shots were either information extraction or torture. Only a couple bodies had that many shots, and it's easy to assume the bloodiest scene (Chris and Gary) might be the one with the most bullets. They would also be the brains of the operation.

I do see anger and showing someone what happens when you do whatever they did to tick these people off, though. They crossed the wrong people, and paid with their lives. That's how I see it.

Yep all about who could identify them. It reminds me of the McStay boys who were 3 and 4 when they were killed with their parents because they would have been able to id the that did it.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Frankies little 3 yr old may have recognized the person or persons, but probably too traumatized to get information out of....plus, his mother may not let ANYONE talk to him. JMO

Yeah, there is not a chance in hell we will have sewer out here in the middle of nowhere. Everyone is on septic, which is why that's my suspicion. They were not in a well developed area, like myself.
We still have some septic in very developed kinda rural areas.

Scariest scenario possible. Completely random targeting of a family. Saw them somewhere (at the hospital?) together, followed them, killed them.
I just don't see it though.. There were other Rhodens on that street.

Knowing the area where this happened, poverty is overwhelming. I can't help but wonder if the younger son possibly "bragged" to a friend and maybe even showed the friend the "set up" and that friend shared with a relative (innocently, just gossiping) and this who,e thing was set into motion.... I keep thinking it was about the money. $100,000 in this community would be like a million some place else. Would love to know if they had safes with cash, could explain the beating.

I've been following this since the beginning. Since less than 24 hours after, I've felt that everything comes down to either robbery or revenge. Robbery is the simplest explanation and I had a post back in thread 2 where I speculated a robbery theory. I still keep coming back to one huge question that I can not answer to my satisfaction.

If robbery were the motive, why would the Sheriff and the AG warn the remaining families to arm themselves?

I've been following this since the beginning. Since less than 24 hours after, I've felt that everything comes down to either robbery or revenge. Robbery is the simplest explanation and I had a post back in thread 2 where I speculated a robbery theory. I still keep coming back to one huge question that I can not answer to my satisfaction.

If robbery were the motive, why would the Sheriff and the AG warn the remaining families to arm themselves?

And if family is denying having any knowledge of these grow operations.. Then why would they be a target if it comes down to involving that.

Nothing. Is. Adding. Up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member