OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was asked, I think it was a canned response he was coached to give. If not, he is very political savvy, not a good sign for a sheriff.
Do you happen to know what the question was? Looking for context.

I imagine someone in the Rhoden family was called immediately by one of the Manley's. You can just imagine the calls, upset, lack of info, and chaos. It's very possible someone assumed someone talked to Kenneth or that after several calls to him with no answer, someone asked DS to check on him. I don't think anyone expected top find him dead because if they did, I doubt DS would have gone to his place alone. And that's another question...did someone go with him to KR's place?

DS, I believe, heard the story on TV or radio and went to check on KR and then called 911. Maybe someone called him,but remember in the 911 call he said something like, "ya know all that about the Rhoden murders on the news,well..........."blah blah blah. Doesn't sound like anyone notified him, to me. JMO

Does anyone know if Gary was Russian, had Russian connections, or spoke Russian?

Piketon Topix Forum has some interesting posts. Seems like a lot of locals who are familiar with the family is posting there.

Absolutely CRAZY thought, but I think we are all grasping for straws..

Is it possible the person they are threatening by killing the whole family is still alive? If this was in fact a threat of course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I said this awhile back. There could be a "you are next" ... type of thing going on.

Do you happen to know what the question was? Looking for context.

It was in the first presser which is linked in the opening post. It was during the Q & A portion towards the end. reporter asked something about whether he had had dealings with the family. I believe word of the grow operations were leaked/announced in the press just prior to the presser beginning. So it seemed a logical question in light of that discovery. I would need to go back and reqatch the presser to know the exact wording of the question and response from sheriff.

So, we've talked a bit about whether or not Sheriff Reader's claim that he's never dealt with the Rhoden family in a criminal capacity was honest or dishonest. Have we considered why he may have said that in the first place? The Rhodens have criminal histories. That is undisputed. I'm not sure what relevance there is in whether or not he was personally involved in their cases. Seems like a weird thing to mention.

Best explanation I have seen from post #412 "When the Pike County Sheriff stated at one of the first press conferences that he had no dealings with the Rhoden family in a criminal nature, I felt as though he was not forthcoming in order to maintain the trust and positive communication lines he had going with the family. Had he stated otherwise, he would possibly have immediately alienated the family and shut-down any hope for cooperation and honest communication."

Can't remember new poster's name, but they suggested that LE are treading lightly until the funerals are over.....made sense to me. JMO

Can't remember new poster's name, but they suggested that LE are treading lightly until the funerals are over.....made sense to me. JMO

I've wondered that as well.. For many reasons.

I've wondered that as well.. For many reasons.
YUP. Partly to be able to observe who shows up at them, and what they say and how they act........OT....Miss, I'm in Mich, too. From Ann Arbor, but moved to a little village sw. JMO

I don't remember it exactly, but it was basically was he familiar with the family having any legal issues.

He responded that they are a small county and he is familiar with the Rhoden family. Then he was asked if any of the Rhoden family was involved in any investigations and he said "we have people looking into that, I can not confirm that". @ about 15:55

[video=youtube;rNghlH10SzM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNghlH10SzM[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member