TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to this forum so forgive me if my post is redundant - trying to catch up. Someone in post 6 questioned whether the light on helmet could be from a GoPro.... Wouldn't it stick out at the top of the helmet if he had one mounted on top of it? My boyfriend uses on when he races and his is mounted on top of his racing helmet. Has anyone looked to see if there is a red light on? When the GoPro is on there is a red light - this creeps me out to think about it. He loves being on camera though so it might be possible that he wanted it all recorded. This just turns my stomach so I hope this isn't true. Poor Missy! I hope and pray they find this person soon!
Not necessarily. They make low profile mounted helmet cams. They also make a GoPro mount that mounts to the front of a helmet and it has a very low profile as well.

Nail gun?

ugh ack

nail guns imply torture

WHY torture Missy? What motive could there be?

whoever it was wanted her not just dead (they would've done a driveby shoot) but TERRIFIED also.

what a hideous way to die. poor Missy, her poor girls.

Dexter - these chartered boats supply everything except clothing and grooming products so one would need shorts, shirts, hat(s), deck shoes or some kind of gym shoes, socks and maybe a wind parka. Some people who avoid the sun may take clothes made for fishing which can be long pants and long sleeved button up shirts with vents that are made of a light weight UV protect-ant fabric that dries nearly immediately after getting wet. Maybe one would travel in less casual clothing or even pack something appropriate for evening meals ashore but that is about it.

As for a cooler - if the fishing is for fish to eat, one would probably buy a cheap cooler at the dock and have the cleaned fished iced down or even flash frozen for transport via airline rather than take one from home.

Maybe it's just the charter that my husband uses, but they clean the fish and put them in a disposable styrofoam cooler- these guys literally don't have to do much of anything. LOL

You make some logical points however anyone that has seen Fletch knows that most nefarious activities involving plane travel occur with private planes not commercial

I think the pilot of the private plane would have come forward.

If so, is a silencer possible? I know nothing about guns or if that feature is something easily attainable.

Based on descriptions of the property from some of the locals, I wouldn't even think a silencer would be necessary. Even if there were campers waiting in the lot, they likely had their radios on. I know nothing about guns either, but I would assume a small pistol might not even make enough noise to be heard outside the building, right?

ugh ack

nail guns imply torture

WHY torture Missy? What motive could there be?

whoever it was wanted her not just dead (they would've done a driveby shoot) but TERRIFIED also.

what a hideous way to die. poor Missy, her poor girls.
I did think of that, it does sorta look like a nail gun. But this person had a small window of time to work with and they knew it. I don't think they would take the time. Someone willing to disguise in SWAT gear most likely wouldn't want to run the risk of being caught.

If it were me, I wouldn't care what LE or the media thought. I'd be with my children who had just lost one parent. :(

am i allowed to say that

i find the Presser odd itself, firstly that it occurred at all, secondly that the Bevers themselves appear to have called it.
I agree. That's what makes it a challenge to be objective and not jump to conclusions based on reactions and a seemingly lack of emotion in interviews from person mentioned; for me anyways. Trying hard to do that here and keep an open mind, but sometimes difficult.

I am not convinced yet that the perp is fat. It looked to me as if they stuffed their clothing to appear fat. In the one side-ways view of the perp he/she doesn't look that large.

I did think of that, it does sorta look like a nail gun. But this person had a small window of time to work with and they knew it. I don't think they would take the time. Someone willing to disguise in SWAT gear most likely wouldn't want to run the risk of being caught.

i think they thought they had half an hour.

that's actually quiet a long time. if you just sit still for a minute it seems to draaaaaag.

i think this was planned with military precision. Watches synchronized etc. I will break in exactly one half hour before Missy arrives (Missy would be a creature of habit). Missy made it habit to arrive half hour early herself to set up, the perp knew this.

He assumed he'd have time but iirc a client arrived early and possibly caused an end to the torture. He may have shot her in a panic when he heard the first Gladiator arrive.

Things didn't go to plan on the night it seems and they've been unravelling steadily ever since. Smartest in the room Syndrome.

which ironically can make a case harder to solve. more room for Reasonable Doubt.

I am not convinced yet that the perp is fat. It looked to me as if they stuffed their clothing to appear fat. In the one side-ways view of the perp he/she doesn't look that large.

and im not convinced there wasn't two of them, just taking care not to appear on cam at the same time.

It seems to me that there are two primary theories of the case---

The first is that the perp on the video was there to burglarize or vandalize; that MB showed up at the wrong time; perp panicked, hit her over the head (like you see in the movies) as he was leaving; and got the heck out of Dodge.

The second is that MB was a target---that the perp was there specifically to kill her. This could be a hired hit with a professional killer; it could be a hired hit with a novice killer; it might not be a hired hit but the killer is the person who wants MB dead for some reason.

Now assuming those possibilities and leaning toward the targeted hit scenario, it strikes me as significant that the perp went to such lengths to get into the building and set up before MB arrived. That person was highly motivated. There was no turning back. There was no way for the person to back out and leave the building unnoticed if, say, MB had shown up with another person with her or something else had gone wrong.

I guess this seem significant to me because a professional killer would not want to be captured on video cameras, and would have an exit strategy so that s/he could "call the mission off" if something backfired.

Does that make sense?

All this is MOO.

I don't think so. He'd need a compressor and would have to put the gun on her head because of the safety. JMO

Thanks. I have a very limited knowledge of tools and how they're used. :blushing:

and im not convinced there wasn't two of them, just taking care not to appear on cam at the same time.

I havnt given much credence on a second perp in the building. But, possibly... there could've been a second conspirator, hiding in the car, and updating swat dude to Missy's arrival and any other gladiators that might have shown up?

The crime scene was described as grisly.

the more I think about shirtgate the more inclined I am to think it means nothing. Which then leads to the puzzling Q of WHY LE released the search warrant?

its not something they had to do, but they did it.

bear in mind theres children in this mix who will be suffering terribly at any gossip or innuendo, LE released the SW anyway.

There has to be a motive for them making it public. Has to be.

I wouldn't be surprised if LE is playing BB like a fiddle. They're good at that.

come on if your spouse was horribly murdered...even if you didn't like them very much...youd be beside yourself with grief and worry for your kids if nothing else.

not holding chirpy pressers.

jmo. but men are different i suppose. Nuture isn't their First instinct at times, Defending is.
Again, I agree. Two things keeping me from articulating that clearly is being a newbie and having read what the owner of this site instructed when posting is one reason. The other is knowing that sometimes people react differently than I. That said, I share your view personally. I would probably make a cocoon for my kids and only allow the presence of close family and friends...and mental health professionals to guide them. Last thing I would do is seek the camera. But that's me. People are different.

it only takes 5 minutes...

something those exercise peeps don't tell you and probably should is, the fitter you are the higher your sex drive. I used to be a gym junkie and they were all partner swapping and carrying on - the trainers im talking about. Not so much the clients :) but I was friendly enough with the trainers to know they had a Riotous sex life mostly and they put it down to the extra energy.

Also busy people get more done. A Powerhouse such as Missy would've been absolutely bursting with energy. If you want something done, give it to a busy person.

There could be players in this we don't even know about, on both sides of the marital fence.

Imagine a man's fury at coming to this same conclusion?

It seems to me that there are two primary theories of the case---

The first is that the perp on the video was there to burglarize or vandalize; that MB showed up at the wrong time; perp panicked, hit her over the head (like you see in the movies) as he was leaving; and got the heck out of Dodge.

The second is that MB was a target---that the perp was there specifically to kill her. This could be a hired hit with a professional killer; it could be a hired hit with a novice killer; it might not be a hired hit but the killer is the person who wants MB dead for some reason.

Now assuming those possibilities and leaning toward the targeted hit scenario, it strikes me as significant that the perp went to such lengths to get into the building and set up before MB arrived. That person was highly motivated. There was no turning back. There was no way for the person to back out and leave the building unnoticed if, say, MB had shown up with another person with her or something else had gone wrong.

I guess this seem significant to me because a professional killer would not want to be captured on video cameras, and would have an exit strategy so that s/he could "call the mission off" if something backfired.

Does that make sense?

All this is MOO.

Well, considering they are having a horrible time identifying this person, despite the very unusual gait, I'd say the perp knew it was highly likely he wouldn't be ID'd even if he were discovered in the act, or had very very clear video.

I havnt given much credence on a second perp in the building. But, possibly... there could've been a second conspirator, hiding in the car, and updating swat dude to Missy's arrival and any other gladiators that might have shown up?

indeed

there seems to be a second person on the fishing trip too

BB said, they have MY flight tickets, WE rented a car, I am on cctv in a car with Mis plates at 3pm. (pp)

That WE bothers me.

The suspect knew there were cameras. How would he/she know this?

I'm not convinced the perp knew there were cameras. Why arrive 30 minutes early (if this was a planned attack on MB) and walk around in view allowing others to analyze you gait and mannerisms. Does not make sense to me. MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie