TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been unable to be on WS for several days. There are entire new threads on the case....and still no progress? I'm disappointed. I was hoping to see news of an arrest that I had to catch up to.

Really, no new news since last Wed night?

I just can't let go of the recent guns issue with ECSD and the perp in custody for that. He was in jail but it would sure explain why so many agencies involved so quickly. This is speaking more to weapon and manner of death than perp but two may be intertwined.

It's standard procedure for Police and Fire to be dispatched in TX.

I suspect LE has determined the race of the perp because his/her face is looking right at the camera at one point. So, that leads me to believe LE is not releasing ANY information. Why not release a very basic profile if they truly do not have a really good idea who did this?

Conversely, LE would have very little need to release a profile of the SWAT killer if they already know who did it & are tidying up forensics, digital analysis, electronic footprints, GPS, texts, calls, emails, etc.

LE is probably formalizing the arrest documents very, very soon. They know who did this. They know the motive.

Moo

I assume the church invested in the video surveillance for a reason. They must of had some kind of problem in the past to justify spending money on it. Past break ins maybe? JMO

Isn't a pre school on site or day care or something. Alot of insurers like for some to have cameras as well.

How does a teenager walk? So if the person on video is an adult, did s/he not walk this way as a teenager? Sorry but imo teenagers aren't any different than any other person; everyone, even a teenager, can & could possibly walk this way.
I've mentioned before & so have many others on here, that they know of someone who walks similar to this, whether it be due to flat feet, walking on the outsides of their feet or whatever; bottom line is the majority of these people have probably walked this way their entire life. They didn't one day say "hey I'm an adult now I need to change my walk/gait!"

Not necessarily. Do you have elderly parents or grandparents? Do you think they walk like your children do? I doubt it. Even someone 50 or 40 can be distinguished from behind, for example, from a teen. It's not just the walk itself; it's the carriage and the body shape. Teenagers don't tend to have that rounded shouldered look that older men get, for example. And yes, the gait can and does change, as a person ages. It's due to the aging and spreading of the joints, aches and pains and even arthritis that wasn't there 30, 40 years ago, etc.

I would NEVER mistake my father for my son from behind, even if both were wearing a phony SWAT uniform.

are there pics of her at the conference in austin? looking at her friend's facebook pages, i don't see her in any of the pics.

I've been unable to be on WS for several days. There are entire new threads on the case....and still no progress? I'm disappointed. I was hoping to see news of an arrest that I had to catch up to.

Really, no new news since last Wed night?

No real news since the last video was posted by the police on the 22nd.

Not necessarily. Do you have elderly parents or grandparents? Do you think they walk like your children do? I doubt it. Even someone 50 or 40 can be distinguished from behind, for example, from a teen. It's not just the walk itself; it's the carriage and the body shape. Teenagers don't tend to have that rounded shouldered look that older men get, for example. And yes, the gait can and does change, as a person ages. It's due to the aging and spreading of the joints, aches and pains and even arthritis that wasn't there 30, 40 years ago, etc.

I would NEVER mistake my father for my son from behind, even if both were wearing a phony SWAT uniform.

I commend you on your patient & thorough answer, rob.

Conversely, LE would have very little need to release a profile of the SWAT killer if they already know who did it & are tidying up forensics, digital analysis, electronic footprints, GPS, texts, calls, emails, etc.

LE is probably formalizing the arrest documents very, very soon. They know who did this. They know the motive.

Moo

I agree. I believe LE is making sure they dotted every single I and crossed every single T. Their silence tells so much.

are there pics of her at the conference in austin? looking at her friend's facebook pages, i don't see her in any of the pics.

She's in at least one.

Isn't a pre school on site or day care or something. Alot of insurers like for some to have cameras as well.

Are you saying that the video cameras where installed because of an onsite pre school or because an insurance company required them separate from the daycare being there?

Or are you saying that because there's on onsite daycare the insurance company required the cameras?

I think Arkansasmimi has made a major breakthrough on our "Saran Wrap box." I looks like the exit bar that you find on an exterior door, officially called a "panic bar exit device."

There are many varieties, but the one I found below has almost a hexagonal shape (at least on the push side), and it seems to fit the end pictures of the item the perp is holding in the video.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Panic Bar.jpg
    Panic Bar.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 236
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 10.52.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 10.52.19 PM.png
    25.1 KB · Views: 231
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 10.53.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 10.53.11 PM.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 10.53.22 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-30 at 10.53.22 PM.png
    32.1 KB · Views: 228
I agree. I believe LE is making sure they dotted every single I and crossed every single T. Their silence tells so much.

I am sure praying that is the case. I'm ready to feel safe again. This has really opened up many in the communities eyes about over sharing on social media and being more careful about posting whereabouts. I am NOT blaming Missy FYI, this has just been a wake up call to many of us on the dangers that we often over look.

These are my go to profiles as well. I could also major in "redneck" so I have ruled out the true (mostly) good ole boys from my profile. I'm still 60/40 though bc someone way under the radar, a bit socially awkward, quiet even- who MB may have been nice to or tried to help (her network is huge) could have grown obsessed with her and when she didn't reciprocate, planned her death. I'm still not ruling out jealousy and murder for hire (not even BB doing the hiring- her work is competitive)

JMO

I also had a very random thought about BB and his demeanor. I would imagine how shocked and angry a spouse would be if they found out about an affair during the murder investigation of their spouse. All of the information that comes from the stuff we all keep private or delete is sadly now exposed for Missy to help catch her killer. I'm NOT saying this is the case but it is possible he learned something that hurt his feelings and could explain his perceived "odd/detached/carefree" behavior. IMO IMO!!!

IMO you may be right. BB posts etc seem to show he cares about keeping his marriage intact but there is that certain (I can't put my finger on it) detachment to his demeanor. Good call.

Also, if the perp removed the panic bar exit device from the door, it would mean that the victim would not be able to escape through that door that goes from the kitchen to the outside. Yikes.

Also, if the perp removed the panic bar exit device from the door, it would mean that the victim would not be able to escape through that door that goes from the kitchen to the outside. Yikes.

That seems to fit with one theory another poster had that the perp was making sure Missy wouldn't be able to lock herself in any of the rooms or escape.

Something else that occurred to me.... Maybe it is a teenager that thought his parent was having an affair and by killing Missy his parents would not get divorced? Not saying the affair was happening but maybe the child thought it was because they were so close? Grasping at straws here but guess it could happen? Especially since LE was saying for the person to tell someone what they did. Made it sound like they thought it was a younger person IMO

Exactly Heather! My #1 scenario for this is younger gal. That "talk to someone" thing really struck me too. Sad regardless, but if a teen, really sad.

A couple of things to add as suggestions, all IMO.

We know that tools (plural) were recovered from the scene. To my way of thinking, POI appears to have a pouch/pack in the front of the fancy dress where he/she stores them - under the vest perhaps. One tool seems to be a hammer (something bigger than a claw hammer) in one of the screen-shots and then in relation to the 'saran wrap' tool - it is held one way around in one shot and the other way around in another.

The curve outwards (in the original video) at the end of this tool suggests to me that there are handles that separate. I'd go so far as to suggest heavy-duty long-reach pliers - the type that have manufactured handles that turn-outwards rather than inwards at the end - i.e. so one's hands don't slip off. They'd sure have to be a long-handled version of whatever brand of 'saran wrap' they are.

Then with another snapshot (door on LHS of corridor) I'd even go so far as to suggest that the POI possibly even took their gloves off in an effort to get a better grip on whatever tool it was (possibility for fingerprints?). POI was at that door for quite a while. I even considered that the POI was putting their gloves back on before turning away from that door.

I trust this is not too fanciful a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998