6 Children Orphaned/Parents die 24 Hours Apart

Tricia

Manager Websleuths.com
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This is so bizarre and tragic

When Jennifer Norsworthy was unexpectedly killed by a blood clot in the early morning on April 22, her family was devastated.
She was 40 years old, and she left behind six children and one devoted, grief-stricken husband, according to CBS affiliate WHNT.
“Toby loved Jennifer,” Ricky Self, an associate pastor at the couple’s church, told the station. “She was his world and so he was of course heartbroken when she passed away.”6
The grief was so traumatizing for Toby Norsworthy, relatives suspect, that it ended up costing him his own life 24 hours later, when he died of a heart attack,<snip>

More details at this link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...phaned-after-both-parents-die-24-hours-apart/

I totally believe that is possible. My ex of 17yr passed 2 yrs ago, it was so hard on my kids and me that I started having terrible PVC's that I had never had before, I really thought I was having a heart attack. I still have them occasionally but feel that the stress, and heart break did it to me. I think mine was watching my children suffer, one of which (our only son) who was still in HS really tore me up.

oh wow, that poor family. Especially those kids. :(

SweetT I'm sorry you and your children suffered such a loss. Glad you were able to weather the stress so you can be here with us today.

Stories like this one are terribly hard to read. You would have to have a heart of stone not to feel a ton of empathy for those kids.

I hope they have extended family to take them in. I'm in Louisiana but would provide a loving safe place for as many of their kids as possible though I don't have room for 6, I would ensure if we could help they'd be able to see their siblings any time they wanted/needed. Just throwing this out there. We have two boys, ages 6 and 8 [tomorrow, actually!], and had we been able our family would have been much bigger. I just hope those kids know that there are people out there who will love and care for them in this time of great sorrow and beyond.

I have 5 angel babies waiting for me one day and love our little men here but our home always has room for more love! <3

So sad.
I watched a doco once (or it might have just been an Oprah episode tbh - it was years ago) about how some cardiologists think you really can die of a broken heart. They gave evidence from stories just like this one, where a heartbroken spouse dies of a heart attack very soon after their partner dies.

It's called Takotsubo Cardiomyopathy, and it is real. (I am an RN who formerly worked at a major cardiac center). It isn't usually fatal but obviously can be. Its pathology is very interesting, but so very tragic in this case. Hope the children are placed together in a loving home.

So sad.
I watched a doco once (or it might have just been an Oprah episode tbh - it was years ago) about how some cardiologists think you really can die of a broken heart. They gave evidence from stories just like this one, where a heartbroken spouse dies of a heart attack very soon after their partner dies.

I know this is true, my grandfather and his brother died a day apart, they were very close.

So sad.

Please don't laugh because this is seriously true. I once had a pair of cockateils and I swear when one died the other died of depression or something. As soon as the one bird died the other bird became very depressed and kept looking for his partner. He began squeeking for him and jumping around on the bird cage in different places and looking out the cage for him to return. It was heartbreaking to watch him and just as we were about to buy another bird to keep him company he died too. I dont think it was an illness. I think it was emotional related.

So yeah I am a believer in this sort of thing too after witnessesing that.

I believe it. My mother -in-law died recently from a sudden diagnosis of cancer. She lasted 3 weeks from diagnosis. She had been the major care giver of my father-in-law who suffered from strokes and dementia. He didn't know the day, but knew she was gone, and in one month, so was he. Devastating loss so close together, but now they are together again.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back