TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all! :seeya:

So, something has really been bugging me about the timeline the last day or so and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's somewhere in relation to LE believing that Missy was targeted, where Missy was when she was murdered and what the cameras show in regards to where Missy went as soon as she came into the church. Along with, where the perp was at the moment Missy walked in to the church. This continues with the campers and the amount of time they had before the two 911 calls came in at 5:00, knowing that the first camper got there at 4:35, waited on the other campers to get there and then they had to find Missy in the building (not in the hallway but in a room?) and call 911. I went over and over this with my husband yesterday and what's nagging me is somewhere in the timeline of when Missy arrives and the campers call 911 with the knowledge that LE believes that Missy was the target. My husband played devil's advocate on my thinking so I have also done that below with this list. With every reason to believe that Missy was the target, I tried to include a reason why Missy being the target could be explained away.

I figured I'd go back to what we know in regards to timeline and specific events. Square one you might say.

Here are a few reasons I could come up with about why LE believes that Missy was targeted. These are all just theories obviously. I know LE has more information than we do so I made this list with the assumption that they have something on the footage that tells them Missy was the target. So, what could those things be? I'm just trying to think through this a little more this morning because I feel like we are missing something. I think we MAY have more information than we realize we do even without that footage that we haven't seen. Maybe we just aren't paying enough attention to what we know and what LE has said. I would love to hear if anyone has more to add to this list below.

Reasons I came up with for why LE believes Missy was targeted:

--COD looks like this was a personal crime.
*COD looks that way because Missy didn't fall for the "costume", and she and the perp struggled. Perp was enraged with this so the COD looks personal.

--Perp is already in the room that Missy walks into in the church so he/she had to be waiting for her specifically.
*It was just a coincidence that the perp was in the same room that Missy walked into.

--LE has other information gleaned from social media, phones, emails, etc. that makes them believe that Missy was the target.
*LE is making assumptions based on the information they've learned/it's a "hunch".

--LE doesn't believe that it's a coincidence that the perp went to vandalize/rob the church the morning that Missy had CG camp.
*It was just a coincidence that the perp was there the same morning Missy was.

--LE believes the vandalism/robbery motive is staged based on evidence at the scene.
*Perp was toying with the cameras and having fun. They planned to vandalize the place more but Missy walked in and this disrupted his/her plans. He/She was showing off for the cameras and didn't get to finish the job of completely wrecking the place/finding what he/she was looking for.

--LE believes that Missy was targeted because when Missy walks in and the perp is in another area of the church and hears (or sees Missy) come in, he/she doesn't leave out the back door like most perps would do but instead goes to where she is and murders her.
*The perp went to check things out when he/she heard something and he/she & Missy struggled and this led to Missy's murder. He/she didn't plan to kill Missy but it happened during a struggle.

--The footage that LE has and hasn't released clearly shows that the perp was preparing for Missy to get there.
*The footage just looks that way. The perp was planning something else.

Sorry this is long. I just thought that if we can figure out some of the reasoning behind why LE believes that Missy was the target, it might help us to better understand what is on the footage we haven't seen. My brain keeps going back to the fact that the interaction between Missy and the perp wasn't caught on camera. There are a few reasons for that too, I do realize. The perp could have disabled or messed with the cameras in the area where he/she met up with Missy OR it happened in a room where there are no cameras. But boy does that get my mind reeling when I couple this with the fact that LE believes Missy was the target. It's like they have told us more than we thought we knew.

Gosh, I hope that makes sense. :thinking:

TIA if you can add to this list!! This is obviously all MOO. I'm just trying to get a handle on what we DO know....

Correct and I believe several have since cleaned their pages and set their pages to private both men and women which I find a bit suspicious. I am local.

If I were an acquaintance or camper, I would probably set my FB to private as well. I would want to continue posting what I regularly post to family - but publically posting regular ol' stuff might appear to be insensitive, so I would go private. There is nothing wrong with innocent acquaintances from carrying on life as usual...but going "private" would be more polite and sensitive.

If it were a very close friend or relative, I would also go private, just like in "real life" mourning. It feels natural when in mourning to be quiet and curtail public activities. FB can be an extention of that.

I wouldn't really read much into FB friends and commenters who are going private after this tragedy. I don't think it necessarily means anything at all.

They probably think it's smart to set their page to private if they think the suspect tracked Missy by her Facebook post. If I were close to the victim I would be overly cautious right now out of fear and respect for the family.

When did you notice that? I show right now that they are "friends" on FB

Yes, I was on my iPhone and someone here pointed out that sometimes friends don't show up on the iPhone but they do on the computer. My mistake...I didn't know that.

I haven't seen a specific statement to the media. We aren't allowed to sleuth her family (mother and brothers), but they have posted on FB as far as I know. I haven't seen a big family tiff break out yet, like in the Hailey Dunn case, but I'm not actively monitoring the FB interactions of Missy's family members.

Me either (monitoring). I just haven't run across any statements or comments in the press from them which I find odd but maybe they just don't want to say anything until they catch the perp. They may be private people and will never offer info to the press. hmmm ...

noseyposey, great observation. I love your name.

:fireworks: :Welcome1: :fireworks:

Thank you! I was made aware that it does show them to be friends if you're logged in on the computer. I was on my iPhone so I saw it wrong. My mistake. I'm not sure how to fix my original post. :(

I just looked, again, at the video of BB and his dad in front of MPD. It is very interesting to me how much the perp and RB walk, look alike. I think we have determined it could not be RB because he didn't get to Texas until AFTER the murder, BUT could someone have been trying to make it appear to be RB? I say that because I believe that the clothes have been stuffed to make our perp look fat. JMO.

Average male height 5' 10".
Average female height 5' 5"

Which means that the suspect was either an average hight male, or way above average hight female.

Just one more reason the suspect is not a woman.

Good morning all! :seeya:

So, something has really been bugging me about the timeline the last day or so and I can't quite put my finger on it. It's somewhere in relation to LE believing that Missy was targeted, where Missy was when she was murdered and what the cameras show in regards to where Missy went as soon as she came into the church. Along with, where the perp was at the moment Missy walked in to the church. This continues with the campers and the amount of time they had before the two 911 calls came in at 5:00, knowing that the first camper got there at 4:35, waited on the other campers to get there and then they had to find Missy in the building (not in the hallway but in a room?) and call 911. I went over and over this with my husband yesterday and what's nagging me is somewhere in the timeline of when Missy arrives and the campers call 911 with the knowledge that LE believes that Missy was the target. My husband played devil's advocate on my thinking so I have also done that below with this list. With every reason to believe that Missy was the target, I tried to include a reason why Missy being the target could be explained away.

I figured I'd go back to what we know in regards to timeline and specific events. Square one you might say.

Here are a few reasons I could come up with about why LE believes that Missy was targeted. These are all just theories obviously. I know LE has more information than we do so I made this list with the assumption that they have something on the footage that tells them Missy was the target. So, what could those things be? I'm just trying to think through this a little more this morning because I feel like we are missing something. I think we MAY have more information than we realize we do even without that footage that we haven't seen. Maybe we just aren't paying enough attention to what we know and what LE has said. I would love to hear if anyone has more to add to this list below.

Reasons I came up with for why LE believes Missy was targeted:

--COD looks like this was a personal crime.
*COD looks that way because Missy didn't fall for the "costume", and she and the perp struggled. Perp was enraged with this so the COD looks personal.

--Perp is already in the room that Missy walks into in the church so he/she had to be waiting for her specifically.
*It was just a coincidence that the perp was in the same room that Missy walked into.

--LE has other information gleaned from social media, phones, emails, etc. that makes them believe that Missy was the target.
*LE is making assumptions based on the information they've learned/it's a "hunch".

--LE doesn't believe that it's a coincidence that the perp went to vandalize/rob the church the morning that Missy had CG camp.
*It was just a coincidence that the perp was there the same morning Missy was.

--LE believes the vandalism/robbery motive is staged based on evidence at the scene.
*Perp was toying with the cameras and having fun. They planned to vandalize the place more but Missy walked in and this disrupted his/her plans. He/She was showing off for the cameras and didn't get to finish the job of completely wrecking the place/finding what he/she was looking for.

--LE believes that Missy was targeted because when Missy walks in and the perp is in another area of the church and hears (or sees Missy) come in, he/she doesn't leave out the back door like most perps would do but instead goes to where she is and murders her.
*The perp went to check things out when he/she heard something and he/she & Missy struggled and this led to Missy's murder. He/she didn't plan to kill Missy but it happened during a struggle.

--The footage that LE has and hasn't released clearly shows that the perp was preparing for Missy to get there.
*The footage just looks that way. The perp was planning something else.

Sorry this is long. I just thought that if we can figure out some of the reasoning behind why LE believes that Missy was the target, it might help us to better understand what is on the footage we haven't seen. My brain keeps going back to the fact that the interaction between Missy and the perp wasn't caught on camera. There are a few reasons for that too, I do realize. The perp could have disabled or messed with the cameras in the area where he/she met up with Missy OR it happened in a room where there are no cameras. But boy does that get my mind reeling when I couple this with the fact that LE believes Missy was the target. It's like they have told us more than we thought we knew.

Gosh, I hope that makes sense. :thinking:

TIA if you can add to this list!! This is obviously all MOO. I'm just trying to get a handle on what we DO know....

It seems Missy was targeted

-Perp got there earlier than Missy (knew her schedule & where she would be on that rainy day)
-Either Perp parked out of sight of MIssy or perp's car being there was normal and he knew her
-Perp staked out room (double dutch doors) right next to where Missy would enter
-Missy was not simply killed, my understanding that it was overkill? Sounds personal
-Perp had plenty of time to take items out, was in no apparent hurry

Also, is it true that perp was still in the building when camper #1 arrived? If so, camper #1 may be able to ID odd car still in lot or one they passed on the way in. Who was camper #1?

-

If I were an acquaintance or camper, I would probably set my FB to private as well. I would want to continue posting what I regularly post to family - but publically posting regular ol' stuff might appear to be insensitive, so I would go private. There is nothing wrong with innocent acquaintances from carrying on life as usual...but going "private" would be more polite and sensitive.

If it were a very close friend or relative, I would also go private, just like in "real life" mourning. It feels natural when in mourning to be quiet and curtail public activities. FB can be an extention of that.

I wouldn't really read much into FB friends and commenters who are going private after this tragedy. I don't think it necessarily means anything at all.

I agree here. I would go private too, becuase "we" and the media are looking for anything. I wouldn't want to have all this extra scrutiny of my FB page. It didn't matter before but it does now.

It seems Missy was targeted

-Perp got there earlier than Missy (knew her schedule & where she would be on that rainy day)
-Either Perp parked out of sight of MIssy or perp's car being there was normal and he knew her
-Perp staked out room (double dutch doors) right next to where Missy would enter
-Missy was not simply killed, my understanding that it was overkill? Sounds personal
-Perp had plenty of time to take items out, was in no apparent hurry

Also, is it true that perp was still in the building when camper #1 arrived?
If so, camper #1 may be able to ID odd car still in lot or one they passed on the way in. Who was camper #1?

-

AFAIK, its never been stated, but given the timeline....
LE has not released the name of the camper

Where are her parents and two brothers? They are all alive. No mention of them here and even the open letter to the killer by the MIL never mentions the pain her side of the family is going through. It seems to be all about BB's side of the family. No mention of them in the obit either. Strange.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Murdered-Midlothian-Fitness-Coach--376858281.html

http://www.jacksboronewspapers.com/obituaries/obituary-terri-missy-bevers

Her family is prominent in the first part of her obit.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160421/NEWS/160429830

If that timeline reporters posted is correct, there was only 10-15 mins between the time missy walked in church and the next camper arrived!!! How is that possible ? And why did it take that camper 30 mins to call 911?! How could perp have beaten her to death and exited the church without anyone hearing or seeing anything in that short an amount of time??? And why such a long wait before they called police??? Maybe the camper is the killer and just took off SWAT gear and hid it in his/her car and disposed of it later. I doubt police had a warrant to search every vehicle that day. Police should check all video footage on roads around there to see when exactly that other campers car left his/her house and on what roads it traveled and at what time. Ask family members when they actually left house.

Because the police know the times everyone arrived. Someone could not have committed the murder, before they arrived. The suspect had 15 minutes to leave the scene, before anyone else arrived. They probably only needed two minutes. The campers called 911 as soon as they discovered her body.

Did someone say that LE knew when the suspect left and how he/she left the scene?

I have always thought the killer took Missy by surprise. Based on the perpetrator's outfit, they were worried about getting injured themselves, plus they knew she would be able to fight back hard, and run fast.

The element of surprise was the most important weapon they had IMO. He/She likely followed her into whatever room she went into and attacked from behind, incapacitating her instantly with a blow to the head.

Based on Missy's level of fitness and the awkward outfit the perp was wearing, I feel like she could have outrun him in almost every other scenario (with the exception of a gun).
THIS is what kills me. I wish she could have escaped to the Sanctuary - at least to run/hide etc while she was being targeted - if even to wait for help from other campers she knew would be arriving soon. I hate to think she was running and trapped in a small room fighting for her life, terrified.
IMO - this PERP wanted her to PAY for whatever demented reason in his/her head.

Thank you! I was made aware that it does show them to be friends if you're logged in on the computer. I was on my iPhone so I saw it wrong. My mistake. I'm not sure how to fix my original post. :(

Don't feel too bad. I don't think it is just an iPhone issue. I was on a Windows laptop this morning and got a few different results in just 2 minutes of looking back and forth at both pages. I think it's a Facebook glitch.

Which means that the suspect was either an average hight male, or way above average hight female.

Just one more reason the suspect is not a woman.

If suspect was a male (IMO he was), then he is below-average in height for male.

LE revised original estimate and put suspect at 5'8" to 5'9". See the link info in my signature.

Wow. You are right. Thats a HUGE red flag for marriage problems! I have found it to always be the sign of impending divorce/separation.

Maybe I’m a bit Facebook challenged, but is there any reason to friend someone on Facebook, whom you see and communicate with in person on a day in day out bases? What would be the purpose to that? Are you going the share a photo with them on Facebook? Wouldn’t you just do that in person? :thinking:

Maybe I’m a bit Facebook challenged, but is there any reason to friend someone on Facebook, whom you see and communicate with in person on a day in day out bases? What would be the purpose to that? Are you going the share a photo with them on Facebook? Wouldn’t you just do that in person? :thinking:

LOL, my husband and I are not friends
We look at each others pages when invited to, but i see no reason for us to be friends
He would be bored to tears with the stuff i post, he would roll his eyes!!
JMO

I believe most of the reason they were initially scratching their head in the beginning was because of the police get up and the fact that the burglar didn't take anything.

Since we don't have confirmation on the actual COD aside from the rumors that have locally circulated as well some posting on here by other locals. If we were to speculate that a gun was used, it would raise a few eyebrows in the MPD. We do know that an officer for the Ellis Co Sherrifs dept resigned as the end of March and was arrested just a few days prior to Missy's murder for allegedly selling guns that had been used in recent crimes and which were stolen from the evidence locker and there are more guns unaccounted for. Maybe he sold the gun and possibly some authentic gear to the perp or someone linking back to the perp.

http://elliscountycitizen.com/2016/04/20/former-ecso-deputy-arrested-on-theft-charges/

I believe there is a lot more to Missy's murder and we most likely don't even have a sliver of the picture which I know for all of us local or not, is very disheartening. We have such a limited amount of information to gather facts, set aside rumors and truly sleuth the case. Only time will tell.

Fingers and toes crossed that LE will give us a little more info so we can continue to do our own instigating and possibly rule out some theories and come up with some new ones.

Sent from my iPhone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member