TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, there are many things that make you wonder
There is no way to deny that, a lot of coincidences

I'd really like to know what was done to the side door entrance as in the video it looks like something was done to them with them propped open. I'm wondering if the panic bar was removed from the side door and it kind of looks like it in the video now that I've watched for it, but the video isn't clear enough for me to say for sure. To me, modifying the entry doors seems to be the only sure way to control Missy to be sure that she wandered around inside. I wonder for instance if it was her routine to go with her hands full and without her cell phone on her first trip inside. Just about everything seems mighty risky as if she saw the door was intentionally messed with, she could have called 911 then unless the person doing this knew she wouldn't have her phone to call for help.

I used to work out at a gym that didn't open until 5 am. I live 10 minutes from the gym and I sometimes would leave home at 430 am knowing I would be sitting in car for 20 minutes until the owner arrived at 5 sharp to open the gym. I would just sit there and listen to music, sports radio etc and finish my cup of coffee. I can assure you I had no ill will or nefarious intent with my predisposition to arriving early to the gym, appointments, meetings etc and just sitting in car. I am now going to rethink this as to not be perceived as exhibiting criminal behavior

I don't find it odd either. Especially young mothers with a house full of pre-teens and teenagers. I did the same and always sat in the car 10-15 mins finishing my coffee knowing it was the only time of the day for me.

"If you're injured while on church property, you could have an injury claim against the church itself. Premises liability claims are based on a property owner's duty to maintain a safe environment for guests. Therefore the church or other property owners could be held responsible for accidents and injuries that occur on their property."

See more at: http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/20...red-event-can-i-sue.html#sthash.59kxyZ67.dpuf

Curious how this will play out if it's found Missy was not targeted. :thinking: The church has a vested interest in how this case is reported.

Forgive me for not being able to keep up... but when was the last official statement and/or pressed given by LE (excluding taking the weekend off). TIA

"If you're injured while on church property, you could have an injury claim against the church itself. Premises liability claims are based on a property owner's duty to maintain a safe environment for guests. Therefore the church or other property owners could be held responsible for accidents and injuries that occur on their property."

See more at: http://blogs.findlaw.com/injured/20...red-event-can-i-sue.html#sthash.59kxyZ67.dpuf

Curious how this will play out if it's found Missy was not targeted. :thinking: The church has a vested interest in how this case is reported.

I can be thick

Are you saying that the church could be liable if she was killed during a robbery, but not if this was a targeted attack?

Thank you for filling me in on that. I usually pay special attention to Breck's posts but somehow missed that one!!

I agree with you too on the BBM. I also do not think that camper #1 is involved and I hope I didn't give the impression that I believe now or have ever believed that any of the campers there that morning were involved.

I definitely don't follow the theories here that the perp was a part of that group (had the ability to change out of the SWAT gear and mix in with the group). A past camper, maybe but I don't think these group members had anything to do with it FTR. My point was only that it's possible that if the perp knew where Missy would go in the church, that he had inside knowledge from a previous class of where it would be held inside. And this would also help answer the questions everyone has asked about whether or not Missy made a post about doing the class in the church that morning (because it would have helped them find Missy in the church without having to look for her).

I pray that the campers can recover from this too. I honestly can't imagine what they have gone through. It's very heartbreaking....all of it is. :(

No problem, and if it's any comfort to you, I read all your posts and, while diplomatic and careful, I could tell (more than once) that you personally don't suspect the campers.

Initially I thought that this case would be easy to solve but as it turns out, the perp planned very well. So many angles, theories, motives and not a real solid clue that has been released. I may ask about camper #1, RB and BB but the truth is it is all we really have right now. All speculation, so sad that we haven't heard anything more and that Missy's murderer is out there living their life as if nothing is wrong at all. It is truly heart breaking and I feel for her girls & family. I am losing faith that he/she will be caught.

And going back to camper #1 is just my way of revisiting the scene. I just wish we had more info or that LE had the perp in custody.

BB and MB appear to have had a very nice life with their 3 girls and were active in their community, church and the girls' activities. MB was an energizer bunny type, full of spark and committed to the healthy lifestyle of eating well and lots of exercise. BB had some chronic health issues which seem to have taken a toll on him both physically and mentally - which is what chronic illness does to people. Certainly, chronic illness is tough on any family but to say they had any 'problems' in their marriage which led to infidelity is really grasping at wind. No one here knows and it is surely hurtful to any of their loved ones to read this kind of speculative gossip spun from air.

When tragedy strikes, even a faithful person may get angry at God. It is a temptation that can lead to spiritual death. I have witnessed many people, even myself, fight the temptation to fall into the non-believer group in times of grief and the depression that follows. We question how our loving Father could allow such things to happen and our faith is put to the test. It is difficult to reconcile a loving God with the suffering and pain that befall a faithful servant. This is what I believe BB addressed in his post. He is dealing with his desire to be angry and rageful over his wife's murder and his faith which tells him that prayer and steadfast devotion is his true salvation. As a Christian, this is a spiritual battle between God and Satan for his eternal soul.

Pray for him if you are so inclined. Evil touched his life in ways that most of us will never experience and it would rock us in ways we can not comprehend.

Whether she was or wasn't targeted, I wonder how much common knowledge it was that there wasn't a security system there. I also do wonder about the cameras if the perp disabled them somehow (like via the circuit breaker, so that the exterior cameras wouldn't have any power) and thought some or all the cameras weren't working. If they didn't know about the exterior cameras, that would be a reason for them to have arrived on foot or else regardless of their disguise, the car would give them away where LE could track it down.

When the bad guy/gal comes around the corner to start down the hallway with the Dutch doors, I get the sense they are hesitant just a bit and are peering around the corner before fully committing to be full on in the hallway. Just an observation and IMO. Also, have we seen the time stamp on the footage released by the MPD? if this is confirmed footage before Missy arrived, then my feeling that he is looking for her is a moot point.

I can be thick

Are you saying that the church could be liable if she was killed during a robbery, but not if this was a targeted attack?

It appears they could very well be liable. Maybe even if she was the target. Read up on church violence and liability.

Whether she was or wasn't targeted, I wonder how much common knowledge it was that there wasn't a security system there. I also do wonder about the cameras if the perp disabled them somehow (like via the circuit breaker, so that the exterior cameras wouldn't have any power) and thought some or all the cameras weren't working. If they didn't know about the exterior cameras, that would be a reason for them to have arrived on foot or else regardless of their disguise, the car would give them away where LE could track it down.

I've wondered about the outside cameras, and if the perp disabled them, or the just were not working that morning? You can clearly see a camera near the double doors, in the corner.

The perp is definitely wearing blue sweat pants.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture-20-1.png
    Capture-20-1.png
    484.2 KB · Views: 437
  • Capture-sweat.PNG
    Capture-sweat.PNG
    188.9 KB · Views: 440
I am re watching the first presser and have noticed that they say Missy can be seen entering the church and heading down the main hall, close to where she was discovered,

From the sounds of that she was just out of the cameras view but right off the main hallway.

Also it seems that the campers did at first just think she was unresponsive. That leads me to believe that the scene may not have been too grizzly.

[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

The second guy to speak had most of the info and Q&A

I've wondered about the outside cameras, and if the perp disabled them, or the just were not working that morning? You can clearly see a camera near the double doors, in the corner.

It would seem like a huge waste of time bothering with that outfit and the at least half an hour of prep work that morning if all that was needed was for the clearly advertised cameras to go and pick up your license plate and details about your car when you drove in and parked. I'm not sure whether the perp minded about the interior cameras given their disguise, but they'd have a very big reason to be concerned about the exterior cameras that could negate everything they did as soon as somebody looked at the footage. Without me knowing where the circuit breaker is or where all the interior cameras are, I'm thinking the perp started preparing the scene on Sunday where amongst other things they could have surreptitiously flipped the switch for the exterior lighting (and exterior cameras) and they may have done other such things like stashing some gear there where these activities might not have been caught on the interior cameras. Also if there was a lighting/power issue outside, that could contribute to luring missy indoors where the perp would expect her to begin setting up in a certain room.

I am re watching the first presser and have noticed that they say Missy can be seen entering the church and heading down the main hall, close to where she was discovered,

From the sounds of that she was just out of the cameras view but right off the main hallway.

Also it seems that the campers did at first just think she was unresponsive. That leads me to believe that the scene may not have been too grizzly.

[video=youtube;XNLtwTK2hq8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8[/video]

The second guy to speak had most of the info and Q&A

I'm wondering if it happened in the small room that can be seen in this picture where it looks like something just off to the side of the main entrance:
https://www.facebook.com/1793451023...1462216305./10152854509157343/?type=3&theater
I don't know the purpose of the room, but it seems to be a room without a door and there for some reason. If it happened in there, that would seem to be in the front but off-camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member