TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping:

"Investigators said Brandon Bevers' story that he was on a fishing trip in Biloxi, Mississippi when his wife was killed checks out, police said."

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Fe...nstructor-Murder-Investigation-376441291.html

It would be nice if folks could stop treating everything he says or does with suspicion, and let him grieve however he chooses.

While that may be what was stated Montjoy, with all due respect he has not been cleared, his alibi checks out, but that doesn't eliminate him as being involved in some fashion. I believe with all of my heart the LE would release a statement saying he was no longer a person of interest, the moment that they can do so. [emoji5]

Of course JMO

Does anybody have a link to the longer video released by the MPD that was enhanced by one of our members?

Is it possible someone is trying to drum up business for self defense classes, etc by killing her?

Maybe the strange post on the MPD FB page is being put there by one of the LE agencies to play with someone. BB and his mom need to ignore these posts. People are always going to look at the family first. It's normal. If I was them, as hard as it would be, I would ignore it and know that eventually the truth will come out. Their constant responding reminds me a bit of the Casey Anthony case. JMO

I don't think so, LE stated the perp went out the way they came in. Someone mentioned that if Missy went into the sanctuary area (which is the center of the building and was never seen on camera again then perp could have killed her right when she came in, then went to the opposite end of the sanctuary and leave through doors where there was no camera in hallway. Is there a camera in the very rear hallway.
How do they know? How do we know? If she was in the center of the church, then why did they say she was found in SW corner?

Hopefully we'll know the real story soon. Or I hope so anyway.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I agree with you. And I'm leaning toward it possibly being a GoPro as one of our sleuthers suggested.

I'm behind but catching up - CHeck out the front mounted helmet cams on Google. It looks just like this.

While that may be what was stated Montjoy, with all due respect he has not been cleared, his alibi checks out, but that doesn't eliminate him as being involved in some fashion. I believe with all of my heart the LE would release a statement saying he was no longer a person of interest, the moment that they can do so. [emoji5]

Sent from my iPhone

Yes, that article with that statement about the fishing trip alibi checking out isn't new. I've only been able to check in here sporadically this evening and I was really confused when that article was posted because it's from last week I think. LE hasn't announced that anyone has been cleared yet, AFAIK.

Sharing some thoughts on two previous scenarios that have been brought up:

1) Angry competitor who wanted Missy gone to take over her classes or her clients:

I can see where this might be a possibility in larger cities like Dallas or Plano, where there is a higher saturation of trainers in the area, making the acquisition of clients more cutthroat. IMO this scenario doesn't really make sense for our smaller county and cities. People don't live as close together, and there simply aren't as many trainers. It seems like most cities in our county only have one (maybe two) trainers. When a new trainer from our area started classes a few months ago, he started them in the town over from us (like 15-20 min away) and our trainer asked us to go check out his workouts in support of his new camp. Point being, it just doesn't seem like there is a cutthroat, super competitive culture between trainers here.

2) Angry church member who for whatever reason doesn't like /is morally opposed to workout classes being held at the church:

Part of the reason churches are so open to allowing CG to partner in using their facilities is because it is actually a Christian-based organization. They have a non-profit camp called CG Victory that gets kids active and encourages them to come to know the joy of Christ. I can't really see any members being mad enough at Missy or the organization to commit murder.

All my opinion. Sorry I only share about CG related stuff, but I feel like it's the only thing I have personal knowledge about that I can really add to the discussion. Thanks.

I'm sure it's a motive way more personal than either of these. No one is going to risk killing someone for anything so small.

Does anybody have a link to the longer video released by the MPD that was enhanced by one of our members?

[video=youtube;mSWD1TvaGZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD1TvaGZ4[/video]

I think we might be on the same page. Also, someone who spent a lot of time volunteering at the church or attending events, including Camp Gladiator, possibly, would possibly know some things about the church. Or repairmen, delivery drivers, etc. I guess it could be a pretty long list depending on how much access the person had to the church.

I agree.

So wait, am I correct in reading that Missy's car was seen entering the parking lot on an external camera and she was seen walking into the building on an internal camera?

But the perp's vehicle (assuming he/she had one), as far as we know, was NOT seen on the external camera, AND he/she was not seen leaving the building?

This is bizarre. Everything about the released video, and most things about the scene, to me scream "loosely organized at best", but the killer seems to have had very detailed knowledge of the premises, and been extremely confident about where Missy would enter the building. So weird.

Is it possible someone is trying to drum up business for self defense classes, etc by killing her?

That's an interesting, outside the box theory. I think almost anything's possible.

But the warrant indicated she may have been texting or communicating with someone before or during the crime???

It's standard wording to indicate there's reason to believe there could be useful info in the phone's data. Obviously she wasn't texting while she was being murdered, but if a warrant is being issued for say, a burglary where the phone was used as the burglary was taking place, it would apply. Like in Amanda Blackburn's case, they used their cell phones during their burglary spree.

I'm a local-just moved back (my family has been for over 20yrs.), I posted in the earlier threads and have been reading off and on. Just too much to read and kind of repetitive....

No, (from what I've seen and I drive around a lot in town running my kids back and for their school activities) I have not seen apartments/buildings being searched by LE. Everything in Midlo is back to normal.

IF one of the cod's was a gunshot, no it would not be heard as there are no neighborhoods around and the house across the street has high fencing and the noise from any vehicle(s) on the highway would probably block the sound of a gunshot.

I feel that poi was in kitchen looking for a weapon/tool to use......

It was pouring rain that morning, and nothing is in close distance to run/walk without being noticed in a swat/police uniform and the highway it narrow, not very safe to be walking @night.

I also feel that poi must not be a local from Midlo, because even though it's grown in population, we don't have very many stores here and you always run into someone or family and the poi mannerism and gait would be very obvious and noticeable - so believe me the Midlo peeps would be all over that and would have contacted LE immediately. It is after all still a small gossiping town.

Those that have lived in Midlo for years are not scared or worried-we still live our everyday life. I think the ones that are more worried or scared are the newer locals, that have just moved here or have been here 10-15yrs. We don't have a high crime rate here, and the few murders that have happened, the victim knew the person. One 9yrs ago, murder suicide, husband killed wife then self. Back in the 80's I was in elem. school an undercover narcotic cop killed by drug dealers. So we feel that whether or not it was a robbery, MB was targeted. We don't have a serial killer on the loose. I don't feel like it was a camper or the first camper that discovered MB (I know of the camper) and I feel that COD was something else or one of the COD's.....that's all I can say. We just hope poi is found for MB's family sake and justice.

if perp spends hundreds of dollars, time and effort to gather and bring all of these tools and wear this elaborate get-up I'm sure he also brought the weapon he planned on using to kill her. He knew he'd have very limited time before the others would arrive.

I feel as if the fat lady is taking the stage. LE has made some calculated moves recently, and I think, hope, and pray they have the perp in their sights.

BTW----The great state of Texas, is no nonsense, when it comes to punishing convicted criminals. And with this violent, heinous, elimination of a young wife and mother, I believe, Texas will show no mercy...

Don't Mess With Texas!

IMHO

In the Midlothian PD presser on April 18th, LE said nothing appears to be missing. And now this which means the killer left the weapons there; some of which belonged to the Church! This means the perp didn't feel He/She was I njured & felt secure he/she didn't leave his/her blood DNA on the weapon.
This sounds like the perp wasn't injured during the assault (which is one reason why they wore the SWAT clothes (protection) --just one reason amongst many).

I was hoping that the struggle that ensued between MB & the perp resulted in her cutting/injuring the perp leaving his/her DNA trail. But nope, if the perp left the weapons there at the Church, chances are he/she wasn't worried about LE finding anything that would forensically link them to the crime scene.

But this perp forgot a few things.....ticktockticktock.....things are speeding up. Last chance now.
I'm really hoping that the pick type hammer was new. Maybe investigators can track down the purchase or maybe someone who is missing this tool will come forward.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

what surprised me most with this re-enactment is that the first person to arrive for the class was male. For some odd reason, I had always pictured the first camper to arrive as female. Now I can't remember if the sex of this person was in news articles or if I made that all up.

I can't vouch for how accurate the animation is. I just thought it was cool the way they can recreate a scene.

If one were to photoshop a balaclava and helmet over a certain face, it looks similar to the still from the video posted several pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks