OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just find it odd, though, that DS was supposed to spend the night and work on cars at 5:30 the next morning. I mean, how long could he have worked on cars if he had to leave for Columbus to work? Seems like DS would have thought to check on him, being a Rhoden and all.

There are a lot more people who should have checked on Kenneth before his cousin did. I suspect one of them called DS and asked him to check on KR when they couldn't get in touch with him during the 1-2 hr period from when they learned of the deaths until DS arrived at his home. The people you would expect to being beating a path to get to him if he wasn't answering his phone are listed in his obituary:

Along with his mother Geneva, Kenneth is survived by a son Luke C. Rhoden, 2 daughters; Tajianna (Michael) Mead and Kendra A. Rhoden, grandchildren Rayn, Trey and Hope Mead, and Hayden Rhoden, 2 brothers; Brady and Tony Rhoden, 4 sisters; Norma Thomas, Wilma McCoy, Brenda (Dave) Weisel and Teresa (Dan) Grebing, a very dear couple to his heart Delbert and Violet Rigsby, along with a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and his sidekick Brett Hatfield!

But if the operation was tight-knit why didn't someone think to tell Kenneth what happened?

Bugs me.

ETA: seems his mother, sister or surviving brothers could have thought of him. There he was shot dead in that fifth wheel where he lived like a sitting duck but was supposedly obsessed with security.
He had neighbors within walking distance. That's at least a 30+ foot camper and for one person that's not so bad. The camper has been there, based on property views, sometime after 2010 but at least since 2014, so it's most likely he didn't mind being there. I think his mother may be the only one living in the area. She may not have had heard for awhile as it may look as if it was directed toward CR1's immediate family w/GR just having the bad luck of being there. I guess what I'm saying is, that there's folks who like to live like that, and are very wary too, it's their nature.

Regarding the complicated inheritance laws of Ohio.
Exact times of death of the 8 individuals may be critically important.
Wonder how they handle a multi generational time of death situation for a large family as
it relates to inheritance law purposes.
This will be one for legal text books

Agree. A very good friend of mine and his wife were killed in a car accident in Florida. He died immediately. She died about 30 minutes later. They had no will. After they unraveled everything- their estate passed from him- then to her and then to her parents. His daughter from a prior marriage was completely cut out- except for social security. She was 8 at the time. They had life insurance policies and there house was paid for after their deaths through insurance. Moral of the story I learned- have a will.

On page 1 of this thread (first post) does anyone know who's red truck is backed up in the drive? If it's not against TOS. If it's one of he victims I understand it being backed in. If it's someone that came to the scene in an emergency situation I don't. JMO

I think it is probably Frankie Rhoden's pickup. It is in front of his home and his FB shows a red pickup in January of this year.

I thought of that, too. But I still can't think of a scenario where the grandchildren wouldn't inherit.

Dana dies last, her estate would go to her parents. Chris Sr dies last. His estate goes to his parent.

There are a lot more people who should have checked on Kenneth before his cousin did. I suspect one of them called DS and asked him to check on KR when they couldn't get in touch with him during the 1-2 hr period from when they learned of the deaths until DS arrived at his home. The people you would expect to being beating a path to get to him if he wasn't answering his phone are listed in his obituary:

Along with his mother Geneva, Kenneth is survived by a son Luke C. Rhoden, 2 daughters; Tajianna (Michael) Mead and Kendra A. Rhoden, grandchildren Rayn, Trey and Hope Mead, and Hayden Rhoden, 2 brothers; Brady and Tony Rhoden, 4 sisters; Norma Thomas, Wilma McCoy, Brenda (Dave) Weisel and Teresa (Dan) Grebing, a very dear couple to his heart Delbert and Violet Rigsby, along with a host of nieces, nephews, cousins, friends and his sidekick Brett Hatfield!

I do not think he was very close with his family. If you explore Facebook there are some pretty obvious clues that this is the case IMO.

From last thread

I know a lady that happened to

She was in an accident, from that she rec'd 10,000. She gave it to her son to keep for her because of being on Medicaid. She decided she wanted to use the money to pay her funeral expense and she did.

Someone from I think SS came and did a review, during that she mentioned the paid up funeral.

Well she had to go to SS office, they told her she had cash in all the life ins policies she had and give them the money. Also they would be taking an amount from her SS check.

They never got all the money back she died a few yrs later. I was surprised they didn't suspend the Medicaid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My mom is on medicaid and lives in an Alzheimer's home. Her funeral is prepaid and medicaid is fine with that. She can actually have up to $1500 in her bank account but no more at all.

i suspect there wasn't a grow at Dana's house, based solely on the fact it was just purchased and the theory they wouldn't have had time to set it up yet.

Where did you see it was just purchased? From what I remember it was left to Chris by his father or possibly bought off a very close family but I don't remember any recent purchases of property?

I do not think he was very close with his family. If you explore Facebook there are some pretty obvious clues that this is the case IMO.

Exactly. And we have no idea what his relationship with his ex or kids was like, whether they talked daily, whether they talked weekly, etc. they may have had no idea what was unfolding there or that he would have even been involved.

So, they didn't release LM's son's truck, LM had kept saying he was giving them an hour in that interview.. But the truck wasn't released. Was he just speaking angrily? Was the hour about something else? Have they begged him to keep quiet? LM seems to be the main source of information for us..

They may have threatened to charge him with obstructing the investigation

Friday night, Jones was pulled over by authorities in Chillicothe. He was questioned by investigators until being released at 6 am Saturday morning.

[...]

In the meantime, Jones says he's still considered a suspect in the case.

http://myfox28columbus.com/news/loc...ction-with-rhoden-murders-maintains-innocence

Leonard Manley said he and his family feel targeted by the investigation.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...owed-part-investigation-pike-county/83882994/

not quite the same, not quite there, but closer . . . teh.

Ya can't blame me for trying. :)

I feel like they still would have needed help with all of those crops. I wonder who else helped them.

Assuming 200 indoor, and say 500 outdoor across the other 2 grow sites (this is an assumption) then that really wouldn't need more help. I have just planted 4 acres of Garlic (which is an awful lot more than the assumption above) and I did it mostly on my own with a small amount of help from my wife. Whilst Garlic doesn't require as much daily care as pot it, the actual planting of them would be very similar workloads. Therefore I believe CRs could have done this alone, and certainly could have done it with a couple of family members helping.

Assuming 200 indoor, and say 500 outdoor across the other 2 grow sites (this is an assumption) then that really wouldn't need more help. I have just planted 4 acres of Garlic (which is an awful lot more than the assumption above) and I did it mostly on my own with a small amount of help from my wife. Whilst Garlic doesn't require as much daily care as pot it, the actual planting of them would be very similar workloads. Therefore I believe CRs could have done this alone, and certainly could have done it with a couple of family members helping.

The planting isn't what I'm referring to.. Nor the watering and lights necessarily as most use timers to help.. However, trimming pot plants is quite the process. I know people with 20 plants that enlist help for trimming. It's not like you just go chop them down and call it good.

Exactly. And we have no idea what his relationship with his ex or kids was like, whether they talked daily, whether they talked weekly, etc. they may have had no idea what was unfolding there or that he would have even been involved.

And that's the difference I see between Kenneth and the rest of the Rhodens. It just seems to stand out. I find it very interesting.

DS NEW girlfriend lives in Beaver, Ohio.

DS is still married but separated from wife Dollie, and she has a new man as of a couple months ago.

I thought DS said in interview that he and Kenneth were going to the auto auction in Columbus on Friday, and that's why KR had lots of cash on him.

Looks like he's gone back and forth between the two...

I wonder what they hope to learn by towing the cars?

One of the daily mail articles said 2000 plants were found at one grow site. Not sure if it was a fact or misprint.

One of the daily mail articles said 2000 plants were found at one grow site. Not sure if it was a fact or misprint.

I believe it was a misprint. But even trimming 200 plants would be a lot of work for a few people. IF they were all on the same cycle. If they weren't, it still would be because it'd be constant trimming.

There are also at least one of his family members with serious problems IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member