TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the Search Warrant:

"The subject is seen walking throughout the building holding a hammer, breaking windows and going
through offices.

At approximately 0418 hours, the victimTerri Bevers is observed entering the building
through the main door under the awning area.The video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim,were seen again on
video.Thevictim was later found deceased at the southwest comer of the interior of the
building."

So wherever the office is, double Dutch doors or not, he went through the "offices" - staging robbery.
I think he means that Missy was found in the SW corner of the"interior" meaning the sanctuary/auditorium room because the suspect is not seen again activating motion detectors in hallway, rather than the absolute corner of the whole building. Obvious typos and scratch outs rather than completely perfect warrant, seems reasonable.

BBM: This is what I have been thinking too based on the wording of the search warrant. I can't figure out another way that the perp wouldn't have been seen on the cameras again . I am just not sure that we have enough information on the layout of the church just yet to know this as fact. But, I definitely think it's a pretty good guess!

It really bothered me to read that Missy walked toward the perp's location. I can't help but think that this definitely wasn't a coincidence. He/she knew where Missy would go when she walked into the church. Ugh, that bothers me.

As happy as I am that we have more information to work with, it's absolutely NO comparison to the amount of sadness I feel for Missy & her loved ones tonight. :sigh:

G'night all.

I read it as wording used to show cause for search warrant of phone/electronic devices. I read it to be generic. Anyone know if this is typical wording as to reasons for search warrant of a phone?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Generic wording. Small town police force, big city problems surrounding them. Few murders so they also train with DEA, IRS, etc and get certified to handle local topical problems like gangs and drugs etc.

The class was moved indoors because of rain. If the event was planned, what was the plan in case of good weather?

Not really moved indoors, but to under the awning. Normally they had it out in the parking lot. I don't know what Missy was doing inside the church.

Here is one: The husband and FIL seem to have the same penguin like walk about them.
I noticed this also. I've tried so hard to keep my opinions to myself as of course I know nothing for certain. But the walk on that fil was enough that if he wasn't on TV and I saw him in real life in that area I'd call a tip in....seriously.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

The more I view the video the more I wonder if this perp or perps really were there just to rob the place. So many people desperate for money especially in states with high illegal populations. If he/she was just there to kill someone why waste so much time and effort breaking into all of the doors, leaving behind trace evidence, and risk being seen or heard. Most intelligent people would think churches have no money in them, but maybe this perp thought they might from the Sunday donations. Maybe it's a parishioner, a janitor, or some repairman who worked there recently. I am starting to think this really may have been an attempted burglary gone bad. Burglaries are extremely common especially at that time of day. He/she may have also thought secretary might show up eventually and he could force her to turn over the cash. Also, the fact that he meandered around calmly makes me think he wasn't expecting anyone to show up for a long time and was probably surprised when Missy did. If he was lying in wait for her he wouldn't be smashing things loudly and leaving glass everywhere that would certainly scare her away, he'd be hiding somewhere ready to pounce. Also, new info show's weapons of death were his B&E tools and something he found in church's kitchen, which makes me think he didn't plan to kill anyone or he would have brought a knife or gun or something specifically to kill someone. Carrying a gun during the commission of a B&E is worse than no gun. Also the investment in the strange fake police get-up and headlight gear etc screams professional B&E guy to me who killed because he couldn't risk getting caught and maybe deported or sent back to jail.

I noticed this also. I've tried so hard to keep my opinions to myself as of course I know nothing for certain. But the walk on that fil was enough that if he wasn't on TV and I saw him in real life in that area I'd call a tip in....seriously.

. I think a lot of people with fat stomachs have that walk and they were both out of town at the time supposedly.

. I think a lot of people with fat stomachs have that walk and they were both out of town at the time supposedly.
I agree. Just another odd coincident.

That's what I think, the woods beyond the church, except no one was there to pick him up. I think he avoided the church driveway and Hwy 287. The rain would help him evade bloodhounds if they had brought them out. He had a tremendous headstart 40-45 minutes before first patrol car arrives - that's 3 miles walking if he's fit. He could have gone on either creek bank, Prong or Waxahatchie. At some point (by time on his watch and plan), he removes all that gear, he looks to have on layers of clothes and an empty backpack. Skinny jeans, t-shirt, ballcap and a red flannel shirt later, backpack full of gear, just keep walking to his truck parked at whatever, Walmart, hospital, anywhere there are cars and he could park overnight unnoticed.

Interesting...especially the part about the rain helping him evade the bloodhounds!

Here is one: The husband and FIL seem to have the same penguin like walk about them.

When I think of men past a certain age, I think that walk is very common. Knees go bad, carrying extra weight, etc etc.

Less so with women. I haven't thought it was a female perp for a while now though.

This has all the earmarks of an attempted burglary gone wrong. Thats why they haven't IDed the perp or perps yet. That's also why he didn't park under surveillance cameras and why he disguised himself and why he was in no hurry while smashing glass and prying doors inside church, clearly looking for cash or electronics. He didn't think anyone would come in probably for hours. He killed her because she surprised him, probably saw his face, and he didn't want to either go back to jail or get deported. He invested in all of the tools of the trade and had to use those as well as whatever else was at his disposal to kill her as he wasn't prepared to kill anyone that day. Probably walked there or hid car streets away. My money's on B&E gone wrong. The crime is extremely common and statistically this is the most probable by a mile. If he worked alone they may never catch him.

BBM

That's possible, I suppose, but how did the perp get out of the sanctuary/auditorium without crossing a hallway (unless one of the hallways didn't have a working camera?)

I think there are exit doors on the wall marked stage area that go to the back hallway, fire codes probably require them. I think the suspect crossed the entire auditorium to the opposite corner, door closest to the two busted double doors, and exited fast enough to not be caught on camera. OR, they broke some of the cameras (near their exit back doors or kitchen) after being sure they were seen on video committing "burglary/robbery". The police only said "not seen again" - they did not indicate why (like if some cameras were broken). He did not break the camera where Missy entered because she might notice the damage, or along the main hallway because he didn't need to. MOO.

Most recent search warrant - Missy's iPhone and iPad. I downloaded and converted so it is now searchable. Feel free to download if anyone wants it.

Thank you so much for posting this!

This has all the earmarks of an attempted burglary gone wrong. Thats why they haven't IDed the perp or perps yet. That's also why he didn't park under surveillance cameras and why he disguised himself and why he was in no hurry while smashing glass and prying doors inside church, clearly looking for cash or electronics. He didn't think anyone would come in probably for hours. He killed her because she surprised him, probably saw his face, and he didn't want to either go back to jail or get deported. He invested in all of the tools of the trade and had to use those as well as whatever else was at his disposal to kill her as he wasn't prepared to kill anyone that day. Probably walked there or hid car streets away. My money's on B&E gone wrong. The crime is extremely common and statistically this is the most probable by a mile. If he worked alone they may never catch him.

IMO burglers don't saunter around, they go straight for the money/goods. The perp in this case was not carrying a duffel bag to retrieve items. A burgler would also not wear such an elaborate disguise for a few church trinkets and a wad of cash. A burgler would not stop and look at a religious saying on the wall (Holy Grounds) nor would he stop and look at the Community Bulletin Board. LE already confirmed it was only a feigned burglery, with the destruction of the windows, etc. The sole intent was to ambush MB and kill her.

I would also like to point out that, statistically, for MB to be murdered on the one day her husband is away on his yearly fishing trip, are off the charts. 80,000,000 to one is my guess!

What i found interesting is that they didnt have a warrant for her phone and IPAD until around 5pm the following day. Had someone fiddled with it since then? removing or hiding that last post from the night before.

I don't think the cops are going to like that. As it says they intend to look through her social media.

catching up so may have already been discussed, sorry if so
The Ipad was in the truck (it is listed on the search warrant for the truck) That's when I figured out that the cellphone wasn't listed there and had to be with her. Once they retrieved the Ipad from the truck, then they had to get the warrant to look into the IPad and the phone separate. They would have had the cellphone in evidence from the crime scene. JMHO

With the horrifying COD, I think this was drug related. It was done to send a message. Not to MB, but to someone close to her that angered a big-time drug dealer. Perhaps someone who became addicted to prescription pain meds and then turned to the black market.

IMO burglers don't saunter around, they go straight for the money/goods. The perp in this case was not carrying a duffel bag to retrieve items. A burgler would also not wear such an elaborate disguise for a few church trinkets and a wad of cash. A burgler would not stop and look at a religious saying on the wall (Holy Grounds) nor would he stop and look at the Community Bulletin Board. LE already confirmed it was only a feigned burglery, with the destruction of the windows, etc. The sole intent was to ambush MB and kill her.

I would also like to point out that, statistically, for MB to be murdered on the one day her husband is away on his yearly fishing trip, are off the charts. 80,000,000 to one is my guess!

I completely disagree. They'd be much more likely to dress that way and carry all of those common B&E tools if professional B&E robber knowing most businesses have surveillance. Also, they can't go "straight for the goods" if they have no clue where the goods are. This perp obviously was looking for something, not lying in wait to kill someone IMO. People love to look for the big mystery filled with secrets etc, but I bet it's just the usual attempted robbery gone wrong. Happens all of the time.

I made a video clip of RB walking with a split screen of Fake Cop walking, and they're sooo similar. I can't upload it anywhere unless I pay $$ for the app I used and I don't want to buy it lol. I've been watching people walk everywhere I go for 2 weeks and haven't seen a gait like that anywhere yet.

With the horrifying COD, I think this was drug related. It was done to send a message. Not to MB, but to someone close to her that angered a big-time drug dealer. Perhaps someone who became addicted to prescription pain meds and then turned to the black market.

That's not even necessary. In an area as big as Dallas, a person could Doctor hop and get tons of Rx pain pills. You wouldn't BELIEVE the amount of opiates and benzos I see prescribed to people sometimes. Especially with a legitimate chronic pain issue - it would be so easy to get pain pills.

I completely disagree. They'd be much more likely to dress that way and carry all of those common B&E tools if professional B&E robber knowing most businesses have surveillance. Also, they can't go "straight for the goods" if they have no clue where the goods are. This perp obviously was looking for something, not lying in wait to kill someone IMO. People love to look for the big mystery filled with secrets etc, but I bet it's just the usual attempted robbery gone wrong. Happens all of the time.

Well your line of thinking sure has changed a lot in the last few hours!!

Editing to add that I didn't mean that's a bad thing - just that I noticed it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member