TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but after a year or two, how are you going to continue to pull this off? How many refills do the docs give? And a bottle of 30 only runs around $10, wow that's a lot cheaper than I thought. I know a little about addiction although my drug of choice was always in a fancy glass not pill bottles.

Well, if the person has a real chronic pain condition, they can get prescribed as many as 180 pills at a time. Obviously that would cost more than $10 but it would still be less than a street price of $900-1800!

I've literally had patients who are addicts, and their docs know it, who would still prescribe them 180 oxycodone the day they left treatment. Some docs really seriously do not care.

How can the first call be at 5:06 and the fire service arrive at 5:07? How far away is the fire station?
:silly: someone looked it up for me when I said that seem like pretty fast time getting there (getting call, jump in veh and haull a$$) It was 7 miles, what the member found. LOL But they dispatched the call prior to that lol. So honestly its either a typo or maybe a second call. JMHO but it not inline factual with other times released. I am sticking with orig. & making notes. But the Orig also said she entered into building at 420 but Captain Spann said at new conf that 418 he thought

My husband almost lost his arm and getting pain meds filled from the number one trauma center in the world is difficult. One Pharmacy would not fill them because they were from a different county...an hour away and again the number one hospital. The DEA has changed their regulations and they really limit it even when it's legit.

That's why they're the best trauma center - because they're doing things right!

Sorry, I must have missed something - why are we discussing prescription drugs? Was Missy taking them or someone else?

Also off topic, and again I might have missed it but another trainer was shot dead just a few miles up the road on Monday after intervening in a domestic. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...n-killed-trying-help-wounded-Texas-woman.html. They've already got the killer, but it's been a sad month for fitness in that area :(

:silly: someone looked it up for me when I said that seem like pretty fast time getting there (getting call, jump in veh and haull a$$) It was 7 miles, what the member found. LOL But they dispatched the call prior to that lol. So honestly its either a typo or maybe a second call. JMHO but it not inline factual with other times released. I am sticking with orig. & making notes. But the Orig also said she entered into building at 420 but Captain Spann said at new conf that 418 he thought

Hmmm, it could be that the CCTV timing was found to be slightly out, but I doubt the 911 call centre would have that issue. I do wish LE would clear things like this up, I mean one minute to get there is physically impossible so their timeline is inaccurate. Perhaps 5:06 was the second call, but if so why not say?

Sorry, I must have missed something - why are we discussing prescription drugs? Was Missy taking them or someone else?

Just theorizing that she was murdered as a punishment to someone close to her, who perhaps was a prescription drug addict and thus had contact with drug dealers. The way she was killed was so horrific that it says "drug related" to me.

“............They are counted as righteous because of their faith....
........If God’s promise is only for those who obey the law (the laws brought forth from Moses), then faith is not necessary and the promise is pointless.”
Romans 4:11, 14 NLT

That's BB's Facebook scripture post today.

Originally Posted by SpanishInquisition View Post
Yes, I've not seen there being any outer set, just those being the only set unlike the main entrance where there is clear double set of doors.

=verbonica;12522634]I know what you mean, but it would be hard to believe that a set of doors leading directly to the outside would be left open.
Respectfully BBM. There are 2 sets of doors. You can see in this photo. Zoom in if it helps. *like they have at most stores and malls, to help with heating/cooling. when a lot of traffic of opening doors missy bevers TODAY 4 20 CHURCH SS 4.JPG missy bevers TODAY 4 20 CHURCH SS 4.JPG

“............They are counted as righteous because of their faith....
........If God’s promise is only for those who obey the law (the laws brought forth from Moses), then faith is not necessary and the promise is pointless.”
Romans 4:11, 14 NLT

That's BB's Facebook scripture post today.

What does that even mean? is it about forgiveness? Just seems like he's posting random verses.

In all honesty. His wife was the sole person to set up these events at 4am or so. Also the town may be safe. But highway passersbys looking to abduct women while passing through is not uncommon at all.

Some female joggers have gotten ambushed while jogging on the nicest trails in the nicest parks while being alone sun-up or sun-down.

Plus his babies was left home alone as well while she was doing these mostly womens lib fitness classes (even though plenty of males are campers as well ).

So maybe hubby thought that she felt too indestructible and he was simply telling her that stuff happens and be careful and maybe you should think things through with being the only person out there to start setting up at 4am. Jmo.

Plus since hubby was out of town. He couldn't be there to help her in 10 minutes if she did call to say something was wrong.

The most nicest and desolate towns are picked by certain predators as well. Jmo.

So I have said this threads back and I will say it again. I do not blame hubby for sounding worried for her safety.

Regarding the bolded part, I have no words, except to wonder if I've wandered into 1885.

It is regulated and you cannot doctor hop. Things have changed. IMO

It's not nearly as strictly regulated as you may think. I deal with addicts every day and the pharmacy records I see are unbelievable.

When I think of men past a certain age, I think that walk is very common. Knees go bad, carrying extra weight, etc etc.

Less so with women. I haven't thought it was a female perp for a while now though.

Exactly. That's why I'm convinced it's a man. Some think it's a pregnant female, but generally speaking, pregnant women may waddle, but they also tend to arch their backs to compensate for carrying so much weight up front in one area. This perp, rather than ARCHING the back, has that rounded shouldered, neck thrust out neck look that I associate with older men, not pregnant women.

IMO....

Purely technically the perp could have gone out one of the windows by the side entrance:
http://media.nbcdfw.com/images/620*349/midlothian-church-raw_1200x675_668438595677.jpg
I don't subscribe to this that there was a window exit where the perp then closed the window back up to look normal unlike other locations, but it would be an answer as to how the perp got out of there without being on camera again.

JMHO The short time frame going out that side the arriving campers would have seen. Suspect didn't stick around.

Per Chief Smith and Captain Spann in press conf that afternoon they didnt have any evidence that Suspect went out either of the 2nd and 3rd windows broken. (those would be the kitchen window, and the double doors at the end of the hallway the kitchens are on). They think the Suspect went back out the way came in, through the metal door (that leads into the kitchen) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

What does that even mean? is it about forgiveness? Just seems like he's posting random verses.

I'm not sure what it means. His daily verse selections have been so odd. Had these posts happened before the murder, I'd try to stop myself from reading too much into them but in my opinion, everything he does or says publicly is fair game for scrutiny. My take is that he's venting via scripture.

I'm usually on the "people grieve differently" bandwagon with everyone else when a horrible thing like this happens and try to rein in any auto-judgment I may have of how someone's grief should look but so far, even with all the time he's spent in front of a camera talking, there hasn't been enough grief shown for me to even stop myself from being judgmental. There are explanations for this other than guilt, and I acknowledge that.

It's pretty obvious where I lean in my opinion (worth absolutely nothing, by the way) of what general direction the evidence is pointing but if I am wrong, I will truly and genuinely be relieved to be wrong. To lose your mom, your daughter, your sister in such a violent, horrific way is more than my mind can imagine and my hope is that those girls have a strong and loving Dad there to comfort them and help them deal with this nightmare.

Not caught up yet... Question - the propane tank outside the kitchen side of the building - how large is it? Texas sized? (haha) - as big as a car? Or like a barrel size? I saw one photo and it looked fairly small, a barrel on it's side. I want to know if it provided some cover for the suspect breaking in through that particular door. On arkansasmimi/PippaPal's new improved floor plan, I see the suspect chose his two escapes (plan A/plan B) on the two sides that cannot be seen from Hwy 287, and that also lead to the creek and trees. Thank you.

JMHO, I thinking that IF the Suspect didn't already know there was no alarm... maybe thats why broke the back hallway door (by dumpster) and the Kitchen window. Could very well have broken... left property/hid and then when no LEO or key holder showed up then broke the kitchen door and went in. It was posted large sign that had video surveillance. For whatever the reason, it was a well thought out in advance plan.

This has all the earmarks of an attempted burglary gone wrong. Thats why they haven't IDed the perp or perps yet. That's also why he didn't park under surveillance cameras and why he disguised himself and why he was in no hurry while smashing glass and prying doors inside church, clearly looking for cash or electronics. He didn't think anyone would come in probably for hours. He killed her because she surprised him, probably saw his face, and he didn't want to either go back to jail or get deported. He invested in all of the tools of the trade and had to use those as well as whatever else was at his disposal to kill her as he wasn't prepared to kill anyone that day. Probably walked there or hid car streets away. My money's on B&E gone wrong. The crime is extremely common and statistically this is the most probable by a mile. If he worked alone they may never catch him.

I respectfully disagree. The burglar could have easily left without being seen or just run away. I don't think a burglar would have stopped in the kitchen for a knife if this was a B&E also there was nothing stollen. In my opinion this was a premeditated murder. Especially with the face and chest wounds which suggest rage, anger, jealousy or a crime of passion.

Jumping off one of my earlier posts regarding "LE uniform but no gun", what does it take to be UNABLE to obtain a gun in that state/county? Age, criminal record, etc?

In other words, why were blunt instruments needed when a gun would be faster?

Anyone who isn't in jail can obtain a gun. Probably even some who are in jail can get one.

....I really have no clue what I think about this case....

It perplexes me that tools from the church were involved in this, and left behind. Presumably they also had their own tools to break in with to start with. Then is it a burglar coming across tools and thinking, 'hey these are cool, lemme use these' (but you would think a burglar who was serious enough to have such a disguise would also have a serious tool kit of their own) or is it somebody with a purpose who also bumped into these tools or already knew they were there.

If it's a burglar then that was "good work" in the heat of the moment, after just attacking somebody, to manage to remember to sort the tools out and leave the church tools behind and take your own. If it's somebody with a purpose - that was very good thinking because now you've used something which has no connection to you (except for that little point that maybe you already knew they were there in the church), which you don't need to take home and which isn't going to be missed from home if it disappears - because why would you risk keeping the weapon.

2 1/2 weeks later and I still switch between it being a burglar who's probably going to lay low for a long time and probably won't be using that disguise again (and if it's a burglar, probably very difficult to trace back to them) and somebody who targeted MB and who possibly owns boxsets of every CSI season(!).

I'm still leaning a bit towards the side of it being targeted and very planned by somebody who appears to really want to get away with it. I wonder how they're pulling off being psychologically the same after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni