TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen LE use the word "trauma", but I might have missed it. I missed a bunch of stuff last night.

They have used the term "wound" all along in the documents I have seen.

Good point! "Head wound" was being used by LE but somehow that got changed in some minds to "head trauma" and then "blunt force trauma."

For example, this news station reported, "We know Bevers died from head trauma done by an “unknown instrument,” but police are not releasing specifics on how she died." http://www.kcentv.com/story/31797041/new-video-released-in-midlothian-murder-investigation

So it is no wonder we had various forms of trauma floating around.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...tness-instructors-slaying-in-midlothian.html/

Hi guys, I apologise for asking about something that I must have missed, in the warrant I read that the wounds were consistent with tools the subject was seen carrying around the church.
Now I have read here in a few places that the tools were "from" the church but I cannot find this in the warrant. Is this just opinion or fact?
My opinion is that perp had his own breaching tools.
Thanks in advance for any links found. This case has grown legs and keeps getting away from me.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

That's why WS likes us to use links and facts only. There are pages upon pages of things that have grown legs. JMHO we do not know anything other that what appear in latest warrant stating "Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

**and those are injuries found, not the COD released by MPD from Autopsy Report.

Something that has been on my mind lately is the last minute decision to move the class inside/under awning because of bad weather. Does this murder take place if that doesn't happen? What time did MB post that the class was being moved inside? I thought it was 9pm the night before but I could be wrong. Assuming the killer reads that post at exactly 9pm then that would give them roughly only 6 hours to plan this thing out. Can someone confirm what time MB posted that the class was being moved inside?

If the weather is good and the class is not moved inside then does MB even enter the church? If she does enter the church no matter rain or sunshine then the killer would have to know this, or else their just "hoping" she enters the church. And then they would have to have general knowledge of what rooms she would enter considering the size of the church. All seems like a huge gamble or someone knew MB routine on the mornings of the camps. I guess my biggest question does MB enter the church for every camp she holds at the church no matter what the weather is like?

No, I believe the murder still happens, b/c (I believe) MB had to open the church to provide restroom facilities to the campers.

So if you're the perp leaving:

Do you go to your car parked around back and possibly (you have to right?) pass people sitting in the parking lot already(?) or coming in the 1 way in and out drive?
Run into the woods and jump on your bike or ATV? Still don't you need a road eventually? Would you get stuck? Where is your destination and who or what cameras see you?
Change out of your killer clothes-hide them in the ceiling of the kitchen (I liked that theory several pages back) wash up in the sink and blend in without the duffle bag OR put the killer clothes in a bag in your trunk which isn't likely searched by police on the scene IMO and blend in as a regular/new camper or trainer/church employee or worker/first responder or LE/neighbor or nearby business employee/passer by etc who is as shocked as everyone else but you are secretly enjoying watching the mayhem of the chaos you created. Sicko.
You could also pull around from the back and quickly post on FB "Is this the right place, there are police everywhere" and leave without ever getting out of your car which has your killer clothes in the trunk.
Run off into the woods and hide for hours until the scene is cleared? Then what? Risk being seen in the daylight?
Have your getaway driver pick you up?
Go to the airport to your plane?

What did I miss?

I agree with MrsArk. It was storming as confirmed via the weather so how did the killer stay dry? I still feel they changed at the church either before or after the murder. Maybe both? IMO

Someone was listing coincidences on the previous thread: This is a bit of foreshadowing but how about the FB post in early March where he related his dream about (name I can't recall ) wife having been murdered. That creeperd me out. It "plants the seed" that wives being murdered is not unheard of.

Please note that the above is pure conjecture and speculation on my part. But it sticks in my mind as being pertinent somehow.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

It was dark outside, approximately 2 hours before sunrise, and there were large thunderstorms with pouring rain in the area at the time, so I tend to think the perp wouldn't have been easily spotted running towards the woods, for example, due to those factors. However, then the perp would risk leaving a bunch of footprints in the soggy ground, so I don't know if he/she would want to take that chance.

To me going on foot to the airport actually seems the safest. The MPD is a small town police force, so they don't exactly have a lot of resources and would need to have a reason to direct their limited resources to finding footprints in the dirt, which even if they did think they found footprints, those could be old and I don't think they have any K9 scenthounds as there's no mention of any K9s on the force. LE can easily get patrol cars on scene to pull people over in vehicles, but tracking people on foot is a deliberate decision that I don't think the small town force could make without good reason. Eventually LE might get info from the airport, but by the time that comes back the perp is long gone. The proximity of the airport to me undercuts anyone's alibi since whoever did this could have flown in and out of there from another state in a private plane. Neither FIL nor BB appear to have the strength or training to do something like this as it sounds like both strength and skill were involved, but if they did them being out of state wouldn't have stopped them from flying in then flying back out of state as by plane it's not that far and if it's a private plane it's not like there's passenger lists and charges to your credit card that you'd get using a commercial flight, but you can show your subsequent commercial flight home as an alibi to you being out of state during the whole time. There could be other people who were out of state that we don't know about that had reasons for wanting to do Missy in and if these people do exist, the out of state excuse just won't cut it for me as you'd have to have credible witnesses who can cover for the time where you could have gotten into a private plane, done the murder and flown back instead of just showing you were booked into a hotel and your commercial flight records.

I am confused about some things now. I assumed that the killer entered the building through a door near the propane tank? MB was found in the SW area of the building.

"The Video shows Terri Bevers walking
toward Where the suspects location. Neither the suspect nor victim, were seen again on
video. The victim Was later found deceased at the south west corner of the interior of the
building."

So the bad guy/girl would have to back track though a good portion of the church (in order to leave the way he came in, as stated in the press conference) and not once trigger a camera?

Apologies if this has been discussed. Hard thread to stay current with, especially playing catch up during the evenings.
There is one simple thing I can't figure out, though. How did the perp remain (appear) dry on film, without footprints of some kind left in the church, where s/he wandered for 30'ish mins before MB's arrival? I can't imagine the weight of all of that gear when wet!
Did s/he put on the Police looking gear at the church out of camera's view and wipe footprints?
I was leaning one way- then the other- now back to no other plausible explanation except the perp was there for one purpose: murder MB.

These are great questions that we have not really been able to pursue. Why does the perp look dry? The weather was pretty awful at that time. Did the perp use an umbrella to stay dry in their SWAT gear?? (I am being facetious.)

And if the perp was on camera walking around inside, why are they suddenly not on camera once they commit the murder?

Then again, how do we know for sure that the perp is NOT on camera after the commit the murder? This could be purposeful misinformation. It is tough to speculate well when we might not have correct information.

I'm still stuck on the perp's exit. We've tossed around a few ideas but, to me, that still is a big mystery.

Someone posted an aerial shot of the building which was really helpful. Does anyone have that handy to post again?

There is a wooded area that could be reached on foot fairly quickly, though there is a risk of being spotted between the building and the woods. Perhaps a car was stashed back there?

The other possibility that I haven't let go of is that the perp didn't leave after the murder, but stripped off the outfit, stashed the gear in a workout bag, and blended in. Though that does leave the problem of the car - where was his/her car? People would notice if you were there but your car wasn't.

Tick tock tick tock tick tock....I do hear that timer clicking....

I just cant get myself to go with the running off in the woods theory. My reasoning is because of the weather (heavy rain and storming) and with that get up the Suspect was in, would have been even more clumbsy trying to run off in the rain.. Plus there would have been footprints easily seen, broken brush... I havent heard of anyone seeing LEO out there making prints and they also had a police dog out there. JMHO I believe Suspect was in a vehicle.

Good point! "Head wound" was being used by LE but somehow that got changed in some minds to "head trauma" and then "blunt force trauma."

For example, this news station reported, "We know Bevers died from head trauma done by an “unknown instrument,” but police are not releasing specifics on how she died." http://www.kcentv.com/story/31797041/new-video-released-in-midlothian-murder-investigation

So it is no wonder we had various forms of trauma floating around.

http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...tness-instructors-slaying-in-midlothian.html/

You are right on the wording. But something I was just noticing when researching hammer killing. It seems like they get put in to the same category as other "blunt" objects like clubs and metal pipes.

But i see puncture to mean it was the sharp side of the hammer versus the blunt end... I hate to think it.

Well I don't think the husband went to that church nor did he go with Missy in the mornings to know where she would go in the church while prepping for the start of class.

So I don't think hubby could diagram the entire layout of the church and cameras to a hitman.

So I think the perp is more affiliated with the CG and the church. And they also personally drew the blueprints of where everything is. Jmo.

Hi guys, I apologise for asking about something that I must have missed, in the warrant I read that the wounds were consistent with tools the subject was seen carrying around the church.
Now I have read here in a few places that the tools were "from" the church but I cannot find this in the warrant. Is this just opinion or fact?
My opinion is that perp had his own breaching tools.
Thanks in advance for any links found. This case has grown legs and keeps getting away from me.

I don't find any mention regarding tools from the church in the warrant. I did find it reported in an article, though. I wonder if it was anywhere in a press video, perhaps.

Midlothian police released a longer clip showing the person walking through different parts of the church and swinging what appears to be a large hammer. Police indicated it was found near her body along with other tools from the church

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mi...ounds-to-Head-and-Chest-Police-378026341.html

These are great questions that we have not really been able to pursue. Why does the perp look dry? The weather was pretty awful at that time. Did the perp use an umbrella to stay dry in their SWAT gear?? (I am being facetious.)

And if the perp was on camera walking around inside, why are they suddenly not on camera once they commit the murder?

Then again, how do we know for sure that the perp is NOT on camera after the commit the murder? This could be purposeful misinformation. It is tough to speculate well when we might not have correct information.

I take what's in legal documents to be factual - though it can be intentionally misleading - so I don't think anything in search warrants is misinformation. Anything said outside of a courtroom or legal filing is far game for misinformation though. If LE intentionally lied to a judge in their search warrant application that could result in whatever evidence that was obtained from the search being thrown out.

Well I don't think the husband went to that church nor did he go with Missy in the mornings to know where she would go in the church while prepping for the start of class.

So I don't think hubby could diagram the entire layout of the church and cameras to a hitman.

So I think the perp is more affiliated with the CG and the church. And they also personally drew the blueprints of where everything is. Jmo.

So many good points this morning!

I'm leaning toward someone affiliated with CG rather than with the church, but I totally agree that it was someone who had been in the church before and someone who knew Missy's routine. (Or was told this information by someone else.)

And what a good question - why was perp dry when it was storming outside when s/he arrived at 3:50am? (Didn't the rain let up by class time?)
The perp must have changed into the outfit at the church upon arrival, which make me think s/he changed again at the church after the murder.

jmopinion

So if you're the perp leaving:

Do you go to your car parked around back and possibly (you have to right?) pass people sitting in the parking lot already(?) or coming in the 1 way in and out drive?
Run into the woods and jump on your bike or ATV? Still don't you need a road eventually? Would you get stuck? Where is your destination and who or what cameras see you?
Change out of your killer clothes-hide them in the ceiling of the kitchen (I liked that theory several pages back) wash up in the sink and blend in without the duffle bag OR put the killer clothes in a bag in your trunk which isn't likely searched by police on the scene IMO and blend in as a regular/new camper or trainer/church employee or worker/first responder or LE/neighbor or nearby business employee/passer by etc who is as shocked as everyone else but you are secretly enjoying watching the mayhem of the chaos you created. Sicko.
You could also pull around from the back and quickly post on FB "Is this the right place, there are police everywhere" and leave without ever getting out of your car which has your killer clothes in the trunk.
Run off into the woods and hide for hours until the scene is cleared? Then what? Risk being seen in the daylight?
Have your getaway driver pick you up?
Go to the airport to your plane?

What did I miss?

I agree with MrsArk. It was storming as confirmed via the weather so how did the killer stay dry? I still feel they changed at the church either before or after the murder. Maybe both? IMO

Great questions! I'm wondering the same things.

It seems the killer was really lucky with the weather and rain. The heavy rains, I believe, would have washed away any footprints. There is so much concrete and then green grass there would be no footprints. But it seems as if s/he came in the rain there would have been definitive evidence in the church and makes me think the perp snuck in earlier the day before and spent the night there. They were having a blood drive that Sunday too. Maybe s/he brought the gear and planted at an earlier time in the church?

How did s/he leave? I believe it was from the kitchen and the door that had the handle missing. It would seem this church needs more cameras than it has JMO. If there were indeed no cameras in the kitchen area then the perp had no worries by leaving the same way s/he entered. Getaway vehicle was parked out of the range of camera. I need to look at ARKANSASmimi's most excellent "blueprint". But how did the perp know all of this? One would have to think this perp was extremely lucky! Who gets that lucky?

Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
Well crap lol I got caught on the last thread so just moving it over here:

Respectfully, the Autopsy COD has not been officially released. What we do have are 2 search warrants by 2 different people on 2 different days noting injuries on the deceased. And both of these documents have dependencies in them from the time line released by MPD Assist Chief Johnson on April 22. So right now its still in the fact finding stage. JMHO

Affidavit for Search Warrant (for veh)
Steven Cooper #139, commander MPD
On 4/18/2016 at approximately 0500 Midlothian Police Officers responded to an unresponsive person....deceased from a head wound
Judge Bob Carroll signed april 18, 1016 6:25pm
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Hea...1.html#warrant

Application and affidavit in support of eventiary search warrant (iphone & iPad)
Investigator Cody Moon
On april 18, 2016 at approximately 506 hours Midlothian Police received a call of an unresponsive person..
"Terri Bevers' had multiple puncture wounds found on her head and chest are consistent with the tools the suspect was carrying throughout the building."
sworn before me april 19, 2016 556pm
Judge Bob Carrol signed April 19, 2016 556pm
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Mis...378026341.html

Mimi, thanks for noting this info. I wanted to comment on the last thread but it was closed while I was reading it.

We somehow got the word "blunt" included in our descriptions, when that words was not used by LE. They always indicated "head trauma," which is NOT (necessarily) "blunt head trauma."
Your very welcome. Its like the telephone game... repeated as it told over and over. Media is just as bad.Using little teaser words. Best to stick with the facts of what LEO say and the Laws, because that is what is going to be what Pros and Def go with in Trial. That's what I follow on cases. I have great empathy for all involved. No one deserves to be harmed by anyone. No matter who or what they are or have. Everyone feels bad for them but ... JMHO I think WS is about finding the facts and staying with that. Adding words to what was stated in the legal papers is changing everything. LOL in this case no telling how many people are writing affidavits for search warrants... but I want them all to be factual. It will come back and in a bad way.

I just cant get myself to go with the running off in the woods theory. My reasoning is because of the weather (heavy rain and storming) and with that get up the Suspect was in, would have been even more clumbsy trying to run off in the rain.. Plus there would have been footprints easily seen, broken brush... I havent heard of anyone seeing LEO out there making prints and they also had a police dog out there. JMHO I believe Suspect was in a vehicle.

I agree with you, I can't see escaping into the woods being easy with all of that gear he/she was wearing. I drove by the church area this wknd and the land next to the church (opposite of creek) is fenced off. You can't get into it with a car, at least I couldn't see how you would be able to and running/hiding into the creek while it's pouring rain wouldn't be possible. Poi wouldn't be able to hide there forever and LE would eventually catch him/her. Airport is a small private airport and if I'm correct there is a little check security/station and one entrance going in and out as well. And a few years back an old high school classmate of mine used to work there as police/security guard. So I can't see the poi trying to run/hide there....

I don't find any mention regarding tools from the church in the warrant. I did find it reported in an article, though. I wonder if it was anywhere in a press video, perhaps.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video] showing the person walking through different parts of the church and swinging what appears to be a large hammer. Police indicated it was found near her body along with other tools from the church
Thank you spellbound. I'm trying to get my facts in line. I think bringing vs obtaining there are huge differences. Bringing can point to a pre meditated planned hit. Obtaining at church could point to a member with knowledge of property.

For now I think what's in warrants to be more exact and maybe what's released to media is more calculated towards tripping a suspect up?

I agree with you, I can't see escaping into the woods being easy with all of that gear he/she was wearing. I drove by the church area this wknd and the land next to the church (opposite of creek) is fenced off. You can't get into it with a car, at least I couldn't see how you would be able to and running/hiding into the creek while it's pouring rain wouldn't be possible. Poi wouldn't be able to hide there forever and LE would eventually catch him/her. Airport is a small private airport and if I'm correct there is a little check security/station and one entrance going in and out as well. And a few years back an old high school classmate of mine used to work there as police/security guard. So I can't see the poi trying to run/hide there....

Great info. The fence at the woods area and the security at the airport put them in the "Unlikely" column, imo. Where was this perp's vehicle stashed?!

Could an accomplice have picked him/her up?

jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member