TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have tried very hard to see a face in the most recent perp picture and just see a blob! The first picture looks to be light distorted so not much help in my opinion. That being said, I am certain that LE has better equipment to clarify those pics and all the others they must have of the perp. And I just don't see ANY Facebook red flags at all. BB is acting like a grief stricken man, I expect that to get worse until they find the perp. And In looking at all the great overhead shots of the church, I just don't see how LE doesn't have a pretty good shot of the suspect arriving and leaving the property. One driveway in & out. They saw Missy & the first camper, apparently it was the business cameras up the street that caught them on camera. He has to be there. Entering from anywhere else leads to lots of mud and tracks. The rain stopped around the time the 911 call was made, right?

Hey Guys/Gals,

Did someone post on here there's a High Resolution video out there? I thought I read it, but can't find it. If There is one would someone please post it for me? TIA

Hey Guys/Gals,

Did someone post on here there's a High Resolution video out there? I thought I read it, but can't find it. If There is one would someone please post it for me? TIA

[video=youtube;mSWD1TvaGZ4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSWD1TvaGZ4[/video] this was the video that someone re uploaded and posted here. The users name was Kodiak

Hey Guys/Gals,

Sparky you may be talkin about my post. I said if you and others gave us decent photos IMO Feds with their tech will have great pic and probably an id IMO. Sorry if any confusion.

So I have tried very hard to see a face in the most recent perp picture and just see a blob! The first picture looks to be light distorted so not much help in my opinion. That being said, I am certain that LE has better equipment to clarify those pics and all the others they must have of the perp. And I just don't see ANY Facebook red flags at all. BB is acting like a grief stricken man, I expect that to get worse until they find the perp. And In looking at all the great overhead shots of the church, I just don't see how LE doesn't have a pretty good shot of the suspect arriving and leaving the property. One driveway in & out. They saw Missy & the first camper, apparently it was the business cameras up the street that caught them on camera. He has to be there. Entering from anywhere else leads to lots of mud and tracks. The rain stopped around the time the 911 call was made, right?

FYI, I see the face much better on my phone, via Tapatalk, than I do on my laptop.

I just logged on for the morning, so I'm not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like BB has spoke out again.

Also, I don't remember this being mentioned before..

"Authorities have said they found evidence of forced entry at the church and believe Mrs Bevan may have walked in on a robbery while preparing for her Camp Gladiator fitness class.
They also claimed someone tried to clean up the crime scene.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Texas-church-suspect-SWAT-uniform-speaks.html

http://www.wbap.com/2016/05/05/husband-of-fitness-instructor-speaks/

Obviously the first time I've heard this! I wonder where this came from. :thinking:
Was there time to "clean" and why bother trying to clean up? You trashed the place, now you want to clean? Strange. IMO

Sorry for the rabbit hole "like" thing. It is most likely insignificant but it definitely made me change my own FB settings and seriously purge my "friend" list.
Moving forward, LE has the ability to see the video/perp's face much clearer than we can and I was thinking about this as well as the initial statements the police made to the killer. I don't have the link but it was something to the effect of them urging the killer to seek help and talk to someone. I think the consensus here was that it was a very gentle statement coming from LE.
So, that would seem to me that they had a specific person in my mind. (MOO). The same can be said for the MIL's letter to the killer and the SIL's statements. They all very clearly had someone in mind IMO.
The MIL has since stated that they had a guess and were wrong.
So, here is my latest thoughts:
1. LE Told the family their guess was wrong but it wasn't
Which leads to why? Time to gather more evidence, surveillance, explore accomplices or ties to family?
2. LE Told their guess is wrong and it's wrong
I do find it curious that they all initially had someone in mind...and MOO this someone seemed to be a female according to the impression I got from the family
Also, I recently saw (before this murder) a video clip of FBI enhanced footage and it took them a month so I'm wondering if LE has a better image of the killer now than they did when they made initial statements
ok, that's my ramblings for now. Would love to hear your thoughts.

I just logged on for the morning, so I'm not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like BB has spoke out again.

Also, I don't remember this being mentioned before..

"Authorities have said they found evidence of forced entry at the church and believe Mrs Bevan may have walked in on a robbery while preparing for her Camp Gladiator fitness class.
They also claimed someone tried to clean up the crime scene.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...Texas-church-suspect-SWAT-uniform-speaks.html

http://www.wbap.com/2016/05/05/husband-of-fitness-instructor-speaks/

This is the first we are hearing about the perp trying to clean up the crime scene. Has anyone seen that mentioned before? Not sure I believe that. Did they really have time to do that? The timeline is tight as is. And WHY would they clean up? Unless the perp was trying to clean up evidence he/she left behind?

Hmmm....going to just put that tidbit to the side for now. It doesn't make sense to me.

From what I've seen of these CG Trainers' pages, they promote promote promote their businesses. Posting about Missy being murdered while setting up for a class isn't going to bring in business. I don't think not mentioning Missy's murder is suspicious.

Excellent point. It's not exactly good for business to post about a trainer murdered at a 5 AM class and then say, hey, come on down to my 5AM class!

I don't think it means the tools were actually FROM the church. I think they are saying other tools were found around her body they saw inside there.

For instance..Let's say she was killed in the parking lot. They would have said: "Police indicated the hammer was found near her body along with other tools FROM THE PARKING LOT." I believe that's the context here.

Agree 100%

Regarding the discussions about BB's health and seeming to want attention. He's a man and he's been ill. My husband is a big baby when he's ill. He gets the sniffles and you'd think he's dying! I know my husband isn't the only one who does this, so maybe we can chalk it up to that? Maybe?

The telecommunications expert on Nancy Grace last night said there are 3 cell towers near the church. I don't know if he is correct, but here's what he said:

GRACE: I`m chasing my tail trying to talk with you about this.

Ben Levitan, telecommunications expert, we know her car is still in impound. Tonight, the bombshell is she dies from stab wounds to the chest, to the head. We know the perp killed Missy head on by stabbing her in the chest. Are the stab wounds to her face?

Why is it so critical, Ben Levitan, that they get access and can break into her iPhone and her iPad? Why is it so important?

BEN LEVITAN, TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT (via telephone): Well, Nancy, you`re absolutely right, I can`t tell you how many cases we find today that people are having an ongoing dispute by text message with someone who they eventually end up having a conflict with. If we could get into her cell phone, we could determine if she was having some sort of conflict.

The other thing that`s important here, Nancy, this is a very rural town, 21,000 people. There`s only three cell towers in the vicinity of the church. As you said before, we could -- the police have probably done a cell phone dump, and they will be able to know every cell phone that was in the area of the church at this hour, 4:00 AM on a Monday. And that should tell you exactly. If the suspect carried a phone with them, Nancy, we`ll know who that was.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1605/04/ng.01.html

If this was a hired hit then they would be using throwaway phones from the very beginning, can they be tracked at all?

If this was a hired hit then they would be using throwaway phones from the very beginning, can they be tracked at all?

I think they can be tracked to a degree. I think they would still ping the cell tower, but it is very difficult to match up the owner of the phone with the number that pings. I believe I heard a phone expert discuss this scenario in another case. They would then have to try to find out what type of phone pinged, where it was sold, and attempt to find out who purchased it by looking at store surveillance cameras and interviewing the cashier, etc. Maybe submit a search warrant looking for the receipt from a phone if they have reason to suspect a certain individual for other reasons and can get a judge to sign a search warrant.

I don't know if it would be impossible to track, but it would be very difficult at least.

Hello all. New here. Very much enjoying the respectful atmosphere on this forum. Wish I had found this place sooner. Last week I googled MB and came upon this thread and have read just about every post from the threads. I think this murder in particular touches me because I go to the gym at 5 am and always feel tense leaving my house at that time and always worry about the young girl who opens the gym at 5. Anyways, some thoughts I had.

I'm not entirely certain with the info we have that we should assume the PIO knew their way around the church. My initial impression was they went so early before MB arrived so they could explore and find their way around and plan their attack. Also possibly they knew they'd find tools there that could be used as the murder weapon, which is much better than bringing your own. I think one could assume there'd be cameras, thus the attire. But I know this is up for debate and others have valid points on the opposite side, but this was just my initial thought. JMO.

Also, I'm going to try to word this delicately. I am not trying to say I suspect BB because I honestly don't at this point, BUT I'm not that impressed with all his FB musings, going back to even before the murder. He seems to be the type who seeks attention in a very public forum. From FB posts to the seeming need to do press conferences (IMO). Especially he seems to seek sympathy with his illness. I just...trying not to be disrespectful, but I find that it is a certain type of person who does this...a narcissist. (Please delete if this shouldn't have been said about a family victim). I am NOT saying that makes someone a murderer, I have just found it to be interesting. And JMO of course.

One last thing, I tried following the "fb like" line that was going yesterday and didn't get it...if I was on the right trail, that person appears to have about 100 lbs on our perp and not anywhere near the body type, at least from the very hard to decipher footage I've seen.

I feel the opposite. I feel that social media is meant to be a way to communicate with friends and family about your life in one easy, fell swoop (rather than make 100 phone calls, you can make 1 post). If that includes letting them know the state of your health, so be it. I prefer seeing pictures of people's children at their school recitals, updates on health issues, etc. on FB rather than the spammy, useless garbage so many fill the site with. (Endless pictures of cats, videos of dogs dragging their butts on the carpet, pictures of people's always gross looking food, those attention-whorey posts with pithy stories following by the admonishment that "I will watch to see who replies to this, and then I'll know who my REAL friends are", etc. But that's just me.

Obviously the first time I've heard this! I wonder where this came from. :thinking:
Was there time to "clean" and why bother trying to clean up? You trashed the place, now you want to clean? Strange. IMO

There could have been a lot of time and by cleaning it could be trying to remove things that could be traced back to the perp

I think they can be tracked to a degree. I think they would still ping the cell tower, but it is very difficult to match up the owner of the phone with the number that pings. I believe I heard a phone expert discuss this scenario in another case. They would then have to try to find out what type of phone pinged, where it was sold, and attempt to find out who purchased it by looking at store surveillance cameras and interviewing the cashier, etc. Maybe submit a search warrant looking for the receipt from a phone if they have reason to suspect a certain individual for other reasons and can get a judge to sign a search warrant.

I don't know if it would be impossible to track, but it would be very difficult at least.

IMO you basically track the cell tower pings (phone numbers) at the timeframe of the murder and cross reference them with the victim first and then expand "the net" out to those close to her and from there to people she knows, etc. Are those numbers on her call log? Are they burner phones? If so, where was the phone purchased etc. I could be wrong but you go from the inside out if you start at the cell tower. JMO.

Out of curiosity how many people here own or has a spouse or child that owns a balaclava?

Personally I don't know anyone in my life that does. I don't believe the perp went out and bought the balaclava for this murder, I think it was something that he/she or a family member already owned. :websleuther:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member