OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not that this is my theory BUT if at least one of the perps were next of kin to the 3 children perhaps that 'might' weigh in.So the grudge would be against the grown victims & the children were spared. Perps are souless and evil but perhaps that is how 'they' rationalized it?
:cow:
Or if someone thought a (their) child was in danger living there for whatever reason... how many of us have said "I'd kill for my kid". It's a very disturbing thought, jeez idk. Very unsettling case.

Yes. As I said, sometimes the simplest explanation is closest to the truth, and robbery is the simplest explanation. Someone talked when they shouldn't. A bad person(s) overheard them and put together a 'sophisticated' plan to rob them. All the witnesses needed to be taken out which is why the 3 kids who couldn't identify them were left alive.

That being said, as I also said at the time, I'm torn between robbery & revenge and still am.
The simplest explanation is closest to the truth. True. But I'm not sold on the robbery motive. Robbed of what? And at four different locations? And it resulted in eight cold-blooded murders?

In thread #2, post 58, April 24, Jasper posted a photo of two vehicles being hauled off Union Hill Road. The source of the photo and Twitter was "Bryant Somerville @Bryant 10TV Apr 23...Trooper says first car related to deaths, not sure of second. @10TV"
(I apologize, I have no idea how to link.) I believe the truck belonged to Leonard's son. Who does the car belong to and why did trooper say it was related to deaths? Thanks.

His tweet

Trucks haul two vehicles off Union Hill Road. Trooper says first car related to deaths, not sure of second. @10TV

da7b84de88add38efe33e12bb5e374fe.jpg

Or if someone thought a (their) child was in danger living there for whatever reason... how many of us have said "I'd kill for my kid". It's a very disturbing thought, jeez idk. Very unsettling case.

This is an interesting theory especially since there was a newborn involved. Like if someone was thinking to themselves I am not going to let another child grow up under those conditions with any of them. And the person thought they were "saving" the kids.

The only problem with that theory is why then beat or torture a couple of them. To me that points to the shooters wanting information about where the product or money is. Which is why I have the theory I do for now.

I totally thought about this and then I realized - lots of dealers, etc use reselling old cars to launder money.

So bear with me on this train of thought. Dana sold a lot of cars on FB sites, etc. Looks like the boys would take cars, rebuild them into reselling condition and then Dana would sell them. So what if they were the "work horses" and someone else was supplying the cars??!? Maybe, just maybe...the police are linking some of those vehicles with a certain person. If they can make the link and prove that the person was supplying the cars and they've already linked them to other dealings with the Rhodens - that's just more evidence that they were more heavily involved than they are saying.

JMO

Oh, I def think that the Rhodens were the "workhorses" in whatever endeavors--and there seem to have been several. I continue to think that they tried to make a foray up the chain, or else they were, or were suspected of being in too close with LE. They posed a threat to somebody. JMO.

The question is why not just call CPS.

Good point.
Unless maybe they thought CPS would not take the kids and just give them to others in the family who they didnt approve of either.

Based on media accounts, some remarks attributed to investigators, and public statements, there was deliberate post mortem staging seen at least at two of the four Piketon area crime scenes. There could be more that has not been disclosed. Yet this staging appears not to have been done to mislead police, but instead to justify some position of the assailant.

Agree that this needs solved yesterday by LE and arrests need to be made quickly.

There is still danger to others until arrests are made. Think about if there had been any friends or associates staying over any of the houses at the time of the murders then others could have been killed too. This is why it is so important that LE make arrests in this case.

We don't want any revenge killings or anybody else dying over this and the longer this goes on without an arrest the more danger that someone is going to take matters into their own hands.

I don't look to the likelihood of arrests any time soon. Nor do I see that as an indication of an ongoing threat--either from the killers (who I believe are no longer around); or from revenge (as I think the size of this take down was intended to wipe out any possibility of immediate retribution. There may be no cartels or gangs in Pike Country--but clearly there have been business dealings with outsiders, who most likely include organized crime elsewhere.

I could be completely off-base, but that's my theory and I'm sticking by it.

There was an account - supposedly from a "hunter" who was in the woods at 4 a.m. - of hearing gunshots. You can make of it what you will. I am skeptical of a hunter at 4 a.m. since Spring Turkey season precludes "hunting" until a half-hour before local sunrise. I never saw a firm link to it - just a friend of a friend type of thing. Maybe there is a link but it also raises the question if the gunfire could be heard in the woods, then it would have been loud enough to be heard in adjoining trailers or even by neighbors.

It's only illegal to SHOOT more than a half hour before sunrise, plenty go out to get their spot set up far before.. And plenty don't abide by the rules. JMO. But I'm still skeptical on that and it's never really been confirmed. It was a comment on an article I believe.

This is an interesting theory especially since there was a newborn involved. Like if someone was thinking to themselves I am not going to let another child grow up under those conditions with any of them. And the person thought they were "saving" the kids.

The only problem with that theory is why then beat or torture a couple of them. To me that points to the shooters wanting information about where the product or money is. Which is why I have the theory I do for now.
Maybe they didn't want information, maybe they wanted to punish.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The simplest explanation is closest to the truth. True. But I'm not sold on the robbery motive. Robbed of what? And at four different locations? And it resulted in eight cold-blooded murders?

Grow ops can generate a large amount of cash that can not be explained. Perhaps it was harvest time for the indoor grow and the target was the weed itself. The killers would have had to take out anyone who could have placed them at the scene which would explain Frankie & HHG of course, most likely Kenny and I suspect either Chris jr. or Dana would have stopped by Chris Sr. trailer at some point on a warm evening.

I've seen a lot of theories centering on the children's not being harmed. Custody, wanting the kids not to grow up in criminal environment, avenging past abuse, cleansing the town of criminals, etc. IMO, there was no "noble" motive behind the murders. It's a common literary trope, but in real life, it's very, very rare for people to kill for their ideals (excluding honor killings in the Middle East, I suppose). These murders will come down to some sort of physical, tangible gain for the perpetrators - IMO, money, business, or elimination of threat.

Grow ops can generate a large amount of cash that can not be explained. Perhaps it was harvest time for the indoor grow and the target was the weed itself. The killers would have had to take out anyone who could have placed them at the scene which would explain Frankie & HHG of course, most likely Kenny and I suspect either Chris jr. or Dana would have stopped by Chris Sr. trailer at some point on a warm evening.

OK. I guess your theory relies on a number of unproven assumptions. Not being critical of you. It's just that most all of our theories still rely on assumptions. That is, until more reliable information is released.

I think the kids not being harmed points to two things being involved. A woman and family.

If you go by the thinking of waiting for Hannah to deliver before the murders occur, why? Would having had a baby late Jan or early Feb be the reason? I could easily see that extending to a 3 year old also. The newborn was just too close to home.

I've seen a lot of theories centering on the children's not being harmed. Custody, wanting the kids not to grow up in criminal environment, avenging past abuse, cleansing the town of criminals, etc. IMO, there was no "noble" motive behind the murders. It's a common literary trope, but in real life, it's very, very rare for people to kill for their ideals (excluding honor killings in the Middle East, I suppose). These murders will come down to some sort of physical, tangible gain for the perpetrators - IMO, money, business, or elimination of threat.

And I shouldn't have even mentioned the Middle East. I'm sure I'll see a post soon on one of the sites that must not be named: "ISIS done it!!!"
Lol.

Maybe they didn't want information, maybe they wanted to punish.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Another good point

Awhile back there was an article about a previous drug bust nearby involving THC oil or something along those lines where weed was being cooked down to get a concentrated oil for sale. In the article LE was alluding to wanting to go after the top dogs and usually that means LE setting up wires on people and using them as informants.

If someone was working with LE as an informant as part of that past drug bust then this could somehow be tied to that.
The problem I have with that theory though is why then take out all the families. Unless maybe the shooters didnt want to take any chances on who could be informants and took out everyone associated with them.

I could go with a theory such as this.

I think I have flip flopped on theories about 5 times already just today. LOL :)

Another good point

Awhile back there was an article about a previous drug bust nearby involving THC oil or something along those lines where weed was being cooked down to get a concentrated oil for sale. In the article LE was alluding to wanting to go after the top dogs and usually that means LE setting up wires on people and using them as informants.

If someone was working with LE as an informant as part of that past drug bust then this could somehow be tied to that.
The problem I have with that theory though is why then take out all the families. Unless maybe the shooters didnt want to take any chances on who could be informants and took out everyone associated with them.

I could go with a theory such as this.

I think I have flip flopped on theories about 5 times already just today. LOL :)

Great theory. It also explains why the killer might have purposefully waited for HR to give birth. Babies can't inform. Less about "sparing the innocents" than "it doesn't behoove me in any way to kill them so why should I".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member