OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a family member who wasn't killed, who either stayed with or lived in Hannah Gilley and Frankie Rhoden sometime in the last year. I found this not by sleuthing family, but by sleuthing a victim. I won't name the family member as I don't want to associate someone with the crime who isn't a named suspect. However, if we're looking at people the dogs would have known, and who would have known the ins and outs of the property, there's at least one.

A victim in one of the other trailers was dragged to another room and positioned next to or partially across another victim. That is per multiple accounts from relators, a family member and there is a deputy sheriff''s report mentioning it that has been quoted in a media report.

This, and the way Kenneth was left with money at his feet, and only one gunshot to the head leads me to believe that the massacre was NOT over a teenage spat. I believe the adults were the main targets- possibly the older adult males. The women were killed because they'd be able to point the finger, having a good idea who did it. JMO. The money laying around Kenneth's feet has to mean something IMO. Why Kenneth?

There is a family member who wasn't killed, who either stayed with or lived in Hannah Gilley and Frankie Rhoden sometime in the last year. I found this not by sleuthing family, but by sleuthing a victim. I won't name the family member as I don't want to associate someone with the crime who isn't a named suspect. However, if we're looking at people the dogs would have known, and who would have known the ins and outs of the property, there's at least one.
I considered this person, but have ruled him out. He seems very weak willed to me. I don't think he's the type to actually kill despite his posturing in the past. My mom's family has a saying, "The dog that barks doesn't bite". I think we will find it IS family related, but from someone who knows enough to keep silent about it. At least until and if he/she/they go to a bar and start beagging.
JMO

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

This, and the way Kenneth was left with money at his feet, and only one gunshot to the head leads me to believe that the massacre was NOT over a teenage spat. I believe the adults were the main targets- possibly the older adult males. The women were killed because they'd be able to point the finger, having a good idea who did it. JMO. The money laying around Kenneth's feet has to mean something IMO. Why Kenneth?

If the bit about the money is true, I have three reasons in mind:
-"Here's your damn money." Kenneth & the Rhodens were hassling/harassing someone for money they owed them, and that person snapped and killed them. Then they tossed some some money on him in a "here's your damn money" message.

-"You can't pay me off." Kenneth was paying someone off for something, then the person decided that, for whatever reason, they weren't going to be bought anymore. They killed the family, then tossed the money he'd given them onto his dead body.

-Someone wanted to make it look like a cartel hit. Leaving big money lying around might indicated cartel.

FWIW, I'm not convinced that Kenneth's death wasn't a crime of opportunity. Maybe someone already had it in for Kenneth. When they heard about the Murders on Union Hill, they figured they could kill him and make it look like the same person/people did it.

IF it wasn't some fantasy made up by DS, it's possible (someone else came up with this) that he tried to offer money to buy his life. The killer shot him then threw the money at him.

I think (at this moment and it's likely to change in 10 minutes lol) that KR was OWED that money and his debtor didn't like KR's collection methods. OR KR owed it. Or any number of other possibilities lol.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I'm thinking "follow the money" and my guess is that is what LE is doing in terms of examining the vehicles. I do think the grow operation and the car operation are somehow connected with other individuals, but I think there is a far better chance of following the money for the car business than the grow op.

Honestly if it was family I think there would be an arrest already.

Agreed. Especially if they are local. It's a small town. People talk. IMO the only way a family member was involved in this is if they're one of the dead, and their accomplice turned on them.

Agreed. Especially if they are local. It's a small town. People talk. IMO the only way a family member was involved in this is if they're one of the dead, and their accomplice turned on them.

There's the issue of a speedy trial. Charges must be filed swiftly after arrest (is it within 48 or 72 hours?)
Once the handcuffs are on, there's a timeline to present enough evidence for prosecution to move forward with charges.
I think LE has a good idea of who did it. I think they're lining their ducks in a row before making arrests.

I think the same could be made in regards to any theory I've seen thrown around here in the last two weeks. I 'assume' that they may have had cash or weed based on previous knowledge that many growers do have cash that they can not launder. I 'assume' that robbery is the motive based on previous robberies of pot growers to obtain their stash and/or cash.

Like I said, I'm not being critical of you. So many of our theories (mine included) are based on analogies, hunches, and assumptions. I still haven't heard one that persuades me, to be honest. With respect to previous robberies of pot growers, do they not normally target one or two people in one specific location?

Per Scioto County court records:
GR was accused of domestic violence (DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CPO EX PARTE) while he had a CPO (civil protection order) against him.
The case was dismissed because a witness did not show up at the hearing and the CPO was terminated.

I am thinking the following may have happened: There was a mass shooting and 7 people were killed. Someone suspected GR to be the culprit and retaliated against him. Gary was killed in a similar fashion as the others (shots to the head) and his body was dragged on top of the body of Chris'. This way, it looked like there was only 1 killer.

I've tossed around a similar theory, where there was a mass killing of 7 people, by the 8th person (who may have been all "meth"ed up at the time)... and in true "hillbilly justice" fashion, was confronted or suspected and killed. JMO for today.

I wonder if anyone can answer this question (within the limits of the board rules). Who was spared in the general vicinity of the crime scenes? I don't mean to place them under suspicion. I just wonder if at least one person at each crime scene had information that jeopardized some illegal enterprises. It could have been just four individuals, one at each scene, who had "the goods" on someone else. But the potential witnesses at each scene had to also be eliminated. That some were not targeted simply means they did not have knowledge of the illegal activity. Not that they were involved in the killings. What do you think?

There is a quote somewhere in a media article where someone says they can't believe someone would do this to the Rhodens, ESPECIALLY Gary. They said that killing Gary was the equivalent to "kicking a dog."
So I think that goes to show a bit about Gary's demeanor. JMO.

Edit : Found it!
http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/01/health/ohio-murders-pike-county/
Wallace declared the killers "cowards" and emphasized the victims' blamelessness.
"They were all great people. They would do anything for you," she said. Gary Rhoden was especially harmless, she said.
"Hurting Gary was like kicking a dog."

I wonder if anyone can answer this question (within the limits of the board rules). Who was spared in the general vicinity of the crime scenes? I don't mean to place them under suspicion. I just wonder if at least one person at each crime scene had information that jeopardized some illegal enterprises. It could have been just four individuals, one at each scene, who had "the goods" on someone else. But the potential witnesses at each scene had to also be eliminated. That some were not targeted simply means they did not have knowledge of the illegal activity. Not that they were involved in the killings. What do you think?

Dana's father has said that he lives half a mile from the property.
I've also seen it mentioned that someone else lives 500 yards from the property, but I can't recall if that was in MSM, so I'll hold back.

OT but thank you K.L.Puyallup. Your old avatar always made me dizzy when reading your comments :giggle:

Tired of being blackmailed?

I only know of the money thrown on KR's legs, per the Daily Mail (which I take with a grain of salt). What other scene was "staged"?

Don't know, but 911 was not called for some time after the discovery....and when they arrived, others besides Bobby Jo were there. JMO

I'm surprised that Frankie's derby car will be racing in Greenup this weekend. It was mentioned on a family members facebook this morning w/video. I would have thought it was at the property and towed along with the others. Guess not. Didn't some mention in the news that all of this was over the derby car? smh...

I'm skeptical of the claim that there was money at his feet. It comes from one source and hasn't been corroborated by anyone else, AFAIK. Even LE (the AG, I believe) seemed to scoff at the notion.

I'm skeptical of the claim that there was money at his feet. It comes from one source and hasn't been corroborated by anyone else, AFAIK. Even LE (the AG, I believe) seemed to scoff at the notion.
I thought the same... but have no idea why Stone would lie about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member