TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep referring back to Occam's Razor (the simplest answer is usually the correct one) which points, in my opinion, to love, money, jealousy, revenge...But then I read that the NYPD is involved. And the FBI, the ATF, Texas Rangers, Arlington PD, and Midlothian PD. it just doesn't add up....unless it is just tactics by LE to get someone to confess? Does that happen?

I keep referring back to Occam's Razor (the simplest answer is usually the correct one) which points, in my opinion, to love, money, jealousy, revenge...But then I read that the NYPD is involved. And the FBI, the ATF, Texas Rangers, Arlington PD, and Midlothian PD. it just doesn't add up....unless it is just tactics by LE to get someone to confess? Does that happen?

Don't forget the 'unnamed agency'.

You forgot the US Marshals. IIRC IMO

Ok guys/gals.....some of the posts are straying off course. Please do not insinuate CT had anything to do with Missy's death. LE hasn't named anyone as of yet.

Also, let's leave BB's business out of the conversation. The phones are fine, but that's it.

And, we don't need to bring people in the mix from Missy's FB that have haven't been named in the Sesrch Warrant.

Thanks!

Yea that could be but doesn't he own the business or work for his family? I would think his cell would be provided through company or at least be paid for by the company. Seems kinda strange to have a cell provided by work, no monthly cost to him AND to have a personal cell that he'd have to pay for every month, extra unnecessary expense imo.
What is he doing with his personal phone that he wouldn't want whoever it is that goes over the business cell phone bill to find out?????

I have a 2nd phone since hurricane sandy. I was without power for several days so I couldn't charge my phone and my landline was dead also. I think a lot of people have them in case of emergency.

First time Websleuths poster. Great site. My personal belief is back with the poster who referenced Occam's Razor. This one still seems to have the elements that are as old as time itself:

- Alleged extramarital relationships

- financial problems of the family.

In my opinion, one and/or both of those things will supply the motive. There are a lot of complicated theories and now the focusing on all the agencies involved. I believe those will end up being red herrings. I believe the person who was responsible for and/or who did this will unfortunately end up being someone who is right there and close. It still could have been a hired hit (whether professional or not). I do not believe in coincidences either . . . and there sure are a lot in this one . . .

I had to go make sure I was correct. :blushing: Here is the description of a burner phone:
Technically, a burner phone is a prepaid device. However, burners are different from prepaid phones in that they [FONT=inherit !important]are used specifically for one purpose and then disposed.

source: [/FONT]
https://www.puretalkusa.com/blog/what-is-a-burner-phone/
Actually there really are no differences in prepaid phones and burner phones. They are one in the same. Some may choose to use the same prepaid phone every month for yrs. The next person may purchase same prepaid phone, have all the same features, ping off the same exact towers, etc, but may choose to purchase the phone some morning, use this prepaid phone in act of a crime then dispose of the phone in the afternoon. Same phones, same program, one person uses theirs for yrs where the other person uses for maybe a few hrs and throws it away (burner). Many choose to purchase the cheapest with little or no features, etc. They just need the basics to do the crime. You used to be able to walk into a Wawa and purchase one for like $50.00-$60.00 bucks with maybe 300 minutes. I never bought one but I dont think you have to show ID or anything back then. Pay $50.00, call your dealer and buy 50 lbs of weed and discuss where to meet then discard phone is where burner title was started. Disclaimer: I am not a dealer and never have been :)

Yep, most off-shore marine vessels have ship to shore radio capabilities.

I am trying to catch up as I have been out all day and this may be true but BB may not know this. As I said I don't know where this line of thought went because I'm going backwards.

On ours, AT&T, we can set how the caller ID shows up on landlines. For the adults & older kids we have it show their name & #, but younger kids it only shows wireless & the #. We have 5 likes on our family plan, so may be similar to the B's account. Except my husband doesn't have a 2nd phone, at least not that I know of lol
Thank you for this! Missy may have had her own plan because her phone was probably a tax write off. If she used it for her business, she could write off the expense.

Midlothian is just a small country town. I know that Arlington PD was assisting with organizing all the tips that come in. They have more experience at this (Arlington is where the namesake for the Amber alert - Amber Hagerman - was abducted in 1996) & they developed a system at that time for entering/organizing/tracking tips. Texas Rangers usually get involved if it is a high-profile crime - which this definitely seems to be due to location (Midlothian hasn't had a homicide in like 9 yrs,) the victim & the sheer brutality of the murder. Law Enforcement probably called upon the assistance of the FBI to help them investigate simply because they have more resources. ATF assists in many violent crime investigations - simply to look for evidence of firearms, ammunition, arson, explosives, etc.

I am trying to catch up as I have been out all day and this may be true but BB may not know this. As I said I don't know where this line of thought went because I'm going backwards.

I agree, his statement about being off-shore and not being able to accept calls makes this more credible. That said, makes me even more suspicious of him, I have to admit that.

There is no dignity in murder. The information regarding her personal life that's being discussed here is part of the process of investigation, research, theorizing. There is no judgment that I've seen in the discussions.

It's my opinion, after reading what little information has been released, that both spouses had intimate relationships outside of their marriage. I could be wrong, but that's my understanding. We all bring our own life experiences into websleuths and that's what makes for intelligent discussion (and enlightenment in some areas for me - I love seeing something from a different point of view!).

Yeah, I hear you....I would just like us to remember that LE has not provided proof of MB having an affair. She could have. BB could have. They both could have. According to the warrant that was released. We don't know for sure. MOO

Actually there really are no differences in prepaid phones and burner phones. They are one in the same. Some may choose to use the same prepaid phone every month for yrs. The next person may purchase same prepaid phone, have all the same features, ping off the same exact towers, etc, but may choose to purchase the phone some morning, use this prepaid phone in act of a crime then dispose of the phone in the afternoon. Same phones, same program, one person uses theirs for yrs where the other person uses for maybe a few hrs and throws it away (burner). Many choose to purchase the cheapest with little or no features, etc. They just need the basics to do the crime. You used to be able to walk into a Wawa and purchase one for like $50.00-$60.00 bucks with maybe 300 minutes. I never bought one but I dont think you have to show ID or anything back then. Pay $50.00, call your dealer and buy 50 lbs of weed and discuss where to meet then discard phone is where burner title was started. Disclaimer: I am not a dealer and never have been :)
If you do a search of Walmart or Amazon, they are now under $20.

I believe Arlington PD was here to give assistance to the daily grind of patrol and other duties (outside the murder) since the small Midlothian PD is working relentlessly on this investigation. They might also provide cross checks for cities between Midlothian and Arlington if a person of interest lives outside of Ellis Co.

This crime might be that complex that they're really digging from every place possible and available. As someone said on this thread last week, it'll probably be a tech guy buried in the back that eventually finds the compelling evidence. A bedroom community, early morning, limited surveillance--it appears this person could be smarter than we realize if they're pulling from everywhere.

NYPD has the world renowned 'stingrays' here.

-----
This is how they work:

Feb. 2016 — The NYPD has confirmed that it owns and operates Stingrays—controversial surveillance devices that spy on cell phones nearby and that can be used to track locations.

Stingrays are surveillance devices that allow authorities to spy on cell phones in the area by mimicking a cell tower, and allow the police to pinpoint a person’s location and, in some configurations, collect the phone numbers that a person has been texting and calling and intercept the contents of communications. Stingrays also sweep up information from nearby bystander cell phones even when used to target specific phones.

I would say that the only difference between a burner phone and a prepaid phone are the volume and time period of made and received calls on the phone. A burner phone used for a specific crime would only have the immediate calls pertaining to the crime on them vs. on a pre-paid phone there would be multiple calls made to family, friends and etc. over a period of time.

Remember the HBO series "the WIRE"? (Greatest show of all time) in essence, the drug dealers tried to stay one step ahead of the LE... once a week, one of characters would stop at many locations, picking up burners, which were tossed several days later all to stay off the WIRE. Very educational show for real detective work.

Don't burner phones have an ID where police can trace where they were purchased from, even if the person pays cash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you do a search of Walmart or Amazon, they are now under $20.
Yes, but I think you have to buy minutes on a card now. I think someone had said on another thread of WS a few months ago that a credit card is now required to purchase the phone or the minutes card or something. They used to be totaly anonymous but no longer they had said

Actually I think the body matches someone with a stocky build.

I agree...I seem to be the minority but I haven't understood thinking this perp is small and super padded for size. I see stocky mannish build. That's why I haven't been able to picture it a woman. I keep wondering if this person had any idea the huge debate their appearance would make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288