OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question: Has LE ever released any of the search warrants to the media, I've seen this in other crime cases, where you can read them online.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

No they have motioned to seal that information and even those motions are sealed. :pullhair:

Happy Mothers Day to all!

Please take a few minutes today to say a prayer for the Three children who lived through this tragedy who will be raised without their mother.[emoji174]

There is something that bothers me about BJMs 911 call. Actually 2 things. 1. During the call someone in the background say's "don't (unintelligible)" and she replies "I won't". Don't what? Don't tell the 911 operator about something? If so,what? 2. During the call when she is gasping for breath and the 911 operator is urging her to calm down she say's "I just walked (went) to the mailbox.' Correct me if I am wrong but it seems odd that you find your bill dead (whom we assume you are close to since you see him everyday in the course of feeding his animals) with the (blank) beat out of him and blood everywhere, and the first thing you do BEFORE calling 911, is go check the mail. At a very fast clip I might add judging from her gasping for air in the call. Any thoughts on this anyone? It's driving me nuts trying to figure out what was so important coming in the mail and if that was the real reason for her early morning visit and what that don't, I won't business was about.
I had understood the mailbox issue to be she didn't know the address so went to the mailbox to get it.

It was his father's land that was deeded to all 8 of his kids at his death. There are several parcels that make up the 50+ acres at 799 Left Fork. The sisters (I can't imagine why ;)) wanted nothing to do with their 1/8 share of the land from their father and basically gave their shares to the 4 sons of Clarence and so the Christopher et al was formed. Two of the sisters gave their shares ONLY to CR1 for some reason. Thus leaving CR1 the majority owner.

I have pointed out the family division before because CR and KR stayed with their dad and took care of dad when their parents got divorced. The other two brothers went with their mom and still take care of their mom. In my opinion that's one reason for jealousy and one possible theory of what could have happened. Take out CR and KR and they probably thought the property was theirs and they got what they felt like they deserved. However if that was the case, I don't think they realized the grandchildren would get CR1 shares of the property. Also I could see some jealousy between the siblings of each of the families. The two brothers children (not CR and KR children) could feel like they deserve more of the property or family "businesses". Just possibilities. I definitely don't think the siblings were united and the 4 sisters have sort of separated themselves from the brothers. I kind of find it interesting that the sisters aren't really ever mentioned. Some moved away.
Clarence Rhoden Sr. committed a crime for which he was sentenced 10 years and served more than 4 (source: Ohio Dept. of Corrections).Given the nature of the crime, I don't want to speculate too much. But I think that it may have caused the divorce and a division within the family and might explain some of your observations.

I thought she lived at that address at one time?
Even if she didn't, I am having a hard time understanding her not knowing the address where she fed and watered dogs and chickens.
I am curious to find out what the mailbox looked like.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
I've wondered at that, but then again I know where my dad's house is but I couldn't tell you his address. The only reason I know my sister's is because we laughed at a street name close to her house when she moved in.
Does anyone know if CRSr. had recently moved or was he living there for a while?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

A Rememberance Prayer on this Mothers Day for all

Children who have lost Mothers
Mothers who have lost Children
GrandMothers who have lost both

I've wondered at that, but then again I know where my dad's house is but I couldn't tell you his address. The only reason I know my sister's is because we laughed at a street name close to her house when she moved in.
Does anyone know if CRSr. had recently moved or was he living there for a while?

Our area just changed to a 911 address and I've lived here 20 years and have to think about my address before I write it ..

Clarence Rhoden Sr. committed a crime for which he was sentenced 10 years and served more than 4 (source: Ohio Dept. of Corrections).Given the nature of the crime, I don't want to speculate too much. But I think that it may have caused the divorce and a division within the family and might explain some of your observations.

And we know he was an RSO as a result of the conviction.

I thought she lived at that address at one time?
Even if she didn't, I am having a hard time understanding her not knowing the address where she fed and watered dogs and chickens.
I am curious to find out what the mailbox looked like.
Moo

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

I haven't seen any evidence she lived there but do know where she lives now. I'd welcome any information that's allowed here that shows she lived there.

This explains everything except KR. Only my own opinion, but what if DR and CRSr. did divorce as a result of CR1's conviction, and then we're starting to reconcile.
If the actions that spurred the conviction were perpetrated on someone else, someone who didn't come forward, someone who blames their parents for allowing it, someone who blames CRSr and DR for allowing it, someone who maybe suspects in their own damaged mind that said actions could be repeated and the potential victims are now very very young, couldn't that person or persons see themselves as protecting the potential victims by taking out the ones who wouldn't protect them?
(I know it sounds confusing but we can't name people, right?)

It was his father's land that was deeded to all 8 of his kids at his death. There are several parcels that make up the 50+ acres at 799 Left Fork. The sisters (I can't imagine why ;)) wanted nothing to do with their 1/8 share of the land from their father and basically gave their shares to the 4 sons of Clarence and so the Christopher et al was formed. Two of the sisters gave their shares ONLY to CR1 for some reason. Thus leaving CR1 the majority owner.

I have pointed out the family division before because CR and KR stayed with their dad and took care of dad when their parents got divorced. The other two brothers went with their mom and still take care of their mom. In my opinion that's one reason for jealousy and one possible theory of what could have happened. Take out CR and KR and they probably thought the property was theirs and they got what they felt like they deserved. However if that was the case, I don't think they realized the grandchildren would get CR1 shares of the property. Also I could see some jealousy between the siblings of each of the families. The two brothers children (not CR and KR children) could feel like they deserve more of the property or family "businesses". Just possibilities. I definitely don't think the siblings were united and the 4 sisters have sort of separated themselves from the brothers. I kind of find it interesting that the sisters aren't really ever mentioned. Some moved away.

I found something that happened in the father's past that may be the reason the daughters did not want their share of the land (speculation on my part).

I had no clue how big (or small) an acre of land was... so I looked it up and found this graphic on Google images:

17049892da25e3fc99e4f601233c5da8.jpg

So 50+ acres is A LOT of land!

And potatoes :wink:

Thank you for this interesting post cujenn81, as I had no idea how big an acre was either! I'm sure this info will help a lot of us here.

This explains everything except KR. Only my own opinion, but what if DR and CRSr. did divorce as a result of CR1's conviction, and then we're starting to reconcile.
If the actions that spurred the conviction were perpetrated on someone else, someone who didn't come forward, someone who blames their parents for allowing it, someone who blames CRSr and DR for allowing it, someone who maybe suspects in their own damaged mind that said actions could be repeated and the potential victims are now very very young, couldn't that person or persons see themselves as protecting the potential victims by taking out the ones who wouldn't protect them?
(I know it sounds confusing but we can't name people, right?)
Just to be clear, it was Clarence Sr., the father of Chris Sr. who was convicted. He died some time ago.

Just to be clear, it was Clarence Sr., the father of Chris Sr. who was convicted. He died some time ago.
Yes. CR1 is CRSr's and KR's (so that explains him) father. CRSr is HR and CRJr's father.

Yes. CR1 is CRSr's and KR's (so that explains him) father. CRSr is HR and CRJr's father.

Those abbeviations are very confusing though. "C" can stand for "clarence" or for "christopher".

I think she meant she was checking the mailbox right then (and the reason she was out of breath) so she could give the exact house number to the 911 operator.

ETA: and I think she might have said "hold on" instead of "I won't". I think she was trying to tell the operator to hold on because she had to walk to the mailbox to give her the exact address.

i still think she was going to the mailbox to get away from the trees and get a better signal.

Those abbeviations are very confusing though. "C" can stand for "clarence" or for "christopher".
Hmmmmmm ok
How about CLR for Clarence? Or should i just put his name down since we all know who im referencing?
I agree about the names. In looking SM there are a lot of Hannah's, Brandie's, etc in the area.

ETA and I just realized Clarence is a Senior which means there's a Clarence Jr out there somewhere....

I have been using their first names because it makes it easier for me.
The 2 Hannah's (Hanna) are spelled different ways, which helps me keep everyone straight. All the initials make me :crosseyed:

i still think she was going to the mailbox to get away from the trees and get a better signal.
No reason why both can't be correct. They don't rule each other out.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The divorce, oddly enough, was finalized in September of 1995, and seems to have come on the heels of her husband getting out of prison, six years early, on Nov. 25, 2004, after being found guilty of five, felony counts, of sexual battery. Might explain the division in the family.

http://publicrecords.onlinesearches.com/view/lid/95841

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member