OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-8-in-ohio-massacre-one-victim-shot-9-times/

My mind is pretty much fixed on money being the main motive for this massacre, centred around talk or knowledge that CR1 and KR kept $$$ stashes at home. I think that somebody being shot 9 times and others shot up to 5 times speaks of torture to get info from the victims. It could be so that in refusing to divulge info, or saying there was no $ stash to be had, threats were made that other family members would be killed ... and that threat was actually carried out serially ... before they returned to question and torture again. The bloody condition of CR1's lounge and looking as if he had been badly beaten (first 911 call) suggests that the killer/s concentrated on CR1 (and possibly GR as well). I would say that the others were killed to silence them, to prevent them from identifying suspects through information that would be known to the family only because it involved illegal activities. KR may have been the first or the last killed, maybe he didn't resist or the killer/s knew where he kept his money-box. Jealousy and/or resentment / payback may have been secondary motivations. With so many shots having been fired, this speaks of low calibre weaponry.

The scenes where the eight Rhoden family members were killed April 22 could be released as early as this week.
Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk told our news partners at WBNS that when that happens, the homes will be boarded up to prevent looting. Junk believes more than one person is responsible for the shootings, WBNS reports.
Additionally, WBNS reports that search warrants at the four crimes scenes are expected to be returned this week. But Junk told WBNS those will be sealed to prevent evidence from being released to the public that could harm the investigation.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...e-county-murders/nrG7Q/?videoIconPresent=true

When discussing facts or what we believe to be facts based on MSM, If a link is requested it should be supplied. This is particularly helpful for members who are unable to follow the case daily, may have missed key information or are newer to Websleuths.

Sometimes providing a link that has been given in previous threads can be a pain, involving going back to something a member sourced hours or days ago. But if asked, you should be prepared to provide it. Especially in a case like this, where so little info has been given by LE, it is easy for rumor to grow legs and walk around as fact.

tlcya

I would be happy to provide a link, unless I felt the person just wanted to argue and to prove a point just keep asking for a link, because they don't agree with a theory based on fact. There's always the scroll and roll, or ignore feature, or else there can be a :pillowfight2: or a :slapfight: or call for a :truce: :D

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...l-8-in-ohio-massacre-one-victim-shot-9-times/

My mind is pretty much fixed on money being the main motive for this massacre, centred around talk or knowledge that CR1 and KR kept $$$ stashes at home. I think that somebody being shot 9 times and others shot up to 5 times speaks of torture to get info from the victims. It could be so that in refusing to divulge info, or saying there was no $ stash to be had, threats were made that other family members would be killed ... and that threat was actually carried out serially ... before they returned to question and torture again. The bloody condition of CR1's lounge and looking as if he had been badly beaten (first 911 call) suggests that the killer/s concentrated on CR1 (and possibly GR as well). I would say that the others were killed to silence them, to prevent them from identifying suspects through information that would be known to the family only because it involved illegal activities. KR may have been the first or the last killed, maybe he didn't resist or the killer/s knew where he kept his money-box. Jealousy and/or resentment / payback may have been secondary motivations. With so many shots having been fired, this speaks of low calibre weaponry.

That's where I'm leaning too. I suspect that Kenneth was the first target, though. He was probably particularly vulnerable to being robbed and/or double-crossed, being out there alone. Although there were other family right down the road who weren't targeted. I think there's an easy explanation for that. Maybe he caught someone else stealing? Someone he knew? Just an idea I have. Then that person or persons out of desperation killed him. Maybe the money that was allegedly strewn around him or his camper is a way to make it look like some cartel did it, or maybe it provided in the perp(s) mind a way to point away from the real killer(s): "Look, someone left money!" (i.e., "It wasn't me...otherwise I would have taken the money.") Maybe the money was brought by the killer, who gained entry by lying and saying he/they were returning the money that had previously been stolen. And the money, whoever it belonged to, may have been dropped by Kenneth while this person(s) was robbing him or after being confronted about stealing. The money couldn't safely be gathered up, then.

After Kenneth was robbed and killed (again, just speculation), since this is a person or persons known to Kenneth and therefore probably the rest of the Rhodens, the rest of them had to be killed because they would know right away who did it, especially if that person had been accused by Kenneth. Chris Sr. and Gary might also have been robbed or attempted to. The alleged beating/violence could have happened for any number of reasons: a struggle, trying to force them to reveal a hidden stash, open a safe, something like that.

Like many others, I think most members of the family were massacred because they would have been able to identify the killer(s). This would be especially important if he/they were known to them, and EVEN MORE SO if this person had been previously accused of stealing.

Again, JMO, subject to change.

I read somewhere KR and DS were supposed to go to an auction next day in Columbus( 2 hours away). I don't know what auction they were going, but don't the auctions usually start in the morning?

Also I read that DS did not/ doesn't work and that KR was helping him out of kindness of his heart.

I would think DS would have tried to reach KR urgently. I would assume that would be the normal course of action.

They had been to auctions, but it sounds like they were intending to work on cars.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.
'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.
'It was the afternoon and he would normally be out working on cars at 5.30 am.'
Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.
'A man who was good a man lying there like that, shot dead by cowards. It makes me feel ill when I think about what I saw.
'Kenneth loved me like a brother. He was always looking out for me and would take me out for food just for my company and he would give me a few dollars here and there.
'I was going to work with him repairing cars and we had been to a couple of auctions together earlier this month.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Can I make a suggestion or two WRT links?

#1 Maybe it would make things easier to update the case overview in the Media/Timelines section to add new information and links. It would at least give one place for finding a link for your comment.

Here's a link to the page for our current overview.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?306329-Media-amp-Timeline-NO-DISCUSSION-Pike-Co-OH-8-Family-Members-Murdered&p=12502622#post12502622

Just copy the current overview, save it on your computer or device, add new information and post it again in a new Media thread comment.

I've been working on a similar project for the Timeline, gathering links. It's a way to keep busy while waiting for news.

#2 For all of you who have been doing great sleuthing work on public records, consider a similar summary of information and links. Of course we still must stick to the rules about no sleuthing of people not named as POIs. Guidance from mods might be helpful. :websleuther:

Just a couple of suggestions. Please add your own. :tyou:

Hanna Rhoden has another daughter as well, correct?

Yes. Her older daughter was with relatives at the time of the shooting therefore is not included on the victim map because she was not involved in it at all.

The scenes where the eight Rhoden family members were killed April 22 could be released as early as this week.
Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk told our news partners at WBNS that when that happens, the homes will be boarded up to prevent looting. Junk believes more than one person is responsible for the shootings, WBNS reports.
Additionally, WBNS reports that search warrants at the four crimes scenes are expected to be returned this week. But Junk told WBNS those will be sealed to prevent evidence from being released to the public that could harm the investigation.

http://www.springfieldnewssun.com/n...e-county-murders/nrG7Q/?videoIconPresent=true

I'm wondering if this means they suspect multiple weapons were involved. Obviously, I've pretty much assumed more than one person is responsible, but something is leaning Junk that way too! JMO.

I would be happy to provide a link, unless I felt the person just wanted to argue and to prove a point just keep asking for a link, because they don't agree with a theory based on fact. There's always the scroll and roll, or ignore feature, or else there can be a :pillowfight2: or a :slapfight: or call for a :truce: :D

Exactly.

When discussing facts or what we believe to be facts based on MSM, If a link is requested it should be supplied. This is particularly helpful for members who are unable to follow the case daily, may have missed key information or are newer to Websleuths.

Sometimes providing a link that has been given in previous threads can be a pain, involving going back to something a member sourced hours or days ago. But if asked, you should be prepared to provide it. Especially in a case like this, where so little info has been given by LE, it is easy for rumor to grow legs and walk around as fact.

tlcya

:bump:

They had been to auctions, but it sounds like they were intending to work on cars.

'I was supposed to meet him the night before and go to work on some cars with him in the morning.
'When I didn't hear from him I went to the camper and it was unlocked and his truck was outside and I felt there must have been something wrong.
Fighting back tears, he said: 'There was blood everywhere man. It was something no human should see.
'A man who was good a man lying there like that, shot dead by cowards. It makes me feel ill when I think about what I saw.
'Kenneth loved me like a brother. He was always looking out for me and would take me out for food just for my company and he would give me a few dollars here and there.
'I was going to work with him repairing cars and we had been to a couple of auctions together earlier this month.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-feet-shot-head-reveals-man-horror-scene.html

Does anyone else find it weird that while talking about his deceased cousin he found, DS would say that KR would take him out for food just for his company? It seems weird to me. JMO.

You know something he said about blood being everywhere, and in the recent interview where he told KR's son he doesn't want to see this, so he went in and looked up at him laying in the bed. I don't think it was just a shot to his head, because he basically told LR to get back, probably seeing there was blood everywhere when he opened the door. JMO

I still think the shot to each of their heads was to insure they were dead, after whatever happened before with the multiple shots or fighting, etc. That's a stone cold killer, whether it's someone they knew or not.

You know something he said about blood being everywhere, and in the recent interview where he told KR's son he doesn't want to see this, so he went in and looked up at him laying in the bed. I don't think it was just a shot to his head, because he basically told LR to get back, probably seeing there was blood everywhere when he opened the door. JMO

Yeah, his stories have been a bit contradictory. I had been saying that I wouldn't take DS's word on KR being the only one with the single gun shot wound until they confirmed it because of how he had described the scene.. But if it's a single gun shot wound to the head with like a 12 gauge, it'd be a nasty scene. I'm still leaving that part up for speculation. JMO.

I've definitely wondered if the multiple shots were used for information extraction or torture.

I think Mr. Kitty wants to be our WS mascot [emoji12]

Sent from my LGMS330 using Tapatalk

Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if there was any animal blood mixed in as part of their efforts to obscure the scene...

Additionally, the marijuana grow operations that authorities discovered appeared to be for commercial use, he said, declining to go into specifics. He also declined to say if there are indications that any of the victims were aware of the grow operations.
The marijuana grow operations found were not simply a few random plants in a field somewhere, the Columbus Dispatch reported from an interview with Pike County Prosecutor Rob Junk. He told Dispatch reporters at least one was indoors and there appeared to be several hundreds of plants.
“It wasn’t just somebody sitting pots in the window,” Junk told the Dispatch.

IMO: LE doesn't really state that plants were found at ALL locations, just grow operations, perhaps some had been harvested and was awaiting distribution. Possibility this is what killer(s) wanted?

Does anyone else find it weird that while talking about his deceased cousin he found, DS would say that KR would take him out for food just for his company? It seems weird to me. JMO.

I think DS is trying to show he cared about him, and maybe why he keeps talking, because alot of times the person at the scene can be accused. The fact he was suppose to stay there that night, plus was suppose to be there that morning, he'd be the first suspect. It was good he took someone with him to check on KR, just so sad it was his son.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd