OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an interview with the second person? That would be good to have.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Not one in the public realm as far as I know.

Undoubtedly there was at least one interview with LR by investigators if it is a fact that he was with DS when the discovery of KR's body was reported in the 911 call.

Also, I know DS seems to wax and wane on this issue, but if he were supposed to be somewhere at 5:30, then why wasn't he there at 5:30. If it was important enough to be somewhere at 5:30 and that did not happen, then there would be surely phone calls or texts made explaining the absence or someone would have attempted to look for his whereabouts when he did not show.

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/08/pike-county-sheriff-killings-personal/84012716/

I reallllyyyy wish these reporters would quit writing about someone taking a drag off their cigarette or how many cigarettes so-and-so smoked over the span of their interview. I think it's disrespectful. And, if that's the only thing you can come up with to paint a picture for your readers, you need to go back to journalism school.
It's not nearly as bad as the one by the Daily Beast.

Like many others, I think most members of the family were massacred because they would have been able to identify the killer(s). This would be especially important if he/they were known to them, and EVEN MORE SO if this person had been previously accused of stealing.

I think this family was particularly close since they all lived within a short distance from each other. Especially DR and LM and it appears BJM was close to FR, DR and also CR1 since she went to his home to feed the animals everyday. Families like that (mine included) gossip on a daily basis. If someone or some family member had been accused of stealing then I am sure the whole extended family (especially BJM) would have known about it. People who have been stolen from are usually so mad they don't stay quiet about it and the first ones they tell are family, so I don't think the others were killed because they could identify the killers. I think they were all killed because there was a secret there, a secret that could send someone to jail or cost them a great amount of money. This is not to say that secret was limited to the victims, indeed I suspect it was known to all family members or if not known, suspected, especially GR's father, LM, BJM and JM. I base this on the impression everyone got that LM was extremely upset over the towing of cars. That leads me to believe he knew the car/salvage business was not on the up and up. But if 8 members of your family have just been slain and it has been shown the killer knew enough about your family to go door to door killing, then you are not going to talk except to LE. I think this secret was told to LE and that is why the cars were towed. That sticks with me because it is so unusual. LE usually tows the victims cars and the suspects cars, but to tow a bunch of junk cars sitting around, that speaks to the cars being a very important part of the investigation, or even the motive. I think the only way that many cars (at least 18) would be important to the investigation is if they were stolen. After all not many things could pertain to a car, they can be wrecked, vandalized, stolen, used as the weapon or be the crime scene its self. Since they were already junk I think we can rule out the wrecked, vandalized and used as a weapon. That many cars cannot all be the crime scene so that leaves stolen. I have followed a lot of investigations and read tons of true crime books ( as I am sure you all have) but never have I read about LE towing that many cars. Just sayin'

I haven't read everything, but here is my helpful and profound post of the day:

I can't believe there hasn't been a single arrest yet! I'm very nervous.

Some of the people here have wondered why the several cars have been towed from the properties. IDK, but perhaps something was hidden in the cars. It could be drugs, perhaps cash (or worse - a body). If so, then robbery could have been a motive, and the killers may have tried to open the cars. I could also imagine that police suspects that someone involved with the car dealings is the perpetrator. If the police has no clue who might be involved, then DNA/finger prints found in a car that may have belonged to the killlers might put them in the right direction.

Speaking of bodies in cars. Someone (I believe lonesomepaws and perhaps others) suggested a possible link to the murder of Harry Harvey ("Hobby") Howard Jr. a while back
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...ion_Underway_in_Scioto_county__134604028.html

http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/Harry-Howard

It seems that this case is still unsolved.

Now you are the same track as I am...

Look at the following. Someone who would have been around the family. Someone who would have known the dogs. Someone who was also involved in junking cars. Someone who is rumored to be involved in a previous murder cover-up. Sisters Talk. Wives talk to husbands.

Also, I know DS seems to wax and wane on this issue, but if he were supposed to be somewhere at 5:30, then why wasn't he there at 5:30. If it was important enough to be somewhere at 5:30 and that did not happen, then there would be surely phone calls or texts made explaining the absence or someone would have attempted to look for his whereabouts when he did not show.

But what if DS had a history of being flaky? We all know someone like that..

There are crime scene cleanup people that have that specifically as their job.

It is not cheap either. You have to consider how long before they can get in there, carpet and most likely sub-floor will have to be removed, and replaced, painting, possible replacement/repair of walls, removal of bedding, fumigation, etc... I doubt they had insurance and insurance rarely covers much of that cost anyway. It can cost in the thousands of dollars per site according to how bad it is. I'd said earlier that if it were me, I'd probably just have the trailers hauled away and burned at this point. Not meaning to sound insensitive but the cost may outweigh the value of some of the trailers.

That's another thing that's bugged me about him. He had initially planned to stay the night there b/c they were planning to get up early and go to work on cars/go to the auction. I've known people, who he reminds me of, and if it seemed like a fun day out doing what they enjoyed, you couldn't beat them off with a stick. I may be wrong, but he's just felt "off" to me from that first interview.

How does DS know KR has been shot when he calls 911? If there was blood everywhere in the 5th wheel, how do you know at that moment it was not a brutal bludgeoning?

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ipts-911-calls-pike-county-slayings/83445300/
I think he said he went in and saw "blood in his eyes" and that led him to believe he had been shot. My thinking is by the time KR was found, it was publicized that the other family members killed had been shot so he just assumed. JMO

How does DS know KR has been shot when he calls 911? If there was blood everywhere in the 5th wheel, how do you know at that moment it was not a brutal bludgeoning?

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ipts-911-calls-pike-county-slayings/83445300/

Maybe he got close enough to inspect him? The thing I found more odd, was that he specifically said ; Caller: It’s all that stuff that’s on the news. Um, I just found, I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound. ~~~ I know none of know how we'd react but to me, pointing out "with a gunshot wound" , is as odd as saying that they; found plants in the garage, we better call 911. The whole tone of the 911 call was "off" to me.

Maybe he got close enough to inspect him? The thing I found more odd, was that he specifically said ; Caller: It’s all that stuff that’s on the news. Um, I just found, I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound. ~~~ I know none of know how we'd react but to me, pointing out "with a gunshot wound" , is as odd as saying that they; found plants in the garage, we better call 911. The whole tone of the 911 call was "off" to me.

I could be wrong, but this is how I interpret his remarks. "It's all that stuff that's on the news" = He's in a hurry to explain his call and the connection to the murders reported earlier. In a few words, he does make that connection. "Um, I just found, I just found my cousin with a gunshot wound" = Again, he's making the connection to the murders reported earlier, that is, "execution-style" according to the authorities, by reference to his cousin's gunshot wound. In other words, he's assuming, for good reason, a direct connection with the other murders. If it were me, I'd probably do the same thing.

I don't know why you directed me to this stuff. I don't give a hoot about that. I just want a link provided when asked for. I few days back I asked for a link that 18 vehicles had been towed. I still have not seen it. There is a Yahoo article that stated UP TO 18 vehicles. So at this point (to me) it is NOT a fact that 18 vehicles were towed.

bbm I don't do media thread.

I did a simple Google search, clicked on the first article result, which was titled, "Up to 18 Vehicles Towed..." and by reading the actual article, found the following information. I feel like people should do their part to read the information that has already been provided. Here you go:

"BEAVER, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Rickey Neace's family has owned the Bobst Auto Parts and Salvage in Pike County for years. He says nothing could've prepared him for his assignment on Tuesday.He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago.
"Everything was still roped off and they had caution tape up around the house. It was a little eerie," Neace said.
He and crews from two other Pike County tow companies were instructed by Pike County Sheriff deputies which vehicles to haul away from the crime scene after each was marked and numbered. Neace said the cars were various makes and models with some missing parts such as engines. Each one of the vehicles was taken to a Waverly impound lot where a Pike County deputy will keep a close watch over. He says investigators would not specify why specific vehicles were selected. He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered in and around the property. He's not sure why the family had so many."
http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

I did a simple Google search, clicked on the first article result, which was titled, "Up to 18 Vehicles Towed..." and by reading the actual article, found the following information. I feel like people should do their part to read the information that has already been provided. Here you go:

"BEAVER, Ohio (WSYX/WTTE) -- Rickey Neace's family has owned the Bobst Auto Parts and Salvage in Pike County for years. He says nothing could've prepared him for his assignment on Tuesday.He says he and another worker helped tow five of a total of 18 vehicles away from the Rhoden property where eight members of the family were shot to death nearly two weeks ago.
"Everything was still roped off and they had caution tape up around the house. It was a little eerie," Neace said.
He and crews from two other Pike County tow companies were instructed by Pike County Sheriff deputies which vehicles to haul away from the crime scene after each was marked and numbered. Neace said the cars were various makes and models with some missing parts such as engines. Each one of the vehicles was taken to a Waverly impound lot where a Pike County deputy will keep a close watch over. He says investigators would not specify why specific vehicles were selected. He estimates a total of 40 vehicles were scattered in and around the property. He's not sure why the family had so many."
http://myfox28columbus.com/news/local/up-to-18-vehicles-towed-from-pike-county-massacre-property

And..

"The tow company says they were told to report back to the property Wednesday to take more vehicles away. The Attorney General's office says the vehicles will be used as part of the Bureau of Criminal Investigation's probe as the last of the Rhoden's were buried Tuesday."

Some of the people here have wondered why the several cars have been towed from the properties. IDK, but perhaps something was hidden in the cars. It could be drugs, perhaps cash (or worse - a body). If so, then robbery could have been a motive, and the killers may have tried to open the cars. I could also imagine that police suspects that someone involved with the car dealings is the perpetrator. If the police has no clue who might be involved, then DNA/finger prints found in a car that may have belonged to the killlers might put them in the right direction.

Speaking of bodies in cars. Someone (I believe lonesomepaws and perhaps others) suggested a possible link to the murder of Harry Harvey ("Hobby") Howard Jr. a while back
http://www.wsaz.com/news/headlines/...ion_Underway_in_Scioto_county__134604028.html

http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/Harry-Howard

It seems that this case is still unsolved.

My understanding is that they have two persons of interest but. It enough evidence for a conviction. I'm not naming POI I am out in the field at work on my lunch hour and can't provide a link as I don't have the time. If this is against TOS this just delete it.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=18+vehicles+towed

Because you bumped a thread where I was asked to provide links.

Really. Geeze. And thanks for Toralei for providing those. I KNOW it took TIME to dig back through and find those links

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks