Bosma Murder Trial 05.11.16 - Day 47 - Smich Defence commences

Status
Not open for further replies.
What time did MS's phone go offline compared to the time of the Bobcat video?

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 14m14 minutes ago
Only sound in courtroom is the eerie static from the security video. #Bosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 13m13 minutes ago
Now watching some surveillance video. You can tell the ppl in court are eager to hear more from Smich. #Bosma @CTVNews

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 13m13 minutes ago
Sharlene #Bosma, head bowed, tissue in her hand.

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 12m12 minutes ago
Sharlene #Bosma - Tim's wife. Barely any reaction. Looking down away from Smich. @CTVNews

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 11m11 minutes ago
All 14 jurors watching screen located just a few feet from Smich in the witness box. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 10m10 minutes ago
Cars are now heading out of spot they parked in video. Shot pulls back, gets clearer. #TimBosma truck now drives off, followed by Yukon

All I can say is WOW !!!! ..... credit to those couple of people here who posted earlier that they figured the shooting happened at Bobcat ..... hopefully they step up to be recognized. I argued against it , I thought it happened much earlier. WOW !!!

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
Video has ended.

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 9m9 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Security video played for almost 12 minutes. Dungey now questioning Smich again. #Bosma #HamOnt

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Dungey asks if the period of time we just watched -- 2 vehicle stopping then turning around and leaving -- was what happened. Smich says yes

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
Video over. Smich says during the time of the video, Millard got out, got something from Yukon, Smich asked what was going on.

Smich recounts again. Dell walks over, gets something out of the back. He asks what's going on. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Smich says the video shows the interaction between him and Millard that he just described. #TimBosma

Peter Akman ‏@PeterAkmanCTV 9m9 minutes ago
Smich seems reluctant to give his testimony again Millard but he wants to tell his side. #Bosma @CTVNews

"He says ' I'm taking the truck.' I got out, walked around. I seen a bullet in the window and Mr #Bosma with his head on the dashboard."

Shannon Martin ‏@ShannonMartinTV 9m9 minutes ago Toronto, Ontario
Smich says the video that was played, is what happened that night - but it was so blurry, we couldn't really see anything. #Bosma #HamOnt

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
Dungey asks if two vehicle were stopped for a period of time then turned around and left.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Millard left the truck, said "I'm taking a truck" got a flashlight and the Smich saw a bullet hole in the window and #Bosma lying dead.

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
"He just said, I'm taking the truck." Gave Smich flashlight. "I seen a bullet hole in window, and Mr Bosma with his head against dashboard"

<rbbm>

If it was, neither she nor the tenant mentioned it in their testimony.

Feb 2 2016 1:13 PM De Boer and Sharlene Bosma had a smoke in their garage, and were talking about how she couldn't get a hold of Tim - his phone was going right to voice mail. He said he'd get in his car and check the Tim Hortons where the two men had said they'd be to see if they were there. That was about 10:40 p.m. They weren't at the Tim Horton's.

MS said there was a hole in the window, right? But where was the casing found? I thought it was in the truck?
The bullet leaves the casing when gun is fired. The firing pin strikes the primer, in the bottom of the casing, which ignites the powder pushing the bullet into the barrel. The bullet travels down the barrel, to the target.
The casing remains in the gun until ejected from the right side port, in a Walther PPK, at which point a new round is chambered.

Bullet through TB, then through the window. Casing ejected from right side of gun, into back seat area.

Smich's testimony does give credence to what looks to be seen in the video. Unfortunately it's still such a blurry video. I do believe aspects of what Smich is saying but I'm sure he has still twisted details around.

No doubt there are some things he is not stating and/or twisting around details. However, at the root of it all, I believe it was DM who intended to shoot and carried it out. I don't think for one minute that MS is going to get off on a lesser charge since by his own admission, he was part of this and he helped with the disposal and hid the gun. I am no law expert but I think that makes him just as guilty of Murder 1. MOO

Does it seem to anyone else to be astounding that there were video cameras that could capture just exactly this moment?

MOO

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
"I panicked. I freaked out," Smich says. Dungey asks if we can take the lunch break. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont &#8207;@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
"Dell gets out of the vehicle, walks over to get something out of the back....I was confused.

Lisa Hepfner &#8207;@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
Jury is going for lunch. #TimBosma

molly hayes &#8207;@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Breaking now until 2:15 pm. #Bosma

He said 'I'm taking the truck, I'm taking the truck." Got a flashlight.

"I seen a bullet hole in the window and Mr. Bosma laying with his head against the dashboard."

All I can say is WOW !!!! ..... credit to those couple of people here who posted earlier that they figured the shooting happened at Bobcat ..... hopefully they step up to be recognized. I argued against it , I thought it happened much earlier. WOW !!!

If the events are accurate. I am sure the location was searched for broken glass. Never heard of any found at that location.
MOO

Jury is now being sent for lunch. Back at 2:15 p.m. #Bosma

Alex Pierson &#8207;@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
Smich stands as jury leaves for lunch. Millard is very angry. Agitated. Jury just saw video of DM and MS driving in the drk. We return 215.

Here's the problem with his story. Millard says "You guys follow in the Yukon", insinuating that his Tim Horton's pal is in the truck. Smich knows this is not true and isn't sure whats going on, so he plays along. But he doesn't have the keys and he doesn't question Millard about it. He wouldn't have expected Millard to leave the keys in the cupholder, so for all he knew he was walking towards a locked truck while his pal pulled away. I call BS.

And at 12:19, only four minutes off ;)

great observation, didn't catch that, very true. What I don't get, I thought they parked along a dark road by TB's....but they actually parked at a tim hortons and walked to TBs from there? how close is this Tim Horton's from TB's?

Can anyone summarize what DM's lawyers are likely to do? They get to cross-examine MS, right?

So, if the whole "meeting a friend at Tim Hortons" story wasn't planned or even mentioned until DM, MS, and TB were alone in the truck, then why was that piece of information all over social media within days of TB's disappearance?

Because that is what SB told LE. DM said it BEFORE getting into TB's truck for the test drive and Sharlene heard it.

If the events are accurate. I am sure the location was searched for broken glass. Never heard of any found at that location.
MOO
Agree. MS is as dishonest as the rest of DM's friends. Lock them both up for 25 years. Then start the LB sentence, consecutive.

Don't think that has been determined. And that whole area was searched because of the phone. No broken glass? No other bullet casing? Was this just a one shot and done crime? It's not all adding up for me.

MOO

The bullet leaves the casing when gun is fired. The firing pin strikes the primer, in the bottom of the casing, which ignites the powder pushing the bullet into the barrel. The bullet travels down the barrel, to the target.
The casing remains in the gun until ejected from the right side port, in a Walther PPK, at which point a new round is chambered.

Bullet through TB, then through the window. Casing ejected from right side of gun, into back seat area.

If the event played out like MS is stating - how much blood from splattering would DM have had on him at this point? Any idea?

Here's the problem with his story. Millard says "You guys follow in the Yukon", insinuating that his Tim Horton's pal is in the truck. Smich knows this is not true and isn't sure whats going on, so he plays along. But he doesn't have the keys and he doesn't question Millard about it. He wouldn't have expected Millard to leave the keys in the cupholder, so for all he knew he was walking towards a locked truck while his pal pulled away. I call BS.

And at 12:19, only four minutes off ;)

Well he drove to Ancaster with DM in the Yukon so it is likely he saw DM leave the keys in the cup holder as they got out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TrueEnigma