OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also curious:

He could have been moved back to the bed after he was killed. This indicates there may have been a struggle, unless the black eye is from a gunshot, idk. The open windows are most likely how they exited. Either the killers entered through unlocked doors or they were let in.

Perhaps the open windows were meant as a signal to other "shooters", as in, "This house has been taken care of"?

She does not say that in the 911 call.

http://www.chillicothegazette.com/s...ipts-911-calls-pike-county-slayings/83445300/

LM says it in an interview.

"According to Leonard*Manley, when Bobby Jo showed up last Friday morning, the front door was locked and the dogs were nowhere to be found. There were at least two pit bulls,*a "wolf-dog" and "coon dogs"*that lived with his family members. Manley questioned why the killer or killers didn't shoot the dogs, which he described as fierce."

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...enge-our-hearts-pike-co-family-says/83517330/
Could LM be referring to DR's dogs? There another interview somewhere where he (I think it was him) said the dogs had been "let out". Maybe DR's dogs are the ones missing...
JMO

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk

Here's the post where I saw the dogs were let out

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12531270

"His mother"??? The six month old was the only child of Frankie and Hannah so unless they were referring to the baby Idk what the reference here is...

Confused me for a moment at first as well. But I think it was referring to the kid's parents--not that Hannah is Frankie's mom, as it appears.

My goodness. The suggestion of headphones earlier I just did. They are really good headphones. She does say "please dont hurt me" and then you hear "Good job"

mind boggling

I listened with headphones too ... I don't hear "please don't hurt me" ... she's talking to the child, says something to the child, and he says something in return, but I don't think it's "good job."

​[video=youtube;3jKapxxJycw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKapxxJycw[/video]

Hasn't it been said that BR lived on this property as well. 500 metres away from his cousin. Could he have lived in this upstairs apartment?

I believe it was 500 yards from KR, he said his Uncle.

In Clarence R.sr's (CR1&KRs father) obituary, BM and her kids (LM and BS) is described as very special to him. I've seen it mentioned earlier, but I haven't seen any explanation (speculation ;) ). Why would he have such strong connection with his daughter in law's younger sister? :confused:

This is what I am refering to: http://www.rogerwdavisfuneralhome.com/notices/CLarence-Rhoden

I've wondered that too. Her kids would have been about 8 and 10 at his time of death in 2008. He was incarcerated in 1998, and released from prison in 2002, after serving four years of a ten year sentence. So they'd have been two and four (approx.) when he was released. But, what is most odd is that out of all his blood grandchildren, his former d-i-l's sister, and her children, were named as " a very special family that he loved so much". (Personally, I'd not have had my children around him, just based on his record.)
Another thing I found odd is that Geneva is listed as his surviving wife. They'd been divorced for 13 years.

I listened with headphones too ... I don't hear "please don't hurt me" ... she's talking to the child, says something to the child, and he says something in return, but I don't think it's "good job."

​[video=youtube;3jKapxxJycw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jKapxxJycw[/video]

I could be wrong about the "please, don't hurt me" because she is saying it while crying, but I cannot hear anything else that she could be saying. I am pretty sure about the "good job". I think it is an adult male voice. If Bobby's story is correct then it couldn't have been a child, because she called 911 before going into Frankie's house.

Perhaps the open windows were meant as a signal to other "shooters", as in, "This house has been taken care of"?

Could be but when BJM entered she said the doors were locked and dogs outside when they were usually inside. If you look at the one photo of the back window open, there is enough "stuff" under the window that one could have stepped down onto the ground easily without having to jump or drop too far. You would think the dogs would have followed whoever it was unless they were familiar with them, jmo.

I can't find a picture showing that there was an open window at FR'S place. Am I overlooking it?

I have a question about the black eye. If he got hit in the eye right before he got shot, would it be black? Or does that imply he got it sometime before being shot? Black eyes are usually slow to formation right? I mean they may be puffy, but take a while to turn black. Mine were when my graceful self fell down the stairs and face planted, breaking my nose. I could post pictures of the first couple of days showing the progression, but I don't want to scare everyone off, lololololol.

I've wondered that too. Her kids would have been about 8 and 10 at his time of death in 2008. He was incarcerated in 1998, and released from prison in 2002, after serving four years of a ten year sentence. So they'd have been two and four (approx.) when he was released. But, what is most odd is that out of all his blood grandchildren, his former d-i-l's sister, and her children, were named as " a very special family that he loved so much". (Personally, I'd not have had my children around him, just based on his record.)
Another thing I found odd is that Geneva is listed as his surviving wife. They'd been divorced for 13 years.

Not sure if it has been posted before ... sentencing information for Clarence Rhoden (Sexual Battery):

https://bailbondcity.com/ohio/ohdoc-inmate-RHODEN/A354855

I have a question about the black eye. If he got hit in the eye right before he got shot, would it be black? Or does that imply he got it sometime before being shot? Black eyes are usually slow to formation right? I mean they may be puffy, but take a while to turn black. Mine were when my graceful self fell down the stairs and face planted, breaking my nose. I could post pictures of the first couple of days showing the progression, but I don't want to scare everyone off, lololololol.

I think it is very likely that he got the black eye before he was shot. Since he was in bed, it seems that he got the black eye before he went to bed, and got shot while he was in bed. There may have been a fight during the day, and then someone took revenge in the night.

My goodness. The suggestion of headphones earlier I just did. They are really good headphones. She does say "please dont hurt me" and then you hear "Good job"

mind boggling

I didn't hear all that when I listened to the 911 call last week. I originally thought she had said something about checking on Frankie. But now that I listened to the call with a good set of headphones, I too heard what you heard. But the mind is so easily convinced, when you hear something that you can't really make out clearly defined words, to hear something that has been suggested by someone else.

I think it is very likely that he got the black eye before he was shot. Since he was in bed, it seems that he got the black eye before he went to bed, and got shot while he was in bed. There may have been a fight during the day, and then someone took revenge in the night.

That's what I was getting at. Now I'm wondering if all of the soft tissue bruising was from some sort of altercation earlier .

Eta: and if it was, I don't think the victims thought is was a big deal. I think if they thought it was and were expecting more trouble , people would have been awake. So that leads me back to family.

I could be wrong about the "please, don't hurt me" because she is saying it while crying, but I cannot hear anything else that she could be saying. I am pretty sure about the "good job". I think it is an adult male voice. If Bobby's story is correct then it couldn't have been a child, because she called 911 before going into Frankie's house.

I hear her say "they don't deserve this" and then it sounds like a female saying "good job". Could be the friend's wife trying to console her after making that call.

A lot of things can cause a "black eye". A friend of mine had surgery on her upper jaw several weeks ago, and the surgery caused a swollen, black eye to form.

I didn't hear all that when I listened to the 911 call last week. I originally thought she had said something about checking on Frankie. But now that I listened to the call with a good set of headphones, I too heard what you heard. But the mind is so easily convinced, when you hear something that you can't really make out clearly defined words, to hear something that has been suggested by someone else.

Yes, the power of suggestion is amazing when you're listening to something garbled.

I'm thinking more like they knew the person/persons and let them in not suspecting anything then they were killed the doors were locked and the perp exited the window

Why exit the window?

Is somebody really going to take the time to come in through a window to murder somebody and/or go out the window after murdering somebody? Unless it would be quieter to come in through a window as to not alert someone versus breaking the door in and/or the door lock? I guess depending on whether the trailer doors had added locks possibly or different type of locks than what we normally think of as being on a trailer door?

And if walking into a crime scene/murder scene where you see nothing but blood and you don't specifically notice the person has been shot, are you really going to think to look for shell casings?? Thoughts??

I wonder, did she actually look for them. Or was she just responding to a question about whether she saw any shell casings or guns?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member