TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just catching up! BBM--I think a silencer is what the perp has is his left hand when he is breaking the glass/wall. (what other people are calling a saran wrap box) The other item in his pocket is a lock pick tool.

Thanks. Could be! (Says a person who has never held a gun in her life, let alone owned one.) I found THIS multi-gun silencer: silencer.png

I agree that a guest on a radio show isn't necessarily reliable - after all, last week's guest said the buzz was that it was a black woman.

But the fact remains that anyone publicly named in a SW becomes a person of interest publicly, unless and until LE states that they've been ruled out.

This site, from my several days of being here, seems like it's run as a pretty tight ship. They have clear rules and don't hesitate to delete posts that are wild speculation. Like LE, we just are trying to follow the clues and see where they lead.

Not to be harsh, but this site wants this thread to be about MB and solving her murder. I don't think they want us navel-gazing and wringing our hands about some other person. We're here to try to figure this thing out, and those who are uncomfortable with that process always have the option of sitting it out. As always, JMHO

BBM

Respectfully, this is exactly how this site is run and how we have all been "trained" by the mods. Which is exactly why we are reacting the way we are to rumors about a non POI. JMO

"Midlothian police clarified no one in the new documents was ever considered a suspect. They say they now have several new persons of interest they are pursuing not named in the documents."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

Well yeah. Until an arrest, it means nothing.
It's not looking particularly good for CT right now, either way. She's either a murderer, or she's an innocent person who is suspected by a whole town of being one.

In the enlarged still of the killer it seems to me that the eyes are small, almond shaped, & closely set. Pictures of CT on FB don't show her eyes to be like that at all. I could be wrong but that is JMO.

I'm another new poster, drawn in by the classic "whodunnit" nature of this killing. Also a retired police officer. I've tried to follow these threads, but it seems impossible to keep up with all the info. I think the thing that bothers me most is the conflicting theories that go thru my mind, based on past precedents. Any police officer will tell you that the big 3 reasons for murder are:
Money
Drugs
Sex

So, "sex" jumps out front on this one. Then, husband happens to be out of town. Convenient coincidences like this also leap out to me. Another sub-motive with married couples in trouble could also be child custody, or influence on the affections of the kids.

The video is a rare bit of bonus evidence here, but it also causes more conflict for me. Another adage I used to toss around was "burglary loves company". The burglary angle here is pretty weak, IMO. As a former K-9 handler, burglars were what we dealt with. Church burglars were usually young, and rarely acted alone. They suspected alarms, and moved fast. Smash a window and head for the office usually. They don't pre-plan, and invest in phony police gear to hide. They pull a t-shirt over their head and move fast, not this plodding around. They get out quickly.
Alarms on churches are funny. Many suburban churches still don't have them. Truthfully, they aren't targeted much. Still, thieves always expect them. I don't think many folks think this was a burglary, but the nonchalance of the suspect is unusual.

The video really bugs me. That walk does often look like a woman, but the part where the suspect stops and grabs at a door knob looks very male. The walk does look much like the father-in-law, but at the same time looks a little more effortless; maybe younger? The suspect doesn't look quite as big given the bulky clothes to me. Hard to say.

The choice of weapon certainly suggests a male suspect typically. If whoever did it was dumb enough to buy a new hammer for the job, it will probably backfire.

Another tid-bit I haven't noticed mentioned is that this suspect is someone capable of slipping away for an hour at 0400 on a rainy morning without worrying about being noticed, or leaving kids unattended, etc. Just something to file away.

I'd imagine the detectives are working very hard on tracking phones, and trying to run down places where that tactical gear might have been sold. It could be tough, but if you look for say, a purchaser that bought a single jacket in the last 3 months, something could turn up.

In the enlarged still of the killer it seems to me that the eyes are small, almond shaped, & closely set. Pictures of CT on FB don't show her eyes to be like that at all. I could be wrong but that is JMO.
I haven't weighed in on the enlarged/enhanced photos yet - honestly, I don't think they're helpful. Even experts in enhancement have to be careful not to introduce artifacts when they're working on photos or videos. JMO but I wouldn't trust any of the ones I've seen in this case including the black and white one. No disrespect to those who gave the effort.

The kids were at her moms overnight - that was stated in the radio interview.

As for AT, and I'm opening a can of worms here, who's to say he stayed at home that night? Who's to say she wasn't lying awake seething that he wasn't home from Austin when he should have been? If there was an affair between MB & AT maybe things really heated up in Austin, and while the cat's away...

CMC, this is what I've been thinking.

I'm another new poster, drawn in by the classic "whodunnit" nature of this killing. Also a retired police officer. I've tried to follow these threads, but it seems impossible to keep up with all the info. I think the thing that bothers me most is the conflicting theories that go thru my mind, based on past precedents. Any police officer will tell you that the big 3 reasons for murder are:
Money
Drugs
Sex

Hello csparks! Great post. Thank you! And ... welcome :)
The perp may have had assistance and may have been dropped off / collected? Gripping stuff, this case. Thank God Missy has so many routing for Justice. My bet is SwatPerp probably never thought this case would blow up in Main Stream Media so suddenly. Small town maybe, turned into a big time crime community.

Regarding this being done in a church: Besides the obvious fact that it's a hidden contained and convenient place for killer, some might question how a religious person (and it seems everyone in this area and involved in this case is very religious) could kill like this and in a church no less. One theory I had is that perhaps this person is so religious that they believe they were getting rid of a sinner, maybe even one who was committing more than one offense against the 10 commandments, by breaking up families or cheating or whatever and that they were in a way "doing Gods work" to make things right in the eyes of God in his house the church. This might explain how a religious perp might reconcile in their own mind killing in a church.

BBM

Respectfully, this is exactly how this site is run and how we have all been "trained" by the mods. Which is exactly why we are reacting the way we are to rumors about a non POI. JMO

"Midlothian police clarified no one in the new documents was ever considered a suspect. They say they now have several new persons of interest they are pursuing not named in the documents."

http://www.fox4news.com/news/137370703-story

Again, the owner of the site had a guest talk at length about CT just last night. So we can talk about the same person. She is not the victim - MB is. She is alive and breathing and living her life. MB is not.

I take LE comments about who is and who isn't a suspect with a healthy grain of salt. Sometimes they deliberately mislead us for their own purposes. And I'm not even saying that's wrong. But come on, "never considered any of them a suspect"? They had to establish probable cause in order to get the SW signed, so everyone on that list was, at least at one time, someone they were interested in or else they wouldn't have included them in the SW in the first place.

So all of these people are fair game for us to discuss as persons of interest. The fact that LE says there might be new POI does not definitely rule out the original POI, unless and until LE loosens their lips and says with no ambiguity, "So and so has an alibi that has been verified and is not a suspect", or they arrest someone.

(Pet peeve. I don't think any case on WS has ever been solved by staring at blobs, but I understand the attraction.)

I know frivolous comments are a no-no, but i couldn't resist lmao at this! :) Humbly admit guilt. Although my "perp/s" evolved as blob-perp was evolving; so yes, you're right. We do make things fit our own template. Unless LE issue a cleaned up image, if that's even possible, the pic circulating on social media is moot.

"Quote Originally Posted by Starry Night View Post
Ha ha! Only another Texan could appreciate that comment. Because the 'not from around here' wasn't even a county away.....just another town."

I think a lot has been misconstrued on this subject of a town. In the interview, the mention of CT being from elsewhere was in the context of (a) Tricia wanting to know what the reporter knew about CT, and (b) the reporter explaining that she didn't know much, because CT lives elsewhere. And it wasn't in the context of her being a newcomer to Midlothian, but rather not living there at all. From what I understand, CT lives an hour away, and there's no realistic way people living in Midlothian (the sources for the rumors being related by the reporter) would have any natural day-to-day knowledge of someone in another relatively-distant town.
The town that CT lives in is not an hour away from Midlothian. It's about 15-20 minutes.

I hope she is innocent because I don't want to think about a young intelligent woman planning and executing something like this and then going on with normal life.

But she was named in the SW, making her someone to examine. This site's owner gave a media person a pulpit on her radio show to discuss CT as basically a prime suspect. So we do get to train our magnifying glasses on her. This is what we do - sleuthing, not just waiting for LE to tell us what the outcome is.

It may be really uncomfortable for CT now, but if they clear her, everyone's attention will shift to the real perp. Her life will return to normal.

Unless she did it.

In My Opinion, it would be difficult for her life to return to normal. Her life and thoughts about her have been scrutinized, demonized, plagued with innuendoes that she is the SWATperp. How sad for her and her family. If this case doesn't get solved, she will be on some people's minds as the perp whether she is innocent or not.

IMOO.

What if CT has nothing yo do with this? How does she continue living in this small town? Her kids? Geez.

And not only living in a small town, but people are speculating on the internet that she is the Swatperp.

How does one get away from that? It must be difficult, period, wherever she is.

IMOO.

Somewhat OT, somewhat on:

Not bringing the diagram over or linking posts, but I have valgus deformity with developmental hip dysplasia and am 5' 8" tall.

I don't pronate much due to a wonderful physical therapist and great Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation physician.

I haven't been in Texas for years, either.

Really weird to see those diagrams here and hear & see those familiar words! :waitasec:

Also, no one ever suggested that exercise could change the joint alignment. Exercise can ( and did ) improve function & mobility.

:seeya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member