TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by robthomaseyes
Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion
Well, we don't know the route he took; for all we know he walked along the creek line. If he left at 4:30 (walking, not even running) he'd be two miles away (at the reservoir) by the time LE even arrived on the scene at the church.

In my scenario, this is a fit local who knows the area well, so I don't think it's inconceivable.

And, (to answer robthomaseyes), JMHO, but my theory doesn't include a getaway in a car. LE haven't identified the car seen in the corner frame in part of the video, so I'm not convinced it was perp's, and not convinced he left the parking lot in it. Not saying it'd be impossible, just that to me it'd be too risky, as he probably left about 5 minutes before Camper 1 showed up and entered by that single driveway. I that I think swatperp could hide better in the dark by doing some fast walking along the creek line in a dark SWAT suit than by leaving by car on the highway (which might risk showing up on surveillance videos in the wee hours of the morning).

ETA: again, JMO, but his plan to leave on foot might also explain better why he left the tools, and possibly the murder weapon, behind at the church. Usually perps don't elect to leave clues like those behind.

They didn't identify it by make or model. But it was there during commission of the murder, and not there later. That can only mean one thing, IMO - that it was the perp's car, and he had to have left in it. No perp would leave a HUGE clue like a car around!

LE have at least 30 minutes of video surveillance, though (they say) none was taken during the actual murder. If the murder happened after 4:20 AM (it did), and they have surveillance video starting with Swatperp's movements at 3:50 AM, how do you know the unknown car was there during the murder (after 4:20)?

It might sound like I'm splitting hairs, but the distinction is important. I am only theorizing that Swatperp left on foot. Have no idea what the unknown car is about, unless it was an accomplice on lookout, and I've not excluded that possibility - and that an accomplice may have driven Swatperp to the church. But I don't believe that unknown car (or an accomplice) was necessarily there during her murder, and the existence of a video frame with that car in it doesn't prove a getaway car was in the lot during her murder. (If it was an accomplice, that'd be cutting things too close for comfort, I'd think).

He wasn't listed as a "target interest" in the phone warrant. I thought that was interesting.

Maybe CW phone carrier is not AT&T. Also they did per the LinkedIn SW, an extraction of CW cell phone. So I feel sure they have a SW for his phone records just like the AT&T numbers.

Pg 16/18 of the LinkedIn SW

An electronic forensic data extraction of the cell phones belonging to the decedent and
Mr. Williams confirms that the communications using Linkedln occurred.
The content of
the recovered communications appears intimate in nature. The extracted information
also showed that these communications were deleted after the conversation ended and
were only able to be partially recovered

In the last thread people were posting about the FB check ins and how some people checked in on FB the day before the murder. I am currently in my house in TX and just checked into Disney World in Orlando so don't put too much into FB check ins :)

LOL, Tx. I've actually considered at least 4 possibilities over the past few weeks. One person who wrote a couple of letters, one who forgets important birthdays, another who takes long road trips without enough laundry, and a person who engages in brutal physical violence for a living. I'm trying to keep all possibilities open, lol.

:)

Yes, my list is pretty similar. I've added the possibility of any (as yet unidentified/known or confirmed) female lovers that may exist. I have a feeling this is very very close to home. Shakespeare often guides my hinkey-meter, through his brilliant one-liner: Thou Doth Protest Too Much. It's a time-worn standard.

Speaking of the church's remote location :drumroll: for the first time, I just looked at Googlemaps aerial view and see treelines closeby. It could be possible that a 4wheel drive car could have parked back there and the killer took a route through the fields (?) to leave rather than going through the parking lot where they might be seen. OTOH, that would also mean they would be muddy going into the church, and then back through nature again would leave lots of mud in the car/truck, too.

I saw what I think is a large house across the road and a sport hunting business down the road a bit. I was trying to see where they might have parked/walked without being obvious.

That also gives me more in the "random killer" column to think that. What if someone had been watching and aware of the women meeting at the church and thought "targets" for future reference. Lying in wait for whomever showed up first before a certain time so they could get away while still dark and before other people showed up. That person could have been curious enough to find out what group was exercising and did their own sleuthing to pick a target. They could have been the creepy message, too. Someone waaaaaaaaay upthread offered the idea of MB having a stalker. Yep, that could fit. I'm sorry I don't remember who posted it, I'd give them credit because it's a possibility.

Please nobody slam me for a generalization, but seeing the sport hunting business made me think hunting humans* :(

*too many scary movies*

Highly Unlikely FL. Most murders are committed by people victims know, unless it's gang related to get something on the member for life so they have to function as a slave to the gang, or during the commission of another crime like rape or robbery.

Boy. Ain't that the truth!

FTR regarding Steves post: I never said the perp was religious nor did I say he/she may have chosen a church for that reason, nor do I believe that. I said that all of the pois so far mentioned have been religious and IF it turns out the perp is religious than maybe they can justify the crime of murder in their own mind by viewing victim as a sinner, home wrecker, whatever and themselves as a savior. If the perp is who I think it is none of this will be in play anyway. Just explaining that concept to those who believe perp is some scorned jealous wife.

Originally Posted by dizzychick View Post
http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/rewar...-20k/190098550

the reward has been upped to 20 grand hopes this flushes out any person who may know what happened, it would speed this process up, I want the killer caught yesterday!
. Any idea who put up the new funds?

:facepalm: Respectfully BBM. and not trying to be snarky, but from the link provided in the post you quoted it tells who put up the additional funds :

MIDLOTHIAN -- The reward for information leading to an arrest in the murder of Terri "Missy" Bevers has doubled, reaching $20,000.

Police announced Friday that SWFA Outdoors is offering a $10,000 reward, adding to the previous $10,000 reward offered by Oak Farms.

To me, the hammer seems smart for a female against another, formidably-fit female. For one, it's pretty easy to heft a hammer; if it's a bit heavy you can choke up on it. Second, you can use it for the dual purposes of breaking in AND killing your victim. A knife isn't as good for breaking glass or prying heavy doors open. And a gun is loud and traceable.

Also, a hammer can be purchased anywhere. In fact, perp probably didn't even need to buy one. Most people have more than one hammer.

As for the murder - a gun could jam or you could miss. A knife might not deliver a disabling injury quickly enough for you to overpower the victim. But one good head shot with the hammer, delivered by surprise, and a female perp has instantly taken a female victim out of action.

This post has me thinking that IF perp is female she must be either big, fit, aggressive or all of the above to actually kill someone with a hammer. To hit them and to keep hitting until they are dead would take a lot of energy. And I read that there was somewhat of a struggle too. I doubt most average-sized or small nonaggressive women could do that.

Random comment; over the years we've often seen sleuths repeat "put yourself in the suspect's shoes". Well, I for one find that very hard to do in this case seeing PsychopathPerp chose a church (of all places) to murder Missy. A church! And I'll bet said Psychopath probably wears yet another mask as and when she goes to church or repeats God's word?

JMO, but I don't think CW is the person who committed the crime. Someone who seems so disciplined in their life (high school/college wrestler, military experience, undefeated boxer in his Army division, MMA experience link) doesn't seem like they would commit such a "sloppy" crime.

Pure speculation, but IMO, someone with his training and experience would use a firearm. It would be very easy to be laying in wait, out of the range of the surveillance cameras in the parking lot. You could take a head shot with a scoped rifle from a short/medium distance while she was unloading her truck. You could rush her when she got out of her truck unloading a shotgun, alternating between bird shot and slugs to the head and body. You could even choose not to use a weapon at all if you had the training in MMA.

I just can't see someone with any sort of military or fighter training committing the murder the way it happened (going on the facts we know at the moment).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
ROTARY_DIAL bbm. First of all thank you for your posting contributions. I have NEVER understood the allure of MMA fighting, pummeling another person into a bloody and violent submission. Having said that, I see a person attracted to that sport, even after military service a very scary individual. I guess that's why they call it "mixed martial arts" Ie, anything, any weapon at hand to subdue your victim into submission. Sometimes it appears as if the fighter has gone into a frenzied state during their attack. They keep punching and hitting, even though their opponent is gravely injured, battered and bleeding. People (referees and assts) have to jump in and intervene. STOP THE CARNAGE, ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!
Since MB's funeral was a closed casket....I can't help but wonder....There was no referee or assts to stop the frenzied attack upon poor Missy. So now I have to consider many issues #1) Propensity towards violence #2) A rejected business associate/intimate relationship.#3) Search warrant for phone #4) Linkedin connection/communication preference
So many great sleuths have given great theories.....and I've considered them all & contributed to some. But tonight, I don't think I'll go with, "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN"...Cuz that is exactly where I'm going to look. Thanks for your time....Sleuth on!

You never know. But coincidences like that are fascinating to ponder. For instance, when sniffing around CW's LinkedIn page, I found out we have a common acquaintance...and I'm not even from TX!
I do as well and I'm in Australia!

[video=youtube;ZmVCCBlWUlc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmVCCBlWUlc[/video]

another old but good FBI profiler video, he says the perp knew there was no alarm and no outside cameras, he thinks cops have a person in mind...wish they would hurry up lol

LE have at least 30 minutes of video surveillance, though (they say) none was taken during the actual murder. If the murder happened after 4:20 AM (it did), and they have surveillance video starting with Swatperp's movements at 3:50 AM, how do you know the unknown car was there during the murder (after 4:20)?

It might sound like I'm splitting hairs, but the distinction is important. I am only theorizing that Swatperp left on foot. Have no idea what the unknown car is about, unless it was an accomplice on lookout, and I've not excluded that possibility - and that an accomplice may have driven Swatperp to the church. But I don't believe that unknown car (or an accomplice) was necessarily there during her murder, and the existence of a video frame with that car in it doesn't prove a getaway car was in the lot during her murder. (If it was an accomplice, that'd be cutting things too close for comfort, I'd think).
On the "car in frame" that LEO spoke of.... One way they would know for sure.. if it was there at *advertiser censored* time and was not there when LEO arrived. They have a time frame there. That we don't on the car. (whomever car it is)

Yeppers just like Eric Williams and his druggie wife, she was the lookout, makes perfect sense you would need an accomplice to warn you if the cops were coming or any other distrubance. I suspect it would be a spouse who may not want to roll over so easy. Williams wife was faced with the death penalty that is what made her sing like a canary and she testified against him, she got 40 years I think, he got the DP, hip hip hurray

In the last thread people were posting about the FB check ins and how some people checked in on FB the day before the murder. I am currently in my house in TX and just checked into Disney World in Orlando so don't put too much into FB check ins :)

No, I meant they really were there. I meant those 2 don't normally do that. IMO they both were out of town but doesn't 100% rule them out of this crime. No one has been ruled out.

I haven't watched your video link yet, but it isn't new info that BB didn't want to hear details of the manner of death. I think what he said was that he wasn't ready to hear about it.

That is not a red flag for me at all. He knows the crime was heinous. He knows she's dead and that the funeral had to be closed-casket. I wouldn't want to know the gory details either - maybe not right away. Maybe not ever.

Well, I think the profiler was subtly pointing out that BB's reaction, to him, indicates some wile on BB's part: "I'm not going to discuss how she died [because I am not supposed to know, I'm not falling for that trick]" JMO and my gut reaction too, when BB said in a recent interview that he doesn't know and doesn't want to know how MB died

I can go one worse:

CW deactivated his entire FB account. It was there until a couple of days ago. In fact, people right here on WS mentioned (and I saw it myself) that he hadn't posted in a long time - months, if not a year (someone can correct me if they remember the date better). Then, the day after the murder, he suddenly posted a picture of himself throwing a punch.

At least CT's page is still there. All she did was change the settings to private.

This is true. He posted same day as murder late in day or maybe as late as April 19 to announce his next upcoming pro fight which will be in May. Prior to that, nothing at the least for public viewing for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88