OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders
Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities. As U.S. 23 leads away from Columbus, business parks and strip malls give way to lush stretches of farmland dotted with old farmhouses and rusted silos. Farther south into the Appalachian foothills, churches, pickup trucks and Confederate flags become more common.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

MOD NOTE: Tricia has given permission for sleuths to discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

MOD NOTE: Please don't speculate about the current custody of the minor children who were left alive. It is a blessing they are alive. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. one day they will google their names. And plenty will come up. Thanks.

MOD NOTE: DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12

Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

continue here

Just solidifies what I said yesterday. These people made some poor decisions, which their decisions are more than common in their area, but they weren't bad people.

To even have an ex talk about how good people are is rare these days. FR seemed like a great father. Derby car numbered after BR's birthday and everything. I think these kids were very well loved and grew up in a normal to them situation and didn't even have a second thought having their kids grow up in it.

Just because you can't understand their lifestyle doesn't make them bad people.

I love our rural life. We don't have everything. Our house is probably "junky" compared to others. But we have everything we need. Our hearts are full. We have money, but we don't care. We save it up for the next thing to make memories. The next car we want to buy. We don't take out loans. We don't use our credit cards. We try to pay for everything cash. From the outside we probably look poor because we aren't drowning in debt. We own our home, completely paid off. But we're happy. I'd never want to live in a city or suburbia. This is how I've lived my whole life.

My wanting better is to redo the inside of my house, eventually the outside, nothing extravagant. Maybe put in a permanent driveway, a better riding mower, build a bigger garage. A better garden. Simple things.

I honestly don't think they were bad people at all, never have. Even if all the illegal stuff was going on I believe they were just doing what they had to, in order to take care of their own. I also in no shape or form believe the kids were abused and deserve the right to grow up within the family. My mother lives in the middle of nowhere until recently she didn't even have a street address it was simply at Rt and a box # and while I hated growing up and moved as soon as I could she wouldn't move if you paid her. When she even comes to visit me she stays over an hour away in the middle of nowhere and rents a cabin or mobile home. I believe they were most likely a pretty typical family for the area. Honestly I wish they would've never even released the information reguarding a grow or *advertiser censored* fighting until they knew for sure if that was even a motive, or they had someone in custody. I believe that became too much of a focus instead of 8 people's life's. I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories and such but if this doesn't get solved I think I may seriously think they used the grow as some big cover up to blame the cartel, which I'm positive had no involvement in this case. What they would be covering up idk but I do know it was not the cartel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What could be the motive, that the person(s) wiped out a family in cold blood?
I hear it all the time AR work: I have 4 big dogs and no one can bypass them.
How did the perps bypass all these dogs?
If the perps spent time removing the cameras, covering their tracks etc : what was the time that they actually shot the victims? Donna came home a little past 11pm and BJM was there next morning at 7am. That gives a time span of 7 and half hours. I think the crimes were committed under cover of dark. The sunrise that day was at 6.45am that day.

The fifth warrant might very well be for BR's place, seems like he's staying with his GF. Did I read somwhere that this was BR's fathers old place(CR1's brother B)? The white building in the background must be new, it's not showing in google earth? The barn and trees are identical, imo.

Couldn't the fifth warrant also be something as simple as IJ's house, considering they took things from him according to him? Or BJM's because she found them? Or the big garage next to CRsr's that some are saying wasn't his property?

To go back to the fifth location. This is the barn that I think they were at on the video of 4/22.
attachment.php

Attachments

• BRs Trailer.jpg
    BRs Trailer.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 1,243
Couldn't the fifth warrant also be something as simple as IJ's house, considering they took things from him according to him? Or BJM's because she found them? Or the big garage next to CRsr's that some are saying wasn't his property?

The reporter in the video is standing outside the barn just down the road from KR's, there is no doubt in my mind. If that is actually the property for which the warrant was given, Idk.

https://goo.gl/maps/Vzuh4JLUnDz

(http://m.whio.com/videos/news/new-p.../vDqhhQ/?ecmp=whiotv_social_facebook_2014_sfp)

People are making too much of the dogs imo. A juicy steak with a strong sedative would easily take care of the dogs. LE probably should've taken blood samples from the dogs that first morning.

If they were drugged, it's a pretty big clue that it was someone not well known to the family most likely.

I think what I have said has been misunderstood. I've never judged their lifestyle-how they lived, where they lived, etc., I have only said that, if they were generating extra money from somewhere else, no evidence of it can be seen in how they lived or what they owned. Yes...I get we all have different ideas of what makes us happy, and I know all about doing what you need to survive But, from the outside looking in? I don't know why a stranger or even casual aquaintane would look at this family and be jealous of what they see in terms of money, especially enough to want to get rid of them all. How on earth would you possibly even begin to wonder if they had some kind of secret money/drug stash if you're just basing it on what you SEE. You'd have to know something that the rest of the world doesn't...and either covet what they have and WANT it, or find it a threat to your own livelihood. But still...you would have to KNOW something. Otherwise, you're just taking wild guess.

So....if it is related to the pot or any money related to it, then it's got to be someone with knowledge of it, right?

I am only trying to connect dots with the information I have. Sadly, this is some of the information, and with it comes suggestions of criminal activity that can't be overlooked. It's not a question of how I feel about what they're doing (which I don't feel is really wrong).....but it's the elephant in the room no matter how many ways you go about looking at it. While the Rhodens might not have been driven by greed, it is possible someone else was....and it ultimately cost them their lives.

Maybe my assumption that they were looking for money for the sake of having more than they wanted or needed is wrong, but that doesn't negate the fact that it's still a factor in play.

Regarding the $60k thing, I'm reasonably confident that's the sales price for both parcels combined and it seems to match its value. As has been mentioned, it's the same date, 2 parcels, and same deed # listed on the auditor's site.

I am 20+ miles from here but in a different county. My in-laws bought a place around here about 10 years ago. When I search their records on the auditor's site, there are four parcels shown. Their records appear just like this one - all four parcels list $57k as the sales price. I know for certain that was the total they paid, not $228k.

To go back to the fifth location. This is the barn that I think they were at on the video of 4/22.
attachment.php

That if I'm not mistaken is the barn at the fork of Left Fork Road, just up the road from Kenneth Rhoden's murder scene. It is in Pike County. It is where the news reporter is reporting from but is not the 5th location which is "just across the Scioto County border". There's a few locations that would qualify as "just across the border" that are associated with people who are close to the Rhodens..

...and that's all I can say.

<modsnip>
I agree w/that theory too, or maybe more than one, had been mixed up in some things they shouldn't have, and the Rhodens were fixing to get busted and he figured they'd narc on him. People have done pretty bad things to keep from going to prison for a long period of time. As far as the dogs, I don't really see them as a huge problem. A lot of times people misjudge the ferocity of their dogs. Most dog's barks are much worse than their bites. These dogs were probably used to seeing a lot of foot traffic in and out too. I've said it before, but I've seen programs, where they had people on, who were sure their dogs would defend their homes, and bite an intruder, but the dog either hid, just sat there, or followed the intruder around and barked incessantly. Not one dog actually bit anyone.

The amount of people taking up for them regarding their way of life baffles me. I've lived here all my life and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being country. I don't care how much money people have, I don't judge anyone based on that but they were involved in some incredibly shady and illegal activities that (more than likely) cost them their lives. As a parent, it's my job to protect my children and raise them in a healthy environment. The whole "they were just trying to provide for their family" excuse is lame. I know plenty of people here who work their butts off with legit jobs to provide for their family and don't have to resort to questionable methods. I just can't get on board with that way of thinking I guess. Maybe I lack compassion, empathy, etc. Not sure.
I guess my point - no one is bashing them for being poor- I know I'm not. But I don't agree with their way of life and I can't ignore that just because of what happened.

The amount of people taking up for them regarding their way of life baffles me. I've lived here all my life and there is absolutely nothing wrong with being country. I don't care how much money people have, I don't judge anyone based on that but they were involved in some incredibly shady and illegal activities that (more than likely) cost them their lives. As a parent, it's my job to protect my children and raise them in a healthy environment. The whole "they were just trying to provide for their family" excuse is lame. I know plenty of people here who work their butts off with legit jobs to provide for their family and don't have to resort to questionable methods. I just can't get on board with that way of thinking I guess. Maybe I lack compassion, empathy, etc. Not sure.
I guess my point - no one is bashing them for being poor- I know I'm not. But I don't agree with their way of life and I can't ignore that just because of what happened.

I think everyone is fully aware and competent in the fact there were illegal activities going on.

Doesn't mean they were bad people or didn't love their families with all of their hearts. Doesn't mean they were abusive to their kids. Doesn't mean they weren't PEOPLE.

I'm certain you've never made a bad decision in life.

It also sounds like DR did work her butt off.

It also sounds like CRsr was a carpenter of sorts taking odd jobs, which plenty of people do and isn't light work.

I guess you should be thankful you've never found yourself in a desperate situation and felt like you've had no options. It's not fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni