TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't necessarily believe the killer is a psychopath - no way of knowing that. Plenty of people do heinous and unthinkable things and they aren't psychopaths.

If the killer then went about their daily life with no outward signs of distress, I'll change my mind :) I'm fascinated to know how they behaved afterwards.

ETA: I always want to know what their family, friends or colleagues noticed about their behavior in the hours, days and weeks afterwards.

I also find changes in behavior to be very interesting, but may I respectfully add a different view? Wouldn't it almost be normal for the killer to 'flip the switch' and return to their normal routine? Like put that awful event into a box in your mind and compartmentalize it - dissociate that whole memory from the rest of your life? Then they wouldn't seem too different to an outsider. Now, at some point in the near or far future, that compartment may well burst open with a lot of feelings that need to be dealt with, but I think returning to the everyday routine may help to block out the horror of what the killer has done.

For this same reason, I think saying that a mother couldn't commit a crime like this is hogwash. The most dangerous member of any species is a mother who feels she needs to defend her young. I'm no criminal or even a particularly violent person, but I know I could kill if my loved ones were in mortal danger. I wouldn't enjoy it and I have no idea how I would deal with the aftermath, but there is not a doubt in my mind I could. Since I do feel this is a female perp, maybe she felt this same way - but she somehow convinced or rationalized to herself that Missy represented some kind of 'mortal' danger to her or her family unit. I am ABSOLUTELY not saying this was a reasonable rationalization for the perp to reach, but clearly we are not talking about a reasonable person. But I doubt we are talking about a psychopath - as they are unable to care about others. I think we are dealing with someone who cared all too much about someone(s) else.

Well, I think the profiler was subtly pointing out that BB's reaction, to him, indicates some wile on BB's part: "I'm not going to discuss how she died [because I am not supposed to know, I'm not falling for that trick]" JMO and my gut reaction too, when BB said in a recent interview that he doesn't know and doesn't want to know how MB died

OMG!!! I hadn't even thought of that. Brilliant deduction and, IMO, very, very possible.

Nah, that's an average for all of US. It's much less in Texas, and if you are thrifty, you can live just fine on around $50k with no gov't assistance IMO.

OT-- You may have missed your calling... Money Management Consultant.

This is true. He posted same day as murder late in day or maybe as late as April 19 to announce his next upcoming pro fight which will be in May. Prior to that, nothing at the least for public viewing for a long time.

Hmmm. The post I saw had nothing but a picture. No comment, nothing. It was eerie, to me.

Yeah I thought that too verb. Unless he was really stressed out, hadn't slept and was bogged down from the gear. CW weighs about 145. If he is involved it might be some other female he's somehow involved with, romantically or otherwise, helping him out. I really doubt it's his wife though. She could move on down the line and get any guy she wants if he turns out to be the perp. And she would have way too much to lose by killing anyone. This was the action of a desperate person, be it m or f. Anyone wonder if it might be possible that MB was pregnant? That's a common motive for murder.

I brought up the possibility that he got MB pregnant, but someone said it wasn't possible b/c she had a hysterectomy. So who knows.

Would 145 be considered fat for a 5'8 female? Sometimes swat-perps legs look thin but the thighs and butt look fat to me. Maybe he/she is wearing an extra pair of pants /clothes under that getup. I doubt a 145 featherweight pro fighters butt would naturally look that fat without layers of clothes.

He is 165 according to this link:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/fighter/Casey-Williams:2F3A41ED40EAD1E9

Now, I can't find anything about him fighting over the last few years, making me wonder what he's looking like now, and why he stopped (if he did stop). Too many injuries? Body worn out? Very few, if any, can stand that much physical abuse for very long.

If it were me my thinking would be, "What?!" What happened, what did they do to her?" I would be asking this immediately, it's called disbelief and denial which kicks in before the grief, thus the need for more information. This said, I'm not saying I think BB had anything to do with it. If it's true that he had no questions about how his wife died though, It's somewhat of a red flag for me. Just fwiw and jmo.

BBM
Same here, point taken. However (btw I did watch the video) the expert was referring to BB's statements which he made to a reporter on the day that the cause of death was announced. None of us know what the initial conversation was between BB and the police the morning of MB's death. That's the point where we'd need to ask what the husband's reaction was, not weeks later when the details are made to the general public.

But I really do have a problem with the way BB's mother believed MB was instead killed in a car crash. I know a lot of us have assumed that the mother misconstrued the conversation and she assumed it was a terrible car crash, but I don't believe that. I think BB told his mother it was a car crash, even though that's not what the P.D. told him. It is curious why BB went into that realm of denial.

Hes 27 and he still fights. Just started training hard again and is fighting next month. He's not over the hill but I see your points. I think it could be the layers of clothes to make him look fatter. He'd know LE would be at his door because of the linked in stuff so he'd have to be ready to disguise himself. That probably bogged him down, if he's the one. She probably told him things weren't great with the husband and about the money problems, maybe he wanted to frame him or some fat hit guy. The husbands not fat that I could see.

I think you must be looking at old information. He is 33 years old according to this site:

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/fighter/Casey-Williams:2F3A41ED40EAD1E9

33 also matches up with his high school graduation date of 2001. 33 - 15 years ago = 18 (standard age at graduation).

And according to that link, he hasn't fought in several years.

Could the perp have gained closer access to Missy by wearing the gear? Perhaps he could have said, "Hey I have been waiting for you to get here because something has happened to your husband." This would allow the perp to approach Missy without her fleeing. I am thinking if I enter a church at 4am and see that person there, I would run.
So how did this SWAT person get close enough to Missy to strike, without arousing any fears? And also, the perp moves so awkwardly. If Missy ran, she would get away. So I am thinking maybe the SWAT gear was used for multiple purposes.

ETA: Maybe the perp said, "There has been a break-in here....come with me."

MB might have wondered where his police cruiser/motorcycle was ? There is something terrifying about the perp's appearance. jmo

Starting to think this was some young guy who became obsessed with MB, and her physique. He may well have stalked her long enough to know her exact routine, and I would bet that he is the one who sent her at least one "creepy message " on LI. Possible for the tech people at LI to get his ISP address ?

https://www.facebook.com/CrimeTimeWithAllisonHopeWeiner/

OMG watch the video posted on this page, a FBI profiler says BB didnt want to know how MB was killed ? Do we know this ? Is this old info ? He says that sends a red flag

Idk-if someone told me my spouse had been impaled and/or pulverized, or something similar (that maybe isn't public knowledge yet) etc., idk that I would want the details to imagine it, esp. right off-what if the injury that was actually the killing one was quite horrific?

I also find changes in behavior to be very interesting, but may I respectfully add a different view? Wouldn't it almost be normal for the killer to 'flip the switch' and return to their normal routine? Like put that awful event into a box in your mind and compartmentalize it - dissociate that whole memory from the rest of your life? Then they wouldn't seem too different to an outsider. Now, at some point in the near or far future, that compartment may well burst open with a lot of feelings that need to be dealt with, but I think returning to the everyday routine may help to block out the horror of what the killer has done.

For this same reason, I think saying that a mother couldn't commit a crime like this is hogwash. The most dangerous member of any species is a mother who feels she needs to defend her young. I'm no criminal or even a particularly violent person, but I know I could kill if my loved ones were in mortal danger. I wouldn't enjoy it and I have no idea how I would deal with the aftermath, but there is not a doubt in my mind I could. Since I do feel this is a female perp, maybe she felt this same way - but she somehow convinced or rationalized to herself that Missy represented some kind of 'mortal' danger to her or her family unit. I am ABSOLUTELY not saying this was a reasonable rationalization for the perp to reach, but clearly we are not talking about a reasonable person. But I doubt we are talking about a psychopath - as they are unable to care about others. I think we are dealing with someone who cared all too much about someone(s) else.

I don't think it's a psychopath, either. And I agree with your comments - all of these make sense to me :) especially your point about compartmentalizing! There may be a sense of relief for the killer having gotten rid of the focus of their problems.

That's going to be extra disturbing if it turns out the nobody saw any difference in behavior afterwards.

====================== this is odd, I'm sorry - the comments below were actually meant to be to a different post. Don't know what I did here, lol.

I also think it would be enough (in the beginning, but I don't put a time limit on it.) to know your spouse was murdered. For many people, the details aren't important at that point - I wouldn't need or want to know how many shots (if gun) close up for far away, how many stabs, where she was stabbed, details like that would fuel my imagination and that would be even worse. I'd absolutely want to know, but only I could make that determination of when I'd be ready.

BB doesn't look really physically healthy to me (aside from the obvious stress of his wife being murdered), and I don't blame him for not wanting the details until he's ready. He looks to be holding himself in a way that suggests physical discomfort or pain to me.

I could be totally wrong, it wouldn't be the first time :peace:

The only issue that I immediately notice is this guy, CW, uses his fists as weapons. He doesn't bludgeon opponents with a tool. He doesn't need a screwdriver to get the job done. Nor does he appear to possess the persona of a killer. He apologized for breaking the fighter's arm by saying the guy "didn't tap". This is a man who joined the military after 9/11. He is a patriot. He fights in a cage. He does not accost women, jmho. He loves them and likely flirts with them. I don't think that he kills them by sitting on their chest while stabbing them with a tool.

IOW, the SP is a coward who ambushed this precious lady during a time when she would least expect it. After all, she was inside the Church of Christ.

Yes, and when he bludgeons people with his fists, those fists show evidence - fighters get bruised hands, even broken fingers, scrapes, etc. very frequently. He's not likely to risk the police seeing his hands messed up like that when he hadn't had an MMA fight in several years. It would be suspicious to everybody around him. Using a tool is still personal enough (more personal than a gun) without marking his hands up as Exhibits A and B.

As for his being a patriot or military, sorry, but military people are human too, and have been known to kill. Being a soldier does NOT exonerate anyone in my book.

MB might have wondered where his police cruiser/motorcycle was ? There is something terrifying about the perp's appearance. jmo

Starting to think this was some young guy who became obsessed with MB, and her physique. He may well have stalked her long enough to know her exact routine, and I would bet that he is the one who sent her at least one "creepy message " on LI. Possible for the tech people at LI to get his ISP address ?

Yes, I've proposed this idea before. I think it's possible that maybe the perp intended to leave a scary message at the scene. But she got there before the preparations were finished. Perp then lures her to close proximity by telling her there's been a break-in. Then hits her by surprise when she's close.

If it were me my thinking would be, "What?!" What happened, what did they do to her?" I would be asking this immediately, it's called disbelief and denial which kicks in before the grief, thus the need for more information. This said, I'm not saying I think BB had anything to do with it. If it's true that he had no questions about how his wife died though, It's somewhat of a red flag for me. Just fwiw and jmo.

I remember in the OJ case, the LAPD Homicide detectives called him in Chicago to tell him that Nicole had been killed...he never asked how, he just said he would be on the first flight back to LA. They knew, at that point, that OJ killed her. I am not saying that this happened in this case, just that it gave me pause when I saw it. JMO.

Idk-if someone told me my spouse had been impaled and/or pulverized, or something similar (that maybe isn't public knowledge yet) etc., idk that I would want the details to imagine it, esp. right off-what if the injury that was actually the killing one was quite horrific?
They also didn't have an open casket of any type. He may have been given a clue of how injured she was during the time when the body was prepared for burial. To be honest, if someone just said that my husband had been brutally murdered with injuries to his head and chest so severe that an open casket was not an option, I'm not sure I would want to know more. I remember when Jodi Arias wanted to see pictures of Travis after he died and I was disgusted by that request. This may be one of those instances where BB is damned if he wanted more info, and damned if he didn't depending on your perspective. There are times when BB sets off my hinky meter, but this isn't one of those times.

Has it been stated at all how long AJT knew MB? Also, to me, the killer's eyebrows look fairly thin, thinner than a man's.

BBM
Same here, point taken. However (btw I did watch the video) the expert was referring to BB's statements which he made to a reporter on the day that the cause of death was announced. None of us know what the initial conversation was between BB and the police the morning of MB's death. That's the point where we'd need to ask what the husband's reaction was, not weeks later when the details are made to the general public.

But I really do have a problem with the way BB's mother believed MB was instead killed in a car crash. I know a lot of us have assumed that the mother misconstrued the conversation and she assumed it was a terrible car crash, but I don't believe that. I think BB told his mother it was a car crash, even though that's not what the P.D. told him. It is curious why BB went into that realm of denial.

I don't put any stock on the car accident as how she died. It can be really hard to have to tell someone their family member has died and many, many people will start off by saying "There's been an accident" rather than immediately going into "I'm sorry to have to tell you, but your wife has been found murdered". The murder part comes later, but people generally try to break it gently. Some people (especially professionals or experienced in this) will pick up on whether the receiving person is ready to hear more details and waits for them to ask. If they don't ask, they may or may not explain further, but no details. It's may have been easier and/or kinder to let people assume 'car accident' and go from there. I can also picture BB telling his mom it was an accident and she herself inferred 'car'.

A few ways misinformation gets moved along. :( Personally, I think it would be kinder to tell anyone who will immediately be traveling to be with their loved one or family, to let them think it's an accident and not a deliberate murder. Thinking it was an accident would be stressful enough to be stuck with while coming home, but your wife being murdered - brutally murdered - would be extreme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member