TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually MMA is less brutal than boxing. A boxer's heavily taped hand, inserted into heavier padded boxing gloves allows them to punch an opponent as hard as they can without feeling the contact or breaking the hand. In boxing, the taped hands are so heavily taped it feels concrete like. In MMA the hands are taped less and the gloves are less padded, which means the hand is much easier broken if a fighter punches as hard as they can. The "frenzied state" you speak of is usually less violent than you think. When a fighter wildly throws haymakers to finish off an opponent, if you watch closely rarely do those haymakers land squarely on the opponent to do any further damage. Just saying...and yes I'm an MMA fan.

With all due respect, I've seen broken noses, broken feet, broken arms, broken hands, etc. all part of MMA. It may be more, less, or equally violent with respect to boxing, but it's still a violent sport that involves beating another human being. In the case of the person in question, if he turns out to be the perp, his penchant for violent sports will just be another piece of the puzzle.

Exactly. And if either gender were going to be able to point to hormones as a defense, it should be men, who are far more hormonally challenged, if you consider how violent testosterone can make someone. Estrogen doesn't make anyone violent.

Female bodies make testosterone too, albeit in smaller amounts than males. The levels can get out of whack. Some women take testosterone supplements to build muscle and for other reasons.
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/muscle-fitness-hers/hers-supplements/testosterone-its-not-just-men

Actually MMA is less brutal than boxing. A boxer's heavily taped hand, inserted into heavier padded boxing gloves allows them to punch an opponent as hard as they can without feeling the contact or breaking the hand. In boxing, the taped hands are so heavily taped it feels concrete like. In MMA the hands are taped less and the gloves are less padded, which means the hand is much easier broken if a fighter punches as hard as they can. The "frenzied state" you speak of is usually less violent than you think. When a fighter wildly throws haymakers to finish off an opponent, if you watch closely rarely do those haymakers land squarely on the opponent to do any further damage. Just saying...and yes I'm an MMA fan.

With all due respect, I've seen broken noses, broken feet, broken arms, broken hands, etc. all part of MMA. It may be more, less, or equally violent with respect to boxing, but it's still a violent sport that involves beating another human being.

Female bodies make testosterone too, albeit in smaller amounts than males. The levels can get out of whack. Some women take testosterone supplements to build muscle and for other reasons.
http://www.muscleandfitness.com/muscle-fitness-hers/hers-supplements/testosterone-its-not-just-men

Absolutely true. But men make far more of it, and are, therefore, far more likely to become violent because of it. \\

Men's hormone levels fluctuate, too, for the record. Maybe it's time they were questioned about the time of the month when they are moody. ;)

JMO, I think you have had a brilliant idea! All we have done here so far is beating several dead horses to death over & over & over again & over again.

I don't think that we will be allowed to pursue it, though.

Is there steroid use in MMA...head injury...or unrequited love affecting reasoning?

Yes, there is steroid use:

http://www.cagepotato.com/mma-steroid-busts-definitive-timeline/

In fact, when I first heard that the DEA was involved, I immediately commented that LE may have suspected the perp of dealing or buying steroids. Maybe the conversations between MB and CW showed him talking about steroid use, and so the DEA was brought in. Even if he is innocent of murder, they will still want to investigate with regard to steroids.

I don't think that we will be allowed to pursue it, though.

Agree. We will be vacationed before dinner time. Lol. So I wouldn't want any person to elaborate on a quick mention. Thanks for reminding us to not slueth that theoretical option.

Has it been stated at all how long AJT knew MB? Also, to me, the killer's eyebrows look fairly thin, thinner than a man's.

In that picture, I see one eyebrow nearly missing, while the other one is very heavy and dark. I agree with the others who have said that these pictures really don't help.

I also find changes in behavior to be very interesting, but may I respectfully add a different view? Wouldn't it almost be normal for the killer to 'flip the switch' and return to their normal routine? Like put that awful event into a box in your mind and compartmentalize it - dissociate that whole memory from the rest of your life? Then they wouldn't seem too different to an outsider. Now, at some point in the near or far future, that compartment may well burst open with a lot of feelings that need to be dealt with, but I think returning to the everyday routine may help to block out the horror of what the killer has done.

For this same reason, I think saying that a mother couldn't commit a crime like this is hogwash. The most dangerous member of any species is a mother who feels she needs to defend her young. I'm no criminal or even a particularly violent person, but I know I could kill if my loved ones were in mortal danger. I wouldn't enjoy it and I have no idea how I would deal with the aftermath, but there is not a doubt in my mind I could. Since I do feel this is a female perp, maybe she felt this same way - but she somehow convinced or rationalized to herself that Missy represented some kind of 'mortal' danger to her or her family unit. I am ABSOLUTELY not saying this was a reasonable rationalization for the perp to reach, but clearly we are not talking about a reasonable person. But I doubt we are talking about a psychopath - as they are unable to care about others. I think we are dealing with someone who cared all too much about someone(s) else.

This is an excellent post and pretty much where my head is at right now in terms of how and why the perp could be going about their life as though everything is fine. I personally think they immediately felt relief after murdering Missy, almost like they had been obsessing over it and once they acted on their plan, the relief came because whatever threat they felt Missy posed to them was now gone. IMO, I doubt this person is still feeling this way and I think reality is creeping in. How they react to that, I have no idea.

Did no one else think it curious that when AJT's garbage was "stolen", his friend thought "feds" were involved?

Yes, I found it odd and made me think that maybe the friend knew something about someone in the home being questioned in the days prior to the trash being taken.

I also would be very suprised if CT hasn't already hired a lawyer.

Absolutely true. But men make far more of it, and are, therefore, far more likely to become violent because of it. \\

Men's hormone levels fluctuate, too, for the record. Maybe it's time they were questioned about the time of the month when they are moody. ;)

I know, but it might be a reason why we're having such a difficult time determining the gender of the perp.

I also find changes in behavior to be very interesting, but may I respectfully add a different view? Wouldn't it almost be normal for the killer to 'flip the switch' and return to their normal routine? Like put that awful event into a box in your mind and compartmentalize it - dissociate that whole memory from the rest of your life? Then they wouldn't seem too different to an outsider. Now, at some point in the near or far future, that compartment may well burst open with a lot of feelings that need to be dealt with, but I think returning to the everyday routine may help to block out the horror of what the killer has done. For this same reason, I think saying that a mother couldn't commit a crime like this is hogwash. The most dangerous member of any species is a mother who feels she needs to defend her young. I'm no criminal or even a particularly violent person, but I know I could kill if my loved ones were in mortal danger. I wouldn't enjoy it and I have no idea how I would deal with the aftermath, but there is not a doubt in my mind I could. Since I do feel this is a female perp, maybe she felt this same way - but she somehow convinced or rationalized to herself that Missy represented some kind of 'mortal' danger to her or her family unit. I am ABSOLUTELY not saying this was a reasonable rationalization for the perp to reach, but clearly we are not talking about a reasonable person. But I doubt we are talking about a psychopath - as they are unable to care about others. I think we are dealing with someone who cared all too much about someone(s) else.
Respectfully BBM. For not the first time, I am reminded of a wiretapped phone conversation betwee Scott Peterson and his mother, where she said, "Deny, Deny, Deny." I find MT's comments in this case disingenuous, particularly regarding CG (People interview). I wonder if any phones are wiretapped in this case and we will find out later with the release of the rest of the search warrants.

Obviously two white people married would not get mentioned.

That's just it. If the perp is CT, why on earth does the race of her husband matter? We know his name and can use that.

I thought you were meaning in a much broader sense than just here on this forum, that is why I said it was an identifier, clearly his race does not matter.

neesaki said:
If it were me my thinking would be, "What?!" What happened, what did they do to her?" I would be asking this immediately, it's called disbelief and denial which kicks in before the grief, thus the need for more information. This said, I'm not saying I think BB had anything to do with it. If it's true that he had no questions about how his wife died though, It's somewhat of a red flag for me. Just fwiw and jmo.
I remember in the OJ case, the LAPD Homicide detectives called him in Chicago to tell him that Nicole had been killed...he never asked how, he just said he would be on the first flight back to LA. They knew, at that point, that OJ killed her. I am not saying that this happened in this case, just that it gave me pause when I saw it. JMO.
I really like both of these points. If it were me, I would demand to see the body. I would want to read the autopsy report and know every detail. The higher my innocence and shock, the more information I would need to overcome my fear and anxiety. But that's just me and MOO, and a murder never having happened around me, I can only relate it to how I deal with family medical emergencies.

I had posted some time ago my thoughts that the murderer was opening every door in the corridor where her work out room was and where she would be unloading. If a door had a window, it was broken. If it couldn't be opened with a pry bar, it was left alone. I think this person was making a back up plan in case Missy got away. With every door opened, they would quickly know which room Missy escaped to, by which door she closed behind her. The glass was broken so the door could be unlocked. Nothing was "staged". Missy would also not be able to open the doors which couldn't be opened with a pry bar.....which is why they were left alone. I think the mystery objects were used as door stops on doors which didn't stay open on their own. The time frame of opportunity was very small and this killer thought of everything. I think it's one nasty, evil person.

I remember you saying that! It's stuck with me and makes a ton of sense. So much planning, so much strategy. Think of how long a person had to think about their plan. I wonder if they made notes somewhere? They'd be smart to burn the paper.....

For me, planning anything complicated or new involves tons of notes, lists, reminders.... I'm referring to grocery shopping, cleaning the house, etc. The new events in my life are strictly meetings and birthday parties!!

Yes the box has been discussed on these forums and other forums. I agree it's too short for plastic wrap, as it appears to only be about a foot long or so. There's been several ideas, everywhere from taser to gun silencer, saran wrap to door hardware, vaultz case to cardboard flashlight box, and more. I'm personally leaning toward a case or flashlight box, myself.

As far as the swing of the perp, I think it looks a little uncertain or weak-ish. Not necessarily "like a woman" weak, but more just inexperience or lack of confidence with the scenario. The entire footage of this person gives me the overall feeling of someone with nervous anticipation, not the "cocky swagger" as others have seen. Rather, I see someone who displays those fidgety, pent up, pointless behaviors that people do while waiting for something to go down. Pacing, snooping, milling around, etc.

This is still something I don't understand and maybe someone who studied the layout of the church can help. To me it doesn't make sense to be walking around all slow and hanging out in halls with no windows. It was raining and he/she had the helmet on so it seems like it would have been risky to do that and possibly have MB walk in and see the killer before he/she sees her. Wouldn't it make more sense to get in there and hide somewhere until she comes in?

Hey there! Does anyone remember someone talking about a white cell phone on here at any point? I could have sworn I remember that, but I can't find it and need it. If anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it so much! Thank you [emoji39]

I remember that white cell phone convo—and I have since found a male related to the case who has a white cell phone. If you still need to find the conversation, I can help search. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288