OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reading this makes me think of killers dressed as LE. I also recall reports of SWAT equipment being stolen somewhere in Ohio.

Suppose it could also mean LM was PO'd at LE at the time he said that.

Reporter: "Are you worried about any other members of your family?"

Leonard: "Well, let's put it this way... You know, I asked the Sheriff and, uh, Senator or whatever you want to call it... over there at the church, and I didn't get no answer, and I told him in front of a hundred and fifty people, that's all of 'em I got... If... If they a deputy or somethin' come to my house and he kicks on the door sayin' he's a deputy or somethin'... Look Out!

We don't know what time she arrived, so we don't know if it was a long visit or not. She just says she dropped him off Thursday night and visited until about 2230.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess we shouldn't be assuming anything, but would think you would drop off a three year old in time for him to settle and get to bed at a decent time.

OTOH when one is in a situation permanently, rather than just a vacation, one gets used to it. And possibly he really only slept tehre and was outside, or with family elsewhere, a lot of the time.

My ex's Dad chooses to live in a camper. He loves it. He likes that he can basically "move" whenever he wants and still be living in the same place and he likes to just keep to himself. It wouldn't be my choice, but if it work for him.. It works. He's single. Kids don't live with him and are much older now anyway.

We don't know what time she arrived, so we don't know if it was a long visit or not. She just says she dropped him off Thursday night and visited until about 2230.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was getting at. Thank you.

OTOH when one is in a situation permanently, rather than just a vacation, one gets used to it. And possibly he really only slept tehre and was outside, or with family elsewhere, a lot of the time.

Regarding a fifth wheel being very confining. My husband is 6' 4" and we purchased a fifth wheel instead of a trailer for that reason. There is alot of headroom in a fifth wheel. The only place he had to hunch over was right beside the top/raised bedroom.

Guess we shouldn't be assuming anything, but would think you would drop off a three year old in time for him to settle and get to bed at a decent time.

Well it happened last minute because someone at daycare was sick, so maybe she worked late Thursday night or she didn't get the call until later in the day. While it's not ideal, occasionally I have to pick up my step sons later than I would prefer because it was unplanned and things don't get figured out until late. Or maybe FR and HG were busy until that time. It's definitely not ideal, but it happens. It wasn't like he had to get up early to go to school the next day. JMO.

I understood that he was found on the same road as KR's camper. Accusations were made on social media.

There is also an article out there about a female with the same last name, and her boyfriend, found murdered Feb 2015 in Colorado. Bullet holes in a mattress.
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2015/02/03/loveland-woman-murdered-in-her-home/

The rumors aren't that he was found on KR's road (at least not the ones I've read). He was found where the article states. The rumor was that he was killed in the driveway of someone related to those murdered and then moved to Crabtree Cemetery Road.

That's what I was getting at. Thank you.

Yes, I agree. Was just throwing the facts out there so it doesn't grow legs into this thing with them all being so close because she visited until 2230. She could have gotten there at 2220. It does seem like they had a civil relationship. Though I doubt she would want to say anything bad about her son's deceased father knowing he will read things one day, but that's at least showing she had some respect for him at the very least.

Oh dear, here comes three pages of discussion of how the local banker killed the Rhodens ... :D

Probably. Because he probably made a deal he would pay the other 30,000 off in 1 week and put his family up for collateral.

The recorder site is not functioning right now. All mortgages are recorded there. The tax card says CR1 was the tax payer, typically mortgages are escrowed and the tax payer would be the bank or a 3rd party administering it for the bank.

Where are you finding info on a loan?

My dad taught me to never escrow insurance or taxes. Pay them separately. Why pay interest on house insurance and property taxes was his philosophy.

Someone state that Chris sr got a loan for $30,000.00 and paid cash for the remaining $30,000.00. I believe this is where DR lived. I can't imagine a bank loaning that much out to someone who doesn't have a steady job. If he got a loan from a bank has it been paid back?

Self-employed people get loans every day. If you have assets over the loan amount, of course they will give you a loan. Particularly if it's a small local bank, like the one that gave Chris the mortgage. He most likely did all his banking there.

As far as it being paid off, it was taken out 3.21.16. The murders happened a month later. There wasn't cash to pay for funerals. It's safe to say it's not paid off.

Self-employed people get loans every day. If you have assets over the loan amount, of course they will give you a loan. Particularly if it's a small local bank, like the one that gave Chris the mortgage. He most likely did all his banking there.

As far as it being paid off, it was taken out 3.21.16. The murders happened a month later. There wasn't cash to pay for funerals. It's safe to say it's not paid off.

Exactly. If you bank at our credit union in town, you can pretty much guarantee you can get a loan regardless of if you have bad credit or you don't have a job but have something like property to put up, which most people out here do.

We've discussed before that many country families are "land rich" because the property stays in the family for years.

On that home facts site talking about crime and other facts about your town, I looked in my area to see that 76% of people own their homes out here, 20% are vacant and only 4% rent. Since most land gets passed down, most own at least something to put up. It wouldn't surprise me if Piketon is the same way. And if CRsr banked there and was in good standing with a small bank like the ones out here, he could easily get the loan. Chances are he knows the guy in one way or another. Small town life.

JMO.

I wondered about the $30,000 loan too. It's not that easy to get mortgages (or personal loans) even from a "small local bank." My father in law has a very profitable business and makes incredibly good money, has excellent credit and even he's had trouble at some point getting a loan. When you are self employed you have to show a lot more information than you do when you just work a regular job. I.e.: tax returns, bank statements, etc.

Winter -- Awesome and interesting post the way you connected so much !!! TY!

Just think about it -whom would have the most knowledge of how the system works, ways to clean up after muliple murders, and keep everyone silent in small rural communites..

Add in our increasing awareness of the severity of the drug trade in the region conclusions can be made.
We have all learned much about Pinkertons curruption in LE.

Power/Control/Money..................................

Tid Bits:

Kentucky ............. one of the most corrupt states in the country. In fact, in Kentucky between 2003 and 2012, approximately 300 individuals were convicted of federal crimes related to public

take at look at this case:
In his original and amended complaints, Lowe names as defendants the Kentucky Court of Justice; the Kentucky Department of Public Advocacy ("DPA"); the Kentucky State Police ("KSP"); the Boone County Sheriff's Department; the Boone County Jail; Chief Justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court John D. Minton, Jr.; DPA attorneys Edward C. Monahan, Steve Florian, and Rachael Neugent; KSP Captain Anthony Taulbee; Boone County Sheriff Michael Helmig; and Boone County Jailer Edward Prindle

Interestingly ! Not one official was found guilty of anything! Pls see bolded above !

Heroin seizure made by troopers in Scioto County traffic stop

First Posted: 3:51 pm - May 13th, 2016

I chuckled when I thought I wonder if rural living causes hearing loss; wherein in three seperate situitions no one hears a thing.....................

http://portsmouth-dailytimes.com/news/7763/heroin-seizure-made-by-troopers-in-scioto-county-traffic-stop

corruption.https://www.fbi.gov/louisville/pres...orruption-within-the-commonwealth-of-kentucky

http://www.leagle.com/decision/In FDCO 20150403788/LOWE v. KENTUCKY COURT OF JUSTICE

To me the suspects have the same MO in all three family executions, most everyone was shot in their heads, not sure about Carolyn and Charles yet, but they were in their beds. Most everyone execucted in their beds. Between all the homes there were seven children, none of the kids harmed. Three teenagers were killed between Dana and Candy's. They've covered their tracks without anyone seeing them in six homes now.

The Rhodens were the only ones out in the country, neighbors right next to Carolyn didn't hear anything, or have anything on their security camera. Those homes, on Carolyn's street, are right next to one another, no witnesses. Candy lived in a mobile home park, no witnesses.

Both Candy Newsome, and her daughter were shot in the back of the head, Candy in bed, Mykal running away, according to Candy's stepfather.
http://nbc4i.com/2016/04/28/pike-co...cioto-co-family-who-lost-mother-and-daughter/

Carolyn Thomlinson got involved with Charles Eapmon, possibly a drug dealer. He has a long criminal record and arrests from drugs. One of the signs of dealing is people coming and going.

"It's a rental property, a lot of people did come and go, no doubt about that."
Hueslman and another neighbor, Kim Estep, said police were often called to the home."
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/new...16/04/06/two-bodies-found-nky-house/82702752/

Being less than two hours away from one another, maybe dealt with the same people. The killers are so very confident they can get away with it, they've done it three times now to twelve people.

Was Chris fronted money to buy the property he bought with cash? Maybe all three families owed money.

Good grief- can we stop with the small town assumptions? Local credit unions here don't give out loans just for the heck of it even if people have bad credit just because we live in a rural area and are country. That is very inaccurate! The banks here aren't just handing money to whoever walks through the door.

Wanted to add- also the mentality that everyone knows everyone is not true either. I live close and I'd never heard of the last name Rhoden until now. I'll just assume that people making these statements have never been to a small town. This isn't Mayberry.

Good grief- can we stop with the small town assumptions? Local credit unions here don't give out loans just for the heck of it even if people have bad credit just because we live in a rural area and are country. That is very inaccurate! The banks here aren't just handing money to whoever walks through the door.

It's not assumptions, but good assumption. [emoji6] Born and raised in a small town. If you have collateral and have good standing with our credit union you can easily get a loan. Especially if you are putting 50% down. It's not that far fetched that CRsr could get a mortgage, obviously, since he has one.

Thinking out loud: all 8 victims were murdered either to send a message to someone who was spared, or because they all shared some piece of incriminating knowledge. If the former, then who was spared and why? Was that person an informant? If the latter, what knowledge would they all share? Why include HG and CR2?

The recorder site is not functioning right now. All mortgages are recorded there. The tax card says CR1 was the tax payer, typically mortgages are escrowed and the tax payer would be the bank or a 3rd party administering it for the bank.

Where are you finding info on a loan?

a60ac970a37e2bf5d308255c0454c953.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members