TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think this was a woman but maybe not the one discussed on here at length. I wonder if LE has asked to look at anyone's tool,boxes to see if anything is missing that would normally be in a tool box. I also still think a gun may have been involved but if so I don't think that info will come out until after an arrest or at trial

They asked Mark Sievers that same question. If any tools were missing and if he recognized the hammers in the photos.

They asked Mark Sievers that same question. If any tools were missing and if he recognized the hammers in the photos.

But didn't LE say that the tools were from the church itself? That they didn't believe the perp brought the tools?

What's worst. Disturbing vs Creepy. I say disturbing. So I think creepy message was mentioned to help divert suspicion from the actual perp who knows they never sent her a message. This way they would answer more questions since they believe the police suspect a creepy message sender to be the actual perp.
But idk. I would just think LE would have said she received a disturbing message and not creepy.

The police did not describe the message as 'creepy and weird'. Missy's friend reportedly used those words to describe the message, according to the search warrant.

I think the creepy message was sent by the killer. I personally think they already had their plan in place and were very anxious to put this plan into action. Imo, the message was sent under the guise of a man, but I think the killer was female. I think this was a way of them having contact with missy before the crime, I think they were so angry about something that they couldnt help the impulse to contact her in some way and I think this is how they chose to do it.

The OP said they feel that the killer is an older man. Your theory makes sense.

I have a question regarding the church layout (nicely done!) posted by "Arkansasmimi" in the Timeline/Media thread:

attachment.php

According to the plan, where would this double glass door be located? In other words, is this supposed to be the entry (covered driveway/porch) next to the "dutch doors" - nursery- ?

attachment.php

If so, according to the posted layout, that would be the SW corner of the building and the area, where MB was found by the CG participants. However, that SW corner entry with the covered driveway/porch looks entirely different in this pic here, no vertical bars in the side windows:

attachment.php

Perhaps I am just confused, but I have a problem lining up the video with the layout. Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Nin

Attachments

• MB vid2.jpg
    MB vid2.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,798
  • MB case creekside layout 5 5 2016 poster arkansasmimi.jpg
    MB case creekside layout 5 5 2016 poster arkansasmimi.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,796
  • MB crimescene 8.jpg
    MB crimescene 8.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 1,793
Do y'all agree that the "creepy" message on LinkedIn is related to Missy's murder in some way? Or, do you think it should be added to the list of coincidences that was going around earlier in the threads?

I have received "creepy" messages from strangers on LI and also on FB before like many other people here have said. But I don't know that I have ever shared them with a friend or honestly, even with my husband. I read the messages, deleted them and didn't ever even think about them again. Maybe it's just me considering what I would do in that situation, but it makes me think that this was an especially "creepy" message for Missy to show it to someone else. That would mean that she was thinking about it unless Missy and the friend were already talking about LI and it just came up.

I can't help but think that message is not a coincidence considering that she is no longer with us. I won't go as far as saying that it's key to solving this case, but I will say that I am close to believing that 100%.
TEXGAL2 (abbrev with all kindness intended) If LE would reveal the text of the "creepy message" we could Sleuth the heck out of it! Grammar, syntax, punctuation, colloquialisms and most importantly INTENT!
Was the intent/nature of the text?: scare, mock, criticize, threaten, berate, intimidate, challenge, territorial, will the wording indicate male or female?, youthful words associated with a certain generation, colloquialisms or "generic threats" manufactured by a LIAR FOR HIRE to throw LE off and think she had a stalker??? Since LE has not released it, I'm feeling it is my "last scenario" and would also be a reason the reward money was just doubled.
Looking back on other crimes, the LAST THING EVER RELEASED IS THE WRITTEN WORD....think Unabomber (press held onto Manifesto for 6 months) and all the latent fingerprints and reconstructed bomb parts never came close to completing in 17 years what "written words did in 17 hours."

But didn't LE say that the tools were from the church itself? That they didn't believe the perp brought the tools?

No even if the suspect borrowed tools, he/she still would have to had break in tools, right? Also why wear (note --not confirmed by LE) a front tool pouch if you weren't bringing in or leaving with tools?

Also I don't have the quote right now, but I though LE said wounds were consistent with tools the perp carried around in the church, not necessarily got from the church. My opinion, could have missed something!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warrant-details-how-texas-church-murder-victim-died/

The perp had to bring atleast one tool whether for Breaking and Entering or Homicide purposes. Now I'm sure the perp could have found other tools at the church. But first they had to get in the church.

So if this was premeditated homicide. I'm sure they brought a tool for that purpose. Even if they decided to use a different one that they came across in the church.

And if this was premeditated burglary; Then what time did they plan on stealing things.

I still think this was a woman but maybe not the one discussed on here at length. I wonder if LE has asked to look at anyone's tool,boxes to see if anything is missing that would normally be in a tool box. I also still think a gun may have been involved but if so I don't think that info will come out until after an arrest or at trial

How would LE know what is normally in a person tool box? There are some things that my toolbox are missing because I loaned them out and never got them back.

I think and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that some of tools were from the church but maybe not all of them?

The police did not describe the message as 'creepy and weird'. Missy's friend reportedly used those words to describe the message, according to the search warrant.

The same way they said intimate and flirtatious conversations per CW and MB LinkedIn exchanges. They could have worded the warrant to say Creepy and disturbing and weird. But if the friend said creepy and not a chilling or disturbing message. Then maybe the message wasn't that much of a shock in her friends mind. But the police still must check the sender out to see if it was a prank or somehow connected.

How would LE know what is normally in a person tool box? There are some things that my toolbox are missing because I loaned them out and never got them back.

Right, but LE still might want to ask if the owner of the toolbox noticed anything missing that would normally be in their specific tool box

He also posted something on his Twitter page the day after the murder, the first time he had used that in about 4 years. He has since deleted the Twitter page. He is supposed to be fighting in Humble, TX on May 20, I believe. Promoted by Garcia Promotions.

The perp had to bring atleast one tool whether for Breaking and Entering or Homicide purposes. Now I'm sure the perp could have found other tools at the church. But first they had to get in the church.

So if this was premeditated homicide. I'm sure they brought a tool for that purpose. Even if they decided to use a different one that they came across in the church.

And if this was premeditated burglary; Then what time did they plan on stealing things.

Yeah, I didn't think about the fact that they had to break in with something to begin with. Good point. But you know, the further along we go with this, I lose track of what has been confirmed and what hasn't. For example, there was some chatter about the fact that maybe a gun was involved, that the perp used it, then removed the slug before leaving. And there was chatter about LE bringing in dogs and checking for gunpowder residue. Does anyone remember if there is any truth to any of this or is it just hearsay?

on the Linkedin message I do think it's key...and IMO, the killer probably didn't count on MB showing the message to a friend. In fact, the Linkedin message may actually be one of the big mistakes the killer made.

They would also have had to be familiar with the church itself and presumably have knowledge that there was no alarm system, otherwise breaking into a church at 4 am carries a risk of setting off an alarm thus ruining the plan and increasing the chance of detection.

Regardless if she showed her friend the message - wouldn't they have realized that once the police thought she was targeted that they would pick apart her social media bit by bit?

Regardless if she showed her friend the message - wouldn't they have realized that once the police thought she was targeted that they would pick apart her social media bit by bit?

I'm not so sure that her Linkedin would have been considered as much as Facebook, etc if law enforcement had not been aware of the creepy message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong