OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, but one 'camera' is at the edge of the roof, to the right of the porch roof. The other objects aren't seen in the large pic in my quote above. Have to right click then left click 'view image' then zoom in.

I see it. Black round object?

We have all been going so long, I feel it important to remind us that what got wildly reported as small stuff was not. A lot of them under "traffic" involved drugs. That also influeced some of my thinking in terms of some cops seemed to have used different (lighter) charge codes for pretty much the same thing that some put under "criminal. Cash?

Go back and look at the "traffic ones"

http://www.pikecountycourt.org/search.php

Yes, and the resisting on DR is interesting as to who the victim was.

BJM said she gave little B her hoodie when she took him, so it must've been at least cool outside? re: open windows ( also deadbolt lock on at least one door)

So what if DS did spend the night with KR? Would change things around.

Newborn multiples! Wow! That is work! We helped my daughter w/babysitting and such with her firstborn and it was fun but it was also work. lol I want back and browsed through the posts and it looks as if she started a new job on 10/2015. She had posted a prayer message to BH about it, the friend who died a couple years back. She'd been working at the nursing home already, and selling the cars through Scioto, so I'd say you're right, it was a job she was getting paid to do. Everyone spoke of her being a very hard worker. (And Congrats! Btw)

O/T:

!! I have never grasped wanting kids! Ugh--anytime I say that people say well if your parents felt that way........................................ my mother and I have a deep relationship..................in sum she has described me as an exhausting child!! The joke is I could not even be born on time - I decided to enter the world three weeks early!!! Following directions has always been problematic -cant focus!!

Teachers had the same sort of thoughts! Big mouth, funny (class clown) disruptive, impulsive, fidgety, no attn span, bored easily!!!! Us old folks remember the "Behavior" part of report cards (I wonder do they still do that?) I never got a "S" on any behavior domains. "N" was my montra!

A nightmare!!!

I would like to think some of that has changed - but some of the mods would still agree with the above mentioned!!

That is funny.....................................................

I feed over 40 horses twice daily with no help. And clean the stalls. And give lessons. And sell horses.
I was thinking along the same lines with the growop discussion. I must be the only one here that gardens and cans. I have a big garden and a little garden. I preserve and can enough for 1 yr. I liken pot plants to tomato and pepper etc. I don't have help lol and I grow from seedling to transplant. Do all my weeding and pruning.

Yes, and the resisting on DR is interesting as to who the victim was.

Pretty sure that's around the time of the AM incident, her SIL, married to JM, who first went to DR's house that morning. I will go back and cross-reference if I can find anything.

BJM said she gave little B her hoodie when she took him, so it must've been at least cool outside? re: open windows ( also deadbolt lock on at least one door)

So what if DS did spend the night with KR? Would change things around.
The deadbolt shown in the photos was of CR1s trailer I believe. I may be wrong, I'd have to go in search of to be sure.

I'm just throwing this out there. I live on the edge of Appalachia, just like southern Ohio but on the opposite side of the mountains. I have had my windows open for the past several weeks. The temperature at night is very nice and the sound of the frogs outside is very relaxing. Are we making too much of the windows? The only thing significant I find in the windows are the bullet holes in the living room window of CR1's trailer.

Bullet holes in the living room window? Hmm. I hadn't read that. Kind of makes it certain the fight started in the living room. I didn't know about the bullet holes.

O/T:

!! I have never grasped wanting kids! Ugh--anytime I say that people say well if your parents felt that way........................................ my mother and I have a deep relationship..................in sum she has described me as an exhausting child!! The joke is I could not even be born on time - I decided to enter the world three weeks early!!! Following directions has always been problematic -cant focus!!

Teachers had the same sort of thoughts! Big mouth, funny (class clown) disruptive, impulsive, fidgety, no attn span, bored easily!!!! Us old folks remember the "Behavior" part of report cards (I wonder do they still do that?) I never got a "S" on any behavior domains. "N" was my montra!

A nightmare!!!

I would like to think some of that has changed - but some of the mods would still agree with the above mentioned!!

That is funny.....................................................

You sound a bit like my firstborn. lol I never saw myself as having children either, but, I ended up w/them! It's never been a dull moment since, and I love them dearly. :)

Lot's of people leave spare keys outside their home. I personally do not b/c we've been stolen from several times and I'm just not comfortable with it. If you're going to do it though, the best way to do it is to get one of those little boxes that have a code that you put into it before you can get your key out. I'd probably forget my code though. I was looking at basic trailer floor plans for 70' single wides. I know it's just a guess, but, it's also possible they came and left through a jimmied back door. There were stairs leading to the back door at FR's back door. IIRC, they said that two locations showed signs of forced entry.
attachment.php
Edit: I just read in an April 28 article that "DeWine also would not say if there was forced entry at any of the four homes where the eight victims were killed, if they were tortured or if there was more than one killer."
http://www.austin360.com/news/news/...-victims-in-pike-county-shooting-could/nrDQ6/

Thinking about someone sleeping in a camper.... The walls and windows are pretty thin, I've been camping in a modern 5th-wheel and could hear people walking around in campers next door. How hard would it be to get the door open and slip into the bed area? Add the dog into that scenario.

If you're paranoid, you would surely have the door locked from inside.

If DS did spend the night, then the story about not showing up could be cover in case others knew he was supposed to be there. He knew the cameras were there, and possibly knew quite a lot more.

KR could have been first since he was alleged to be heading out pretty early that morning. The turkey hunter was hearing shots near UHR by the time KR would have been out and about. So placing KR last puts the shooters at his door near the time he was supposed to awake and leaving. (if we believe that part of the DS interview)

I wonder what is the earliest time anyone saw DS on the 22nd? Is LR the first to hear from DS? Person might need a bit of sleep if they're up most of the night, doin' ... stuff. Sleeping in the day makes you late for ... phone calls.

Edit: I just read in an April 28 article that "DeWine also would not say if there was forced entry at any of the four homes where the eight victims were killed, if they were tortured or if there was more than one killer."
http://www.austin360.com/news/news/...-victims-in-pike-county-shooting-could/nrDQ6/

Frankie's trailer was a split bedroom plan with the kitchen/dining in the middle of the house. The front door opened into the living room with the dining and kitchen to the left- dining in front and kitchen in back.

Frankie's trailer was a split bedroom plan with the kitchen/dining in the middle of the house. The front door opened into the living room with the dining and kitchen to the left- dining in front and kitchen in back.

I truly must be getting senile since I Don't remember reading about FR's trailer being split or the bullet holes in the window at CR1's either. Geez. Old age is awful, but the alternative is worse. Lol

I truly must be getting senile since I Don't remember reading about FR's trailer being split or the bullet holes in the window at CR1's either. Geez. Old age is awful, but the alternative is worse. Lol

There are interior pictures of Frankies house. I'm not sure I can post them here. I did not hear about bullet holes though :)

Like another poster said, I've never been much for the BJM theory, but I still have quite a few questions regarding the things that she's said in interviews....particularly the one about finding the bodies that went into more details. You can find that one here - http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2016/05/11/pike-county-not-leaving-those-babies-there/84194756/

Especially about the doors....
"She had a friend and his wife with her when she pulled into the driveway. She left her cellphone charging in the car and went up to the trailer. She turned the handle of the door and thought it was odd it was locked, she said. She also thought it was odd that Rhoden's two pit bulls were outside on the front porch, one sitting in a recliner. The animals normally stayed inside the trailer, she said.

She found the key and opened the door."

"
She then went to the next trailer to alert her nephew Frankie Rhoden that she had found his father dead.
But his front door was locked, too. She pounded on the door, calling for Frankie or for Brentley to open the door for “Aunt Jo.’

The toddler unlocked the door and let her in."

Why would someone keep a spare key hidden when they didn't normally lock their doors? Clearly BJM was there quite a bit helping out, so she would more or less know what to expect from a place she'd visited that much...and she had the presence of mind to not that the locked door was unusual.

While she doesn't say anything about FR and HG's place, she does mention that door is locked as well. I know a lot of people question a 3 year old's ability to unlock the door, but I truly believe these were the kind of doors like I have at my house. (This is speculation, of course) They look like this...(just for reference)

attachment.php

When I turn the piece in the center of the handle and shut my door as I am leaving, I cannot re-enter my house without my house key. However, if I turn it while I am still inside my house and shut the door, all I have to do is turn the knob as usual to get back out. I do not have to reset the center piece, it simply turns as it always does from the inside, but you cannot get back in if you shut the door. I have locked myself out of my house because of this stinking feature so many times over the past few years I've lost count....and it has basically become the soul reason I now have a hide a key!

So, the three year old may not have had to unlock anything....he just turned the handle and opened the door. I wonder if maybe the killer(s) didn't lock the doors on their way out...because why go back through a window when everyone is already dead?

We know KR's place was unlocked because DS mentioned in an interview that KR padlocked it from the outside when he was gone, and when he arrived, saw his truck and noticed that the padlock wasn't on. I don't know how they would lock in a camper like that, either....and DS never mentions needing a key like BJM does. As for DR's, I'm not sure on that one either. I wonder how far back DR was when James "saw her leg and backed out." The most recent pictures of her living room renovation show that her couch was against the wall right next to the front door, and we know she was up past 2 AM at least changing her FB pictures...so maybe she was asleep on the couch and was sleeping as such that her foot was the first thing JR saw...as he would be right next to it as soon as he walked in the door. I know after a long day I am the queen of falling asleep on the couch while watching TV...

Again...speculation. I just so badly want to make sense of it all! Sorry for my boring door knob talk! :)
I just felt BJM offered way too much information on that 911 call. That is whats bothering me. I'm not sure if I suspect her. I am not sure why she felt the need to elaborate on the locked doors but yet she had no idea who followed her inside the trailer. Her 911 call seemed strange to me but I guess I am not sure how I would react if I was in that same situation.

The thing with the cameras. We know Kenneth had one and Chris Sr. had at least a motion light, and probably a camera. I wonder if it's possible the killers came in from Frankie's? Do we know if Frankie had cameras? They very easily could have parked there and came in from the side. I been thinking about the open windows. While I still don't believe they used them as a means of entrance/exit ... I mean seriously, they'd have to KNOW the windows were unlocked in order to get in from outside. And have someone boost them up, crawl in headfirst and manage to shoot someone. It doesn't sound plausible. Does it? Nah.
Crawling in and out of those small windows sure would leave alot of fingerprints unless of course they wore gloves.

Crawling in and out of those small windows sure would leave alot of fingerprints unless of course they wore gloves.

What gets me with the windows, there are no screens?
I would not sleep with the windows open. Bugs, critters?
I find it really hard to believe the occupants had them open like this.
Even the lady who found them, she used the words "wide" open, as if she found it odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member