TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember being really excited when we saw the still photo of the perp (posted by Sparky). Yes, we see this person is Caucasian- we can eliminate say- 50% of general population. Now it's a 50/50 chance of being male/female and now we are adding in a possible second perp. Wow, I'm just SMH- I don't know what we know and don't know anymore.
What I do know is that one by one people will be eliminated and MB's killer will be behind bars! When? I wish a month ago!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have never thought the perp is Caucasian. Latino, or Asian . jmo though.

Did MB enter the church only because the camp was going to be held indoors because of the weather? IF the camp was held outdoors or under the awning would there be reason for her to enter the church? TIA

We don't know if she always entered the church, rain or shine, or whether it was only entered in rainy conditions. (My personal guess is that she would only have entered when it was necessary due to rain.) This might or might not matter, would be easy for LE to figure out (and perhaps they already have), but no reason for them to ever tell us the answer.

Hey Folks,

Since its been discovered there are 2 W. Houtz on BB's FB and it's not clear which one is on the target list, they are both now Off Limits.

Please don't discuss them here. If it's determined which is which, then we'll revisit and and make a discussion on whether or not we'll discuss. Until then, please refrain from sleuthing them and bringing it here.

Also, just a friendly reminder....CT and CW's FB accts are now off limits.

Thank you!

Have never thought the perp is Caucasian. Latino, or Asian . jmo though.

Why? Eyes? Eyes seem to be behind goggles....and no way to determine eye color. JMO

4:35 was the time mentioned iirc, and based on camera timestamp

Which begs the question- did they see anything at all?? I'm a lot of states east and north and here we have someone early for a class sitting right in the parking lot.

Curious if the hired video guns have greater resolution qualities than our sleuths. Does "photo-shopping" leave the prosecution vulnerable to accusations of manipulation? I still feel it is one of 10 or 12 key pieces of the circumstantial puzzle.

SBM for relevance...

IMO, as long as an expert in video analysis is used to enlarge or make the image less blurry and documents their actions step-by-step, the evidence is usually deemed to be factual and valid. For instance, in the Heather Elvis case, a retired FBI analyst is being allowed to present enhanced video surveillance and testify about a truck seen on camera. The same analyst testified in the R Kelly's assault trial and was able to enhance a video to show that the perp had a small mole on his back identical to one on R Kelly's back. It's crazy the detail those video analysts can hone in on.

Okay. So based on recent posts, could we have had a double/triple murder, if an early camper, kid, guest, et al had come into the building a little earlier? This is where the possibility of a gun comes into play. If yes, then we might have. Would they have run off? I think they'd have a pretty good change of getting arrested if they didn't take out witnesses. So this could have been worse. I still think MB is the primary target.

Also. And maybe I've watched too much crime TV, but isn't one of the primary methodologies, if not THE prime method, is to bring witnesses and potential suspects into the station and questioning them. Trying to garner a confession. Catch them in an inconsistency. Get further information. The only person I've heard be questioned (and seemingly benignly) is BB. Shouldn't there be a "parade of POI's" to harvest information. Who did you talk to in this phone call. Did they give you any indication of... You don't need name someone a suspect to take them in for questioning right? Are they meeting in another site to avoid the circus? Are they all lawyered up and the lawyers have blocked any comment? What's going on with that?

I didn't really see that, but I'd like to know at 1:53 why was the camera already on when the perp came through the door. I thought the cameras were motion activated. What am I missing? TIA

The motion of the door beginning to open activated the camera.

We don't know if she always entered the church, rain or shine, or whether it was only entered in rainy conditions. (My personal guess is that she would only have entered when it was necessary due to rain.) This might or might not matter, would be easy for LE to figure out (and perhaps they already have), but no reason for them to ever tell us the answer.

I think it's very important. Why would the perp assemble his costume and plan this attack at the church if she may never go inside? Also, if she only went inside when the weather was so bad it would limit the perp list to those who knew the camp was moved indoors.

Okay. So based on recent posts, could we have had a double/triple murder, if an early camper, kid, guest, et al had come into the building a little earlier? This is where the possibility of a gun comes into play. If yes, then we might have. Would they have run off? I think they'd have a pretty good change of getting arrested if they didn't take out witnesses. So this could have been worse. I still think MB is the primary target.

Also. And maybe I've watched too much crime TV, but isn't one of the primary methodologies, if not THE prime method, is to bring witnesses and potential suspects into the station and questioning them. Trying to garner a confession. Catch them in an inconsistency. Get further information. The only person I've heard be questioned (and seemingly benignly) is BB. Shouldn't there be a "parade of POI's" to harvest information. Who did you talk to in this phone call. Did they give you any indication of... You don't need name someone a suspect to take them in for questioning right? Are they meeting in another site to avoid the circus? Are they all lawyered up and the lawyers have blocked any comment? What's going on with that?

GUESSING......but I really think that ALL identified SW target pois have been questioned. Most, I hear have since privatized their FB's. I can't read FB's, because I'm not a subscriber. But I can read twitter if it is public, and I do. JMO

I think it's very important. Why would the perp assemble his costume and plan this attack at the church if she may never go inside? Also, if she only went inside when the weather was so bad it would limit the perp list to those who knew the camp was moved indoors.

No idea but maybe they routinely used the restrooms inside.

I've been focusing on the uniform. I've done searches on eBay and some online suppliers for police/swat gear/uniforms, but have not been able to locate a uniform that matches SP's. It seems there are many similar uniforms for sale that have "SWAT" lettering or no lettering at all, but very few that actually say "POLICE" and the ones that say "police" do not look like SP's uniform.

Has anyone been able to locate anywhere online a uniform that could possibly be SP's exact uniform or even the "police vest"?

Other options are that SP purchased in a brick and mortar store with cash or perhaps even applied the "police" lettering themselves. JMO

IMO, the word "Police" on both the front and back look similar in size to these Velcro patches which are sold on eBay together. They could have just stuck them on a random black vest.

f1adb970188f0c18a3ba7857acce7671.jpg

I didn't really see that, but I'd like to know at 1:53 why was the camera already on when the perp came through the door. I thought the cameras were motion activated. What am I missing? TIA

I see that, there's about 3.5-4 seconds of video before they show the door open. And the door isn't shown opening, it's shown first about halfway open, like that scene was cut in or something. Probably just choppy from being motion-activated? Idk.

JMO

I'm sure many have been interviewed

Unfortunately, the possible list of who knew the camp was being moved indoors was "everyone" since she had announced her schedule to the world on FB and made that "moving indoors due to rain" fact clear as part of the announcement. If she always went inside, then that would be two possible ways the perp would know she would be in there (but it only takes one). More importantly, to the extent it's needed, it would be easy info for LE to have already ascertained it, but they have no reason to share that with us.

I see that, there's about 3.5-4 seconds of video before they show the door open. And the door isn't shown opening, it's shown first about halfway open, like that scene was cut in or something. Probably just choppy from being motion-activated? Idk.

JMO

I see the video as choppy or moving ( I don't know how else to describe it) Before the perp even opens the door around 1 minute 50 seconds.

IMOO.

There is also a patch on the vest? Can't make out what it is though...
I think it is silver pin: an eagle with wings out, standing on top of a globe, with its face/beak/neck bent forwards and down onto the globe (left), and perhaps with a silver (red) ribbon waving across the globe. Looks like a Marine Corps pin of some kind, maybe Navy, is it a Seals pin? could be obsolete (but at pawn or thrift shop). Current Navy SEALS insignia in gold: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Navy_SEALs_insignia.png These images are the original 3:58 still from MPD; and the other image is the same one after I took it into Paint to draw the boxes - the red ribbon seems like an after-effect from Paint, the ribbon is probably silver.

Attachments

• missy.bevers1.358orig.jpg
    missy.bevers1.358orig.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 70
  • handwhitenosecolor.358paint.JPG
    handwhitenosecolor.358paint.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online