TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The motion of the door beginning to open activated the camera.

That clip starts at 1:49 and no motion of the door until 1:53. Perhaps the camera triggered with motion seen on the other side of the door through a window in the door?

Which begs the question- did they see anything at all?? I'm a lot of states east and north and here we have someone early for a class sitting right in the parking lot.

Undoubtedly LE asked, but has not shared that conversation with us. Presumably the answer is they didn't see anything, as LE would have had a better description of perp and vehicle to share, if they had seen anything. And there was definitely a big enough time window for perp to have gotten away before 4:35. (Unless the 4:35 person was the perp, of course, there all along and rehearsing innocence for when others arrived.)

I see the video as choppy or moving ( I don't know how else to describe it) Before the perp even opens the door around 1 minute 50 seconds.

IMOO.

I have presumed all along that the video was edited before it was presented to the public...Makes sense, to me. JMO and it is not all the video that LE has.

Those are good questions, and reasonable to ask ...and I'm sure LE has explored them. But I don't know the answer, and I don't think anyone else other than LE does either.

We do know that one camera got a glimpse of perp coming, and the same or a different one saw MB arriving, and also camper 1. And we know that LE has said that, for some reason, the exterior cams at the church that night didn't record. But which cam(s) got those images (whether the Outdoors store, from far away in the rain, or whether some interior cam in the church getting a glimpse of the outside ...or even if one or more of the outdoor cams at church worked 100% and LE is keeping that a secret) we don't have any clue.

I suspect there is quite a bit more to be gleaned from the various cameras, positioning, what did or didn't record, and so on. IMO that would explain why they had reconstruction experts out there, to try to expertly cobble it all together into a more complete narrative to work from, including figuring out what might be indicated for when they didn't record. But imo we the public have too little knowledge to help at all in those areas, beyond what little can be added to the mix from examining the video we have been given.

To be specific ...
What about closer to the building? ....Don't know, requires info we haven't been given
If a car turned into the driveway, perhaps killed it's lights, and swing a wide berth around to the opposite end out of sight, would a camera from the church pick up the movement, even just a silhouette? ...Don't know, requires info we haven't been given
Are the cameras motion activated by headlights, or by proximity, or not motion activated at all? ...Don't know, requires info we haven't been given
If LE were able to establish that a car would have to have been picked up as it came in, even if only the shadow of it, then that would enable them to know for sure whether the perp drove in from the front or didn't drive in at all? ...Don't know, requires info we haven't been given

Not being snarky, but we don't have enough info to even make a helpful guess.

You said "one camera got a glimpse of the perp coming". You don't mean a glimpse of perp outside before he entered, do you? Because my memory of what LE has said in person or in print (SW) is that their first look at the perp is on one of the interior cameras inside the church at 3:50.

I think the question of how the perp got to the church is an important one. Hopefully LE covered their bases in examining ALL manner of ingress and egress the day of the 18th. If they didn't... Too late now.

Unfortunately, the possible list of who knew the camp was being moved indoors was "everyone" since she had announced her schedule to the world on FB and made that "moving indoors due to rain" fact clear as part of the announcement. If she always went inside, then that would be two possible ways the perp would know she would be in there (but it only takes one). More importantly, to the extent it's needed, it would be easy info for LE to have already ascertained it, but they have no reason to share that with us.

Everyone wouldn't know. Only those that saw her facebook post or were told by someone that did. Does anyone know if LE can determine who accessed her facbook since the message was posted?

I didn't really see that, but I'd like to know at 1:53 why was the camera already on when the perp came through the door. I thought the cameras were motion activated. What am I missing? TIA

That made me wonder, too. But some options:

He may have opened the door a crack, shut it for a split second, and camera turned on and recorded him opening it again and coming out.

Or, he may have entered the room, closed the door, and then come right back out and the camera recorded the whole thing, but that part of the video was spliced for public viewing and showed only his exiting from the room as it was a better view of the perp.

Have never thought the perp is Caucasian. Latino, or Asian . jmo though.

JMO only & I could be wrong but I think Latino. I have thought this since the first picture was posted many threads ago.

That part of the video is the most interesting to me. The camera is already active before the door opens, the lighting is better, the footage is clear and it is a very close angle to the perp. I hope LE has more from that portion or more of that quality that they have not shown us. IMO.

ETA: if they can positively ID swatperp on video, I assume they can arrest for B&E but that's not enough for murder charges, or is it?

Everyone wouldn't know. Only those that saw her facebook post or were told by someone that did. Does anyone know if LE can determine who accessed her facbook since the message was posted?

I think it would be nearly impossible because if the person was FB friends with MB, they may have seen that post pop up on their personal newsfeed. If that's the case, they may not have actually visited her FB page at all.

ETA: Also, I just thought about this but someone who is friends with her on FB can add her to their list of 'close friends' or 'favorites' and she wouldn't even know it. The posts written by people that you've selected as your close friends or favorites always show up first in your newsfeed and you also get a FB notification every time they post something. That's actually really creepy now that I think about it.

Are there any campers on forum? Not specifically taking MB's class but who participate in CG's program? Would it have taken MB a full 45 mins to unload her truck and set up for the 5 am class? Her arrival time at the church is curious to me. I've taken 5 am boot camp classes for years and most of us, instructor included, come stumbling in between 4:45 (earliest) - 5 am. When exercising that early in the morning, an extra 30 mins sleep makes a huge difference.
I'm just wondering if she made plans to meet someone at the church a few mins prior to the arrival of the class participants. 45 mins is way more than enough time to prepare to teach a class, IMO.
So, would she have needed that much time to actually set up for her class?

I think it would be nearly impossible because if the person was FB friends with MB, they may have seen that post pop up on their personal newsfeed. If that's the case, they may not have actually visited her FB page at all.

But they were still connected digitally, right? I'm a total dope about digital tech, but if SWs retrieved their stuff it would show up? JMO

That made me wonder, too. But some options:

He may have opened the door a crack, shut it for a split second, and camera turned on and recorded him opening it again and coming out.

Or, he may have entered the room, closed the door, and then come right back out and the camera recorded the whole thing, but that part of the video was spliced for public viewing and showed only his exiting from the room as it was a better view of the perp.

As discussed before, security cameras show 2-3 secs before motion. It is a built in feature. It rewinds if you will.

But they were still connected digitally, right? I'm a total dope about digital tech, but if SWs retrieved their stuff it would show up? JMO

I'm not all that tech savvy either but I think it would just give them a digital footprint, so to speak. It would show that they went on their newsfeed and then clicked on xyz but I don't know if it could or would show them exactly what was visible to them on a specific date because it changes all the time. Or at least my newsfeed does. I can be looking at something on my feed one minute and plan to go back to read or comment on something else and the feed kinda refreshes itself automatically sometimes and other people's posts are showing up instead. If that makes any sense... I am finding it kind of hard to explain lol.

ETA: so if they didn't actually click on her page or post I don't know if LE could definitively know that they saw it on their newsfeed. I don't know if FB keeps a record of that data.

Morning musings.................we know or think we know the following:

1. NYPD has or perhaps is still assisting with cell phone data & pings. Since there have been no recent terrorists attacks there, I am assuming that they are very good at their job.

2. We have video of the killer. Tarrant Co. has 2 forensic experts who have been able to ascertain reliable information regarding the killer's height & weight & analyze body movements to possibly determine the sex of the killer.

3. Sparky has provided a blown up picture of the killer's face staring at the camera. No offense to Sparky, but if she can do that on her computer, just think what a great picture LE could make using their latest state of the art equipment. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I have heard that the eyes are the most distinctive & recognizable part of the face.

Given all of the above, I think it is fairly safe to speculate that LE has been able to eliminate some of the POI's mentioned in the search warrants.

(I'm reposting my previous comment because I forgot to include the quote, above): Well actually, we don't know positively that we have video of the killer. LE might, but the public does not. We/I have assumed that the killer is in the SWAT outfit. That seems probable, but not absolute.

I see a closed door, then I see it open.

IMOO.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't know, of course, but maybe this camera is farther back than shown in that shot and it detected some motion or light change through (or shadow moving under) the door, or maybe the door handle was jiggled a moment prior to opening? Maybe cameras can be set up to take sort of a screen shot of what it's looking at before the motion begins?

Why? Eyes? Eyes seem to be behind goggles....and no way to determine eye color. JMO

Eyes appear to be almond shaped. Some latinos have eyes with that kind of shape,and so do Asian people.

IMHO The case will be hardest to solve if she wasn't targeted. If targeted, LE will identify the motive, the person with that motive & start building a case. No one piece of evidence may prove who the perp is. However, many pieces way be woven together to produce a conviction. Such as, the perp was not where they should be at the time of the murder, they had access to her facebook, their cell phone was shut of during the crime when it is normally on at that time. This is why I'm asking questions that some think are irrelevant.

That part of the video is the most interesting to me. The camera is already active before the door opens, the lighting is better, the footage is clear and it is a very close angle to the perp. I hope LE has more from that portion or more of that quality that they have not shown us. IMO.

ETA: if they can positively ID swatperp on video, I assume they can arrest for B&E but that's not enough for murder charges, or is it?

Sorry if this has been repeated:

Does that door go to the outside? Like the perp was coming in from outside? (The door where the perp is seen walking through it, at 1 minute 53 seconds?) The hinge on top of that door made me wonder…

IMOO.

I didn't really see that, but I'd like to know at 1:53 why was the camera already on when the perp came through the door. I thought the cameras were motion activated. What am I missing? TIA

This article states, "Security cameras only provide images (save and transmit them) when they detect motion. And motion detection is basically the process of comparing sequential images and determining whether the differences between them represent motion. If there are significant differences between two consecutive images, the cameras conclude that there has been motion within the camera view." http://www.computerworld.com/article/2761095/it-management/how-motion-detection-cameras-work.html

It looks like that door has a long narrow window. The camera could have detected motion in the hallway if the perp's flashlight or headlamp shined through the door's window into the hallway as he/she approached the door.

Comparing images from before the light hit the window and the hallway and after, the camera would note a difference in the images (dark v. a bit of light) and start recording, even before there was true movement from the door opening.

This article does a fairly good job explaining how motion-sensing surveillance cameras work: https://www.videosurveillance.com/blog/technology/how_does_motion_detection_work.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong