TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, thanks. I couldn't tell from your post up above (#946) - thought maybe you thought they were having a dress rehearsal of some sort. Thanks for clarifying. :)

You're welcome.

The post about the memorial on the 19th had me in a panic: I'm supposed to chaperone a field trip on the 20th, and I thought, "If the memorial is on the 19th and someone thinks the memorial is why the LE was all over Mt. Zion, then today isn't the 19th, yesterday was, which makes today the 20th, and I am supposed to be tromping through an early colonial settlement with a slew of first-graders right now, not solving crimes. ;)"

Alas, yesterday was the 18th. Today is the 19th. Tomorrow is the 20th. Tomorrow I tromp. Today I solve crimes (and cause confusion).

As you were.:blushing:

Hi everyone. As a Midlo local I've been following this case and all these threads closely, but this is actually my first time to post. I just wanted to clear up a few things since I am a local.

1) There is a Heritage Park in Midlothian. It is right in the middle of town on 8th St. It's where we have a local farmers market every Saturday and other small town events.

2) Even though the abandoned houses on Mt. Zion appear to be very close to the high school on a map (it's only about 1/2 a mile away), in person it's actually a big difference in location. The high school is further down FM663 and to get to the high school from the abandoned houses you have to cross a long bridge over Hwy 287. The football stadium is also on the North side of 287 and Mt. Zion is on the South of 287. So even when there are big football or graduation events, people never really park all the way over on the south side of the highway. Too far and dangerous of a walk. I live about a mile from Mt. Zion so I've seen the cars parked along the side of the road for big stadium events, but it's always on the north side.

3) I agree that I have seen so many more Midlo PD out and about than ever before. I remember someone posted the other day that this would be a good time to commit a minor infraction in town (like California roll through a stop sign), but it's really the complete opposite. I'm paying more attention to the speed limit than ever before because of all the cops! lol

4) I barely missed all the activity on Mt. Zion by about 15 minutes yesterday. I will say that if someone were wanting to abandon stuff, it would definitely be a good place as more fences have been going up and it looks like demolition will occur very soon.

Thank you everyone for all your interest and help in this case. Like all of you, praying for an arrest soon!
OT but are y'all saying the houses on Mt. Zion between S. 14th and S. 9th have all been bought out for future retail/strip mall development? Wow, what a waste.

OT but are y'all saying the houses on Mt. Zion between S. 14th and S. 9th have all been bought out for future retail/strip mall development? Wow, what a waste.

My understanding is that a new Kroger is going to be built there, along with other retail space. Pretty much everyone in Midlothian is aware of these plans. Wonder if the perp hid something there because they figured the area would be demolished soon and nothing would ever be found?

Or was this a cover for something else? A search warrant being served somewhere else?

Or was it truly a training exercise (doubtful, IMO).

Yes. One of my friends actually lived in one of the houses. Some weren't so nice, but some of them were actually great homes! They were paid good money by the developer to move out and let their houses be torn down. Since everyone moved out a few months ago, burglars had been going in and stripping whatever was left that was semi valuable from the homes. It's sad! I'm also sad that getting to my house will be much more time consuming with all the upcoming construction and then traffic. But that's just the state of growth we are in now.

My understanding is that a new Kroger is going to be built there, along with other retail space. Pretty much everyone in Midlothian is aware of these plans. Wonder if the perp hid something there because they figured the area would be demolished soon and nothing would ever be found?

Or was this a cover for something else? A search warrant being served somewhere else?

Or was it truly a training exercise (doubtful, IMO).

I really doubt it was a training exercise either. Especially in such an easily seen area and so busy at that time of day with 287 and people exiting FM663 to go to their neighborhoods. Never seen anything like that before here!

And it is going to be a Kroger market place. Just recently they put up a new sign showing a picture of the development and says coming in 2017.

Sounds like those houses would be a decent place to hide the perps clothes. The perp, however, seems pretty intelligent. There would always be the chance of them being found there and they must have the perps DNA on them. For that reason I am not sure our perp(s) left them there. After going to all the trouble to avoid their identity being discovered, would they take that chance by leaving them there? JMO

Yes. One of my friends actually lived in one of the houses. Some weren't so nice, but some of them were actually great homes! They were paid good money by the developer to move out and let their houses be torn down. Since everyone moved out a few months ago, burglars had been going in and stripping whatever was left that was semi valuable from the homes. It's sad! I'm also sad that getting to my house will be much more time consuming with all the upcoming construction and then traffic. But that's just the state of growth we are in now.
Some do look nice from google - nice ranch houses on a little acreage, what's not to love! Ah, Texas growth :gaah: At least glad to hear the developers paid value and it'll be a grocery store. Someone suggested maybe perp stashed something there - to me that'd be an awful place because someone would definitely find it. Kids, thieves, demo dudes whoever.

I really doubt it was a training exercise either. Especially in such an easily seen area and so busy at that time of day with 287 and people exiting FM663 to go to their neighborhoods. Never seen anything like that before here!

And it is going to be a Kroger market place. Just recently they put up a new sign showing a picture of the development and says coming in 2017.

Would love to have someone who's in LE or former LE hop on here and comment with their theory about what they might have been up to.

Wonder if the church has a septic tank?

LE and news organizations usually have a good working relation where certain reports get tipped off when something is going down. That's how they usually know before we do, and get it out to us via social media.

Sounds like those houses would be a decent place to hide the perps clothes. The perp, however, seems pretty intelligent. There would always be the chance of them being found there and they must have the perps DNA on them. For that reason I am not sure our perp(s) left them there. After going to all the trouble to avoid their identity being discovered, would they take that chance by leaving them there? JMO

That is true, but I also kind of think that if the perp left the church and knew that campers would show up soon and call 911 he/she needed to ditch the items ASAP. So if he/she is driving on 287 from the church towards Mansfield area (north bound) then that would be the first place to really stop and ditch the items. It's easily accessed off the highway, well covered by trees, and it would not be suspicious to see a car in that area. Even that early in the morning there's a lot of people coming up FM663 to 287. It's also evident to anyone that goes around that area that it's now better protected and going to be demolished very soon, so less chance of burglars I would think to have time to find anything. And most burglars wouldn't call the cops themselves and say hey I was about to rob this place, but then I found this evidence you might want. IMO

Lot of criminal activity for a small town. Yes,it is very sad. jmo

Some do look nice from google - nice ranch houses on a little acreage, what's not to love! Ah, Texas growth :gaah: At least glad to hear the developers paid value and it'll be a grocery store. Someone suggested maybe perp stashed something there - to me that'd be an awful place because someone would definitely find it. Kids, thieves, demo dudes whoever.

Yes, they all had a great amount of space/land! My friends were very upset at first, but then the money helped them get over it :) I can see both sides of it being an awful place and then also a quick, easily accessed and convenient place. After the murder, perp may have panicked about getting caught with the items especially if he/she saw other campers pull up to the church. JMO

Lot of criminal activity for a small town. Yes,it is very sad. jmo

Yes, but thankfully it's usually small, nonviolent crimes. Just 20-30 minutes away to Dallas and that feels like a whole other world compared to what it feels like living here (well at least it did until 4/18).

Oh I'm just mad. <modsnip> I have been doing this for a LONG time, just under a different name prior to my divorce 5 years ago. I just happen to be a local this time and it gives me a whole new appreciation for what locals deal with in a small town. Just got my feeling hurt. It's my old church, this is our community, Missy was a very good friend of a long time friend. Her girls have no mom now, this case has just really gotten me in the heart. I was trying to help for MB and the girls and to keep my fellow compadres in the loop. I just have to let it roll.

I get it. I have been a member for quite some time & had a similar thing happen. My very dear friends son went missing in a college town and it was highly televised with lots of rumor. They ended up finding his body in the snow. It was hard to see all of the post when it hits home.
Thank you for keeping us posted as best as you can

That is true, but I also kind of think that if the perp left the church and knew that campers would show up soon and call 911 he/she needed to ditch the items ASAP. So if he/she is driving on 287 from the church towards Mansfield area (north bound) then that would be the first place to really stop and ditch the items. It's easily accessed off the highway, well covered by trees, and it would not be suspicious to see a car in that area. Even that early in the morning there's a lot of people coming up FM663 to 287. It's also evident to anyone that goes around that area that it's now better protected and going to be demolished very soon, so less chance of burglars I would think to have time to find anything. And most burglars wouldn't call the cops themselves and say hey I was about to rob this place, but then I found this evidence you might want. IMO
As a local your thoughts make a lot of sense! I hope you are right because that would be a great breakthrough for LE. Crossing my fingers they got a break in this case!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd