Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too bad the Super Sucker video wasn't just a little high resolution, and the camera pointed a little higher up the truck. You might be able to see if the window was blown out when TB's truck went by at 9:20 (you can actually see the reflection from the Super Sucker lights on the side of the truck, I believe)

MS said that the window had a bullet hole. That would be nearly impossible to spot. I'm assuming (if this part is true) that later on the window was deliberately smashed because a smashed window is a lot less incriminating than a window with a bullet hole (I.e. Just my assumption)

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Sachak mocks state of shock. That smich still helped w eliminator. @AM900CHML

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 6m6 minutes ago
Smich says Millard was "huffing and puffing and getting mad," and told him to open the gate. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 6m6 minutes ago
"The lunatic was compassionate enough" that he didn't push the issue and force Smich to help with incinerator, Sachak says.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Sachak: "The lunatic was compassionate enough" that once he knew about the shoulder, "you don't have to help me."

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 6m6 minutes ago
"It would appear that the lunatic was compassionate enough that when you told him oh my shoulder hurts ..." #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests then that "this lunatic" was compassionate enough to say "since your shoulder hurts you don't have to help me."

"...you didn't have to do anything," Sachak says. #TimBosma #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6m6 minutes ago
"It would appear the lunatic is compassionate enough to say since your shoulder hurts you don't have to help me." Sachak says to Smich.

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 7m7 minutes ago
Smich says his shoulder was aching. That DM was huffing and puffing. Sachak points out "the lunatic" was polite enough to say that's ok.

Smich says he wasn't polite, he told him to go open the gate. They were going to the hangar next. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 7m7 minutes ago
Smich: He got upset and told me to go open the gate. That we were going to the hangar next."

"He got upset," Smich says he then went to open the gate and they went to the hangar. #TimBosma

Smich says that Millard got huffy about it, and told him to go open the gate, and that they were going to the hangar next. #TimBosma #Bosma

Sachak suggests that the first time Smich challenged Millard's orders he complied. Smich says he didn't "challenge" him.

He says Millard knew about his shoulder. He said he also wouldn't use the word "comply."

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 6m6 minutes ago
"He got upset," Smich says Millard "huffing and puffing." Then told him to go do something else. #TimBosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 6m6 minutes ago
Smich says he couldn't put Bosmas body inside. DM got mad. Told him to do something else. @AM900CHML

"He. Didn't. Insisted. You. Do. It," Sachak says. "Six words to that question. Answer it." #TimBosma #Bosma

Month long root canal or Sachak....month long root canal or Sachak...mmmm I think right now I'd take the root canal. At least I could get numbed to the pain!!!! MOO

Sachak says "he. Didn't. Force. You. To. Do. It. 7 words answer that question." Smich says no, and he's already answered that Q. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 6m6 minutes ago
Sachak: He didn't force you to do it? Smich: "I said no sir." Smich is showing a bit of anger now in courtroom.

"He didn't force you to do it?" Sachak counted the words on his fingers, speaking elaborately slow. Smich says no.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 7m7 minutes ago
"He obeyed you" Sachak says. "No sir, he told me to do something else. " Smich says. #TimBosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 7m7 minutes ago
Sachak says he's seen photos of the incinerator. Smich says he's seen the incinerator. #Bosma

"Mr. Millard, all by himself, takes all by himself ... Mr. Bosma into the incinerator by himself," Sachak says. Smich says yes. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 7m7 minutes ago
Millard managed to get Mr #Bosma into the incinerator all by himself? Yes, Smich says. #Bosma was over 6' tall, 170lbs, court has heard

Sachak sarcastically suggesting that Millard "all by himself" puts #bosma in the incinerator. "He was over six feet tall and 170 lbs."

May 19 2016 2:44 PM Adam Carter
Smich says Millard drove his truck to the hangar and he drove the SUV.

May 19 2016 2:45 PM Adam Carter
Sachak says that then Smich could have "taken a detour and driven away." Smich says no.

May 19 2016 2:46 PM Adam Carter
"Did you think Mr. Millard is going to get in a drag race and chase you down towing an incinerator that is more than 4,000 pounds?" Sachak says. Smich says that didn't cross his mind.

May 19 2016 2:47 PM Adam Carter
Sachak is saying that Smich could've driven away, and Millard couldn't catch him because he was towing the incinerator.

May 19 2016 2:48 PM Adam Carter
Sachak now talking about when they were at the hangar.

May 19 2016 2:49 PM Adam Carter
"Did you pick up any of the phones at the hangar and dial the magic number, 911?" Sachak asks. Smich says he was scared, and he did what he was told.

He didn't insisted. Either a tweet slip up or NS needs to slow down and take a deep breath

All comments are JMO unless stated otherwise

Ok, ok, we get it....MS helped clean up, didn't question, didn't call cops, hid evidence. He is not denying any of these things - why beat a dead horse?

Magical forests, magical numbers- yet the one thing that was actually "magic" were the mushrooms MS got kicked out of school for- and MS told him that they were magic. NS is working his magic on taking a trial that was clipping along quite nicely...and magically putting the spectators at a murder trial to sleep. MOO

Month long root canal or Sachak....month long root canal or Sachak...mmmm I think right now I'd take the root canal. At least I could get numbed to the pain!!!! MOO

Could you just imagine a month long with Sachak? the horror ... the horror ...........:gaah:

"Mr. Millard, all by himself, put Mr. #Bosma into the incinerator," Sachak says he's suggesting.

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Sachak says "you lifted Mr. Bosma's dead body," says Bosma was over 6 feet tall and around 170 pounds. #TimBosma #Bosma

"I think you know because you lifted Mr #Bosma's dead body as well." That's not in any way or shape what happened sir," says Smich

Sachak suggests #Bosma was over six feet tall. Smich says he doesn't know.

Physically impossible for Millard to put #Bosma in incinerator by himself, Sachak says. He was bigger & fitter back then, Smich says.

Sachak says he does know--because he helped lift his dead body into the incinerator. Smich says no. #Bosma

Sachak suggests Smich helped. Smich: "That's not in any way shape or form what happened..."

"...Dell was a lot bigger before than he is right now. He worked out. He did gymnastics. He was quite capable."

Sachak says it would be "nearly physically impossible" for Millard to put Bosma in the incinerator. "Not at all," Smich says. #Bosma

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 7m7 minutes ago
Sachak suggests it would be impossible for Millard to put #Bosma in the incinerator all by himself.

"Dell was a lot bigger than he is right now ... he is very capable." #TimBosma #Bosma

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 9m9 minutes ago
Smich says Millard was much bigger then than he is now. That he did gymnastics. "He was very capable," he says. #Bosma

Lisa Hepfner ‏@HefCHCHNews 9m9 minutes ago
On the way to the hangar, Smich drove the Yukon, Millard was driving #TimBosma truck & towing the incinerator

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 8m8 minutes ago
Dell in #Bosma truck, pulling incinerator with Tim's body in it, drives to hangar. Smich driving behind in Yukon, according to Smich

May 19 2016 2:50 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he couldn't take off because he didn't have the keys to the vehicle when Millard went for gas,

May 19 2016 2:51 PM Adam Carter
"Walk, run, you've seen a person according to you killed for no reason," Sachak says. Smich says he didn't think about running.

May 19 2016 2:52 PM Adam Carter
Smich agrees that he started cutting the carpets and seats out of the truck because "Millard told him to."

May 19 2016 2:53 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asks where the dog was. Smich says he the dog was "afraid of [Millard] that night too and didn't want to be around him."

"I did what he told me to do, that's it," Smich says.

Sachak is not doing a great job at this cross overall, but he is starting to back MS into a corner, IMO, showing he wasn't this terrified individual who could have driven or ran away, but that he was a willing participant, at least.

Imagine how many details MS can remember when it isn't his own layer lobbing softball questions at him.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Smich says Millard was much bigger then and did gymnastics. #TimBosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 9m9 minutes ago
Smich says Millard drove his truck to the hangar and he drove the SUV. #TimBosma #Bosma

Alex Pierson ‏@AlexpiersonAMP 9m9 minutes ago
sachak' alllll by himself he put Mr Bosma in that incinerator? A 6 ft man. 170 lbs? That wld be physically impossible." @AM900CHML

Sachak suggests it would be "nearly impossible" for Millard to lift Bosma's body into the incinerator on his own. #Bosma

Smich says Millard was much bigger then than he is now. That he did gymnastics. "He was very capable," he says. #Bosma

Smich' he worked out. Did gymnastics. He was very capable." @AM900CHML

Sachak asks if on the way to the hangar, if Smich now took a detour and drove away. Banged on doors asking for help. #Bosma

Smich did not do this. #Bosma

Sachak says that then Smich could have "taken a detour and driven away." Smich says no. #TimBosma #Bosma

The incinerator is a big, unique-looking device, Sachak says. You must have driven away, or banged on someone's door for help, Sachak says

Bosmas visibly upset. This is very tough for them to hear. It's crass. Cold. Very tough. @AM900CHML

Smich says he couldn't take off because he didn't have the keys to the vehicle when Millard went for gas,

"Walk, run, you've seen a person according to you killed for no reason," Sachak says. Smich says he didn't think about running.

Smich agrees that he started cutting the carpets and seats out of the truck because "Millard told him to."

Sachak asks where the dog was. Smich says he the dog was "afraid of [Millard] that night too and didn't want to be around him."

Ok I'm sorry but since when is MS a dog whisperer and knows how the dog was feeling? When he says stuff like this is when I start believing him less and less....

Wow. I can't tell if this was genius or stupid.

Possibly just a shot at DM. "Even your dog hated you."

So where is the evidence of a struggle the crown mentioned? Like you say, a gun doesn't provide much opportunity to struggle. How did the rear view mirror get broken off if not in a struggle? I say struggle without the use of a gun at this point. Not a struggle with the driver either. MYO

I think another poster mentioned upthread that 'struggle' was mentioned early on by LE, and not by the Crown in this trial. I am not sure, but I think LE may use that word when they might know there is evidence to indicate a homicide, or 'blood evidence'. Kind of like talking between the lines to say they not only found the truck, but there was evidence inside the truck. moo

Another thing bothering me re: a different truck passing by the Super Sucker northbound at 9:05 and southbound and 9:15.

Let's say you have a truck very similar to TB's and you live in Ancaster. On the night in question, you go up Trinity for a loaf or bread or gas. It has to be quick, and very local, because ten minutes later you are seen again on the camera.

Some time later, whether it be a day later, or a week later, this story is everywhere. You realize you are driving an almost identical truck to TB's, on the same street, at almost the same time a local man goes missing and/or, by this time, is already dead?

Does that not throw up alarm bells to you? Do you not reach out to the cops, if only to clear your name? When the Green Ribbon Task Force was convinced Paul Bernardo was driving a Camaro, you had Camaro owners everywhere being checked, and a lot going directly to the police themselves to clear their name.

Something not adding up here. I am really starting to think that truck is TB's in those earlier videos.

Why would that truck owner be worried though? In this case it wasn't 'unknown suspect seen in area with pickup' police were after, it was TB's specific truck, and later the two men, one of whom had a distinctive tatoo (unlike Bernardo where they were looking for a type of car rather than a specific one)

It is possible that a local truck owner could come forward if police put out a request for anyone who drove a pickup past SS at about 9pm that night, but did they?

May 19 2016 2:54 PM Adam Carter
Sachak asks Smich how long Millard was gone for gas. Smich repeatedly says he doesn't know, Sachak keeps asking anyway.

May 19 2016 2:55 PM Adam Carter
Smich says he doesn't recall how long it took to remove the truck's seats. Smich says "time wasn't on his mind."

May 19 2016 2:56 PM Adam Carter
Smich agrees that he helped package up the carpets and cleaning supplies into garbage bags.

May 19 2016 2:57 PM Adam Carter
Smich says they both put the bags into the back of Millard's red truck.

May 19 2016 2:58 PM Adam Carter
Sachak summarizes all the things Smich says he did: changing the plates, stripping the truck, etc.

I wish we could send care packages to the journalists and the jurors. With whiskey or something.

(I doubt there's anything we could send to the Bosmas that would help.)

molly hayes ‏@mollyhayes 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak asks if Smich thought Millard would get into a "drag race" and chase him down while towing a 4,000 lb incinerator.

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak asks if Smich banged on door looking for help? Smich says no. Sachak says incinerator weighed 4,000 lbs. Dell couldn't chase him.

"Did you really think Millard was going to chase you down with a 4-5k lb incinerator behind his truck?" Smich says he didn't

Smich says this didn't cross his mind. Sachak suggests because he had the gun. He says again he did not. #Bosma

Adam Carter ‏@AdamCarterCBC 10m10 minutes ago
"Did you think Mr. Millard is going to get in a drag race and chase you down towing an incinerator that is ..." #TimBosma #Bosma

"That Dodge would no way be able to catch up to that GMC Yukon," says Sachak. #Bosma

"...more than 4,000 pounds?" Sachak says. Smich says that didn't cross his mind. #TImBosma #Bosma

Smich says he wasn't thinking like that at the time. #Bosma

Sachak asks if they would race the Yukon and the truck towing the incinerator, which would win.

Colin Butler ‏@ColinButlerCBC 10m10 minutes ago
Sachak going through different times Smich could have escaped or driven off if he was so scared. Smich disagrees every time. #TimBosma

Smich says he's never driven #Bosma's truck so he doesn't know.

Sachak is saying that Smich could've driven away, and Millard couldn't catch him because he was towing the incinerator. #TimBosma #Bosma

"I never drove Mr. Bosma's vehicle, so I wouldn't be able to tell you," says Smich. Sachak asks if he thought Millard would chase him...

Sachak asks again if he ever thought he'd do that--chase him down. Smich says again this didn't cross his mind. #Bosma

Susan Clairmont ‏@susanclairmont 9m9 minutes ago
...with an incinerator with a body in it?

Sachak suggests Smich had the "perfect opportunity to leave and you didn't." #Bosma

Smich agrees he's been to Millard's air hangar many times. #Bosma

Sachak now talking about when they were at the hangar. #TimBosma #Bosma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics