Bosma Murder Trial 05.19.16 - Day 52

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beware the mention of Tim Bosma putting up a struggle. I think this is the scheming psychopath DM attempting to insert an image of Tim Bosma bravely putting up a fight, one that many might cling to or believe because we all want to think that he did fight for his life. This is a sneaky attempt at winning over jury, family, and friends to believe his narrative, and not MS.

But the reality is they shot him unsuspectingly, like the cowards they are, and he had no chance to fight back.

Yes. In total agreement.

Many possible reasons for the time being out: it wasn't set up right to begin with, there was no synchronization source, it was an old system with a slight drift over time, the backup battery to power the clock in the event of a power failure was dead, etc.

The three hour time difference is a common thing. Many electronic systems default to Pacific time. However, this usually occurs when the system is set to sync with a Network Time Server (NTS). Most security DVR's are connected to a network for remote access and alerts, and can access an NTS server for time synchronization.

If this was the case, and it can be verified with the Super Sucker system, the time should be off by exactly 3 hours. Without looking at the make, network connection, and knowing about the NTS setting, this is just an assumption it was off by 3 hours exactly.

MOO

There is no 9:10 in the adjusted timeline: 8:56, 9:15, 9:25 and 9:30. (I had briefly typoed 9:10 and 9:20 so perhaps that's what you are responding to).

Arnie M's 10 minute adjustment included one 20 minute adjustment so I think that is why he thought no adjustment worked with the facts.
Yes June, your first 9:10, 9:20, 9:30 was what I was responding too.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

If he blurted that out, it would be a mistrial and the Bosma's would have to go through this all over again. I don't think anyone wants that.

Thats the stupidity of the law. If Smich witnessed Millard killing somebody else, why can't he say it? Why are we able to mention Smich's drug dealing? He wasn't convicted of that either?

So which is it Sachak? DM was doing nothing to hide himself (in the Bosma's driveway) all out in the open with his tattoos visible, or now you are suggesting he was trying to hide the Yukon?

"Because of Dell's actions, a lot of people are suffering right now". IMO this is a disgusting ambiguous comment that speaks volumes. He means himself and the gang of thieves as well as maybe the Bosmas I will interpret that to mean.

Not so much that we do or don't believe him as we don't believe Sachak and his client. It is natural for people to hear two sides and that that one person of the other is lying. What most don't take in to account is that both can be lying, Like the say, "there's your side, there's my side, then there's the truth".

VERY well put, right there. Obviously they're both lying about very important aspects. I'm very much looking forward to cross being over from DM's defense and the Crown going back over all MS has said on the stand. I suspect we won't be hearing some of the smart mouth comments from MS, as I believe those were brought on by a frustration with Sachak's repeated mockery. I don't believe we'll see that from Leitch when he's up.

"Because of Dell's actions, a lot of people are suffering right now". IMO this is a disgusting ambiguous comment that speaks volumes. He means himself and the gang of thieves as well as maybe the Bosmas I will interpret that to mean.
I would also include the Babcock family. And as much as I hate to admit it. He did ruin CN's life by dragging her along for the ride . Not to mention their own families who didn't ask for this.

Smich says changing the plates was for cameras. Sachak says "doesn't it seem odd" that Millard would put different plates onto a truck with separate model, make and colour numbers.
by Adam Carter 12:55 PM

Smich says no matter what, they "share similar characteristics."
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

"I'm saying to you, that would be very odd or suspicious for a police officer," Sachak says.
by Adam Carter 12:56 PM

In my opinion a police officer would be all over the details of the carpet not matching the paint...so to speak.

If he blurted that out, it would be a mistrial and the Bosma's would have to go through this all over again. I don't think anyone wants that.

I know that I certainly don't want the Bosmas to have to go through this again. It is hard enough for them with Tim gone.

If DM is actually the one who shot Tim Bosma, then this is a 100% accurate statement. While TB was the primary victim, everyone that knew him and loved him are suffering. Everyone that knows and loves the accused, are also suffering. Despite what anyone may think of DM or MS, they do have family and none of them asked for this.

That's a lot of people.

When I posted this I ignorantly didn't know that would be the outcome. I would not want that for anyone.

I know that I certainly don't want the Bosmas to have to go through this again. It is hard enough for them with Tim gone.

Thank you Bill , and thank you for all your other meticulous records.

Super Sucker times
5:46pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
6:05pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
6:15pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
6:20pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

Here is how it pencils out if we add exactly 3 hours to the SS times with Bate phone time in red
8:46pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
9:05pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
9:05pm .... confirmed time the Bate & Bosma phones walked in Bosma yard
9:15pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
9:20pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

There has been mention of adding 10 minutes additional adjustment to the corrected time
9:06pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
9:15pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
9:25pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
9:30pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

Same thing but subtract 10 minutes
8:36pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
8:55pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
9:05pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
9:10pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

No matter how we fiddle with the timeline it will not allow those "two extra truck sightings to be the Bosma Truck"
Crown video expert & police had it right the first time .

I will now show the most correct timeline (as crown presented in court) with the two extra truck sightings removed because they simply can not Be the Bosma truck ..... maybe a neighbor with a similar truck picking up his mail at Trinity & Book Rd or something ....we dont know for sure

9:20pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

Now that leaves 34 minutes which seems like a long time but here is how I would rationalize it ( I wish Smitch would give us these details)

@8:46 Yukon starts down Trinity road .... they know it is the road Bosma house will be on .... likely not driving fast and checking the number posts in front of each house .... they obviously would first drive by Bosma's @8:51.... go a little farther south scouting for places to park the Yukon ..... turned around and headed north and likely glanced over at Bosma house again @8:53 ..... continued north and parked in the hayfield at Book Rd @8:57 ...... then walked down to Bosma house to be in the driveway @9:05 ...... talk with Bosma for couple minutes in driveway and leave @9:09 .... slow swervy drive north on Trinity as Dell pretends to get a text message from invisible coffee friends in Yukon ..... reach Book rd @9:12 .... drop Smitch off , get turned around on Book rd @9:15 ..... turn north on Trinity and drive past Super Sucker @9:20

It's just that simple. Thanks.

<modsnip>
This entire case is oddly weird and personal, in many ways. I don't care for Sachak at all, but I will concede that he may have brought up some things the Crown will be able to go over in more detail. I have never followed a court case before, and I'm learning a boat load of info on how things are done here, in criminal court. I really want all this to be over for the Bosma family, and justice firmly served.

I just think much of the criticism aimed at Sachak is oddly weird and personal.

I don't know why but from what I have been reading via tweets his lawyering 'style' (for lack of a better phrase) leaves a lot to be desired and just rubs me the wrong way.
I'd certainly never hire him based on that alone.

The three hour time difference is a common thing. Many electronic systems default to Pacific time. However, this usually occurs when the system is set to sync with a Network Time Server (NTS). Most security DVR's are connected to a network for remote access and alerts, and can access an NTS server for time synchronization.

If this was the case, and it can be verified with the Super Sucker system, the time should be off by exactly 3 hours. Without looking at the make, network connection, and knowing about the NTS setting, this is just an assumption it was off by 3 hours exactly.

MOO

If this was true then the issue would have been cleared up and never discussed in the courtroom. The fact is that they had no way to verify with precision how far out the Super Sucker video was. The officer stated that it was 3 hours out and his methodology was called into question. The lead investigator of the case (Matt Kavanagh) added a few minutes, indirectly acknowledging that there was a possible error in the original time adjustment.

Absolutely agree.

I just get a chuckle out of these "MS is doing the right thing", "trying to come clean" or "has a conscience."

No. Not even a little bit.

Mark Smich, if nothing else, is somewhere decent at math.

He knows the difference between life with no chance of parole for 25 years, and a second degree or manslaughter conviction. He'll do whatever he can to make sure the number comes out in his favour.
MS has not considered how ratting against your co-accused is going to make his stay in prison much more difficult aka Prison Rules. This is a well known fact.

Thank you Bill , and thank you for all your other meticulous records.

Super Sucker times
5:46pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
6:05pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
6:15pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
6:20pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

Here is how it pencils out if we add exactly 3 hours to the SS times with Bate phone time in red
9:05pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
9:15pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity

There has been mention of adding 10 minutes additional adjustment to the corrected time
9:06pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
9:15pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
9:25pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
9:30pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

Same thing but subtract 10 minutes
8:36pm .... Yukon going south on Trinity
8:55pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity
9:05pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going south on Trinity
9:10pm .... Vehicle consistent with Bosma truck going north on Trinity followed shortly by Yukon

No matter how we fiddle with the timeline it will not allow those "two extra truck sightings to be the Bosma Truck"
Crown video expert & police had it right the first time .

BBM

Actually, adjusting the time stamps 3 hours and 10 minutes is the only way it does make sense, but in your version here you accidentally added 20 minutes to the initial sighting of the Yukon, jumping from 8:46 to 9:06. That should read 8:56 instead of 9:06. 8:56 also makes sense with the people who said it would be about a 10 minute walk to the Bosma's from where the Yukon was parked. Not adjusting the time an extra 10 minutes would mean that there are another 10 minutes unaccounted for before they met Tim, as well as on the drive to the next video sighting.

So where is the evidence of a struggle the crown mentioned? Like you say, a gun doesn't provide much opportunity to struggle. How did the rear view mirror get broken off if not in a struggle? I say struggle without the use of a gun at this point. Not a struggle with the driver either. MYO

The mention of "call an ambulance" by DM is something that did not happen. What were they waiting for?

So would you say shooting someone from the back seat at close range, MS would have no blood on him at all to transfer into the Yukon?

Yes i would concur with your statement re no blood on him to transfer. That and a change of clothes. I don't believe that the absence of blood in the Yukon means anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305