TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
My new theories:

1) MB was targeted, but only because of opportunity. It was nothing personal, just the fact that she would be alone in the dark in a remote location. The killer got the address/directions wrong in the dark, in the rain. Googlemaps/directions is far from perfect. Pulled into Sports place first to recheck directions on phone.

2) MB was not targeted, but killed because she interrupted someone's intended burglary. The killer/s pulled into the Sports business, saw it looked very professional and sharp and had cameras that were most likely working. Pulled out and continued down the road to find another place to burglarize. Found the church and figured less security because church peeps are supposed to be trusting and open. *snort* Broke in, cruised around half-assed looking for anything.

:dunno: after hearing that PC.

Coverage on Headline News.

HLN: The News and Views network | HLNtv.com
http://www.hlntv.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to the orange icon to watch live. Sadly it isn't working for me via iPhone. Hopefully my fellow WSers will update the thread. We should be able to access transcripts of whichever show is broadcasting now.

#JusticeForMissy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Respectfully, yes we can. It is healthy and wise to question institutions and authority. If the American people had never done that, we would still be under British rule today.

So we have the right and responsibility to demand updates from those who exist to serve and protect us, especially when our taxes pay for their existence. And when that update finally comes and does not indicate much progress, we have the right to question why.

Respectfully... You took my comment out of context. HERE is the context and Respectfully, when you snip a quote state that. As far as right and responsibility to demand update they gave one. They gave some new information. It just not what some wanted. This is not a game of Clue or some FB crime scene game or crime drama on tv. LE are working hard to Investigate this Murder. They dont have the evidence needed to make an arrest. If they did they would arrest someone.

Originally Posted by curiousjo View Post
==========
So basically the LE knows "nothing"! Or thats their story and they are sticking to it.

How can Perp go from 6 ft tall to 5'7"-5'9" to maybe 5'2"? Doesn't add up. So, lets get real - you truly can't rule out family, friends, co worker ,,,if don't even know gender, height, age.

LE playing game ....hoping Perp(s) will think getting away with "perfect" crime and will "talk". Or this was a random robbery gone bad.

MY COMPLETE POST
JMHO, MPD now a lot. This is just what they chose to release. They have not had a Press Conf since Asst Chief Johnson 4/22/2016. They are just bringing Public up to speed. Cant fuss about not getting an update lol then fuss at the update. Its an ongoing Murder Investigation.

And as far as the height. You have to remember when those orig heights were given out. The various positions of the camera and so forth. That is exactly why they brought in the reconstruction experts from Tarrant County. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-19&p=12573971#post12573971

If LE didn't give the right location, it wouldn't be the first time I've followed a case where camera footage came from a different location than where LE said it came from. If this isn't where it came from, LE may be sending a message to the perp.

Any locals know of a similar brick wall in town that this could be taken by?

My new theories:

1) MB was targeted, but only because of opportunity. It was nothing personal, just the fact that she would be alone in the dark in a remote location. The killer got the address/directions wrong in the dark, in the rain. Googlemaps/directions is far from perfect.

2) MB was not targeted, but killed because she interrupted someone's intended burglary. The killer/s pulled into the Sports business, saw it looked very professional and sharp and had cameras that were most likely working. Pulled out and continued down the road to find another place to burglarize. Found the church and figured less security because church peeps are supposed to be trusting and open. *snort* Broke in, cruised around half-assed looking for anything.

What is there to steal in a church? This person just did not strike me as looking like s/he was trying to steal stuff. Seriously, what can you take? Pews? Statues of the virgin Mary? I just don't see it.

I could, however, see this person breaking in early to do something else. Place bombs, maybe? I could buy that theory.

But still, the perp is seen on video walking through the hallways nonchalantly, carrying a hammer in his/her left hand. We know for a fact that Missy's cause of death was puncture wounds to the head and chest, consistent with the hammer carried by the perp:

"As police continue to investigate the death of Missy Bevers, a newly released search warrant reveals the mom of three was killed by multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest. Police say the wounds are consistent with the tools the suspect was seen carrying through the church where the murder occurred."

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2016/05/05/cops-reveal-missy-bevers-died-from-multiple-puncture-wounds

Looks and sounds to me like this person was there in the church because s/he knew Missy would be, and knew in advance that s/he planned to murder Missy with the hammer. There's no other reason I can think of that this person would walk around holding the hammer like that after gaining entry to the church, if all they intended to do was take stuff.

IMO we need to pay attention to what was not said in the press conference. Police usually won't list anyone as a suspect unless they are about ready to arrest. That does not mean that a person is not the top target for police.

I'm always interested when police use a negative to describe something rather than the positive statement that could just as easily be made. Why say " not a suspect" instead of " cleared"?

Also on another topic, I can see why some tips are frustrating to the police. They will need to turn over all information to defense attorneys after an arrest is made. If they don't investigate a tip, the defense will claim some other person did it and rush to judgement.

Respectfully, yes we can. It is healthy and wise to question institutions and authority. If the American people had never done that, we would still be under British rule today.

So we have the right and responsibility to demand updates from those who exist to serve and protect us, especially when our taxes pay for their existence. And when that update finally comes and does not indicate much progress, we have the right to question why.

This being a serious active investigation for a murderer, LE keeps its information close to the vest. They need enough evidence to turn this over to the DA for charges to stick. I suspect by now a lot of evidence has been gathered. Number one for LE is to catch the perp before releasing any substantive information to the public. As we have seen in many WS cases, even the victims' families are not privy to the "inside" workings of LE. I am sure when a suspect is arrested, we will find out everything. In the meantime, I am waiting patiently (?!) for news of a break in the case. Not easy at all!

Earlier this week, I began to question some of my earlier assumptions about this case. Today's update has pushed me even further in a different direction.

While I've always believed Missy was targeted, the reason for the targeting, I thought, had to do with who Missy was.

But what if it wasn't about who she was, but where and when she was? IOW, this killer could have cased the church and the person arriving there extremely early in the morning. He might not have known or cared who that person was or what she was doing there.

So let's say we have a person who wants to experience the thrill of a kill. He drives down the hwy early one morning and sees a blonde woman going in to a church. Interesting. He drives by at the same time several other mornings, or parks at the store and watches. He knows what time she arrives on certain days and what time the next person does. He's never been in the church before but he notes the video surveillance sign. So he gets an outfit.

He picks a day and he does the deed.

If my theory is right, then the perp is almost definitely male because it would be very rare for a female to stalk and kill a stranger. He might be a young male, late teens because I don't look at perp video and see a self-assured adult.

And it raises the question, did MB have any cancelled camps in the couple of weeks prior that thre the schedule off? With her trip to Austin, was she able to have her class the previous Monday or was it cancelled or taught by someone else?

Because if I'm on the right track, LE needs to be looking at video not just from the 18th but from the days and weeks leading up. This person might not have ever met MB or know her name, but he apparently knew her schedule. So he would have staked out the place on other days and possibly been caught on church or store video.

My new theories:

1) MB was targeted, but only because of opportunity. It was nothing personal, just the fact that she would be alone in the dark in a remote location. The killer got the address/directions wrong in the dark, in the rain. Googlemaps/directions is far from perfect. Pulled into Sports place first to recheck directions on phone.

Possible.

The owner of the car may be innocent but may not want to contact police to avoid search warrants for phones to see if they are lying.

What if the driver just left his lovers house and was on the way home and pulled over to send a text to whomever or to get his story straight.

That person would be risking a divorce if they told LE it was them and why they were there. Jmo.

So they may want to come forward but can't. Idk

Very disheartening... I was hoping more from LE's presser as i think so many others did too. I don't know what to think anymore, everything should still be possible but now I atleast have this nauseating feeling that if this isnt a targeted hit, which still is probable considering everything.. it could be a thrill kill. Recently there has been killings in Europe where motive just does not exist even to most grisly murders. Or the motive is "I wanted to know how it feels to kill". Motives that no reasonable people understand. Locals, be safe, take care of each other and let's not lose hope. In my country 9 out of 10 murders get solved and I have faith in the best LE agencies in USA too. Let's keep hoping/praying justice for sweet Missy.

I think simple thrill killing is often associated with robbery. Also, with Texas having the highest rate of executions in the US, a thrill killer would probably go to another state IMO.

I do think this person(s) thought the plan through very carefully, and was confident they could avoid detection. To me, that doesn't indicate someone deeply disturbed by strong temporary emotions. For most problems someone is facing, there are solutions that don't involve years on death row.

I think LE have to move quickly to get the forensic evidence, and then they may have to wait patiently and allow subsequent events to unfold and people involved to begin to talk or reveal themselves through their actions. For eg, I've heard rumours that an unsolved killing of a young woman was a message a drug gang was sending out to rivals not to mess with them.

What is there to steal in a church? This person just did not strike me as looking like s/he was trying to steal stuff. Seriously, what can you take? Pews? Statues of the virgin Mary? I just don't see it.

I could, however, see this person breaking in early to do something else. Place bombs, maybe? I could buy that theory.

But still, the perp is seen on video walking through the hallways nonchalantly, carrying a hammer in his/her left hand. We know for a fact that Missy's cause of death was puncture wounds to the head and chest, consistent with the hammer carried by the perp:

"As police continue to investigate the death of Missy Bevers, a newly released search warrant reveals the mom of three was killed by multiple puncture wounds to the head and chest. Police say the wounds are consistent with the tools the suspect was seen carrying through the church where the murder occurred."

http://www.hlntv.com/shows/nancy-grace/articles/2016/05/05/cops-reveal-missy-bevers-died-from-multiple-puncture-wounds

Looks and sounds to me like this person was there in the church because s/he knew Missy would be, and knew in advance that s/he planned to murder Missy with the hammer. There's no other reason I can think of that this person would walk around holding the hammer like that after gaining entry to the church, if all they intended to do was take stuff.

In my mind, nothing worth stealing in that particular church. (Lots of cool stuff in old churches, though!) If it's young people, it's sometimes just a matter of opportunity and seeing if there's anything to strike your fancy.

Some jerks do it just because they can, I guess I'm saying.

It's a somewhat remote location, dark in the wee hours during rain. The hammer to break into the building, the hammer to break into a locked room or maybe they were hoping to find a petty cash box or donations box?

I do think it's too much of a coincidence that CG meets there and people would know a woman alone at that hour, but still keeping an open mind.

I also believe that just because LE makes statements about so-and-so not being suspects is kind of a non-statement. One reason is that of course, those who were physically proved to be elsewhere, aren't the suspect on the video.

I overthink things, so I don't always take myself seriously or literally. :blushing:

No "snarkiness" taken. LOL! That's quite possible. However, I think the words "POI" and "suspect" need to be carefully considered with the way he explained one can turn into the other. He may have said they aren't "suspects"; but he didn't say they weren't "POI's" either. The Chief may also have gathered that the public has determined who is a "friend", "family", "co-worker" and who isn't quite accurately. He made it pretty clear that BB and RB's alibis have checked out. Again....lots of reading between the lines I feel which will make us all a tad bit crazier. LOL :thinking:

Bad thing about reading between the lines, we can be reading wrong. That is when rumors get started and grow feet. Not meaning your post but just making a comment. He could very well have been including her in that group. They are not going to tell us who they suspect. They are not going to tell use that for many reasons. They are actively working a murder investigation. They have to preserve the integrity of their case. JMHO

Any locals know of a similar brick wall in town that this could be taken by?

I don't know that it is a brick wall in the video, but there is for instance a fence next door at the wedding house. I did a virtual drive using StreetView and I'm not really seeing any place close that has any sort of barrier that high in the parking lot other than the wedding house, but I don't necessarily think the video is from there.

<modsnip>

What's clear to me - MPD stated MB's family is not the focus of this investigation.

Just listened to the press conference. Really great comments. Think about how Missy's daughters would feel reading what you post before you post it.

I feel yelled at.

I don't mean for you to feel yelled at. But there have been nineteen threads of people going back and forth---are the friends "suspects," not "suspects?"

The thing is that when the police say that Person A is not a suspect, people read into that that Person A has been cleared. That is not the case. Police have not "cleared" anyone. No one is cleared, no one is a suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken