TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big cases tend to attract mentally ill people. I don't know why, but it happens in almost every case I follow.

This post hits my funnybone on so many levels. (Sorry to admit that on such a serious thread, but well...I'm probably mentally ill, so I'm hoping you'll forgive me.)

This post hits my funnybone on so many levels. (Sorry to admit that on such a serious thread, but well...I'm probably mentally ill, so I'm hoping you'll forgive me.)

Join the club......oops, you did! JMO

After having seen some pretty disturbing things, I am now convinced the cops are carrying out their investigation as they should, by looking at all poi's, but I think they've always had their eye on one person, who isn't even on the poi list.

I think they know exactly who it is, and were letting the perp think they had no idea they were a suspect, but now they are slowly revealing bits and pieces to let them know they are coming. In the meanwhile, cops are getting tips from outsiders that could help solidify the case to put the perp away for good!

Why do I think this? BB seems to know something was not right when he voiced his concerns for his wife's safety. Also, MB quit going to the gym and was acting differently. I think most people know who it is, including some fellow sleuthers here. This person sends disturbed.m to say the very least.

Again, if anything, I assume the "flap" is shorter and the pixelage is just playing with us. So, there may be something and that's why the pixels are even messing with it. Hard to say.

This is equally interesting though. Sorry if mentioned before. Look at this. Definitely a visor, pointed?
attachment.php
(1.08 s mark)
Play the video, set speed to.25 and stop at the .58 s mark. Look what happens at the 1.02 mark! Cleary a visor.

Good catch! - could be visor, face shield up (but those retract up top of helmet) or the bill of a light colored baseball cap worn underneath the helmet. It looks like it reflects the overhead light, but could just be video.

OT: The stances I saw while advancing and rewinding the video look female to me.

A female would wear a baseball cap underneath a helmet for some reasons:

If it's not my helmet, I don't want my hair and head in someone else's hygiene issue (seriously, that's what I'd do)
Bad Hair Day - baseball caps would help prevent 'helmet hair'
To try and prevent leaving your own hair or sweat as evidence if the helmet were ever traced to someone near or dear to you and you still have it because you couldn't explain where the equipment went
Hat bills also help against surveillance cameras *bank robbers*

:eek:ddsmiley:

As frustrating as this case is, I just had a wave of gratitude for our system. If we didn't have the rule of law, requirements for probable cause, due process, etc....it would be easy for mob mentality to take control and go after the "likely suspect" and feel satisfied that justice has been done. We avoid the errors of revenge and quick judgement - and that is something to be proud of.

Still....would like to see this case wrapped up and the perp in custody.

Good catch! - could be visor, face shield up (but those retract up top of helmet) or the bill of a light colored baseball cap worn underneath the helmet. It looks like it reflects the overhead light, but could just be video.

OT: The stances I saw while advancing and rewinding the video look female to me.

A female would wear a baseball cap underneath a helmet for some reasons:

If it's not my helmet, I don't want my hair and head in someone else's hygiene issue (seriously, that's what I'd do)
Bad Hair Day - baseball caps would help prevent 'helmet hair'
To try and prevent leaving your own hair or sweat as evidence if the helmet were ever traced to someone near or dear to you and you still have it because you couldn't explain where the equipment went
Hat bills also help against surveillance cameras *bank robbers*

:eek:ddsmile:

IMHO you're right. Definitely a female thing. 1. We don't like having our hair squashed & 2 helmets tend to be heavy lumpy things that are uncomfortable. A visor would cushion it.. and/or enable a larger size helmet to be worn to keep up the appearance of it being a man's size head?

IMO, the only way that oval sticker may crack the case in this investigation is if someone in the area saw the PC with LE's request for help identifying the car and they specifically know someone who drives a silver Altima with an oval sticker on the back.

I'm sure the owner of the Altima has removed the sticker at this point if he/she was involved in this crime. Plus, it's impossible to tell what might be on the sticker and there are a gazillion different ones out there---some advertise radio stations, some have slogans or sports teams on them, some have the initials of a state or city---like TX, for example. The list is truly endless.

I imagine if LE does have a suspect in mind they will be checking this person's trash for it. Jmo

I'm sure the owner of the Altima has removed the sticker at this point if he/she was involved in this crime. Plus, it's impossible to tell what might be on the sticker and there are a gazillion different ones out there---some advertise radio stations, some have slogans or sports teams on them, some have the initials of a state or city---like TX, for example. The list is truly endless.

It could just be an innocent Uber driver? Or similar Lyft or whatever service runs through that area. If so, be great to know where they collected the person from.

After having seen some pretty disturbing things, I am now convinced the cops are carrying out their investigation as they should, by looking at all poi's, but I think they've always had their eye on one person, who isn't even on the poi list.

I think they know exactly who it is, and were letting the perp think they had no idea they were a suspect, but now they are slowly revealing bits and pieces to let them know they are coming. In the meanwhile, cops are getting tips from outsiders that could help solidify the case to put the perp away for good!

Why do I think this? BB seems to know something was not right when he voiced his concerns for his wife's safety. Also, MB quit going to the gym and was acting differently. I think most people know who it is, including some fellow sleuthers here. This person sends disturbed.m to say the very least.

I do hope that you are correct. But BB said at first, that he did not think that she was targeted, and then changed his opinion, which is fine, except that indicates that he did not have a specific person in mind when he told his mother that he was concerned about Missy's safety. Also he is supportive of LE's statement that the driver of the Nissan is not a suspect, just someone they would like to talk to. If Missy named a person to him that she felt uneasy about, I'm sure that he would have shared that with LE. JMO

In Photoshop, I opened the Altima photo and then adjusted its RGB channel levels by moving the middle (gamma) slider almost all the way to the right.

I did the same thing with a picture of a car whose license plate I had manually redacted by simply coloring over it. The results are shown in the attached picture:

In the upper left is the Altima; below it is what the license plate area looked like with the altered gamma. In the upper right is a car with a manually redacted license plate; below it is what it looks like with a similarly extreme gamma.

Bottom line, although the unaltered photo of the Altima seems to have a blank "white" license plate, it actually contains a lot more random-looking light information in the license plate area than is visible to the naked eye.

From this, I conclude that (1) the photo of the Altima was not manually modified to obscure the license plate or else (2) someone used a pretty fancy technique to do so (i.e., a redaction technique that retains lighting information in a way that looks random, rather than some basic redaction or simple blurring technique).

I lean toward possibility (1), but either would be interesting given the apparent likelihood that much better images of the Altima may exist---

attachment.php

I also think another possibility could be that an owner/driver intentionally sprayed the license plate with a phantom spray to disguise it from cameras.

I do hope that you are correct. But BB said at first, that he did not think that she was targeted, and then changed his opinion, which is fine, except that indicates that he did not have a specific person in mind when he told his mother that he was concerned about Missy's safety. Also he is supportive of LE's statement that the driver of the Nissan is not a suspect, just someone they would like to talk to. If Missy named a person to him that she felt uneasy about, I'm sure that he would have shared that with LE. JMO

I think he's too close to the case to have his opinions be perceived objectively plus as you say he has apparently already changed his mind about things.

IMHO you're right. Definitely a female thing. 1. We don't like having our hair squashed & 2 helmets tend to be heavy lumpy things that are uncomfortable. A visor would cushion it.. and/or enable a larger size helmet to be worn to keep up the appearance of it being a man's size head?

Bicyclists (professional and casual) and ball players (same, including kids) do the same thing. I don't think it hints more at male or female.

But if LE knows who it is, why wouldn't they just go ahead and arrest him or her? Not to be snarky - because I wonder too if they might have an idea but maybe not quite enough evidence? Or they want more evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PurplePoloBear