TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is Thrive? Is it related to/a product of Camp Gladiator? Thanks.

I've found posts referencing them together and people who have lost weight use Camp Gladiator and "Thrive Live" etc. I think it's like P90X® and Beachbody. Intertwined, part of the same program, and owned by the same people/corp. Missy was selling and promoting both on twitter.

I've found posts referencing them together and people who have lost weight use Camp Gladiator and "Thrive Live" etc. I think it's like P90X[emoji768] and Beachbody. Intertwined, part of the same program, and owned by the same people/corp. Missy was selling and promoting both on twitter.

Respectfully, you are still incorrect.

I am a camper at CG and Thrive is NOT promoted. The trainers do not actively promote products to campers.

Yes, people who use Thrive attend CG, but Advocare, Herbalife, Plexus, and GMC vitamin buyers - even people who buy their vitamins at a box store - also attend CG.

I have attempted to politely correct your misinformation, and respectfully, from first-hand knowledge, Thrive and CG are NOT affiliated.

I am a camper at CG and Thrive is NOT promoted. The trainers do not actively promote products to campers.

Yes, people who use Thrive attend CG, but Advocare, Herbalife, Plexus, and GMC vitamin buyers - even people who buy their vitamins at a box store - also attend CG.

I have attempted to politely correct your misinformation, and respectfully, from first-hand knowledge, Thrive and CG are NOT affiliated.

Here's Missy's Twitter:

https://twitter.com/beversmissy

I think a defense attorney would have a field day if their client was 5'4" and they said the height was taller. IMO, LE is just covering their tracks so the conviction will stick. They must only have a lot of circumstantial evidence.

I agree. I think they have a lot of circumstantial evidence, maybe even enough for charges to stick or a grand jury to indict but like you mentioned, they want to make sure a conviction will stick and once someone is arrested we all know it's a whole new ball game with the rights of the defendant, etc. it's pretty much standard for experts that are able to measure height from surveillance videos or cameras to give a range for the height to account for error and I'm glad bc it would be terrible to have an expert testify to a specific height when the defendant is an inch taller.

In terms of the height thing, this is the last time I'm gonna bring it up bc I really think LE did a thorough job in reconstructing and coming up with the height range swat perp falls between, but for anyone that is still interested in this, here's a link to a company that also does the type of work the group from tarrant county did in getting a better idea of swatperps height. http://www.ncavf.com/what-we-do/forensic-height-analysis if you click around their site they have some interesting things about what they can do and testifying in court, etc. this is a private company not associated with this case but I found it interesting and informative for someone like myself who doesn't know much about this particular subject.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense. Do you think the camera also foreshortens perceptions of height? (Or perhaps the height given out to the public is an investigative strategy..) is there a real life way for us to measure this perp's height?

Yes, very much so. Really the only way for people without access to the building to measure the perp's height is to use the scale of standard door heights, which I've posted on previously. I hope to someday find out how LE arrived at such a short height estimate. They could very well be right, but until I know how, I just cannot see it myself.

Nancy Grace is covering Missy's case again tonight. I haven't watched her show for a long time, sometimes she is just incorrigible!

Right. In this particular case, with Missy, Thrive and CG are connected in the sense that Missy was involved with both enterprises. If the two businesses are legally or financially linked isn't really the point - the point is the Missy was involved with both....and her business endeavors are worth considering, imo.

One of my two dozen theories about the case is the motive has to do with the business(es). But, I don't know how, why, or who.

JMOpinion, subject to change

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
I've found posts referencing them together and people who have lost weight use Camp Gladiator and "Thrive Live" etc. I think it's like P90X and Beachbody. Intertwined, part of the same program, and owned by the same people/corp. Missy was selling and promoting both on twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by imcurious2 View Post

Bluesneakers, looks like it to me too
[video=twitter;703995438462926848]https://twitter.com/BeversMissy/status/703995438462926848[/video]

From Gadriel's transcription of the 5/20 presser: (Asst. Chief Kevin Johnson speaking) "...That being said, part of our initial investigation involved canvassing residential and commercial camera systems for any activity in the vicinity of the murder prior to. Several leads were generated through this effort. All but one of those leads have been exhausted. The last remaining lead involves a car that pulls into the SWFA sporting goods parking lot [unintelligible 00:03:45] approximately 2:00 A.M. ..." ....But we know they also checked all those cameras for the time during and after the murder, and I am not reading that he mentioned that at all, or ever said something like around the time of the murder - he only says "prior to". For instance, the AT&T Tower Dump SW states "...sector areas determined by AT&T for the period of Monday, April18, 2016 from 3:00am to 5:00am..."

I agree. I think they have a lot of circumstantial evidence, maybe even enough for charges to stick or a grand jury to indict but like you mentioned, they want to make sure a conviction will stick and once someone is arrested we all know it's a whole new ball game with the rights of the defendant, etc. it's pretty much standard for experts that are able to measure height from surveillance videos or cameras to give a range for the height to account for error and I'm glad bc it would be terrible to have an expert testify to a specific height when the defendant is an inch taller.

In terms of the height thing, this is the last time I'm gonna bring it up bc I really think LE did a thorough job in reconstructing and coming up with the height range swat perp falls between, but for anyone that is still interested in this, here's a link to a company that also does the type of work the group from tarrant county did in getting a better idea of swatperps height. http://www.ncavf.com/what-we-do/forensic-height-analysis if you click around their site they have some interesting things about what they can do and testifying in court, etc. this is a private company not associated with this case but I found it interesting and informative for someone like myself who doesn't know much about this particular subject.

Thanks for the very interesting link, will keep it in mind for other cases involving cctv.
Found this bit interesting..
rbbm.

Three challenges are often faced while determining the height of a person in any type of surveillance imagery or videos:

Camera and Lens Calibration,
Lens Distortion, and
Techniques used by criminals to manipulate appearance of height.

Right. In this particular case, with Missy, Thrive and CG are connected in the sense that Missy was involved with both enterprises. If the two businesses are legally or financially linked isn't really the point - the point is the Missy was involved with both....and her business endeavors are worth considering, imo.

One of my two dozen theories about the case is the motive has to do with the business(es). But, I don't know how, why, or who.

JMOpinion, subject to change

I think this is an important point. Just also want to say I'm also appreciative of imcurious2's input as a participant. Just want to be fair- as I know we all do, that different perspectives are valuable.

Nancy Grace is covering Missy's case again tonight. I haven't watched her show for a long time, sometimes she is just incorrigible!

:silly: watch close see if she steals anything else from WS

Yes, very much so. Really the only way for people without access to the building to measure the perp's height is to use the scale of standard door heights, which I've posted on previously. I hope to someday find out how LE arrived at such a short height estimate. They could very well be right, but until I know how, I just cannot see it myself.
I agree with you about 'how LE figured out the shorter height'. I'm 5'2" tall and the difference between the height of the commercial interior door and the top of my head is much greater than the suspect's head to the door in the video. Really puzzling.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

You guys are a much better at detecting things from these grainy photos... but I just took one of the car photos from MPD's Twitter account and just added a basic filter from an app on my phone.

It looks to me like that's A DOG in the rear passenger seat.
Or no?

14798ee5833dd367fccf386a109c32b2.jpg

Bluesneakers, looks like it to me too
[video=twitter;703995438462926848]https://twitter.com/BeversMissy/status/703995438462926848[/video]

Please google each of the companies' websites and you will see that they are NOT affiliated or associated. The CEOs and owners are separate, unrelated people.

CG's website does not reflect ANY supplement at all and Le-Vel's website does not reflect ANY workout regimen at all.

If we have learned anything from this case, it is that assumptions and speculation do not equal fact.

You guys are a much better at detecting things from these grainy photos... but I just took one of the car photos from MPD's Twitter account and just added a basic filter from an app on my phone.

It looks to me like that's A DOG in the rear passenger seat.
Or no?

14798ee5833dd367fccf386a109c32b2.jpg

I think I might be going crazy.

I can't watch. Her drama and voice grate on my nerves. And she steals maps. lol
Maybe someone who can stand to watch can let us know if there is anything new...I'm doubting it though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant