TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that she knew the perp. And I still think that the perp was insanely outraged and hated her for some reason.
this killer had an escape rout, a well planned out escape rout. LE has footage of them leaving, no randomness to this. They knew exactly what their timeline was to commit the murder. She posted she had to get up at 3:30 perp knew how long it would take for her to get there. Gave themselves a little extra time for incidentals. Goes into kitchen mulls around, exits kitchen takes a couple of practice swings at the window, and in my opinion heads down the hall in the SW direction. Where they wait for the victim to enter. The timing is the key here, brought weapons, wore padding to avoid injury and hide identity, they knew she was fit, the perp is approx her size, perp wore the shin guards to avoid injury, what would be the other reason? This person hated her and was determined. In my opinion.

The way MB was killed was gruesome, but, SP appeared cool and under control cruising the church halls, not filled with rage. S/he had a job to do. IMO, a professional hit.

Agreed. Not only was SP calm, cool, and collected prior to the attack, but I believe, as several posters suggested here on previous threads, the destruction of the windows and doors in the church, IMO, was not vandalism but rather a way to ensure MB could not run and close herself in a room if she escaped the attack. Cold and calculated.

Ha! I normally don't honk either because of road rage these days, but I did honk 2x today given the circumstances. Cranky when sick maybe? :)

I guess what I was implying was (IF the cause was outrage/hate/etc) that the SP thought it was justified planning the murder/or the snapped reaction. Their anger is multiplied by a million... I don't know why I get surprised when these things happen. People are nuts. That's why I love dogs. :/

I have a fever. I'm just going to read now. I might not be making sense. :doh:

Feel better!

wonder why LE is not releasing more video footage of the perp inside the church ?

I couldn't get your link to open so found the same article at another site:

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160520/NEWS/160529975/?Start=2

"Police are still considering if the attack was random or if Missy may have been targeted, Johnson said. They are also open the idea there may have been another person or people the individual seen on the security footage was working with, Johnson said."

Posted May 20, 2016 at 12:58 PM
Updated May 23, 2016 at 11:20 AM

and for those who are asking the motive? This person reacted in a way to outrage/hate/etc by murder - just the way we wouldn't hesitate honking at a car that pulled out in front of us while driving.
JMO

A lot of you seem convinced that the way in which she was murdered indicates outrage/hate. I don't think that's necessarily the case.

The person used a hammer, from what we can tell. That was the tool the perp had available. A hammer attack isn't going to be pretty regardless of whether you have hatred toward the victim or not.

I think the perp was a juvenile male who wanted the thrill of a kill and had found out about MB via happenstance or social media. He didn't have access to a gun or didn't want to use a gun because it could be traceable.

I think he had concerns about his own level of fitness versus MB's. That can explain why he wore the tactical outfit instead of just a ski mask - he thought he needed protection in addition to concealing his identity/gender. It would also explain why he didn't strangle MB - maybe he thought he didn't have the strength to do that.

So the hammer catches her by surprise with a debilitating blow, then he finishes the job by hitting/puncturing her until he's sure she's dead. JMHO but killing her was the point - so he had to make sure she was dead. And he couldn't take his time with it because if he planned this, he knew that he was soon to have company. So I think what some of us are mistaking for outrage/hate was simply the perp making sure he killed her, with that fairly inefficient tool.

Unspeakable murders are committed without outrage/hate all the time.

How do you believe the killer left the scene?

Theories? They:
A drove off,
B were collected
or C walked off into the night in their swat gear?

Weren't there cameras outside the church? - apologies if I've missed stuff discussed in earlier threads.

Was there no alarm system in the church?

A but B is also a possibility. C is not.

The cameras outside did not function at the time of the murder. There doesn’t appear to be any alarm system at the church.

According to some reviews at Yelp, some reviews on CampGladiator indicate that people are stuck with a 6-12 month contract.

Copied from Yelp from April 18 2016 ( really)

I do not usually wright negative reviews but my wife has been going back and fourth with camp gladiators bill department for several months. They are still trying to charge her account
monthly fees. She signed a 6 month contract and they trying to bill her for an entire year. they can not produce anything that shows that she signed a year long contract. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/camp-gladiator-austin-2

This is the kind of murder that I have always thought it was. Money came to my mind, as well as jealousy and I have always said I thought there were two people ( just my thoughts)

The get up was two fold. I don't know however I would think Terri had taken kick boxing and defense courses, now that's just a guess, in the same tone, someone wouldn't want to show up bruised and banged up the next day to the gym....

Cujenn........yup. It all depends upon how someone perceives the insult, or betrayal, or danger, or fear. It's crazyarse, but a lot of people do not think rationally. Most of us have some ability to be introspective enough to understand our rage and temper it. Others go all-out primitive! Some of us are ashamed for flying off the handle.....others blame ANYONE else. LOL I feel sorry for us big-brained mammals, but I'm embarrassed for us too. JMO

I have always thought & continue to think that Missy either saw or heard something that she wasn't supposed to. Possibly drug related, sex trafficking, illegals being transported or some such. DFW is supposedly a hub for such activity that branches out toward the north & east. No specific link, just things I've heard, so we can call it JMO. Missy's early morning hours did put her out & about at extremely early hours when nothing very good is happening & there is no telling what she might have seen. About the only good things going on that early in the morning is the paper boy & people out & about for training & the gym.

I have an increased, horrifying fear that this was a random crime. If LE had even a hunch that one of the POIs did it, couldn't they arrest them on lesser charge to get them off the streets for a little while and "warn" citizens that this is likely the killer? There are charges to be had here in addition to murder...breaking and entering, impersonating LE. Any of these would work and show the town that the PD has their man or woman. So why not???

First, welcome to the group and I am so sorry for the loss your community has endured. I really can't imagine how it feels to be local and to not know who did this. I personally don't think this was a random crime and firmly believe this was personal and Missy was targeted, but that is JMO. I wish the police would release more but part of the reason I feel they are confident this was not a random crime is because of how they have handled it in the media if that makes any sense. I don't think it's about showing the town that the PD has the man or woman responsible for this crime. They will do so in time when they feel they have enough to charge someone and get a conviction, imo. They should not feel rushed due to public pressure, everything I have seen, from an outsiders perspective, has been methodical. I think they are building a case against someone.

There are a lot of reasons why they might not arrest someone they consider a poi or suspect on a lesser charge just to get them off the street. But I have seen some other posters respond to this question with very good answers so I won't address that.

Also, in regards to LE not releasing too much and in regards to the recent presser regarding the suspects height and the Altima, I found some info from the the fbi on media relations during serial killer investigations and I wonder if some of the stuff in their recommendations for that could be applicable here as well even though this is not a serial killer investigation I still think it's worth typing out and providing the source, especially since the fbi has assisted in this case as well.

Basically, the FBI believes that local LE and/or whatever agency is handling the case, should design a proactive media plan, especially in high profile cases. The part I found most interesting is that they believe any press release or new info released on the case should be "closely coordinated with investigative strategies. This helps determine the best times to both educate and solicit information from the public concerning certain aspects of the investigation."

Further, the same source (FBI) talks about how press releases should have very specific objectives and there are different purposes they can be designed around some of which are to announce a development, educate the public, solicit info from the public, provide public safety information, to correct misinformation about the case, and to encourage someone who may know the killer to come forward. Also, they recommend that when verbal comments will be made to the press in conjunction with any written press release or update, they should be practiced with lead detectives first because they can end up negating the strategy of the written press release.

This all led me to re watch and read the latest presser, and with the info given and the fact there was no live stream, it seemed very controlled. It seemed like with the image of the Altima and the height range given, the point was to solicit info from the public and encourage someone who may know the killer to come forward. Because it is recommended that these releases are closely coordinated with investigative strategies it furthers my belief that they know who did this and are seeing how they react and/or if anyone who knows them comes forward, JMO

Here's the link, click on the part that says "media issues in serial murder investigations"

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder/serial-murder-1#nine

I asked before - is it even possible on modern cars to drive without your headlights on? On really old cars, you could do that. But cars manufactured from maybe 2000 on all seem to have headlights that come on if the car starts moving, even in reverse, whether or not the driver turned them on as a safety feature.

I know on at least some newer vehicles, you can turn off the auto-on feature of headlights. My husband's 2015 Honda Civic is one example.

Someone has likely already presented this theory, but I haven't seen it. The main reason I believe this was targeted specifically at MB and not a burglary gone wrong is the time of day. It is my experience that businesses with large sq footage, schools, churches often have custodial services in the early morning. I can't see waiting around until 4:30 as a likely scenario to burglarize a church. Additionally, I think IF she was targeted, it wasn't a hired hit. I believe that the SP would want MB to know who was attacking her...personal and revenge. JMO.

Agreed. Not only was SP calm, cool, and collected prior to the attack, but I believe, as several posters suggested here on previous threads, the destruction of the windows and doors in the church, IMO, was not vandalism but rather a way to ensure MB could not run and close herself in a room if she escaped the attack. Cold and calculated.

Oww MerryB. You did well there. It rings true. Chilling. :(

I still think that she knew the perp. And I still think that the perp was insanely outraged and hated her for some reason.

A lot of you seem convinced that the way in which she was murdered indicates outrage/hate. I don't think that's necessarily the case.

The person used a hammer, from what we can tell. That was the tool the perp had available. A hammer attack isn't going to be pretty regardless of whether you have hatred toward the victim or not.

I think the perp was a juvenile male who wanted the thrill of a kill and had found out about MB via happenstance or social media. He didn't have access to a gun or didn't want to use a gun because it could be traceable.

I think he had concerns about his own level of fitness versus MB's. That can explain why he wore the tactical outfit instead of just a ski mask - he thought he needed protection in addition to concealing his identity/gender. It would also explain why he didn't strangle MB - maybe he thought he didn't have the strength to do that.

So the hammer catches her by surprise with a debilitating blow, then he finishes the job by hitting/puncturing her until he's sure she's dead. JMHO but killing her was the point - so he had to make sure she was dead. And he couldn't take his time with it because if he planned this, he knew that he was soon to have company. So I think what some of us are mistaking for outrage/hate was simply the perp making sure he killed her, with that fairly inefficient tool.

Unspeakable murders are committed without outrage/hate all the time.

From years experience in the medical field I can say, there are many ways to die, and we have no way of knowing whether a gun was used as well. She may have been incapacitated by a bullet wound yet the COD was puncture wounds to the head and chest. We just dont know. The perp brought what they needed to break in and kill her. The COD is definitely overkill and rage filled. This was an extremely determined and confident killer. As well keep in mind the missing video and tools used on the door that could not be breached. Agian, I would bet my Chihuahua theres another weapon we dont see. There is a reason for cutting that part out. LE said " the COD is consistent with the tools found at the scene" it does not say " the COD is consistent with the tools the public has seen in the video"

The way MB was killed was gruesome, but, SP appeared cool and under control cruising the church halls, not filled with rage. S/he had a job to do. IMO, a professional hit.

I could see this being a scenario similar to Sheila Bellush's murder. Her ex-husband asked a friend who asked a friend who asked his cousin to kill her over a custody dispute. Her killer went to her house in broad daylight dressed head to toe in camo gear - which is what alerted a suspicious neighbor and led to his eventual arrest.

My point is that the murder stemmed from a personal motivation, but was committed by someone who looked upon it as a kind of game (and luckily was dumb enough to leave lots of clues for investigators). To be clear, I'm not accusing BB of having anything to do with Missy's murder! But someone who hated Missy could have hired someone who got a thrill out of planning the murder and killing her. JMO

There is a Hertz Car Rental place at the airport.

Once again, trying to catch up. Not sure how car rental at virtually-next-door-airport is exactly relevant. And might be splitting hairs here. That said...

http://www.mid-wayregional.com/OurPartners shows "Hertz Local Edition at Mid-Way Airport"
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/productsandservices/productsandservicesRegions.do shows: "Off Airport Locations Hertz Local Edition (HLE)"
https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/prod...Selection=globNav_3_5_1&selectedRegion=United Stat
es
shows: "Convenient Customer Pickup and Return Service available within 15 minutes of the HLE location."

From above, appears to me that Hertz renter does not pick up/drop off car at Midlo airport. Instead Hertz shuttle picks up/drops off renter at Midlo airport, because the Hertz cars are elsewhere, not at Midlo airport. JM interp from ^, could be wrong.

ETA: Not being snarky or sarc-y, just missed how car rental at airport ties in to timetable/chronology or elements of crime. May very well be crucial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member