TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
BatBrat - you amaze me with your skills. The distance from ankle to knee and knee to groin are equal in people, so this photo shop of yours is on target. Great job!

But, considering this is a camera shot from above, with a fish eye lens, distortions are rampant. What happens if we superimpose a photo shop purple woman onto the image, using the elbow as the natural waist? What happens to the leg lengths? If you have time I would like to see what you come up with.

I am going to review the videos again to see if I can capture a move (bending motion) at the waist.

Your newest addition here may make me change my mind about the gender of SWATPERP. Oh no!

Thanks again!

Yes, I agree there are distortions in the video. In the frames where the subject is at a distance (20 ft or more) from the camera, the distortion is significantly less, but the image quality quickly degrades. At that point, artifacts can look like details and mislead the viewer.

As requested, I superimposed a female "mock body scan" silhouette onto the image, matching waist and elbow. I'm also adding another frame using the same silhouette approach. Both male and female. These are just mental doodles, mind you. They aren't supposed to be depictions of the perp or anything. But I did notice some things when working on them.

For one thing, I'm finding it very difficult to fit female characteristics and anatomy into them. They just look and feel off. I'm constantly adjusting here and there, and when I'm done the body shape looks decidedly unfeminine to me - I'll just say it - like a man wearing a corset and “chicken cutlet” pads. The male versions just seem to fall more naturally into place given those broad, hunched shoulders and tucked-under pelvis, etc. Take that as you will, but I found it interesting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• bodyscanf.jpg
    bodyscanf.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 389
  • bodyscan2.jpg
    bodyscan2.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 526
  • bodyscanfm.jpg
    bodyscanfm.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 473
View attachment 95268 Direct wooded path from gun store to church.

I have looked at all aerial photos I can find of the area. I see no trace of a path along that creek. It looks like it would be extremely difficult to navigate that route in the daytime, let alone in the dark and in the rain. Taking that route would have also required the suspect to walk very close to a private residence next to the creek. It might even require walking on the private property. Which would likely attract a lot more attention (dogs barking, etc.) then him just walking on the highway. Also walking under the highway, would have required the suspect to either wade into the creek, or try to walk on the steep concrete embankment. I think it is highly unlikely he took that route.

988cWJI.jpg

I know this is morbid, but throughout this mystery the Beatles song ' Maxwell's silver hammer' keeps playing in my brain.....ugh. Still like the song, though. JMO

Yeah, that one came to me the other day. And, yes, I thought it was morbid, too.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. Your point about the perp's choice of church is indeed weird. That in itself is a point to debate. Indeed, why do it at the church.

As for random, what would be the motive? Just the desire to kill? I know it happens but the fact we're all sitting here without any concrete clues regarding the perp's Identity or even mode of transport is evidence that this was a very well executed crime. It had to have been well plotted.

Maybe the church, this church, because its in a more rural setting. Kind of out in the middle of no where. I've had the impression the other venues
she coached at were more in town. everyone coming to this class had to drive out of the city and the perp knew there was less of a chance on being
seen or heard and also it would take LE and help longer to get there.

I'm still of the mind this was motivated by revenge but I'm the fence now....male/female and one perp or 2. Ugh.
I'm so looking forward to justice for Missy ( and her family) and answers.:banghead:

Yes, I agree there are distortions in the video. In the frames where the subject is at a distance (20 ft or more) from the camera, the distortion is significantly less, but the image quality quickly degrades. At that point, artifacts can look like details and mislead the viewer.

As requested, I superimposed a female "mock body scan" silhouette onto the image, matching waist and elbow. I'm also adding another frame using the same silhouette approach. Both male and female. These are just mental doodles, mind you. They aren't supposed to be depictions of the perp or anything. But I did notice some things when working on them.

For one thing, I'm finding it very difficult to fit female characteristics and anatomy into them. They just look and feel off. I'm constantly adjusting here and there, and when I'm done the body shape looks decidedly unfeminine to me - I'll just say it - like a man wearing a corset and “chicken cutlet” pads. The male versions just seem to fall more naturally into place given those broad, hunched shoulders and tucked-under pelvis, etc. Take that as you will, but I found it interesting.

attachment.php

attachment.php
Very interesting, thanks!!

According to some reviews at Yelp, some reviews on CampGladiator indicate that people are stuck with a 6-12 month contract.

Copied from Yelp from April 18 2016 ( really)

I do not usually wright negative reviews but my wife has been going back and fourth with camp gladiators bill department for several months. They are still trying to charge her account
monthly fees. She signed a 6 month contract and they trying to bill her for an entire year. they can not produce anything that shows that she signed a year long contract. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/camp-gladiator-austin-2

This is the kind of murder that I have always thought it was. Money came to my mind, as well as jealousy and I have always said I thought there were two people ( just my thoughts)

Also, several unhappy "campers" on "Pissed Consumer" site. People on this site also talking about being stuck in contract- not sure a disgruntled customer would take that out on a trainer tho. Apparently sales and signing up campers' friends is a big part of the business model.
One review from site about Austin CG:

~~~~~"Do NOT sign up for the 6 month deal. It is a trap. They will lock you in for 6 months and make it next to impossible to cancel and charge you repeatedly"~~~~~~

http://camp-gladiator-arena.pissedc...n-up-for-the-6-month-deal-20130817440609.html

I think that Missy had a great deal of self confidence, but to the point that she felt invincible. The ONLY person that I know of that said she "wasn't herself lately" was Gym guy Garcia..........and I suspect that he meant it more like, "it was very unlike her to not show up at the gym according to her usual routine". I'm sure that Garcia has been questioned by LE.....and if he had any leads, they have checked them out. But they haven't publicized if they learned anything from him. JMO

Maybe the church, this church, because its in a more rural setting. Kind of out in the middle of no where. I've had the impression the other venues
she coached at were more in town. everyone coming to this class had to drive out of the city and the perp knew there was less of a chance on being
seen or heard and also it would take LE and help longer to get there.

I'm still of the mind this was motivated by revenge but I'm the fence now....male/female and one perp or 2. Ugh.
I'm so looking forward to justice for Missy ( and her family) and answers.:banghead:

Makes sense Kamy. I'm also on the fence now about the perp's gender and whether the perp had other individuals to plot with/assist.

Someone said yesterday they think it's plotted by a male/men but executed by a female. I think the height is what inclines us toward female...

I know on at least some newer vehicles, you can turn off the auto-on feature of headlights. My husband's 2015 Honda Civic is one example.
Thank you. That's an improvement. So it would be possible for the perp/accomplice to drive in and out of the CoC property with headlights off on some models of some vehicles.

Does anyone here know about analyzing blood spatter? I remember on Dexter, he could judge the height/size of the perp by the way the blood spattered around him. Is that possible in real life?

You can pinpoint the position of the victim as they were struck by directional blood spatter, such as were they on the floor, standing, etc. I know you can tell from the shape of a drop if the source of the blood was moving at the time (oblong and pointed) - and by that you can estimate how fast, etc. I'm guessing it might be possible to get a rough idea of the height of the blood source by testing droplet shapes. Like if the drop is round with a smooth edge, it fell from a short distance. If it's flattened with a wide "blossom", higher up. You get the idea. It might be possible to estimate a height from that. But I'd say that's a real stretch.

Has anyone done a side by side of COI (car of interest lol) and the different models in the range? I kinda have and I first thought it was a 2012 but I am leaning towards 2010 now. But an Altima is kind of like a needle in a haystack. Even with a sticker. Does Camp Goliath have oval stickers that say CG on them? Sorry if I'm repeating what's been discussed. I need the cliff notes.

View attachment 95268 Direct wooded path from gun store to church.
If you are suggesting this as an escape route, I think the suspect could have left by that route, but it is the North Prong Creek (hence Creekside church name) and not a trail. I don't live there, but a skilled enough hiker could probably walk along the woods on the edges, through the cement culvert under the 287, and to somewhere behind SWFA where a car was hidden or an accomplice waiting. Since the murder is completed, escape and concealment far outweighs concerns about staying dry or mud or blood. MOO

wonder why LE is not releasing more video footage of the perp inside the church ?

My feeling is the "missing" video footage is of empty hallways. SP did a lot of wandering and snooping. Perhaps was simply out of the view of the cameras during those gaps?

Also, several unhappy "campers" on "Pissed Consumer" site. People on this site also talking about being stuck in contract- not sure a disgruntled customer would take that out on a trainer tho. Apparently sales and signing up campers' friends is a big part of the business model.
One review from site about Austin CG:

~~~~~"Do NOT sign up for the 6 month deal. It is a trap. They will lock you in for 6 months and make it next to impossible to cancel and charge you repeatedly"~~~~~~

http://camp-gladiator-arena.pissedc...n-up-for-the-6-month-deal-20130817440609.html

If I signed up for a 6 month deal, I would expect to pay for 6 months lol. People don't pay close enough attention and then they're mad when they're held to the contract is what it sounds like to me. You can always dispute charges with the credit card company, and CG would have to prove they have authorization to charge the account.

wonder why LE is not releasing more video footage of the perp inside the church ?

The footage released was for the specific purpose of showing the perp's way of walking. The rest of the footage probably isn't useful to identify the perp.

According to some reviews at Yelp, some reviews on CampGladiator indicate that people are stuck with a 6-12 month contract.

Copied from Yelp from April 18 2016 ( really)

I do not usually wright negative reviews but my wife has been going back and fourth with camp gladiators bill department for several months. They are still trying to charge her account
monthly fees. She signed a 6 month contract and they trying to bill her for an entire year. they can not produce anything that shows that she signed a year long contract. DO NOT GIVE THEM YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/camp-gladiator-austin-2

This is the kind of murder that I have always thought it was. Money came to my mind, as well as jealousy and I have always said I thought there were two people ( just my thoughts)

The whole Camp Gladiator thing seems like a bit of a scam to me. Charging people that much money to work out in a parking lot in the middle of the night. While all the trainers do their workouts in a real gym. I hope people who sign up for that stuff don’t actually believe they will end up looking like the trainers.

Thats said, even with the billing scams, I doubt that would motivate anybody to want to kill one of the trainers.

My feeling is the "missing" video footage is of empty hallways. SP did a lot of wandering and snooping. Perhaps was simply out of the view of the cameras during those gaps?

I think that some of it is the two campers entering the church and subsequently finding Missy. Presumably, their finding her is not on video, because there is reportedly no video of the murder.....but probably activated cameras as campers enter and look for her. JMO

Another possibility dawned on me last evening. Regarding the Altima: If this vehicle is facing outward toward 287 and was only there for a few minutes, I would offer that it is quite possible it was only there to cast light on or illuminate the off-road area on the other side of 287 near the dirt road. This could possibly assist in gauging that area better since just passing by it would only give an idea of how far off the road one could walk unseen.

Follow me for a moment~ Directly across from SWFA on the other side of 287 is a small dirt road. If you could identify a starting area not visible by passers by, you could possibly park a vehicle back there temporarily while one hiked to/from the church. Yes, it was pitch black out and yes, it was horrific weather, but that route could be walked nearly blindfolded if you used the headlights to pre select a "go"point once you arrived over there. From the dirt road, be far enough back that you aren't visible from 287, go directly east from your start point until you hit the treeline and follow that treeline straight to the back of Creekside.

Time wise: If the Altima is spotted at around 2:00 am and departs shortly after, the time works. Walking from Rex Odom Dr (I'm using this as a reference point although it is East of the dirt road) it is 26 minutes to walk under normal circumstances. I could see a walk from the dirt road to the back of Creekside in very inclement weather taking 45 minutes to an hour.

There would be no footprints or tire marks remaining when it was all said and done due to the rain.

This is just an idea and I'm probably not considering some things, but it is another possible option.

I can't make my brain make sense of the the recordings being out of sequence. If the times on the cameras are the same then put them in order of the time.

When I read that her truck was seen driving into the parking lot then they have everybody that drove into that parking lot.

JMHO,
Everything depends on the location of each individual camera. Whether it was interior CoC camera...what area of the CoC ea individual camera was video capturing the motion. We are told that the assualt was not captured because "motion was not detected and camera did not record" (paraphrasing, cant remb exact wording of Captain Spann) OR whether it was possibly SWFA surveillance camera that gives MPD the 416 a.m.
In the Official Press Release... you notice they do not list the "last time" Suspect seen, only the First... all information is vague for a reason.. *where does the 420 come from? Did MB go in at 418, back out and back in again at 420? again, this is given to us in the Official Press Release, as with the 416, yet no explanation as to specifically the time stamp came from. **this is from MPD, not from MSM. 418am of MB first seen walking in, was given first from April 18 Press Conf, and in each of the SW. So that time is set in stone as her entrance. Each time give should have documented time source (dispatched/arrival on scene so forth)
My point/confusion/questioning is, MSM are just assuming that these were from the interior CoC camera. But MPD is not giving specific camera locations (that I have seen specifically stated) ONLY a timeline for the 416am . May seem petty, but if you think about it. They could have little bits of other information that when they get all their evidence it will all tie together. They could have specific things on video that the Suspect does not know they have. Things only the Suspect would know....We do not know what all the Interior Cameras show. only spliced 2.27 min ...MPD has it all. JMHO and I will drop it

IF surveillance video of MB "truck driving into parking lot" where is the source location of this video survellance camera
Possibilities:
1) was it the interior CoC video camera? is driving into the parking lot meaning driving thru the parking lot or under the covered awning where truck found? I have hard time thinking this is where this particular time stamp video came from, because of the sensitivity of motion detection. *remember camera did not pick up MB movement walking down hallway, as to why the assault was not allegedly captured. We do not know where that camera is located though. If it was same camera filming or changing to another area camera area, that didn't pick up motion* If it picked up every car light that hit the area, Then they should have again all the other vehicles coming into the parking lot. *which they very well could have* Hopefully so. It would be different if the outside camera's were working. That would be purpose of exterior camera, not the interior cameras. JMHO
OR
2) was it from surveillance video possibly from SWFA? They had the area businesses videos on Monday April 18. It would be very easy, if nothing else knowing that MB walked into CoC at 418am.. looking at SWFA video, they could look at prior time and if nothing else see her truck drive by SWFA, and turn (taillights/headlights turning into the CoC driveway) That could give them the "time stamp" of MB truck on surveillance driving into parking lot. IF was from SWFA do they see other vehicles (lights?) turning into CoC driveway at any point? Should have.
3) where was this camera? Interior CoC or SWFA?
April 19, 2016
Johnson said a vehicle can be seen on the video may belong to the killer, but there's not enough information to give the public. "There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,” Johnson said.http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Po...idlothian-Murder-Investigation-376269831.html

Ya know... I've come to realize there are some batshhhh crazy people in this world. SWATPERP's motive could be so ridiculous that he/she could be just about anyone.

I saw an episode of Dateline not that long ago where a 30 year-old woman---who still lived at home with her parents and spent all of her time online---had a crush on some guy who lived in her hometown. The guy had a girlfriend and apparently this girl flipped out when his girlfriend became pregnant and moved in with him. She started all this FB drama... so the guy and his girlfriend just deleted/blocked her from their pages. Then the girl starts e-mailing her parents (& the crush's cousin who she's now also dating) as a fake CIA agent named Chris. "Chris' emails" claim he came across the girl's FB page while doing research about cyberbullying and that he's concerned about her safety and well-being. She continues to email her parents and BF under this Chris name and begins to tell them that her life is imminent danger. She tells them that the two are planning to kill their daughter and if they don't do something about it now, she'll end up dead. So, her dad and her new boyfriend take a trip out to the couple's house one night & KILL him and his girlfriend as they slept with their 7 month old baby in the bed! LE discovered all of the emails from "Chris" came from their daughter's IP address.

For all we know... something equally as crazy could have happened here!

Exactly! At this point, with there being so little info available and no suspects named (but family and friends all but ruled out) it really could be anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288