TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you are suggesting this as an escape route, I think the suspect could have left by that route, but it is the North Prong Creek (hence Creekside church name) and not a trail. I don't live there, but a skilled enough hiker could probably walk along the woods on the edges, through the cement culvert under the 287, and to somewhere behind SWFA where a car was hidden or an accomplice waiting. Since the murder is completed, escape and concealment far outweighs concerns about staying dry or mud or blood. MOO

Maybe a skilled enough hiker could do that in the daytime in good weather. But in the dark, in the middle of a rain shower, with the creek running deep, I don’t think so.

Remember, the body is an extension of the crime scene, we have virtually no info on that other than COD. Which is very purposeful. Im sure FBI know where, how with what and most likley by whom. Just making sire they have a case that results in a conviction. Yes they can tell the virtual height based on several mathematical algorithms. Of course its just my opinion

And actually we only have 2 different things listed in 2 different SW. not the Autopsy findings. MPD continues to state they are not going to discuss the COD.

JMHO Wanted to chime in for my second ever Websleuths post after joining just to comment on this case.

I feel like the announcement about the Nissan has taken all the focus off the law enforcement vehicles that were seen by locals near some abandoned houses off the hwy. That seemed like a worthy clue. Midlothian Police said it was not them. So I wonder what LE agency had all those vehicles over there and why. I'm referring to some posts here from locals in the area who said they saw this last week.

ALSO I'm starting to feel like we aren't going to catch SwatPerp! I've seen on shows like 48 hours where as time goes by the chances for an arrest decrease considerably.

I'm afraid to say I am starting to feel the same way, but hope I am wrong

Another possibility dawned on me last evening. Regarding the Altima: If this vehicle is facing outward toward 287 and was only there for a few minutes, I would offer that it is quite possible is was only there to cast light on or illuminate the off-road area on the other side of 287 near the dirt road. This could possibly assist in gauging that area better since just passing by it would only give an idea of how far off the road one could walk unseen.

Follow me for a moment~ Directly across from SWFA on the other side of 287 is a small dirt road. If you could identify a starting area not visible by passers by, you could possibly park a vehicle back there temporarily while one hiked to/from the church. Yes, it was pitch black out and yes, it was horrific weather, but that route could be walked nearly blindfolded if you used the headlights to pre select a "go"point once you arrived over there. From the dirt road, be far enough back that you aren't visible from 287, go directly east from your start point until you hit the treeline and follow that treeline straight to the back of Creekside.

Time wise: If the Altima is spotted at around 2:00 am and departs shortly after, the time works. Walking from Rex Odom Dr (I'm using this as a reference point although it is East of the dirt road) it is 26 minutes to walk under normal circumstances. I could see a walk from the dirt road to the back of Creekside in very inclement weather taking 45 minutes to an hour.

There would be no footprints or tire marks remaining when it was all said and done due to the rain.

This is just an idea and I'm probably not considering some things, but it is another possible option.

I like this idea. I've thought about how you'd get a car somewhere off the road there and park it. That "on the scene" reporter from Nancy Grace did a bit of poking around there herself and I seem to remember she said those dirt roads/drives around that area were all gated and fenced. You'd need some stealthy way to be able to shine some sort of light on them to find an opening, if there were any.

My feeling is the "missing" video footage is of empty hallways. SP did a lot of wandering and snooping. Perhaps was simply out of the view of the cameras during those gaps?

The cameras are motion activated. So there would be no video of empty hallways.

I could never read them anyway because I do not and will not subscribe to FB, But why, finally, today, did Missy's husband and in-laws close their accounts? Maybe advice, but that advice was belated, as I see it. For a month, despite needing privacy to grieve............answering myself, probably belatedly heeded advice. JMO

I know I'm not in their situation, but it took me several deactivations and a long time of pondering the negatives and positives before I finally closed my account for good (actually deleted it, not just deactivated). It can be addictive. I can see it even being a source of comfort if you were going through trauma and grief. There are support groups and stuff on there, for example.

Has anyone done a side by side of COI (car of interest lol) and the different models in the range? I kinda have and I first thought it was a 2012 but I am leaning towards 2010 now. But an Altima is kind of like a needle in a haystack. Even with a sticker. Does Camp Goliath have oval stickers that say CG on them? Sorry if I'm repeating what's been discussed. I need the cliff notes.
Interesting... how can you tell a 2010 from a 2011 or 2012? We know it is a 4-door sedan, and Altimas 2010-2012 are automatic transmisison only, but there are some other features available (Kelley Blue Book http://www.kbb.com/nissan/altima/2012/). What can you see on that car - curious minds want to know?

Maybe a skilled enough hiker could do that in the daytime in good weather. But in the dark, in the middle of a rain shower, with the creek running deep, I don’t think so.

An ATV might work, though.

atv-course.jpg

The cameras are motion activated. So there would be no video of empty hallways.

Excellent point. Well, there would be, but they'd probably only be empty for a couple minutes after they got activated before switching back off. And if the time stamps are actual time, then the cameras were probably inactive during those gaps. Or is there more to the speculation that there is more footage out there somewhere?

What if "they" were wearing a lighted helmet and/or gloves?

I still think that she knew the perp. And I still think that the perp was insanely outraged and hated her for some reason.

Agreed. Not only was SP calm, cool, and collected prior to the attack, but I believe, as several posters suggested here on previous threads, the destruction of the windows and doors in the church, IMO, was not vandalism but rather a way to ensure MB could not run and close herself in a room if she escaped the attack. Cold and calculated.

I don't think they need our help any longer. JMO

I could see this being a scenario similar to Sheila Bellush's murder. Her ex-husband asked a friend who asked a friend who asked his cousin to kill her over a custody dispute. Her killer went to her house in broad daylight dressed head to toe in camo gear - which is what alerted a suspicious neighbor and led to his eventual arrest.

My point is that the murder stemmed from a personal motivation, but was committed by someone who looked upon it as a kind of game (and luckily was dumb enough to leave lots of clues for investigators). To be clear, I'm not accusing BB of having anything to do with Missy's murder! But someone who hated Missy could have hired someone who got a thrill out of planning the murder and killing her. JMO

Yes, I agree there are distortions in the video. In the frames where the subject is at a distance (20 ft or more) from the camera, the distortion is significantly less, but the image quality quickly degrades. At that point, artifacts can look like details and mislead the viewer.

As requested, I superimposed a female "mock body scan" silhouette onto the image, matching waist and elbow. I'm also adding another frame using the same silhouette approach. Both male and female. These are just mental doodles, mind you. They aren't supposed to be depictions of the perp or anything. But I did notice some things when working on them.

For one thing, I'm finding it very difficult to fit female characteristics and anatomy into them. They just look and feel off. I'm constantly adjusting here and there, and when I'm done the body shape looks decidedly unfeminine to me - I'll just say it - like a man wearing a corset and “chicken cutlet” pads. The male versions just seem to fall more naturally into place given those broad, hunched shoulders and tucked-under pelvis, etc. Take that as you will, but I found it interesting.

attachment.php

attachment.php

First, welcome to the group and I am so sorry for the loss your community has endured. I really can't imagine how it feels to be local and to not know who did this. I personally don't think this was a random crime and firmly believe this was personal and Missy was targeted, but that is JMO. I wish the police would release more but part of the reason I feel they are confident this was not a random crime is because of how they have handled it in the media if that makes any sense. I don't think it's about showing the town that the PD has the man or woman responsible for this crime. They will do so in time when they feel they have enough to charge someone and get a conviction, imo. They should not feel rushed due to public pressure, everything I have seen, from an outsiders perspective, has been methodical. I think they are building a case against someone.

There are a lot of reasons why they might not arrest someone they consider a poi or suspect on a lesser charge just to get them off the street. But I have seen some other posters respond to this question with very good answers so I won't address that.

Also, in regards to LE not releasing too much and in regards to the recent presser regarding the suspects height and the Altima, I found some info from the the fbi on media relations during serial killer investigations and I wonder if some of the stuff in their recommendations for that could be applicable here as well even though this is not a serial killer investigation I still think it's worth typing out and providing the source, especially since the fbi has assisted in this case as well.

Basically, the FBI believes that local LE and/or whatever agency is handling the case, should design a proactive media plan, especially in high profile cases. The part I found most interesting is that they believe any press release or new info released on the case should be "closely coordinated with investigative strategies. This helps determine the best times to both educate and solicit information from the public concerning certain aspects of the investigation."

Further, the same source (FBI) talks about how press releases should have very specific objectives and there are different purposes they can be designed around some of which are to announce a development, educate the public, solicit info from the public, provide public safety information, to correct misinformation about the case, and to encourage someone who may know the killer to come forward. Also, they recommend that when verbal comments will be made to the press in conjunction with any written press release or update, they should be practiced with lead detectives first because they can end up negating the strategy of the written press release.

This all led me to re watch and read the latest presser, and with the info given and the fact there was no live stream, it seemed very controlled. It seemed like with the image of the Altima and the height range given, the point was to solicit info from the public and encourage someone who may know the killer to come forward. Because it is recommended that these releases are closely coordinated with investigative strategies it furthers my belief that they know who did this and are seeing how they react and/or if anyone who knows them comes forward, JMO

Here's the link, click on the part that says "media issues in serial murder investigations"

https://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/publications/serial-murder/serial-murder-1#nine

And actually we only have 2 different things listed in 2 different SW. not the Autopsy findings. MPD continues to state they are not going to discuss the COD.

I'm afraid to say I am starting to feel the same way, but hope I am wrong

Don't fret, LE knows Perp better than Perp knows Perp. There is evidence all over the crime scene. We get lost in the minutiae of subjective thought. There is evidence and plenty of it. The killer spent at least 20 minutes on scene prior to the murder and had up to 15 minutes after. Thats a lot of time to leave evidence to theskilled professionals like the FBI and Marshalls. As well the taking down of social media by the family, has two tells. Expect news. I am in no way suggesting they are involved.

From years experience in the medical field I can say, there are many ways to die, and we have no way of knowing whether a gun was used as well. She may have been incapacitated by a bullet wound yet the COD was puncture wounds to the head and chest. We just dont know. The perp brought what they needed to break in and kill her. The COD is definitely overkill and rage filled. This was an extremely determined and confident killer. As well keep in mind the missing video and tools used on the door that could not be breached. Agian, I would bet my Chihuahua theres another weapon we dont see. There is a reason for cutting that part out. LE said " the COD is consistent with the tools found at the scene" it does not say " the COD is consistent with the tools the public has seen in the video"

There is no evidence given to us by LE that a gun was used. None. No evidence of any other weapon besides one item that left puncture wounds "consistent with a hammer."

What if "they" were wearing a lighted helmet and/or gloves?

I don’t think that would work. But even if the suspect could somehow manage it, splashing around in a creek in the middle of the night on private property would likely attract attention of the home owner. Especially if they have a dog.

Don't fret, LE knows Perp better than Perp knows Perp. There is evidence all over the crime scene. We get lost in the minutiae of subjective thought. There is evidence and plenty of it. The killer spent at least 20 minutes on scene prior to the murder and had up to 15 minutes after. Thats a lot of time to leave evidence to theskilled professionals like the FBI and Marshalls. As well the taking down of social media by the family, has two tells. Expect news. I am in no way suggesting they are involved.

This was an up close and personal murder involving multiple blows with what looks like a claw hammer. The scene itself had to have a lot of evidence and the killer didn't walk away without getting evidence on them and maybe transferred some to their vehicle.

Another possibility dawned on me last evening. Regarding the Altima: If this vehicle is facing outward toward 287 and was only there for a few minutes, I would offer that it is quite possible it was only there to cast light on or illuminate the off-road area on the other side of 287 near the dirt road. This could possibly assist in gauging that area better since just passing by it would only give an idea of how far off the road one could walk unseen. Follow me for a moment~ Directly across from SWFA on the other side of 287 is a small dirt road. If you could identify a starting area not visible by passers by, you could possibly park a vehicle back there temporarily while one hiked to/from the church. Yes, it was pitch black out and yes, it was horrific weather, but that route could be walked nearly blindfolded if you used the headlights to pre select a "go"point once you arrived over there. From the dirt road, be far enough back that you aren't visible from 287, go directly east from your start point until you hit the treeline and follow that treeline straight to the back of Creekside. Time wise: If the Altima is spotted at around 2:00 am and departs shortly after, the time works. Walking from Rex Odom Dr (I'm using this as a reference point although it is East of the dirt road) it is 26 minutes to walk under normal circumstances. I could see a walk from the dirt road to the back of Creekside in very inclement weather taking 45 minutes to an hour. There would be no footprints or tire marks remaining when it was all said and done due to the rain. This is just an idea and I'm probably not considering some things, but it is another possible option.
I like this route. The dropoff could be anywhere. For the escape, this route provides the suspect with the advantage of darkness, rain, and even if the rain passed, it was still stormy/cloudy so a very dark AM. Put on a green or camo poncho to cover the 'police' lettering and shiny helmet, and simply walk on the edge of the empty field by the trees - no one would be able to see this person from 287. Cross the creek where the cement culvert begins on CoC side - could have even prepositioned a plank of wood somewhere if needed to cross. Then follow the small cement drainage ditch to the dirt road and on to Rex Odom. And this route avoids the SWFA cameras.

Attachments

• MAP CoC.to.RexOdom.aerial.jpg
    MAP CoC.to.RexOdom.aerial.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 48
True, but it's only wooded at the creek. The rest of it is open. There are a tons of ways to get there on an ATV.

And barbed wire fences, and homeowners. You don’t think a trespasser on an ATV would take up a farmer?

Exactly! At this point, with there being so little info available and no suspects named (but family and friends all but ruled out) it really could be anything.

Nobody has been ruled out. See news from 20 May.

Quote "Johnson said, and are no longer actively considered suspects, though no one will be definitively ruled out until the case is solved."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken