GUILTY TX - Josue Flores, 11, stabbed to death, Houston, 17 May 2016 *re-arrest*

HOUSTON, Texas (FOX 26) - A fundraising event took place on Saturday to help with funeral expenses for 11-year-old Josue Flores. He was stabbed to death while walking home from school on Tuesday afternoon. Police have not yet identified or found the man who stabbed Flores multiple times.

Hundreds of people attended the fundraising event where they purchase food and raffle tickets. Some simply just came to drop off their donations. The Flores family was present collecting signatures for a petition to make the streets safer in their neighborhood.

http://www.fox26houston.com/news/143854754-story

http://www.khou.com/news/local/phot...mand-justice-for-josue-flores-death/209814382

HOUSTON - The line stretched two blocks down Quitman street, as hundreds of people stood in line for lunch on Sunday.

The cost: $8 a plate, every penny of which would go toward funeral expenses for 11-year-old Josue Flores.

[...]

“I don’t want people to start showing anger or hate, I just want what my brother would have wanted which is what we’re doing now, being happy and showing support, and just helping each other out,” said Josue’s sister, Guadalupe Flores, as she addressed the crowd.

http://www.khou.com/news/local/hund...help-family-of-boy-fatally-stabbed-/208612044

May his family have peace going forward and may their efforts to unite the neighborhood and create a safer place for other children be successful

It is horrible to realize this monster is still out on the streets.

What a senseless nightmare for this poor family. RIP Sweet Young Man. :rose:

So well said. When we are living in a world where 11 year old children can't walk home from school without such a viscous attack...there just isn't any words, is there.

I was reminded of the terrible case of Damilola Taylor in the UK. Just a year younger then little Josue, he was also on the way home and it was also caught on CCTV. In that case, several boys were suspected/went to trial but, bottomline, he was bullied. Justice, IMO, was definitely not served in this case.

When you try to think of who would harm an innocent child, I just don't know. But, again, I thought of Damilola and just wonder if it might have some tragic similarities.

i had seen this on NG and OMG poor little Josue! RIP little guy! how can someone do this to a child just walking home from school? :tears: what in the world is up with texas with crimes lately? :gaah:

So well said. When we are living in a world where 11 year old children can't walk home from school without such a viscous attack...there just isn't any words, is there.

I was reminded of the terrible case of Damilola Taylor in the UK. Just a year younger then little Josue, he was also on the way home and it was also caught on CCTV. In that case, several boys were suspected/went to trial but, bottomline, he was bullied. Justice, IMO, was definitely not served in this case.

When you try to think of who would harm an innocent child, I just don't know. But, again, I thought of Damilola and just wonder if it might have some tragic similarities.

Could be....

http://www.khou.com/news/local/camera-captures-final-moments-of-josue-flores-life-1/212794331

To see him in that video, walking along, completely unaware of the danger he faced just blocks ahead. Heartbreaking.

Who stabs an 11 year old boy to death? Why?

Rhetorical questions. A monster. Senseless.

In the video here, the reporter states that "all police have is a vague description of the suspect that they are releasing to the public". Has anyone seen a vague description?

What p*sses me off most here are the eyewitnesses.

How/why was alibi suspect identified? I have a lot of family in the area and people are out all of the time, especially when kids are walking home from school. I do not understand how we do not have more eyewitnesses and at this point, we are so far from the tragedy that we can't really rely on EW accounts anyway. The entire thing is wildly frustrating and my heart goes out to the Flores family. When I see Josue's sister on TV, I tear up.

Someone out there knows something. There's no way the killer was not covered with blood with the way he stabbed Josue. No one saw him running down the street? Did he escape into a house or apartment? So many questions.

It's a known fact that eyewitness testimony is not particularly reliable. Wouldn't be the first time eyewitnesses identified the wrong person. The alibi guy probably resembles the actual attacker.

attachment.php

Person of Interest​

Police say they have no positive connections between the image of the man and Flores' murder. However, HPD says the description of Flores' killer is close to the description of the man recorded in the surveillance video.
http://www.kiiitv.com/story/32130579/hpd-releases-image-of-person-of-interest-in-josue-flores-case

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 152
HPD MAKES ARREST IN MURDER OF 11-YEAR-OLD JOSUE FLORES

A 27-year-old man has been arrested and charged with the murder of 11-year-old Josue Flores, Eyewitness News has confirmed.

Mayor Sylvester Turner will be joined by Acting Police Chief Martha Montalvo and Harris County District Attorney Devon Anderson during a press conference 9am Saturday to discuss new developments in the investigation.

http://abc13.com/1370718/

Unless this person is known to the family (I doubt it), then there is only one thing I can guess. Mental Health issues. After working in the deep DEEP trenches of mental health for a very long time, I have such mixed feelings about it. First- this was a baby who was walking home from school. There should be an assumption of safety for him to be able to walk home. He's a child. He needs to be here. He had a full life ahead of him.

Second- there was a time when mental health was supported and funded, then the public was told that the problem was under control and given all kind of statistics, then they ripped all funding to allow the bottom to fall out. It was a trick. These people are victims, too. The problems are real. The best way I can explain Schizophrenia to the average person is to imagine your dreams mixing in with reality. Have you ever woken up from a dream, but it felt so real? Well, imagine that being your reality. As you are awake, your brain puts things that are not real mixed in with reality, causing you to be scared and question everything. This screams mental health. And a poor baby paid the price for a system that no longer supports our most critically mentally ill folks.

I mostly hope that the family finds some way to find joy after this event. Their lives sincerely changed that day and will NEVER be the same again. And if it is mental health issues (I strongly suspect), I hope they take notice that ignoring those who need help doesn't make them go away. It only makes things more volatile.

I will add, though, that he did run. That shows some awareness of doing something he knew he needed to hide from. The case in New Orleans where a police officer was killed, he stood there with the gun pointed at her, after he shot her. He waited for the police to keep the area safe and under control. He truly thought he was in danger and he saved the day. In reality, she was a police officer trying to help him and he took her gun and shot her. VERY sad for both the police and the mental health communities.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back