OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it was an overhead bed. It may have been, but, when DS said he "looked up", I think what that meant was that as he came up the steps of the fifth wheel that you kind of look up, and around the side, and can see back into the trailer bedroom. I don't know the layout w/this one, or how old it was, but most have a good sized bedroom on the floor level. I can't see a grown man sleeping over the cab portion with the option of a real bed. With that said, if someone is pointing a gun at you, you'd crawl into that bed, or wherever else they told you, possibly toss cash at them as well, in an attempt to dissuade them from murdering you too. jmo

If I remember correctly there was a deck at that RV. I thought looking up meant the "loft". I'll see if I can find it.

If I remember correctly there was a deck at that RV. I thought looking up meant the "loft". I'll see if I can find it.

You're right, he did have a deck. Which leads me to wonder, why would a grown man sleep in one of those lofts if he had a bed on floor level? Did someone stay with him for part of the night? Did he go on to bed? I've slept in fifth wheels and a man of KR's size would not be super comfortable up there. I wasn't super comfortable in the loft and at the time I was young, skinny, and didn't mind sleeping on a rock. They are a bit claustrophobic. Or, seems I remember DS saying in another interview that KR was partially on the bed and he had to look up and over to see his face. Anyone remember that? I'll have to look now...

You're right, he did have a deck. Which leads me to wonder, why would a grown man sleep in one of those lofts if he had a bed on floor level? Did someone stay with him for part of the night? Did he go on to bed? I've slept in fifth wheels and a man of KR's size would not be super comfortable up there. I wasn't super comfortable in the loft and at the time I was young, skinny, and didn't mind sleeping on a rock. They are a bit claustrophobic. Or, seems I remember DS saying in another interview that KR was partially on the bed and he had to look up and over to see his face. Anyone remember that? I'll have to look now...

Didn't DS tell reporters that he was supposed to spend the night at KRs? But for some reason he didn't?

Didn't DS tell reporters that he was supposed to spend the night at KRs? But for some reason he didn't?

That he did. I remember that distinctly b/c I found it odd that he coincidentally did not, and that he coincidentally did not go to meet KR the next morning at 5:30, nor did DS call him to see if there was a change of plans when KR didn't pick him up, or call him at 5:30 the next morning. DS doesn't seem like one who'd pass up spending the day hanging out w/his "best friend".

I believe at least 2 guns were used according to a msm interview with a family member. Someone swat trained would never go in with only 1 gun.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I realize GR's father said there were two types of casings, but all we've been told points to small calibers. Why not ensure KR was dead with multiple shots, or just fire one shot with the large caliber, since no one else could come in harms way, him being alone?

The one shot at KR's messes with everything. Did the perp run out of bullets? Was the lighting so good he could determine KR's death immediately?

We are probably all on some type of watchlist!

Most definitely. :shame:

Anyone following Websleuth members will find some very unusual links followed and Google searches. Just part of the hobby. Sometimes I'm amazed at how much I've learned from following cases here.

That he did. I remember that distinctly b/c I found it odd that he coincidentally did not, and that he coincidentally did not go to meet KR the next morning at 5:30, nor did DS call him to see if there was a change of plans when KR didn't pick him up, or call him at 5:30 the next morning. DS doesn't seem like one who'd pass up spending the day hanging out w/his "best friend".

I believe DS has a drug problem? And a mistress? He would probably hang out wherever most likely for him to score, in one way or another. ;)

I realize GR's father said there were two types of casings, but all we've been told points to small calibers. Why not ensure KR was dead with multiple shots, or just fire one shot with the large caliber, since no one else could come in harms way, him being alone?

The one shot at KR's messes with everything. Did the perp run out of bullets? Was the lighting so good he could determine KR's death immediately?

Not an expert here, but was it possible they didn't want to risk injury to themselves with ricochet bullets in the confined space of the camper? Were they concerned about others living nearby hearing gunshots? As opposed to the murder scenes on Union Hill Rd, KR's camper was on a road near other homes of people who were not on the "hit list".

If KR was the last to be killed, they knew they still had work ahead of them (removing security cameras, etc.) and perhaps it was nearing dawn. They needed to get out of the area before people woke up, before traffic on the roads increased. Even with 2+ killers (my theory), these killings took some time - looking out for witnesses, gaining entry, finding victims, removing evidence that LE could use to identify or track them, etc.

We'll know for certain if LE ever releases more info about evidence & ballistics.

If I was paranoid, the loft is exactly where I would sleep. Kinda hid.

DS has done three interviews on video that I'm aware of. Odd that only one is still available.

First, the video interview at the church by Daily Mail, where he first details the money scattered on KR's legs. Dailymail only has pics from that interview now.

Second, the interview at the Dogwood Festival, the weekend just after the murders, 1-2 days after..

Third, this one, http://nbc4i.com/2016/05/05/pike-co...-cousins-body-calling-911-on-day-of-massacre/

From his description and head movement, it does sound like he has to gain height in order to see KR's face.

I keep coming back to the part in this last interview where DS says "...and I draped...", then corrects himself saying "ahumm.. raised my head up and looked..."

This is a good find. Now the tarps make sense.

If that is why the tarps were there, where the tarps were is where the bedrooms (except for the 1 HG and FR used) most likely were or it was a bedroom and bathroom possibly that were being usedfor the grow op. This explains why the 3 year old had to sleep on the couch and the baby slept with them. If FR had a grow op in his trailer, there is NO WAY that anyone that went over there did not know. JMO

Not an expert here, but was it possible they didn't want to risk injury to themselves with ricochet bullets in the confined space of the camper? Were they concerned about others living nearby hearing gunshots? As opposed to the murder scenes on Union Hill Rd, KR's camper was on a road near other homes of people who were not on the "hit list".

If KR was the last to be killed, they knew they still had work ahead of them (removing security cameras, etc.) and perhaps it was nearing dawn. They needed to get out of the area before people woke up, before traffic on the roads increased. Even with 2+ killers (my theory), these killings took some time - looking out for witnesses, gaining entry, finding victims, removing evidence that LE could use to identify or track them, etc.

We'll know for certain if LE ever releases more info about evidence & ballistics.
Someone would maybe know about frangible bullets and know to think about such things like that in case things went wrong. Someone who'd maybe think they'd need them if they were trying to specifically ambush all of the people, in their sleep, close quarters. They know how to go in there commit the crime, they don't necessarily want to do it though, that's why they were all asleep, and several head-shots, quick and certain they were dead. But, when he gets to CR1's trailer one of them wakes up as he's coming in, and he knows him, a small tussle may ensue but he ends up killing them both but it's messy. Drags them to their bedrooms, he radios for the driver to pick him/them up and they leave. Kind of like a hunter.

Someone would maybe know about frangible bullets and know to think about such things like that in case things went wrong. Someone who'd maybe think they'd need them if they were trying to specifically ambush all of the people, in their sleep, close quarters. They know how to go in there commit the crime, they don't necessarily want to do it though, that's why they were all asleep, and several head-shots, quick and certain they were dead. But, when he gets to CR1's trailer one of them wakes up as he's coming in, and he knows him, a small tussle may ensue but he ends up killing them both but it's messy. Drags them to their bedrooms, he radios for the driver to pick him/them up and they leave. Kind of like a hunter.

Frangible bullets? I'm a gun dummy.

On that instagram in the last 80 weeks I see (from oldest to newest):
- 80 weeks ago: dark silver/grey Ford Mustang w/caption "Haven't posted it yet but my new car [emoji3]"
- 60 weeks ago: kitted out black Jeep Liberty w/caption "My baby jeepster [emoji7]"
- 36 weeks ago: black Ford Focus (?) with semi-smushed front end, w/caption, "This happened yesterday! [emoji26] #mycar"

When CR2 had the altercation with the other kid I believe he was driving a car that DR had listed. Maybe they let the kids drive them until they sold them.

Frangible bullets? I'm a gun dummy.
Frangible ammunition is no different than normal target ammo except the bullet. Instead of a lead core with a copper jacket, frangible bullets are made from compressed copper powder. Whenever the bullet strikes something harder than itself at full speed, it crumbles to pieces. Still dangerous if you’re standing on the wrong side of the muzzle, but once they hit a hard target, the bullet fragments are too small to cause any harm from ricochets. That also means there’s reduced risk of damage to steel targets themselves from frangible ammo. http://http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/frangible-ammo/

Just playing the Devil's Advocate.

Why drag someone you have just killed unless you have personal feelings for them? What does it matter where they are shot?

And who did you kill first, Gary or CR Sr. And what was the second party doing while you dealt with the first party.

Hi people, I am a new member who is currently reading all the posts written so far and am currently on Thread 8. I jumped ahead because I saw the subject of the location of the 5th possible crime scene/5th search warrant video and then the subject of where that might be seemed to be dropped. It may not have been and you may already know this but I can't read through 8 more threads before I find out. I located the 5th potential crime scene where a search warrant was served by comparing the roof of the barn in the news video to the roof of the barn at 799 West Fork Road and it's a perfect match. (I used Google Earth.) This is not where KR lived but about "500 yards down the road." I found out who claims to be living in that house at the time of the murders on this individual's SM account so you know I can't say who it is. I also don't know how to download a photo from my private photo collection so I can't show you but if you use Google Earth and locate KR's camper and come back the road to the next property down on the opposite side of the road... you will find the barn room that matches the news video. http://www.whio.com/videos/news/new-...ebook_2014_sfp
Please disregard if this has already been figured out but it's slow going trying to catch up. Haven't figured out how to navigate this site and I had to "crawl" here by hitting "LAST" on each Thread to get here. At this point, I might just read backwards to Thread 8 and then rejoin you all wherever you are by then!

This is why I don't think it is the pot. Pot is pretty easy to come by. I don't see anyone being angry enough over a couple hundred plants, give or take, to murder someone. However, if they got mixed in on someone's turf on either end of the Hwy 23 pipeline, in trying to expand into a more lucrative pill or heroin market, then someone they were dealing w/in Detroit for example, may have paid them a visit. Especially if they felt they were being manipulated in any way. It's the dealers who are not users that are the most dangerous. GR may have connected them to some dangerous people inadvertently b/c of friendships.

Of all of the victims GR does seem to have a lot more known connections to users/dealers of heroin/oxy/whatever. He has many relatives/friends/associates who have been arrested for a variety of drug-related offenses, some in prison others awaiting trials or sentencing. The other victims may have had other connections to similar people, but GR seems surrounded by it. Perhaps someone blamed him for their troubles? Especially if they felt he might have been the reason they got caught when/how/where they did? It would not be shocking if it turns out GR took refuge with CRsr and trouble followed him there.

Of course that's just my current 'favorite' of about a half-dozen theories I keep coming back to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23