Sievers Sidebar #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can read all about it on the web. I think in her funeral place where people comment. There are some very very lenghty discussions about the sister.

Yes, last year when Skinner suggested that MS stated that he found the death "suspicious" I read all of the funeral comments. I also read quite a few blog posts written by her partner that shed light on her childhood. Even if she had chronic disease and conditions that may have caused her death, I still find it hinky that her brother (now accused of murder) called her death suspicious. Red flag but maybe a false flag. Who knows with these two grim reapers. Thanks Human!

Lee Co Property Search records, house on Jarvis.... the 2009 Lis Pendens was updated this morning. Not sure why, could be merely routine updating of recorded items against a property that remain active???

Document Type: (LP) Lis Pendens
Modified Date: 5/31/2016 9:27:13 AM ​ UPDATED just this morning, LAST modified date was 6/01/2009 @ 7:47:21 PM
Record Date: 5/29/2009 9:46:18 AM
Plaintiff: 3 big banks are named here
Defendant: Sievers Teresa, Sievers Mark along with 2 banks

I am going to move past this topic, but I will continue to post, process, discuss and sleuth. I am human, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and I am sorry that you see things the way that you do, read or interpret something that is not meant or intended that way at all and I really do resent the implication of blaming the victim- I hold a mentality the exact opposite of that.

Just chiming in to say that I have it and since the thyroid controls so much in your body it can really cause issues with your heart. I was in atrial fibrillation when diagnosed but am fortunately in remission now. Maybe it did a job on her heart.
That makes perfect sense and I would imagine with any autoimmune disease that the major organs can become quite taxed and especially the heart. It sounded like she had been through a really rough life, all the way around. She was quite young too. Very, very sad.

I'm glad you're okay and sought treatment.

Whether Teresa or any other victim, I don't find it adds to sleuthing to suggest that the victim could have done something that could have prevented their own murder. By virtue of being a victim they are now subject to have their thoughts dissected? Not in my world. In the posts above the victim has been portrayed as possibly too filled with fear, or too filled with pride, or too blind or too busy or too private. Teresa's family and friends have been questioned as to why they "did not see" what MS was and "intervene." No matter how this is couched, sounds like blaming the victim to me. I agree that people on websleuths are here to sleuth. Sleuthing a deceased person's thoughts? Not so much. Of course this is my opinion and I'd be saying the same thing in any other forum.

I am going to move past this topic, but I will continue to post, process, discuss and sleuth. I am human, not perfect by any stretch of the imagination and I am sorry that you see things the way that you do, read or interpret something that is not meant or intended that way at all and I really do resent the implication of blaming the victim- I hold a mentality the exact opposite of that.

I think it helps if you remember that it is part of human psychology (because it is an extremely helpful evolutionary advantage) to look at a tragedy and attempt to learn a lesson from it. E.g., "If this were happening in my life, how would I recognize the signs?" "If this were happening in my friend's life, how could I help?" Subconsciously or not, we are all trying to figure out how these situations might be avoided in the future--and since we are not murderers we ask how non-murderers might avoid such situations. It is not blaming the victim but trying to learn lessons from her life.

I think there's a difference between 'how did they miss this for so long?' And 'how did he hide this for so long?' Not to speak for other posters, but I really do think that the latter is what most are trying to understand. Teresa was incredibly intelligent, and clearly not afraid of being assertive or expressing her displeasure. If she had known how disturbed Mark clearly is, she would have done something about it. It's just so disconcerting to realize, if he was able to hide his evil nature from someone as brilliant as her, how many other innocent people are being fooled by someone they love?

To me, it's not wondering what she did wrong... she did absolutely nothing wrong. Nothing at all. It's just amazement and horror that such a monster could be capable of hiding in plain sight for so long.

I think it helps if you remember that it is part of human psychology (because it is an extremely helpful evolutionary advantage) to look at a tragedy and attempt to learn a lesson from it. E.g., "If this were happening in my life, how would I recognize the signs?" "If this were happening in my friend's life, how could I help?" Subconsciously or not, we are all trying to figure out how these situations might be avoided in the future--and since we are not murderers we ask how non-murderers might avoid such situations. It is not blaming the victim but trying to learn lessons from her life.

Going off yours and Frigga's posts, there was indeed a poster 'something99' or '99something' who did get out of a dangerous situation because she recognised her own life in the victim we were discussing then. I'm sure Tricia could confirm, it may have been on FFJ but I'm pretty sure it was W/S.

I think there's a difference between 'how did they miss this for so long?' And 'how did he hide this for so long?' Not to speak for other posters, but I really do think that the latter is what most are trying to understand. Teresa was incredibly intelligent, and clearly not afraid of being assertive or expressing her displeasure. If she had known how disturbed Mark clearly is, she would have done something about it. It's just so disconcerting to realize, if he was able to hide his evil nature from someone as brilliant as her, how many other innocent people are being fooled by someone they love?

To me, it's not wondering what she did wrong... she did absolutely nothing wrong. Nothing at all. It's just amazement and horror that such a monster could be capable of hiding in plain sight for so long.

Thanks ModernAudrey, you hit the nail on the head. There is a HUGE difference between "how did they miss this for so long" and "how did he hide this for so long?" If people mean the latter, then it is lost in translation when certain language is used. For example, language like "If Teresa confided....then safe exit plan" or "Why her family and friends did not see what he was and intervene. I still believe that TS was just so dedicated to her career and possibly her relationships that she didn't see what went on behind the scenes and at home."

This language does not suggest that MS hid things, it suggests that the victim missed it and/or her family missed it.

No one should take offense to what I am saying, I don't mean it personally as I have seen the positive intent of posters.<modsnip>

I think The Gift Of Fear should be required HS reading to graduate.

^^^^^^^
THIS! 100% YES!!

The Gift of Fear is an invaluable resource. I've read it several times and have often considered writing a "readers digest" or "cliffs-notes" version to share in the 'General Information & Discussion' section here on WS. The only reason I haven't is because I'm not sure if anyone would care enough to read it. I have the ebook downloaded on my phone and reference it often. So, if anyone thinks I should... I'll get to work on it!

Gavin de Becker is THE MAN!

^^^ That would be awesome- yes, I think you should and would greatly appreciate it and believe it would be an invaluable resource to have here!

Respectfully, we're all thinking and feeling human beings. Nobody is blaming anyone other than MS. It may sound like it to some, but not others - it's a matter of perception.

Thinking human beings ask "why" something happens. It's may be hurtful to read, but no harm is intended.

Sometimes, we think "if someone as smart, intelligent, educated and successful as ____________ can be fooled, what hope do other people have?" Maybe we don't phrase it as sensitively as other people would like, but it's a forum for discussion.

Sometimes, it's that simple reason of fear behind our questioning and discussion. We're scared it could happen to us. These discussions are helping others to recognize the behavior that might be occurring right now in someone's life. They might be opening someone's eyes in their own relationship and help them to recognize that what's happening to them is harmful and unacceptable.

Sidestepping open and honest discussion because it's uncomfortable?

TS was an intelligent, smart, and critically thinking human being with a huge heart. It is my opinion she would welcome open discussion of this specific subject and she would agree that open discussion questioning is a good thing.

It's how we learn.

People interpret things from their own vision.

For me, I have been enthralled with why people are so disturbed. As a retired teacher, I was concerned about providing positive experiences for my students. And that did include working with parents who were being abused.

Dissecting, brainstorming. We cannot erase ideas that are not going anywhere on here as they are in print. People see things from their own lens and put out perspectives. We mull it around and comment on the idea. Expand or say why it may not be that great of an idea.

i think most of us are trying to figure out how such an unappetizing person as MS was able to fool people. How was my ex friend of forty years able to fool me? I found out talking to several of my friends that they saw warning signs about her but never said anything as she was a long time friend of mine. I have seen that with other unsavory people. Others do not tell you their feelings until you announce a friendship is over.

That is a good thing about people, They don't want to cut others down. Most of the time it is simply unpleasant relationships, but sometimes the people turn deadly.

Do you tell your friends feelings about their husband, wife , or really good friend?

Thanks ModernAudrey, you hit the nail on the head. There is a HUGE difference between "how did they miss this for so long" and "how did he hide this for so long?" If people mean the latter, then it is lost in translation when certain language is used. For example, language like "If Teresa confided....then safe exit plan" or "Why her family and friends did not see what he was and intervene. I still believe that TS was just so dedicated to her career and possibly her relationships that she didn't see what went on behind the scenes and at home."

This language does not suggest that MS hid things, it suggests that the victim missed it and/or her family missed it.

No one should take offense to what I am saying, I don't mean it personally as I have seen the positive intent of posters.<modsnip>

Your bold AR. Maybe where the problem lies, at least for me, is in your suggestion that we shouldn't look at things a certain way. The written word can easily be misconstrued and sound harsh when it would sound entirely different in conversation, please understand I'm talking in a friendly tone.

This is what has always been done at WS and similar forums. Bare in mind this is a victim friendly site, very 'friendly' in relation to most others out there. You may not think it adds to sleuthing as such when we question Teresa's thought processes, but it may answer questions (for us) when further evidence comes to light. Check out any forum here, where the victim is a woman murdered by a partner. It is what we do. I wonder, have you ever (silently or verbally) questioned a family member, friend/colleague/acquaintance who's stayed in an abusive environment, be it physical or emotional? Similar thought process.

I don't believe Teresa's family 'missed' anything. They lived with him for periods at a time, but they were hoodwinked, plain and simple. They can only have been. You didn't appear to be, you had his card marked from the off (on here). So what did you see so plainly that Teresa's own family didn't? That doesn't require an answer, obviously. My point being, if you saw what he was so clearly, it stands to reason Teresa obviously did. That is what puzzles people and causes so many 'whys'. I'm sorry the way it's phrased upsets you, but I, myself, admire the restraint on WS.

Peace.

^^^^^^^
THIS! 100% YES!!

The Gift of Fear is an invaluable resource. I've read it several times and have often considered writing a "readers digest" or "cliffs-notes" version to share in the 'General Information & Discussion' section here on WS. The only reason I haven't is because I'm not sure if anyone would care enough to read it. I have the ebook downloaded on my phone and reference it often. So, if anyone thinks I should... I'll get to work on it!

Gavin de Becker is THE MAN!

I need to get the ebook! I have given away more copies of that book then I care to count and never have it on my shelf when I actually need to reference something! I'm going to download it today.

^ What does this mean, msboo?

Sorry, thought you guys would know..... so glad I'm not the only dummy here LOL I had to look it up the other day myself.

OK..... I found this in Sievers' Jarvis property records, with their parcel, deeds & mortgage info that is attached to their owned property. A Lis Pendens (Latin for "suit pending") is a "written notice that a lawsuit has been filed concerning real estate, involving either the title to the property or a claimed ownership in it." Recording this notice alerts potential buyers or lenders that the title is in question. Therefore, if there were a buyer they would then be subject to the ultimate decision of the lawsuit.

This secures the Plaintif---3 bid banks claim on the property.
<modsnip>

People interpret things from their own vision.

For me, I have been enthralled with why people are so disturbed. As a retired teacher, I was concerned about providing positive experiences for my students. And that did include working with parents who were being abused.

Dissecting, brainstorming. We cannot erase ideas that are not going anywhere on here as they are in print. People see things from their own lens and put out perspectives. We mull it around and comment on the idea. Expand or say why it may not be that great of an idea.

i think most of us are trying to figure out how such an unappetizing person as MS was able to fool people. How was my ex friend of forty years able to fool me? I found out talking to several of my friends that they saw warning signs about her but never said anything as she was a long time friend of mine. I have seen that with other unsavory people. Others do not tell you their feelings until you announce a friendship is over.

That is a good thing about people, They don't want to cut others down. Most of the time it is simply unpleasant relationships, but sometimes the people turn deadly.

Do you tell your friends feelings about their husband, wife , or really good friend?

I absolutely do. I'm not blunt about it by any means, but if something isn't right, it's not right.

ETA: I meant to address this: that telling someone how you feel isn't necessarily putting someone else down. If you address the behavior rather than the person, it helps a lot. I had a colleague that became a friend and he brought his wife to my home to meet me.

It was the first and last time they visited. She was really nice to me, pleasant, funny we had something in common &#8211; creatives. I was happy to have met a new potential friend to play with. But, it soured almost immediately because she repeatedly interrupted him when he tried to speak, she put him down, insulted him and it just wouldn't stop. I felt like I was agreeing with it by not saying anything at the time, but I didn't want to embarrass him and he didn't say one peep to set her straight. Either way, it was very bad for me.

He and I talked a couple of days later and I told him I was really uncomfortable with the way she treated him in front of me. (ah, years of therapy had recently turned me from extreme shy mouse to being able to first recognize my own feelings and second, to stand up for myself, yay!) I told him I really liked her when she wasn't doing that, but I couldn't have her negativity in my home. I told him I felt like it made me complicit in hurting him and it wasn't good. He said he felt sad because she really liked me and was looking forward to hanging out being creative together. :(

He was actually surprised when I pointed out he never got to finish a sentence, that she made fun of him, that she put him down repeatedly. He said it was normal. I knew it was 'his' normal because of what other colleagues had said about her from work functions. I was new and had taken it with a grain of salt. I was wrong, they were right.

He and I remained friends, but drifted apart eventually because the business closed and I met my husband; the guys liked each other &#8211; they're both good guys. I learned a few years ago my friend had divorced his wife and is now doing what he wanted professionally rather than what she had wanted him to do. He is happy :D

Hi all, I have been teaching away so I have missed WS for awhile...anything new ?

^^^ Thanks for the explanation! That's great news- right, he can't have someone liquidate it for him then?

Inbox all clear! Thanks for the heads up!

Hi O-mama! We've missed you. Well, since when exactly? We're getting another doc dump again soon- other then that just hashing out feelings, thought processes and opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla