Australia Australia - Sharron Phillips, 20, Brisbane, Qld, 8 May 1986

(snipped)

It's becoming a competition.

But . . . what if someone had reason to suspect their live husband, or darling grandchild? Would you expect them to come forward, or stay quiet for loyalty's sake?

It was said in the media a few days ago that the reason this person came forward was that their conscience had got the better of them. They gave detectives information about their deceased father ( not Sharon's father ) and it could be corroborated with previous information, hence this current search.

It was said in the media a few days ago that the reason this person came forward was that their conscience had got the better of them. They gave detectives information about their deceased father ( not Sharon's father ) and it could be corroborated with previous information, hence this current search.
He had his conscience under control for 30 years. I think it's too sickly a thing to be his reason for anything.

This is all so confusing.... channel 9 is saying he accidentally ran over her and asked his son to help him get rid of the body. Channel 7 is saying he abducted and murdered her. Big difference. How can these major TV stations be so different in their stories?

(snipped)

It's becoming a competition.

But . . . what if someone had reason to suspect their live husband, or darling grandchild? Would you expect them to come forward, or stay quiet for loyalty's sake?

I'd expect them to come forward because I think I would, but who knows?

This is all so confusing.... channel 9 is saying he accidentally ran over her and asked his son to help him get rid of the body. Channel 7 is saying he abducted and murdered her. Big difference. How can these major TV stations be so different in their stories?
What the ?!

And yesterday the news was saying that the brother was the one who came forward after hearing his death bed confession in Aug last year. So why did they say that when today they say it was not thebrother? Seriously this is all over the place.

I'd expect them to come forward because I think I would, but who knows?
I'm trying to understand why you're disgusted with DA. Is the difference that her father is dead, or that you think her suspicion is unreasonable, or you don't think she genuinely suspects Bob but is making accusations for other reasons?

Trying to see it from her point of view, she'd be hoping that if somebody knew something about their own family member that could help to explain Sharron's death, then they'd speak to police. Then she finds that she knows something potentially incriminating about her own father. If she doesn't tell what she knows, how can she expect anybody else to?

Right from the word go this has been a strange case. The family fell apart after her disappearance and dont agree on what happened. It is family against family.
I really hope that if Sharrons father is innocent then it can be proven. At least the family wont have to live thinking their own dad was a killer. If he was guilty then i hope that can be proven also.

I'm trying to understand why you're disgusted with DA. Is the difference that her father is dead, or that you think her suspicion is unreasonable, or you don't think she genuinely suspects Bob but is making accusations for other reasons?

Trying to see it from her point of view, she'd be hoping that if somebody knew something about their own family member that could help to explain Sharron's death, then they'd speak to police. Then she finds that she knows something potentially incriminating about her own father. If she doesn't tell what she knows, how can she expect anybody else to?

The main reasons are that her father is dead and her claims are unreasonable. She was an adult when Sharron went missing, not a child, she's had years to come forward with whatever she knows. What I watched of her interview, she didn't give one bit of evidence that her father did it. The phone call is already debunked, she doesn't have anything. Anyone can pin a murder on a dead person. Why did her father try for so many years to find his daughter? She doesn't make any sense, and the police don't think so either. DA and her two siblings could excavate the land themselves and ask for an official to be there to witness it.

Imo, DA and two of her siblings have huge resentment towards their father and want payback. This is not an uncommon phenomenon, one sibling making up wild theories (DA might not be that person), and the other one or two swallow it, hook, line and sinker. It's a delusion that is shared, and it's very sad because no amount of proof will convince them otherwise. Another incentive is the money, for the years with this man that they think they 'deserve'. I can see no love there for Sharron, imo.

Is/Are there (an) MSM link(s) regarding the alleged MVA please?

What i saw was just a news report. They did come up on the relevant channels pages. I cant find the link.
I notice this evening they are back to saying it was Bob Phillips. Everything i hear is different. I dont think i will take any notice now til the reports are all the same. :/

There is alot of bull out there, sadly i don't think Sharons body is at carol park. As a kid riding a bike there everyday someone would have seen somthing. But i have followed this case from the start, and what i found interesting was when the case broke Dawn did all the talking to the media with Bob present, ten years later Bob did all the talking and Dawn sat silent with the media, i fined it odd. Back then i believed Bob knows more then he is letting on, and now we will never know.

There is alot of bull out there, sadly i don't think Sharons body is at carol park. As a kid riding a bike there everyday someone would have seen somthing. But i have followed this case from the start, and what i found interesting was when the case broke Dawn did all the talking to the media with Bob present, ten years later Bob did all the talking and Dawn sat silent with the media, i fined it odd. Back then i believed Bob knows more then he is letting on, and now we will never know.
Maybe it was after Dawn became ill? We can assume so many things from interviews with the media, some a skeptical when the parents don't speak to the media and when they do, they're criticized for that too. Police have gone on record that Bob is not a suspect.

:welcome: Gray headed one

Going back to the possibility or not of a third call. Has it been anywhere said whether or not Sharon's car had CB radio? I thought of it because Condon remarked on the 'ham radio' equipment at the Riverview home. Also Dallow suspected a third call, and he presumably knew about the telephone records.

I do suspect Bob, but I can't see any reason to fix on the Riverview bushland as a disposal site.

Going back to the possibility or not of a third call. Has it been anywhere said whether or not Sharon's car had CB radio? I thought of it because Condon remarked on the 'ham radio' equipment at the Riverview home. Also Dallow suspected a third call, and he presumably knew about the telephone records.

I do suspect Bob, but I can't see any reason to fix on the Riverview bushland as a disposal site.

I haven't read anywhere that Sharron's car was equipped with a CB radio, it certainly puts a spin of things if she had one. But then again, wouldn't anyone in the vicinity pick up her distress calls, especially truck drivers?

POLICE will begin the painstaking task this morning of sifting through more than 100 cubic metres of soil in a bid to locate the remains of Sharron Phillips.

Search crews faced a race against time last week to remove the soil ahead of the big wet at the weekend.

The search area covers two 35-metre concrete drains running underneath Cobalt Street at Carole Park.
http://www.qt.com.au/news/police-continue-search-sharron-phillips/3039551/

I thought they would be hindered by the bad weather but it appears not.

I just saw the misspelling and I can't edit. Sharron's car not Sharon's. Sorry.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back